• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Omni

There's an option for "Clench Protection," but I'm not sure what it actually does. Have you tried switching controllers? I've had some get mushy so there's less resistance on the sticks.

Yeah, I went out and bought a new controller yesterday to see if it would fix it. Still happening though

This is only a recent development. Maybe I'm just getting too "into" close firefights. :lol

Yeah. I followed the updates 343 made for six or seven months after I got rid of the game, hoping that some of my main issues would get addressed; I could always get a cheap/used copy if they were. But they weren't, the DLC perks actually made things worse (or at least, less appealing).
It was as if 343 dared you to hate the game more. "Bungie, we see your Reach-DLC-armor-lock-troll.gif, and raise you life saving perks and awards for camo camping"

Dub117

FUCK i would really rather not wait until E3.
I realllly hope not. really really

Edit: so if I read glasslands and the Thursday war, should I get the new one? I've seen some people say they were disappointed, but I like Naomi and if it ends well/surprising/anything but bland, I would want to read it, I think

GhaleonEB

I dunno dude. I asked up above what it is we are not meant to talk about but that seems to have been glossed over. I don't see how this thread is suddenly different from the old one but there is one... but I don't know what it is.

Let me clarify. This thread is about Halo 4. Playing Halo 4, arranging groups/customs with Halo 4, sharing Halo 4 content, talking about Halo 4, or about how much you love, hate or love/hate Halo 4. Not general Halo news, not Halo for Xbox One. Not general HaloGAF stuff. Just Halo 4.

I realllly hope not. really really

Edit: so if I read glasslands and the Thursday war, should I get the new one? I've seen some people say they were disappointed, but I like Naomi and if it ends well/surprising/anything but bland, I would want to read it, I think

Worth it, since its actually setting the bases about a huge radical change of ONI directives.

Hrmph, I haven't played Halo 4 in almost 6 months. Any big changes in that time? I'll be getting a copy this weekend and I'm excited to jump back in. Any new, fantastic custom maps?

Woorloog

Banned
So, playing Halo 4, including some Spartan Ops with my friend.
He drives a tank over a ledge, and managed to lodge it between a rock wall and a crate. And when i manage to free him (we were playing on easy, basically fooling around), he gets stuck between a crate and a plant. Most impressive.

Then back to multiplayer. BTB on Settler. The match doesn't begin very well... A few minutes into match I drive a Warthog, and intend to pick up my friend... and splatter him. Well, fuck the match, someone jumps on board, i decide to drive to the ravine (because fuck this match) and manage to splatter my friend yet again (and i fall down the ravine, with the random gunner with me, sorry for that random-guy). We're in tears over laughing at that streak of bad luck. We did actually manage to win the match in the end.

And then the next match, BTB non-Infinity Slayer on Meltdown, i take a Fuel Rod and my friend drives a Mongoose around the map, me shooting everything. Suddenly, splat!, my friend has splattered a team member. OK, sorry, that happens. My friend laughs over the fact he has tried to splatter someone all the day, and when does, it is a betrayal... A minute later he does that again. What luck we have. The match ends in a win, but mostly because the enemy team is awful and someone in our team racks up 49 kills alone.

Halo 4 has a lot of flaws but damn if doesn't have all the crazy stuff other Halos had. Crazy kills, crazy physics, streaks of incredible luck of both kinds, and whatever else.
I don't know what Halo 5 will be, but i really hope it keeps stuff like that. I'm not sure how it could be lost but i know no other game has ever felt quite like Halo.

(Battlefield has its own Battlefield-moments but they're a tad different from Halo. Don't think i've ever had any super-special moments in any other multiplayer game. Perhaps DOTA2, perhaps not, haven't played enough to say for sure)

So Tashi just joined our party of 4 mid-game in Team Slayer. Halo 4 puts him on our team instead of on the other team that has 3 people.

#empowering

Ghazi

Highlights of tonight:

-Tashi cheated.

-ExWife lost an arm in the Battle of Vietnam in WW1.

-Told the story of getting a kid at school suspended under kittens name.

-Emailing Tashi with various bugs, Melad needs to have these squashed soon.

-Was going to tweet @HaloWaypoint about Multi-Team but ended up quoting ExWife:

h9qX8SV.png

-Spiderman

-Tashi is checking out some new Verizon Nokia phone instead of playing Halo

Hey bud, it just had the same thing happen with Ayy Scooby joining in progress in Team Slayer. We had 4 people, other team 3. Scooby joins and it puts him on our team. Multiple times.

I put the vid of the game where you joined in my fileshare. You want this one too?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hey bud, it just had the same thing happen with Ayy Scooby joining in progress in Team Slayer. We had 4 people, other team 3. Scooby joins and it puts him on our team. Multiple times.

I put the vid of the game where you joined in my fileshare. You want this one too?

Yea please, that'd be awesome. Thanks!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Had a blast tonight. Sorry for stealing that assassination, ExWife. I'll get a mic soon so I can fill you comrades in on the crusade.

Now I don't want to make this all about me or anything but gat datum I have to say that my clutch ass warthog pickup of ExWife at the end of that CTF game on whatever the hell map that was, was hella awesome. The most perfect of timings.

And my long range semi-accidental sticky det kill the next game was pretty good as well.

GGs.

gAg CruSh3r

Whats happening? Do we have a thread?

Nope, Only Halo 4. Which is okay in my book because it's getting my Halo fix I need.

Let me clarify. This thread is about Halo 4. Playing Halo 4, arranging groups/customs with Halo 4, sharing Halo 4 content, talking about Halo 4, or about how much you love, hate or love/hate Halo 4. Not general Halo news, not Halo for Xbox One. Not general HaloGAF stuff. Just Halo 4.

Sorry YourExWife for not joining. My wife and I were watching a movie else I so would have joined.

willow ve

Why does big team use infinity settings? After three minutes it's just a giant cluster fuck of power weapons. So frustrating. Vehicles are absolutely useless.

Mistel

Banned
Why does big team use infinity settings? After three minutes it's just a giant cluster fuck of power weapons. So frustrating. Vehicles are absolutely useless.
I'd wager that 3 minutes is a longer time based on some of the games I've been in. If you can get the splaser in Ragnarok you can take out the most dangerous vehicles ridiculously easily. When it gets to ordinance it just devolves into an unbalanced train wreck. I find it ironic that heavies is more balanced than it...

Dub117

Yeah, I don't play BTB on halo 4… is multi-team back in yet? I would love to get some games in.

Woorloog

Banned

We play BTB Infinity all the time with vehicles, no problem with power weapons really.
Of course, it could be that we get really, really shitty players to play against and with...

EDIT actually, enemies in BTB Infinity don't seem to be using vehicles that much actually... Me and my friend drive a 'Hog around a lot though, very effective. The Splaser stops it but we just get another start again...

Ghazi

I'll basically never forgive you for that.
I won't forgive you for getting the kill I was going to steal from you (with a 360 no scope across the map barrelstuff yy fakey silentshot) stolen from you.
It's alright, we got a good party going. I'll be on tomorrow (today by this point), too.

Hoooly shit those games were fun, gg guys.

I'll be on today again, just post here whenever you want to play!

Woorloog

Banned
Probably it. I seem to backpack an entire so often any victory is hollow really as I've done most of the work.

Well, since victory is worthless, personal victory (ie being the top player) is good enough.
How i'd like to get a good skill matching back in future Halos, with guests getting persistently ranked too as to avoid it skewing the MM too much.
Pretty sure Halo 4's skill matching is non-existent or too loose, just like Reach.
(Note i don't actually care for ranked matchmaking, i just want strict skill matching to get better matches)

Oh, and i've played one match of Richo-thing. Interesting gametype, much better than Griffball in Halo 4 is.
Speaking of that, who idiot decided to make Halo 4 Griffball not reset the match when a goal is made? Presumably someone who understands even less about sports like football or hockey even less than me...

Computer

I will never understand the logic behind ordinance drops. The better players will get them faster then the shitty players and will make the game even more unbalanced. If ordnance drops were put in place to help casual players win it was an epic fail on all fronts. Including completely ruining a otherwise good game.

willow ve

I will never understand the logic behind ordinance drops. The better players will get them faster then the shitty players and will make the game even more unbalanced. If ordnance drops were put in place to help casual players win it was an epic fail on all fronts. Including completely ruining a otherwise good game.
Yeah. I still enjoy 4 even with all the faults. Just feels rushed.

Ghazi

I only last night learned about them adding Team Slayer to the game, that is the gametype they should've launched with, if they wanted their armor abilities and loadouts. I appreciate that they've really been retracting ordnance, we barely had to deal with it last night and I had so much fun.

Much more fun than I ever thought I could have from Halo 4.

No Halo series talk?

TheXbox

Team Slayer is fine, but I can't wrap my head around how it took them this long to do it. At least this anti-Infinity direction for Halo 4 bodes well for future titles. Ordnance must die.

Anyone know if it's a temporary playlist or if it's a permanent replacement for Inf. Slayer?

Fuchsdh

Team Slayer is fine, but I can't wrap my head around how it took them this long to do it. At least this anti-Infinity direction for Halo 4 bodes well for future titles. Ordnance must die.

Anyone know if it's a temporary playlist or if it's a permanent replacement for Inf. Slayer?

Inf. Slayer is a voting option in Team Slayer. You basically have classic-ish Halo, Reach style Halo, and Halo 4 Infinity settings in the same hopper.

TheXbox

Inf. Slayer is a voting option in Team Slayer. You basically have classic-ish Halo, Reach style Halo, and Halo 4 Infinity settings in the same hopper.
Just realized that as I was playing. What's the difference between TS and IS? Ordnance vs. No Ordnance? So far I've only gotten Legendary and Infinity.

Fuchsdh

Just realized that as I was playing. What's the difference between TS and IS? Ordnance vs. No Ordnance? So far I've only gotten Legendary and Infinity.

TS has no personal ordnance. I can't remember off the top of my head if it allows personal loadouts or you have to pick a primary weapon loadout they've set.

Legendary Slayer is no ordnance, set loadouts.

Top Bottom