• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Omni

There's a map in the game with a wraith? I don't even know the name of the map pack that is.

I'm not sure why the trait zone is set up like that unless it's to prevent regen fields from being used.
I think it's called Outcast

and I swear you can just step outside of the hill, deploy your regen and it'll spawn over into the boundary haha

Ugh, my hopes for Destiny offering any semblance of a strategic shooter are dwindling. Got one of my questions answered in a Bungie weekly update about changing weapons and abilities mid-match. Just like every fucking shooter nowadays, you can. Total shit. At least the game still looks really fun and interesting, but it certainly won't satisfy my thirst for a good multi-player shooter.

Please, 343i. PLEASE GOD give me something good with Halo 5.

Omni

Those feels when you forget that your mic is still turned on and you start singing "All the small things" by Blink 182 in a lobby...

Anyone still playing? I might play some Halo soon

Ugh, my hopes for Destiny offering any semblance of a strategic shooter are dwindling. Got one of my questions answered in a Bungie weekly update about changing weapons and abilities mid-match. Just like every fucking shooter nowadays, you can. Total shit. At least the game still looks really fun and interesting, but it certainly won't satisfy my thirst for a good multi-player shooter.

You really expected Destiny to be a strategic shooter? I didnt, i saw it had ADS and classes,its all i needed to know so i am not surprised.

You really expected Destiny to be a strategic shooter? I didnt, i saw it had ADS and classes,its all i needed to know so i am not surprised.

I guess I didn't expect it, but I had hopes deep down inside. Hell, classes could still kind of work in strategic play, but not when you can edit them in the middle of a round.

ExpBountyHunter Will we have preset load outs that we can switch to when not in combat?
Was that your question?
Yeah at this point I don't really see destiny having a healthy competitive side.

Anyone on Halo 4?

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member

Destiny will sell well, because of Bungie. I think most Halo players that dislike Halo 4, will be even more disappointed with Destiny. That's why it pains me to see so many people on the Destiny hype train. Good thing I'm buying it for the story/co-op aspect. I have a strong feeling the MP is going to be sub-par.

Madness

One of the questions asked in a Bungie weekly update, Deej answered with the ability to go invisible and strike with some kind of sword. So I'm guessing active camo and energy swords still are relevant in a sense to Destiny. There's no way they would make it and not add it to multiplayer.

"SpikeyDemon: Is there an element of a stealth system in the game?

If we told you that you could render yourself invisible and strike with a blade sheathed in the Traveler’s Light, would that be stealthy enough for you?
"

Playing DLC playlist boosting achievements, Message XBLYourExwife or Prinz Eugn, have 7 already.

Which kind of achievements? I need a few Castle ones I wasn't able to legitimately get, along with a lot of Majestic ones because I didn't have the maps until after the playlist was gone.

One of the questions asked in a Bungie weekly update, Deej answered with the ability to go invisible and strike with some kind of sword. So I'm guessing active camo and energy swords still are relevant in a sense to Destiny. There's no way they would make it and not add it to multiplayer.

"SpikeyDemon: Is there an element of a stealth system in the game?

If we told you that you could render yourself invisible and strike with a blade sheathed in the Traveler’s Light, would that be stealthy enough for you?
"

Which kind of achievements? I need a few Castle ones I wasn't able to legitimately get, along with a lot of Majestic ones because I didn't have the maps until after the playlist was gone.

It's Squad DLC so, Crimson, Castle, and Bullseye. Don't think everyone has Bullseye though. EDIT: I'm off, MSG XBLYourExWife

Omni

Must have got at least 15 achievements tonight... shame about some of them not working but on the plus side
vlh5.png

I finally got that stupid partner achievement to the 27 gamerscore one. Thanks guys

Nebula

Looks like i'm jumping into Squad DLC when I get home.

My first experience in Squad DLC:
- Search for about 5 minutes for one game
- Get a Heavy Variant
- No one can load this variant
- People have backed out leaving it a 2 v 2
- Map still hasn't loaded and it refuses to change it to another map
- 2 more guys backed out after 10 minutes and I had to sign out to be able to leave the lobby

Sweet!

The frames. I can count them on one hand. Seriously this is pure crap. Every game has been yellow bar as well.

Booties

Banned
Is Majestic not required for the DLC playlist?

Jesus Christ. I just tried using the halo website. Can't find shit on there.

Nowise10

Destiny will sell well, because of Bungie. I think most Halo players that dislike Halo 4, will be even more disappointed with Destiny. That's why it pains me to see so many people on the Destiny hype train. Good thing I'm buying it for the story/co-op aspect. I have a strong feeling the MP is going to be sub-par.

People expected a good Halo game when they bought Halo 4. Maybe people aren't expect Halo when they buy Destiny? Considering they are nowhere near the same games?

Omni

People expected a good Halo game when they bought Halo 4. Maybe people aren't expect Halo when they buy Destiny? Considering they are nowhere near the same games?

Probably not so much the case here, but on other forums I've certainly seen my share of people that actually believe this

No one should go into Destiny expecting a Halo game. They should go into Destiny expecting something at least on par with Halo in terms of overall quality however.

Yeah, I was one of the guys hoping Destiny would have some of Halo's core elements in the competitive multiplayer. I'm not sure what I was thinking...

I'm guessing if 2A is good you guys will be jumping on that? Destiny too? I need some friends to play with but I might only be getting a PS4.

Mistel

Banned
The frames. I can count them on one hand. Seriously this is pure crap. Every game has been yellow bar as well.
It's that bad? Frame drops and failures to launch a gametype that is not enjoyable at all really. I might pop on an try it later I might actually play so dlc maps for once.

Yeah, I was one of the guys hoping Destiny would have some of Halo's core elements in the competitive multiplayer. I'm not sure what I was thinking...

I'm guessing if 2A is good you guys will be jumping on that? Destiny too? I need some friends to play with but I might only be getting a PS4.
For me:
  1. Titanfall
  2. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
  3. Mario Kart 8
  4. Destiny
  5. Halo 2 Anniversary
  6. Smash for Wii U
  7. Smash 64
My multiplayer gaming this year is rock solid.

EDIT:
Very very nice! I'm up for all of those. :D How is Smash 64 done online?
I play it online through an emulator + Kaillera. If you're interested in playing, shoot me a PM and I'll provide links on setting it up. Teams in that game are insanely fun lol

Nirvana

Anyone think they'll have multiplayer aspects to Halo 2A? Not sure what they would do, since they don't want to split their player base I'm guessing. Overall I'd be happy with just the campaign to be honest, but multiplayer would be amazing.

Anyone think they'll have multiplayer aspects to Halo 2A? Not sure what they would do, since they don't want to split their player base I'm guessing. Overall I'd be happy with just the campaign to be honest, but multiplayer would be amazing.

Didn't Phil Spencer mention the hypothetical Halo 2A would need multiplayer since that's what it's known for?

For me:
  1. Titanfall
  2. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
  3. Mario Kart 8
  4. Destiny
  5. Halo 2 Anniversary
  6. Smash for Wii U
  7. Smash 64
My multiplayer gaming this year is rock solid.

EDIT:
I play it online through an emulator + Kaillera. If you're interested in playing, shoot me a PM and I'll provide links on setting it up. Team in that game are insanely fun lol

no killer instinct? smh

in regards to Destiny, I don't know what to tell people who expect Destiny to play like Halo. If Bungie wanted to keep making Halo they would have stayed with Bungie. The game will play differently and until we actually see the game in motion, who knows how it will play? Wait until we see the full picture.

I'm sure at this point they would be more interested in getting a player base on the X1. Halo 4 doesnt much of a population to uphold, it's last gen now anyway.

no killer instinct? smh

in regards to Destiny, I don't know what to tell people who expect Destiny to play like Halo. If Bungie wanted to keep making Halo they would have stayed with Bungie. The game will play differently and until we actually see the game in motion, who knows how it will play? Wait until we see the full picture.
Oh that's right! I was going to dive back in with Fulgore, but I guess I didn't mention it because idk what's going to happen with Season 2 now.. Hopefully it still gets released this year.
I'm interested!
Check PM's.

Got all the Castle Achieves except Ashes to Ashes/6 Forerunner Kills. It's definitely glitched for me. Tried deleting and re-dling all the DLC and deleted my profile and recovered it, nothing. I got 9 on Outcast in one match alone, and it still didn't popped.

Also anyone looking for Vertigo, it came up a few times in Squad DLC.

Strategic gameplay will be there for sure, in low level character zones then it will be thrown to the trash when you get an overpowered weapon and the rest of the game will a joke.

Destiny will be hilarious when gringing people will go against people with short time to play.

I have seen a ton of people say something akin to "Oh I don't need Halo I've got Destiny!"

But I think they're just in denial really. I'll get Destiny regardless but I am in no way expecting a game similar to Halo. In fact Destiny seems even more dissimilar to Halo than COD.

Kibbles

This. I don't know why people are thinking it'll be a more arena style shooter like the old Halos. I'm interested and excited to try out the game but never understood the hype for the MP.

I have seen a ton of people say something akin to "Oh I don't need Halo I've got Destiny!"

Destiny might replace Halo in the sense that it's your goto multiplayer game, but it's not going to replace Halo because it has the same gameplay. Having the mentality "Bungie is making it so it must play like Halo!" will only leave you disappointed.

I'm expecting Destiny to be fun and not filled with superfluous bullshit, and that's all I want. If Bungie can deliver that I will be more than happy.

This. I don't know why people are thinking it'll be a more arena style shooter like the old Halos. I'm interested and excited to try out the game but never understood the hype for the MP.

It won't be arena but it doesn't mean it won't have a high skill ceiling.

daedalius

I can't wait for Destinylands, should be awesome. Multiplayer will probably be about as strategic as titanfall.

Also got into the Heroes of the Storm alpha, pretty awesome. Dat fan art

Where do I get my true arena shooter fix for this gen then? We all know Halo 5 won't be it.

Quake Live

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member

But I think they're just in denial really. I'll get Destiny regardless but I am in no way expecting a game similar to Halo. In fact Destiny seems even more dissimilar to Halo than COD.

This is pretty much what I'm getting at. I don't really expect to enjoy Destiny's mp, but I've seen a ton that make a comment about Halo and then talk about Destiny being the new Halo. The same people that constantly complain about things in Halo that are 100% confirmed in Destiny.

Top Bottom