• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Juan

This is pretty much what I'm getting at. I don't really expect to enjoy Destiny's mp, but I've seen a ton that make a comment about Halo and then talk about Destiny being the new Halo. The same people that constantly complain about things in Halo that are 100% confirmed in Destiny.

I enjoyed both Halo and CoD (at least Black Ops II since it's the only CoD I have played and appreciated (not a huge fan of Ghost)), so I think I will like Destiny.

Not because it will be a new Halo in term of gameplay, but because it will, I think, add a Halo touch to a CoD gameplay, with RPG element.

Destiny seems to be a mix between an actual shooter and old style arena shooter like Halo was (and still be in a certain way with Halo 4). Since I learn pvp with be up to 12 players max, 6 vs 6, and Guardians have both heath and sort-of shield, I could imagine the matchamking will be a mix of Halo and CoD, and you could easily recreate the Halo gameplay in custom games, adding shield powerup, limite weapon use, etc...

jelly

Loot is one aspect of Destiny that puts me off but the game is still a bit of a mystery. I need to see lots of game play demonstrations.

FyreWulff

K7qwQ.jpg

Did we ever find out what the Disney tech was?

Played an excellent game of CTF on a really nice Narrows remake.

Also someone has a Sanc remake on Ravine that's really nice, blue base uses the waterfalls. Which reminds me, waterfalls for Halo 5 Forge?

Sorry to drag this up but what was the name of the map if you still have it.

Booties

Banned
good luck :'(

This shit sucks. My first game was in a lobby with two guys with 3 guests each, but my mic wouldn't work. I did get the turret achievement though. Since then I paired up with this kid who is an absolute moron who won't stop bitching and being awful in general

I enjoyed both Halo and CoD (at least Black Ops II since it's the only CoD I have played and appreciated (not a huge fan of Ghost)), so I think I will like Destiny.

Not because it will be a new Halo in term of gameplay, but because it will, I think, add a Halo touch to a CoD gameplay, with RPG element.

Destiny seems to be a mix between an actual shooter and old style arena shooter like Halo was (and still be in a certain way with Halo 4). Since I learn pvp with be up to 12 players max, 6 vs 6, and Guardians have both heath and sort-of shield, I could imagine the matchamking will be a mix of Halo and CoD, and you could easily recreate the Halo gameplay in custom games, adding shield powerup, limite weapon use, etc...

I don't how it is. From the information I see and heard the only thing that is like halo is that there are special ammo on maps you have to pick up for your special weapon you always spawn with and a few minor things. In multiplayer you spawn with 3 weapons , there are 3 classes with powers that deal damage to players, there are dynamic maps, you can bring your own gear from single player to mp, sprint , ADs , and revive downed teammates.

You want an arena shooter but you don't like Quake?

Wat?

An arena shooter is a shooter that occurs in an arena. Nowhere in the definition are Quake's features in particular mandatory for it. I'm sure a lot of people nowadays wouldn't be down with the predominantly human, Doom-esque art style + weapon set and even more probably wouldn't click with such fast movement speeds. People nowadays throw up if they watch the Mirror's Edge 2 E3 trailer for too long. We got weak, man. It's like calling someone out for being weird for wanting a JRPG with not-quite-turn-based moves but not wanting another OG Final Fantasy.

This shit sucks. My first game was in a lobby with two guys with 3 guests each, but my mic wouldn't work. I did get the turret achievement though. Since then I paired up with this kid who is an absolute moron who won't stop bitching and being awful in general
Don't even get me started on the bullshit from last night. Suffice to say we had a full party of twelve people and were organized but apparently for like 6 months the game has been glitched where some of the achievements won't unlock for some people. At least one was glitched for every one of us. Just another 343 innovation that will probably never get fixed.

Really cool when the game glitches so you can't change loadout or doesn't accept (y) and actually have to press start and select next loadout. That's a first.

Nirvana

With Call of Duty kind of falling away and Titanfall becoming incredibly popular, I think I have a slightly more positive perspective on what Halo 5 might be.

I say that because I feel like Titanfall has its roots more in the arcade shooters, with the big double jumps and fast pace, rather than the now stale COD format. Maybe we will see the return of the arcade shooter and the return of Halo to its glory years.

Probably not though...

wwm0nkey

Yea I like UT better as well.

Really wish they'd bring out a new one of those...

We can only hope for CliffyB's new game to be like it.

On a random note, a Z.O.E styled Arena shooter which focuses on a limited thrust mechanic and map flow would be pretty rad

Nebula

I've got a video from yesterday showing the extent of the fram rate issues in squad DLC. I'm going to guess that the bad host played a part in how bad it got. I'll post it in about 4 hours.

Mistel

Banned
I've got a video from yesterday showing the extent of the fram rate issues in squad DLC. I'm going to guess that the bad host played a part in how bad it got. I'll post it in about 4 hours.
It's like PowerPoint frame rate isn't it? It can't be worse than that surely.

Booties

Banned
Don't even get me started on the bullshit from last night. Suffice to say we had a full party of twelve people and were organized but apparently for like 6 months the game has been glitched where some of the achievements won't unlock for some people. At least one was glitched for every one of us. Just another 343 innovation that will probably never get fixed.

HUH! That's funny because the pubby I played with kept whining that the 20 kills with a detached machine gun turret achievement wouldn't unlocked. He got 24 in one game too. I told him to try deleting and redownloading the content, but who knows if that will work. I'll bet this is some problem associated with the botched release of the Crimson Map Pack.

Chettlar

Banned
So my experience with Halo 4 has been almost entirely using copies borrowed from friends, and I'd really like to own it for myself. I want the entire game (all the map packs at least), so what is the cheapest way to do that?

• Physical: Amazon has the GOTY version for $33. If I get it from best buy, gamestop, it's $40. Online at Walmart, it's $35, but I don't know about in-store. If anybody knows of a cheaper way to get the GOTY version, let me know. Also, does this version have all 4 map packs including Champions bundle?
  • Digital: This is what I mainly had a question about. The game is by default $30, with each DLC being $10, making the entire game $70. However, I thought I heard of some sort of pack you could buy that came with all the DLC for like $20 or something. Can't remember. Is there nothing like that? Other than sales of course, is there no way to get all the map content and game for less than $70 digitally?
Thanks for your help. This is kinda sorta pressingish.

EDIT: wait, so I can get the maps in the champions bundle by getting the bullseye pack? I'm confused. So why does the champions bundle cost $4 more? Just skins? Do I HAVE to get the champions bundle to get the This is a bad idea why would they invest in 4 radically different games when they could just sell them to you one at a time. Also its hard enough making a good arena fighter it will take more resources than its worth to do more than 1 game type. jack of all trades garbage at all of them.[/QUOTE]

I explained in the post. It's not a jack of all trades game. It just has for different party modes.

The point of having so much content is to set it apart from other games and be more than just a SSB clone."]achievements
(talking about the ones at the bottom under "Champions bundle")?

Is it like this for the other bundles, like the crimson and stuff? Like I can get the maps and thus have access to the achievements by buying a cheaper version?

Somebody help me with this.

The Flash

Banned
Game Informer's Kyle Hilliard has interesting thoughts on Halo 2

With the looming shutdown of Resistance’s online servers it begs the question: are there any games you still wish were online?

Every now an then I get a little sad knowing I’ll never be able to hop on Xbox Live to play Halo 2 again. In my history of online multiplayer games, Halo 2 was the game I probably played the most. At the time when the servers went down, I hadn’t played in years, but there was a comfort in knowing I still had the option.

I don’t want to see Halo 2 come back online permanently, or even for an extended period of time. What I would like is just a planned weekend or few days where the servers would be flipped back online. I want to play a game or seven, just for the nostalgia.

379ch.gif

Booties

Banned
So my experience with Halo 4 has been almost entirely using copies borrowed from friends, and I'd really like to own it for myself. I want the entire game (all the map packs at least), so what is the cheapest way to do that?

• Physical: Amazon has the GOTY version for $33. If I get it from best buy, gamestop, it's $40. Online at Walmart, it's $35, but I don't know about in-store. If anybody knows of a cheaper way to get the GOTY version, let me know. Also, does this version have all 4 map packs including Champions bundle?
  • Digital: This is what I mainly had a question about. The game is by default $30, with each DLC being $10, making the entire game $70. However, I thought I heard of some sort of pack you could buy that came with all the DLC for like $20 or something. Can't remember. Is there nothing like that? Other than sales of course, is there no way to get all the map content and game for less than $70 digitally?
Thanks for your help. This is kinda sorta pressingish.

EDIT: wait, so I can get the maps in the champions bundle by getting the bullseye pack? I'm confused. So why does the champions bundle cost $4 more? Just skins? Do I HAVE to get the champions bundle to get the achievements (talking about the ones at the bottom under "Champions bundle")?

Is it like this for the other bundles, like the crimson and stuff? Like I can get the maps and thus have access to the achievements by buying a cheaper version?

Somebody help me with this.

Why do you post so much in this thread if you only play this game by proxy?

Here, this took 2 clicks to find. Scroll down, includes all the DLC mentioned.

If you took less time to post about this game and more to actually own and play it, then maybe you would have time to google this shit on your own.

Chettlar

Banned
Why do you post so much in this thread if you only play this game by proxy?

Here, this took 2 clicks to find. Scroll down, includes all the DLC mentioned.

If you took less time to post about this game and more to actually own and play it, then maybe you would have time to google this shit on your own.

I've been playing the game quite often recently. This mainly has to do with being able to play with friends, and to do that we both need a copy (plus I feel guilty for borrowing it so much).

That answers my first question, but it doesn't answer the second one, which I was more concerned about. I've been googling, but I was a little confused.

HUH! That's funny because the pubby I played with kept whining that the 20 kills with a detached machine gun turret achievement wouldn't unlocked. He got 24 in one game too. I told him to try deleting and redownloading the content, but who knows if that will work. I'll bet this is some problem associated with the botched release of the Crimson Map Pack.

Does anyone know how they do QA/QC on achievements? Fyrewulf? Because as much as we like to complain about 4, these are legitimate "this software is actually broken" moments, not just questionable game design decisions.

Booties

Banned
Does anyone know how they do QA/QC on achievements? Fyrewulf? Because as much as we like to complain about 4, these are legitimate "this software is actually broken" moments, not just questionable game design decisions.

I have no idea. I'd chalk it up to them controlling IP they don't fully understand. I'm sure the true root cause is less superficial than that though.

wwm0nkey

So Spartan Assault has gotten interest in Halo on Steam going again it seems, so if anyone at 343 gets annoyed by requests now its all on them.

I think it was in the crimson map pack, me and a few friends wouldn't be doing anything remotely related to the achievement and we would just randomly get them.
I wasn't to fussed but it does show some aspects of the game really needed more time to be polished.

Top Bottom