• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

daedalius

Well there goes that idea, let me guess Palmer killed him?

Master Chief descended from the heavens upon a bolt of lightning and smote the ill-named character from the pages of this epic tome!

Palmer killed him, with a knife! then I think bowed? I really don't know on that panel tbh

Fuchsdh

As bad as the LightRifle is, it sure is fun facing off against another player up close when you both have a LightRifle. Movement actually plays a role in the fight.

I like the Light Rifle, personally, it's just eclipsed by more familiar weapons or better options in some cases. It's satisfying to scope in and kill someone, but other than that it feels weaker than the BR.

I like the Light Rifle, personally, it's just eclipsed by more familiar weapons or better options in some cases. It's satisfying to scope in and kill someone, but other than that it feels weaker than the BR.

I tried so hard in the beginning to like the Light Rifle but it's just not that enjoyable to use to me. Even with the buff it seems like you are just setting up kills for DMR users on large maps. On small maps, you are just shooting yourself in the foot trying to use it.

I'll try to get on tonight, just post here and I'll try not to be too long. Can't play for too long tonight though, gotta go to jorb tomorrow.

Woorloog

Banned
I tried playing with the DMR. Didn't bother with it for long, back to the Lightrifle for larger BTB maps, the BR for smaller BTB maps.
I don't know why but i just can't use the DMR... i think i'm so used to the LR's 4-shot kill (combined with patched rapid ROF, that thing is excellent as long as you can keep the pressure up) that i fuck up the 5th shot or something.
Unscoped... it is okay but a bit meh. Very punishing, you miss one shot, you're dead. In this it is like the Carbine but the LR still feels better.
The Carbine, despite being awesome, is just plain bad. Bring back the goodness that was Halo 2 Carbine, with its rapid ROF, good accuracy and 7-kill shot.

Nebula

Lack of HitScan on the burst fire mode really hinders its ability to do anything against BR/DMR users in close combat. Scoped in feels so boss though.

I'm like 450ish kills from mastering the LightRifle and something similar with the Suppressor. Lol.

Ghazi

I exclusively, and have since launch, used the BR for everything. That gun is the best. I've never, of my own accord, chosen and tried out any of the other weapons because none felt as good (when I picked them off dead bodies from being out of ammo) as the BR.

My gf is watching Mulan, which reminded me of that game on Ragnarok a few months back where someone started playing that Make a Man out of You song. Hilarious.

BE A MAN
We must be swift as a coursing river
BE A MAN
With all the force of a great typhoon
BE A MAN
With all the strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

My gf is watching Mulan, which reminded me of that game on Ragnarok a few months back where someone started playing that Make a Man out of You song. Hilarious.

BE A MAN
BE A MAN
BE A MAN

ahem...

TCKaos

BE A MAN
BE A MAN
BE A MAN

Vocalist reporting.

Woorloog

Banned
Lack of HitScan on the burst fire mode really hinders its ability to do anything against BR/DMR users in close combat. Scoped in feels so boss though.

I'm like 450ish kills from mastering the LightRifle and something similar with the Suppressor. Lol.

It lacks hitscan? I could have sworn it is hitscan just like the Carbine, just has low ROF. Ah, well, win with often enough. Some 100 kills to go until mastering.

The Suppressor and Stormrifle really are worthelss automatics due to their lack of hitscan as it is. Were they more powerful, they'd be competitive with the AR.

Mistel

Banned
I've not actually used the other two automatics in multiplayer I don't know how people use them. The suppressor is the main one it's just so outclassed against the AR.

It lacks hitscan? I could have sworn it is hitscan just like the Carbine
Carbine's not hitscan either.
The Suppressor and Stormrifle really are worthelss automatics due to their lack of hitscan as it is. Were they more powerful, they'd be competitive with the AR.
I like the Storm Rifle because you never have to reload it and the Suppressor because it shoots fast and feels like the SMG. The Suppressor is also the strongest (not by much) automatic but it's only useful in extremely close range.

I really wish one of our resident gametype modders would make a nice AR/Pistol start gametype.

No bloom 4sk pistol with the same kill time as the 3sk pistol from HCE and a AR to balance it.

Halo CE forge maps with modded camo power ups and oversheilds on maps.

I'd run customs all day if that existed

I really wish one of our resident gametype modders would make a nice AR/Pistol start gametype.

No bloom 4sk pistol with the same kill time as the 3sk pistol from HCE and a AR to balance it.

Halo CE forge maps with modded camo power ups and oversheilds on maps.

I'd run customs all day if that existed
And if we had a CGB in Halo 4 we could be running these publicly all day, then maybe 343 would be able to see how many people are hosting these gametypes and possibly use them for MM. You remember that Reach Forge playlist with classic settings/maps? That was my favorite playlist in that game.

--The benefits of having a CGB.

As for the Pistol, they'd have to remove hitscan or lower the aim assist and make it 12 shots, otherwise it would be OP as a 4sk without bloom because of how easy it is to use.

So what happened in that new Halo comic?

Palmer offered a "happy ending" to DeMarco.
RIP
Demarco
Palmer becomes chief because reasons.
The whole meeting reason
was a failure and all of the factions knew the meeting will never work except you know, Palmer.
Conspiracy theory cliche.

Booties

Banned
Palmer offered a "happy ending" to DeMarco.
RIP
Demarco
Palmer becomes chief because reasons.
The whole meeting reason
was a failure and all of the factions knew the meeting will never work except you know, Palmer.
Conspiracy theory cliche.

Wait, what is this? Palmer is a what now? I thought they were going to kill her off.

daedalius

I wouldn't say the latest comic "makes" Palmer into Chief, that doesn't really even make sense.

Big takeaways from the latest one are
Chief is already on the run/missing and an infiltrator in the S4 program sabotaged the cease-fire/trade agreement meeting between the Arbiter and the Brutes.

Also, helmets are for scrubs.

I wouldn't say the latest comic "makes" Palmer into Chief, that doesn't really even make sense.

Chief is already on the run/missing and an infiltrator in the S4 program sabotaged the cease-fire/trade agreement meeting between the Arbiter and the Brutes.

Holy cow at the first part of the spoilers.

I like.

Oh shit. This is definitely interesting..

Booties

Banned

Can you explain the second part of that spoiler a little more?

Can you explain the second part of that spoiler a little more?

Someone wants to make public the events of Kilo five story like how ONI promoted the civil war in shangelios in both sides of the conflict and most of their shady operations, so Scrubbs guy was actually a good spartan

Fuchsdh

Someone wants to make public the events of Kilo five story like how ONI promoted the civil war in shangelios in both sides of the conflict and most of their shady operations, so Scrubbs guy was actually a good spartan

I dunno if that's exactly the implication, but it would be interesting if the K5 stuff came to light.

Nebula

Wow I didn't know host bridging/booting was still a thing. We get in the game, instant blackscreen, and then we come back to 5 of my team gone and the enemy already has the power weapons. Teams are the worst.

Top Bottom