• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Woorloog

Banned
Frankie pls.
E3 I'm guessing halo-wise:
- H2A reveal.
- Halo 5 trailer/tease coming 2015.
- Halo tv show trailer (possibly both the Spielberg and the smaller scaled one) in conjunction with some X1 video promo.

I figure the TV show is just a teaser at most, i got an impression they had just begun the damn project last year, and revealed it because "Xbox=Halo", not because there was anything to really say about it at the moment.
Of course, i may as well be wrong. But i won't be surprised if...
Wait, two shows? Smaller?

I figure the TV show is just a teaser at most, i got an impression they had just begun the damn project last year, and revealed it because "Xbox=Halo", not because there was anything to really say about it at the moment.
Of course, i may as well be wrong. But i won't be surprised if...
Wait, two shows? Smaller?
Of course. Halo is still a console seller, just to a smaller target audience now. It's name needs to be paraded around the X1, even if it's just in concept stage.

Two shows. Someone put up a article on it the other day
http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/seth-green-sarah-silverman-get-xbox-series-1201153367/
■ “Halo:” Microsoft has two series planned around the Xbox’s biggest game franchise. One is a big-budget “Game of Thrones”-like project that Steven Spielberg will executive produce, while the other is a more modestly budgeted series, to be produced by 343 Entertainment and Ridley Scott’s Scott Free TV in the vein of the “Halo: Forward Unto Dawn” episodes that were released around the fourth “Halo” game in 2012. Sergio Mimica-Gezzan (“Battlestar Galactica”) will direct.

Woorloog

Banned
Two shows. The other one has gone right under my radar.
Okay, i believe it might actually have something more substantial than a mere teaser but the main TV show surely won't be shown yet (seriously, they haven't announced any casting details or anything, have they? I reckon it is still in pre-production).

In any case, i'm starting to doubt existence of Halo 2 Anniversary for some reason. Probably because ntkrnl's other claims (like Halo ports for Xbone) sounded odd.
Though getting Halo 5 this year sounds odd too, MS can't go a year without a Halo game (let's be honest, last year was really a year without Halo, Spartan Assault doesn't really count).

Omni

There's always one asshole camping with a SAW and active camo...

*screams into pillow*

3 games and I'm done tonight. I swear my teammates have generally gotten worse over the last few weeks

Mabef

Banned
No by all serious means, they probably finished the part they want to show of at E3 and showed it the office
But we're talking about Halo 2 here. I'm pretty sure the demo isn't supposed to be done until it's being demoed on stage; the programmers piecing the level together just in front of Master Chief's every step.

Edit:
MiniatureGraveDog.gif

Nirvana

But we're talking about Halo 2 here. I'm pretty sure the demo isn't supposed to be done until it's being demoed on stage; the programmers piecing the level together just in front of Master Chief's every step.

I wonder if they will do something with that if they make H2A. Like, remake the demo level and make it playable somehow, as a side mission or something. That would be cool.

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
I wonder if they will do something with that if they make H2A. Like, remake the demo level and make it playable somehow, as a side mission or something. That would be cool.

If Bungie were remaking it, then i would expect something like this. I find it very unlikely though, with 343 behind the helm. It would be pretty cool though. Even if it wasn't playable, I'd still like to see it at E3, just for old times sake. :)

There's always one asshole camping with a SAW and active camo...

*screams into pillow*

3 games and I'm done tonight. I swear my teammates have generally gotten worse over the last few weeks

Play CTF. If it's laggy or your team sucks just hightail it out of there tbh.

I like the map Simplex but it gives me frame rate loss up the ass.

Frankie. Make you a deal, see.

You don't have to tell us what just happened that was so wonderful, but once you are free to tell us (come E3 or whatever), would you mind doing so to relieve our curiosity?

Cause otherwise that's just cruel and unnecessary.

Halo 4 was cruel and unneccesary, all this teasing is just good fun :p

Omni

Nope. Camo takes the cake for me. Especially when they've got snipes on Ragnarok.

Yeap. It drives me absolutely crazy

Surely someone tested this game during development. HOW DID ANYONE NOT SPEAK UP ABOUT IT. Along with jetpack it's one of the most annoying and cheap things in the damn game

Chettlar

Banned
Maybe he has been constipated all week and just passed a bowel movement.

I guess we'll never know

Nah, Josh Holmes said the same thing.

So unless the whole studio had a bunch of donuts and got food poisoning....

Maybe if we say we love it, they'll scrap it for Halo 5..?

Lol

I just hope the next Halo has invisibility like in Halo 3, both having it be as an on-map pickup (instead of loadout) AND as a thing that you always have, instead of going away when you move. Been playing Reach lately, and goshdangit do I hate that.

Like someone said before the studio probably hit an internal development milestone, hopefully a new feature more akin to Forge in H3 and Megalo in Halo Reach than H4's muh personal ordnance.

I just remebered H4 doesn't have Campaign/Spartan Ops theater mode and campaign scoring at all, I can't be the only one who feels like H4 was kinda rushed right? plus that Theater/Forge downgrade and no proper ranking and fileshare at launch...

Hopefully 343 is more familiar with their tools now.

Chettlar

Banned
Like someone said before the studio probably hit an internal development milestone, hopefully a new feature more akin to Forge in H3 and Megalo in Halo Reach than H4's muh personal ordnance.

I just remebered H4 doesn't have Campaign/Spartan Ops theater mode and campaign scoring at all, I can't be the only one who feels like H4 was kinda rushed right? plus that Theater/Forge downgrade and no proper ranking and fileshare at launch...

Hopefully 343 is more familiar with their tools now.

Well, then, I mean maybe I'm reading into it wrong, but I'd think it would be more of a calm satisfaction type thing. (ok, not "calm" you get what I mean).

The "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww yiss" implies something just happened that made them super excited. Reaching milestones don't get you "excited." Happy? Yes. But see, you expect to reach a milestone, and you can see the milestone coming all the way until you get there. Excited implies something amazing just happened that they may or may not have totally expected. As in, no way could they have see it turning out this good.

jelly

Maybe they finished the E3 demo and can now just concentrate on finishing the game for November. Devs always say they are a pain in the arse distraction.

Well, then, I mean maybe I'm reading into it way to much, but I'd think it would be more of a calm satisfaction type thing. (ok, not "calm" you get what I mean)
Fixed it.

Most annoying to least.
Armour lock/ reach jet pack > 4's camo > reachs camo > 4's jetpack > hard light shield

jelly

I want some crazy water physics and maybe we can swim or propel through water. A water vehicle would be cool or a hybrid.

Tzeentch

One of the biggest lost opportunities
-- According to Isaac Hannaford that boat was working in-game in Halo: Reach.
I think Halo PC has custom maps with boats on them though. Here's to hoping for a Steam rerelease.
-- The modded boat maps tend to be pretty ......... bad. If there is a Steam release it may be CEA, in which case you're probably SOL for custom maps.

Chettlar

Banned
I want some crazy water physics and maybe we can swim or propel through water. A water vehicle would be cool or a hybrid.

Yeah, get that water tessellation back in there again. I was under the impression that they had gotten rid of it in Reach (after it being in 3), but apparantly it's still there, it's just really low quality and is rarely really noticeable.

We need Cryengine levels of tessellation.

jelly

Yeah, get that water tessellation back in there again. I was under the impression that they had gotten rid of it in Reach (after it being in 3), but apparantly it's still there, it's just really low quality and is rarely really noticeable.

It's in Halo 4 as well, the puddles after you first get the warthog react.

Boat concept looks cool. Another level to the sandbox but perhaps limited. Three tier rush would be cool, on foot first then ground vehicles then water and air to finish it off.

FyreWulff

It's in Reach, just more aggressively LOD'd for performance reasons. Also, I think there was some adjustment for artistic reasons.. the way water acts sometimes in Valhalla looks like progammer-art waves.

What's going on?
Probabaly has something to do with the Phil Spencer meeting/thingy he's doing with his new employees.

EDIT: My fellow HaloGAF, would these shoes be too nerdy/borderline ugly? I really like them and am considering a purchase, but I don't want to look like a massive nerd at school.

etc-halo-libertysneaker-angle.jpg

Mistel

Banned
EDIT: My fellow HaloGAF, would these shoes be too nerdy/borderline ugly? I really like them and am considering a purchase, but I don't want to look like a massive nerd at school.
I don't mean to be rude but have you heard of the phrase more money than sense? This is probably what it applies to not mention their down right ugly.

I don't mean to be rude but have you heard of the phrase more money than sense? This is probably what it applies to not mention their down right ugly.

I don't think they're hideous myself. I really like the yellow laces, and I like the green padding but the black looks horrible and I don't like the yellow "Halo" text. Honestly the shoes design is so damn generic and the combination of colors clash so much and make me want to puke.

This is why I want feedback, I have bad taste in clothing when it comes to them being related to a show/game I like. :p

Pathos

Banned
Probabaly has something to do with the Phil Spencer meeting/thingy he's doing with his new employees.

etc-halo-libertysneaker-angle.jpg
0/10 would not wear. Sorry bud, but those are ugly af.

Mistel

Banned
I don't think they're hideous myself. I really like the yellow laces, and I like the green padding but the black looks horrible and I don't like the yellow "Halo" text. Honestly the shoes design is so damn generic and the combination of colors clash so much and make me want to puke.
So you don't even like them that much then yet you want to buy them and wear the around? What's wrong with a normal pair of shoes?

I have bad taste in clothing when it comes to them being related to a show/game I like. :p
Oh I can tell that...

Ah, I don't play much big team so it's less of a problem for me. I can see it being annoying on huge maps.

It's not just in big team, it shows up in CTF and they're constantly getting crap like sniper, beam or fuel rod cannon. It's just incredibly stupid, you already have the tough task of trying to ping a sniper AND they have camo too? I feel like I'm being trolled every time it happens. Just why is this in game.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Free map pack codes I (literally) had laying around.

Castle Map Pack Pre-Paid Token: VRKJK-C79PH-RW6J4-TCRGC-TTHWZ

Crimson Map Pack Pre-Paid Token: TQDV6-RXWCF-P4Y23-2Y7QX-JGGFZ

My "great day" drive-by yesterday was about the game. Graphics, particularly. I saw something unexpected. Nothing to do with framerate or res. Just experiential fidelity.

Top Bottom