• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Imagine if its revealed at E3

Xbox briefing about to end. All of a sudden you see Phil Spencer (or better yet Peter Moore if he'd be cool with it) run onto the stage "OH WAIT there's something we forgot to show you."

Camera zooms in on his arm. He lifts his sleeve. And theres is a tatoo of the Halo 2 Anniversary Logo November 2014.

"Enjoy"

Cue trailer of H2 Anni
Halo 2 HD would be such a bad "OH, AND ONE MORE THING" moment, since it's so expected. :p

Halo will be a center piece, and be in the middle. Along with a first look at the Halo TV series I bet.

E3 will probably bring me back into this thread more.

If there is any reason I'm stoked for H2A, it's just having more (well, at least shinier) Arbiter.

Omni

I honestly won't care one way or another. I <3 Halo 2's campaign so much that as long as they don't royally screw it up with Halo 4's shitty, shitty redesigned assets then I'll be happy.

Seriously 343i. If I see any of this crap in Halo 2 Anniversary
H4hd_30.jpg

Then I will boycott it and buy a PS4 instead. There are other examples but these are the two that stick out in my mind. For the love of god, if you're recycling assets (which is extremely likely), use Reach's!

TheOddOne

change their desktop wallpapers to a risqué picture of 1990s David Hasselhoff.
ibrHSOceDbGa57.gif

The best part, however, was walking over to their desks and seeing that there was an actual show dedicated to my every day work. I couldn’t make this up. I give you: The BRAVO-CAM.

I am not sure how long the show lasted (I am told weeks, and that advertisers were lining up left and right), but it is now off the air.
ibrHSOceDbGa57.gif

Omni

I honestly think MS is blowing their Halo load far too soon

what happens if Halo 5 is a flop? They'll have nothing to fall back on

"...won't have Master Chief as its main star. It will, however, follow a cybernetically-enhanced super-soldier."

Palmer confirmed. RIP

I honestly won't care one way or another. I <3 Halo 2's campaign so much that as long as they don't royally screw it up with Halo 4's shitty, shitty redesigned assets then I'll be happy.

Seriously 343i. If I see any of this crap in Halo 2 Anniversary

Then I will boycott it and buy a PS4 instead. There are other examples but these are the two that stick out in my mind. For the love of god, if you're recycling assets (which is extremely likely), use Reach's!

I can't wait to see us have to sympathize with the Arbiter when he's using the Gears of War club-foot Elite model from Halo 4.

Now imagine a Stephen King Halo story.

It's set in Maine. It involves an artist of some sort caught outside of their element and forced into doing something they otherwise wouldn't. There are 1-2 absolutely amazing characters and some creepy enemies. A very promising story with lots and lots of build up towards something amazing.

And then it shits on itself and collapses under its own weight, bringing out a very lackluster ending.

Almost all of that reminds me of Halo 2. Coincidence? I think not.

But for real doe, I think a Flood related story from King would be a lot of fun. He writes short stories often enough but I don't think he's ever done anything licensed. I wonder if 343 could somehow throw money bags at him to write one for Evolutions 2.

Nebula

Isn't it painful? We can bond through this pain though, sorry I gave you so much shit before, you know what's up.

You'll hate me for saying this, but the most painful thing about it for me is the lack of mongooses. No no-scoping off the back, no catching snipers in scope totally unaware and splattering them. Makes me sad because there is a lot of potential in a gametype like that.

Still sucks from a normal perspective.

No need to apologize :).

willow ve

Guys. H2A is going to be campaign + a map pack and playlist for Halo 4. Be serious. They can't divide the playerbase.

Think about it.

Sarcasm? Now all of a sudden people assume something like that happens just because it happened once...

He was joking, I'm sure, but was your post sarcastic lol? That has been the common "thing" that Halo fans do since the beginning of time: to judge something in the future based on its one application in the past.

For example, Promethean Vision - cool ass addition, but terrible as an AA to spawn with. How do Halo fans feel about it? Throw it into the sun like Requiem, never to exist in any form. My opinion? Change it to a Power-up and keep it in the game.

EDIT:
Halo standalone multiplayer combining the best aspects of the original trilogy into one focused experience packaged with H2A Campaign confirmed.

v Well damn.. maybe he wasn't joking ;b

willow ve

You guys have short memories. CEA gave us modified (updated!) maps and no ability to LAN. Why do you think all of a sudden this time around is drastically different?

Just as a note, all the arguments you're making are quite honestly verbatim to what we all said before CEA. But we know how that turned out.

wwm0nkey

You guys have short memories. CEA gave us modified (updated!) maps and no ability to LAN. Why do you think all of a sudden this time around is drastically different?

Just as a note, all the arguments you're making are quite honestly verbatim to what we all said before CEA. But we know how that turned out.

There is a difference in when CEA came out and H2A's situation. Halo 2 MP is going to be in.

Difference is H2A is on Xbox One and H4 is on 360. Halo 2 was XBL ready. CE was not.

If we don't get multiplayer remade I'm not going even buy it lol

wwm0nkey

I thought they took out CE servers a while ago? I wonder if private servers will be held. Either way if that rumor of steam release is true then it will live on there.

Halo CE on Steam with Steamworks networking would be a dream, a dream too good to come true

Please 343 just do it!

Phil said if Halo 2 was to happen on xbox one that it would need to stay true to what made it,and he went on talking about the multiplayer.

The Halo trilogy on Steam would ruin my life. Seriously.
I've seen you posting in the Smash thread and I've always loved your avatar! Glad to see you're into Halo too :B

I too would be ecstatic for a trilogy release on Steam.
Phil said if Halo 2 was to happen on xbox one that it would need to stay true to what made it,and he went on talking about the multiplayer.
Yeah while unintentionally hurting the people who were disappointed with CEA lacking multiplayer.. but that's beside the point. Who really cares about CE anyway? Me, BigShow (RIP), a few others?

We're nobodies.. UNKNOWNS, if you will.

I've seen you posting in the Smash thread and I've always loved your avatar! Glad to see you're into Halo too :B

I too would be ecstatic for a trilogy release on Steam.

Yeah while unintentionally hurting the people who were disappointed with CEA lacking multiplayer.. but that's beside the point. Who really cares about CE anyway? Me, BigShow (RIP), a few others?

We're nobodies.. UNKNOWNS, if you will.

Hey! Halo is was my favorite series and I always wanted to be a part of this community. Halo 4 kind of soiled my interest, but with 2A around the corner... I'm stoked!

Also, I love CE. Had some amazing times playing with my family over a decade ago, and I was extremely pissed how they handled Anniversary's multi-player.

Booties

Banned
Yeah, CEA being tied to reach multiplayer was a bummer. They didn't want to compete with themselves I guess. Actually, they were probably spread too thin working on halo 4's exciting new war games

Yeah, CEA being tied to reach multiplayer was a bummer. They didn't want to compete with themselves I guess. Actually, they were probably spread too thin working on halo 4's exciting new war games

Not to mention the ground breaking new spartan ops thats totally like a TV show!

Top Bottom