• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Devo was right. BTS is just idiots no scoping each other until someone from a distance takes one of them out. Also you get the idiots who just try and sprint double melee since you don't have anything to effectively slow them down. Do not like.

Isn't it painful? We can bond through this pain though, sorry I gave you so much shit before, you know what's up.

FyreWulff

Well now we know what happened to Cortana at the end of Halo 4. She split up and integrated herself into everyone's Windows 8 Phones(tm) from Microsoft(r)

Chettlar

Banned
I hate how something as cool as this is exclusive to something so shitty.. Can't tell you how many people I know with Windows Phones that they can't wait to get rid of.

Really? Most of the people I know who have them say they like them. *shrug*

That is, if you're talking about the newest version. The older ones are pretty much abysmal.

Mistel

Banned
To be fair the only windows phone I've seen is in a shop so read into that what you will. I'm too clumsy I'd have dropped it within a day so I've just got something a bit less expensive.

Tawpgun

I had a windows phone and didn't like it. The UI and everything was really good the thing just has very little app support. I think its better now but eh..

Chettlar

Banned
I had a windows phone and didn't like it. The UI and everything was really good the thing just has very little app support. I think its better now but eh..

When did you have it? If it was even two years ago, that recently was still pretty bad.

And ehh, about apps. It still has hundreds of them. All the people I've talked to said there's still more than they can use, just less of more than they can use than iOS or Android.

Just heard about the cortana voice thing on the radio, just as I was reading it on gaf. wow haha.

To bad I don't really care for phones.

Tawpgun

When did you have it? If it was even two years ago, that recently was still pretty bad.

And ehh, about apps. It still has hundreds of them. All the people I've talked to said there's still more than they can use, just less of more than they can use than iOS or Android.

I think I switched to Iphone about a year ago. I was just sick of all my friends doing these fun things on this app or playing this game, etc etc.

When my windows phone starting acting up/breaking I upgraded to Iphone, pretty happy with it except I miss the WP better battery life.

Chettlar

Banned
I think I switched to Iphone about a year ago. I was just sick of all my friends doing these fun things on this app or playing this game, etc etc.

When my windows phone starting acting up/breaking I upgraded to Iphone, pretty happy with it except I miss the WP better battery life.

Yeah, that'll do it. People make more things for a platform/more people buy it/more stuff is made for it/more people buy it/etc.

If only MS could get that ball rolling.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, that'll do it. People make more things for a platform/more people buy it/more stuff is made for it/more people buy it/etc.

If only MS could get that ball rolling.

They're making licensing Windows OS on portable devices free, so I imagine they've basically done all they can at this point and it's up to device makers to get pissed off by Google becoming increasingly closed now.

On topic, I was playing around with Forge Island and was disappointed that though you can forge inside the islands, there's not really that much room for a playspace. It's a cool space though, with the dark surroundings.

In another thread, I asked Stinkles what would happen if he asked Cortana about Halo 2 Anniversary and he came back with this.

Good one Stinkles, good one.

image.php

willow ve

Squad DLC. Good luck convincing anyone to buy that shit you called the Crimson Map Pack. We got our two weeks of that for free and NO ONE wants that again.

Me?

No. Halo hasn't had it's swan song yet in my opinion.

No 3 is probably the swan song 2 is more rite of spring I think. Well ballet is better than four is.
That's not what a swan song is, though. In this context, it refers to the final effort. That's why Bungie kept referring to Reach as their swan song to Halo; by definition, that's exactly what it was. It has absolutely nothing to do with quality.

Fuchsdh

They're forged in Abandon I think? Not super sure. I think they still could have been baked-in fairly last minute on Solace (though non last-last minute), perhaps to avoid framerate issues with forged objects across the long sightlines. It still might have been easier to throw some existing crate designs in there rather than alter the base Forerunner geometry.

I don't know if it would actually play better (probably would for BR's, I'm guessing the DMR-dominated release game made the cover necessary). But I'm just speculating. It does really seem like they had a bad base design and tried to save it by adding more cover rather than going back to the base design for whatever reason.

I'd have to check on Abandon some time.

As to frame rate, I'm not exactly sure where all the performance issues with Forged maps come from. Is it really just intersecting geometry? Or just having to draw, say, 6 faces of a cube when you could do with just one in a dev map?

Tawpgun

Imagine if its revealed at E3

Xbox briefing about to end. All of a sudden you see Phil Spencer (or better yet Peter Moore if he'd be cool with it) run onto the stage "OH WAIT there's something we forgot to show you."

Camera zooms in on his arm. He lifts his sleeve. And theres is a tatoo of the Halo 2 Anniversary Logo November 2014.

"Enjoy"

Cue trailer of H2 Anni

Imagine if its revealed at E3

Xbox briefing about to end. All of a sudden you see Phil Spencer (or better yet Peter Moore if he'd be cool with it) run onto the stage "OH WAIT there's something we forgot to show you."

Camera zooms in on his arm. He lifts his sleeve. And theres is a tatoo of the Halo 2 Anniversary Logo November 2014.

"Enjoy"

Cue trailer of H2 Anni
i dont see it being the last game.doesnt make sense.

Top Bottom