• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

54HkenL.gif

This is too good.

blamite

To be honest I hope Halo 2 Anniversary doesn't have H2's original multiplayer if only for the totally selfish asshole reason that I'm not buying an Xbox One and I don't want to miss out on playing it again.

Unless it comes out on Steam ;)

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Signed up for Audible just so I can get my free audiobook. Picked Silentium. I already know a good deal of what the book is about but it's nice to have it regardless. I really love what they did with the Precursors here.

Fuchsdh

Signed up for Audible just so I can get my free audiobook. Picked Silentium. I already know a good deal of what the book is about but it's nice to have it regardless. I really love what they did with the Precursors here.

I woulda' gone with Primordium, just because I wanna' hear Didabo slowly slip into his 343GS voice. But still, good choice :)

After the disappointment of Bioshock: Burial at Sea, I'm itching to play some Halo goodness again. Hyped for customs.

What's the population in Proving Grounds been like?

Ghazi

After the disappointment of Bioshock: Burial at Sea, I'm itching to play some Halo goodness again. Hyped for customs.

What's the population in Proving Grounds been like?

When are the customs, again? I have some gametypes and stuff, but you guys have probably played them all.

Fuchsdh

When are the customs, again? I have some gametypes and stuff, but you guys have probably played them all.

Prolly start 9PM Saturday. Dunno if we've played your gametypes but stick them in your share or have them at the ready. I got some good remake maps from the HBO March Mardness tourney I'm interested putting into rotation since lots of people don't have all the DLC.

Fuchsdh

Didn't see someone post the Halo bulletin. Might've missed it in the Frankie plz messages.

https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/the-halo-bulletin-3-26-14

Basketball ricochet and Squad DLC. Hafta' get some Halo in after Vegas.

On the subject of Halo Escalation, the new issue is out and it's pretty good. Art is a bit more consistent and definitely feels less rushed, although there's one or two pretty bad derp faces. Has a few nice nods to people who follow the canon although we haven't really gotten to the Spirit of Fire stuff properly...

Basically they get into a firefight with people using tech off the Spirit of Fire. Not sure if that means the insurrectionists found them and stripped them for parts or what.

Also, this made me lol. I really want to see Hood back in a game, kicking some ass. Halo needs more Ron Perlman.

BUJ8nON.png

Mabef

Banned
I don't know much about Star Wars, but it sounds like an abridged version of the main To Galaxy melody to me.

Oddly enough, it also reminds me of one of my own melodies which I just refer to as "Archrival." It kicks up pretty clearly around 0:30 here.

My other guesses would have to be that you were subconsciously basing it on the backing vocals of In Amber Clad around the 35 second mark, albeit they're pretty faint. Note lengths are about the same, just slowed down, though. I'm checking all of the obvious places right now and can't find anything immediate in the Halo soundtracks. The only other place in Halo I'm hearing a source for that melody is that you possibly merged the repeating piano chords and opening, two-note string riff in ODST's Cast Aside, but I think you should be safe on the Halo front. It sounds a little more Star Wars-y to me, but I don't have too much experience with those soundtracks.

That being said, you may want to flip through the Shadow of the Colossus soundtrack, because I figured out that's what I subconsciously used for Archrival as a reference. Demise of the Ceremony's opening melody sounds slightly similar.
Thanks for looking, but those weren't it. Whatever it is, it's either extremely close to what I wrote or it doesn't exist and I'm crazy. I have a few more ideas before I give up, but the fact that you & co didn't recognize it means I'm probably just crazy.

All that said, nice piano ditty, and yeah, the SotC soundtrack is super good.

daedalius

Didn't see someone post the Halo bulletin. Might've missed it in the Frankie plz messages.

https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/the-halo-bulletin-3-26-14

Basketball ricochet and Squad DLC. Hafta' get some Halo in after Vegas.

On the subject of Halo Escalation, the new issue is out and it's pretty good. Art is a bit more consistent and definitely feels less rushed, although there's one or two pretty bad derp faces. Has a few nice nods to people who follow the canon although we haven't really gotten to the Spirit of Fire stuff properly...

Basically they get into a firefight with people using tech off the Spirit of Fire. Not sure if that means the insurrectionists found them and stripped them for parts or what.

Also, this made me lol. I really want to see Hood back in a game, kicking some ass. Halo needs more Ron Perlman.

BUJ8nON.png

So the new issue of escalation is out? I'll pick it up (on my ipad) :)

He/she gives no fucks.

"YAAAAAY!"

ZkG73Wn.jpg

Where's the perk to jump like this all the time?

Madness

I watched the movie Soldier last night. All I could think about was Chief and Halo for some damn reason lol. And the "new" version Soldiers in that movie reminded me of Spartan-IV's etc. I'd seen the movie many times before, but I kept drawing parallels this time.

Daaamn. Weyland Yutani corp is mad irresponsible.

(watching alien vs predator movie)
I've been waiting for an Aliens sequel (horror movie) where aliens get loose on earth and start killing everyone, ever since the first two movies. Think War of the Worlds/Contagion/World War Z, but on crack. That's what hollywood should have done instead of Alien 3 and Alien Ressurection.

I thought AVP just had Weyland.

Yutani doesn't enter the picture until the very end of AVP: Requiem.

-------
I'm just salty we never got a movie with Aliens vs. Predators vs. Colonial Marines.

Omni

Anyone wanna help me boost the score three times in a Ricochet game achievement over the weekend sometime?

I accidentally got that stupid rocket launcher achievement worth 27 gamer score. It's really annoying to look at. Why would they do it? Now I have to play that silly mode a hundred million times to try and balance it out

Anyone wanna help me boost the score three times in a Ricochet game achievement over the weekend sometime?

I accidentally got that stupid rocket launcher achievement worth 27 gamer score. It's really annoying to look at. Why would they do it? Now I have to play that silly mode a hundred million times to try and balance it out

Don't think you should need to boost it. It's fairly simple to get. Depending on time/timezone, I can play with you if that would help.

"And you know nothing about containment! You have demonstrated a complete disregard to even the most basic protocols!"
Lax security when it comes to rapidly spreadable Aliens seems to be painfully commonplace.

I watched the movie Soldier last night. All I could think about was Chief and Halo for some damn reason lol. And the "new" version Soldiers in that movie reminded me of Spartan-IV's etc. I'd seen the movie many times before, but I kept drawing parallels this time.
Kurt Russel's eyeball acting is unparalleled.

willow ve

No need to boost. Just throw the ball into the goal 3 times. Easy. Don't bother trying to run in for a score.

Dub117

Damn, never thought of this before, but you are right!

Also. S-IIs vs S-IVs in H5 please. Something something Halsey. Thanks.

Damn, never thought of this before, but you are right!

Also. S-IIs vs S-IVs in H5 please. Something something Halsey. Thanks.
Halo 4 unnecessarily added new Spartans into the fiction IMO; an abundance of them no less.. an abundance of dude bros and dude chick (Palmer).

Why Bungie and 343 didn't want to explore the relationship between S-II's and the rest of the UNSC in the actual games is beyond me..

Hey, thats the movie I was searching !!

I looks like it could be a story arc for the incoming Halos

Woorloog

Banned
For all complaints about dudebro Spartan-IVs, i have to note that marines in Halo CE, 2 and 3 are quite... unprofessional too. Of course, they're not supersoldiers, i get that supersoldiers acting in dudebro manner is more annoying.

(And the Noble team is another matter. One can't drive and the rest insist armor locking when they see an enemy)

For all complaints about dudebro Spartan-IVs, i have to note that marines in Halo CE, 2 and 3 are quite... unprofessional too. Of course, they're not supersoldiers, i get that supersoldiers acting in dudebro manner is more annoying.

(And the Noble team is another matter. One can't drive and the rest insist armor locking when they see an enemy)
It seemed like Bungie intended Halo to be slightly comical in a "serious conflict," similar to Starship Troopers. 343 kept advertising Halo 4 as more "sophisticated" and serious-toned, yet littered us with comments of eggheads and gave us Spartan dude bros.

Woorloog

Banned
It seemed like Bungie intended Halo to be slightly comical in a "serious conflict," similar to Starship Troopers. 343 kept advertising Halo 4 as more "sophisticated" and serious-toned, yet littered us with comments of eggheads and gave us Spartan dude bros.

I reckon a lot of the Halo CE (and thus subsequent) Marine mannerisms come from Aliens, considering how much influence it has on Halo.
EDIT: individual things: Marine armors (and the holo-display on their helmets), assault rifle (high capacity rapid fire weapon, originally was to have 'nade launcher), Pelican dropship, Elite head/helmet (and Elite councilor helmets in Halo 2), the Flood (partially)... eh, anything else? These what i can think off-hand.

Dub117

Halo 4 unnecessarily added new Spartans into the fiction IMO; an abundance of them no less.. an abundance of dude bros and dude chick (Palmer).

Why Bungie and 343 didn't want to explore the relationship between S-II's and the rest of the UNSC in the actual games is beyond me..
I completely agree with wanting to see more spartan II interaction appearances etc. Just thinking with the current timeline it would be cool for a sII vs sIV standoff over Halsey or something. I haven't read Mortal Dictata yet though, so I'm not super current on Halsey's situation.

CyReN

Palmer was suppose to be 343i "Sergeant Johnson" from my guess, it backfired horribly for a lot of fans. I wouldn't mind the opening sequence of Halo 5 being Palmer getting "Katted" and the Chief is off to investigate on the sands of future whatever to shake the guys hand.

Do note I haven't read the comics or finished Spartan Assault so I have no idea if she got better but I dislike the character highly.

Tzeentch

-- The "Spartan-III's" from Reach did that to some extent. Although you could be forgiven for not assuming they were Spartan-II's as they are identical in all respects as presented.
Palmer was suppose to be 343i "Sergeant Johnson" from my guess, it backfired horribly for a lot of fans.
-- They just need a badass action sequence and she'll be redeemed for many/most people. Look at Raiden.

u4iX

Palmer was suppose to be 343i "Sergeant Johnson" from my guess, it backfired horribly for a lot of fans. I wouldn't mind the opening sequence of Halo 5 being Palmer getting "Katted" and the Chief is off to investigate on the sands of future whatever to shake the guys hand.

Do note I haven't read the comics or finished Spartan Assault so I have no idea if she got better but I dislike the character highly.

"Dear Humanity... We regret being alien bastards. We regret coming to Earth. And we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy-ass fleet!" - Sergeant Johnson

"Eggheads!" - Commander Palmer

Top Bottom