• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Free map pack codes I (literally) had laying around.

Castle Map Pack Pre-Paid Token: VRKJK-C79PH-RW6J4-TCRGC-TTHWZ

Crimson Map Pack Pre-Paid Token: TQDV6-RXWCF-P4Y23-2Y7QX-JGGFZ

My "great day" drive-by yesterday was about the game. Graphics, particularly. I saw something unexpected. Nothing to do with framerate or res. Just experiential fidelity.

Gabo, QUICK!

Halo5follower is salivating right now.

Also Hannibal today. Yay.

Got into this show about a month ago and DESTROYED the first season in a few days. Love.

My "great day" drive-by yesterday was about the game. Graphics, particularly. I saw something unexpected. Nothing to do with framerate or res. Just experiential fidelity.
720p confirmed

Will wait for the 1080p version of Halo 2 HD on PS4.

Computer

Fidelity? What dose it all mean? Shit one drive by post and I am already on the hype train!

(googles E3 countdown timer).

Sounds cool, looking forward to seeing it.

Halo5follower is salivating right now.
Incoming video confirming Halo Wars 2 and a crossover between Hannibal/Halo in which Hannibal is a leading psych to a war devastated ODST who can't get back to normal life after the Human-Covenant war.

Warning may contain speculation and pyramid schemes.

Chettlar

Banned
Until stinkles tells me "Halo 2 Anniversary is not in development" I'm assuming he's talking about Halo 2 Anniversary.

I really doubt he is. I expect he's talking about Halo 5.

They don't usually push graphics to their limits on remakes. Plus, it really isn't likely that 343 is doing this one. I mean, Saber and whoever that was did an excellent job with CEA.

Plus, 343 really needs time to put effort into the next Halo. They really need to not screw this up.

Hannibal is so good I can't believe it's on broadcast TV.

hahah I said the same thing after the first couple of episodes.. Show is so graphic. And graphic is the new sexy.

They cast the perfect actor for Hannibal. I love his performance, along with Hugh Dancy's as Will.

EDIT:
It's the Majestic's maps the ones I DON'T HAVE.

Y U DO DIS FRANKIE!?
;'[ I actually thought you had them by now lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Probabaly has something to do with the Phil Spencer meeting/thingy he's doing with his new employees.

EDIT: My fellow HaloGAF, would these shoes be too nerdy/borderline ugly? I really like them and am considering a purchase, but I don't want to look like a massive nerd at school.

etc-halo-libertysneaker-angle.jpg

Buy them. Buy two pairs actually.

:p

Chettlar

Banned
Probabaly has something to do with the Phil Spencer meeting/thingy he's doing with his new employees.

EDIT: My fellow HaloGAF, would these shoes be too nerdy/borderline ugly? I really like them and am considering a purchase, but I don't want to look like a massive nerd at school.

etc-halo-libertysneaker-angle.jpg

For your own sake, I would say no. :/

Can we get another sparth concept piece soon?

Chettlar

Banned
Can we get another sparth concept piece soon?

Hey yeah, another vote for this.

Maybe say one, maybe two pieces that don't really tell us anything at all, but look great and let us get hyped.

Come on, Frankie, I know you love us endlessly analyzing the little tidbits you give us. Throw us a bone :)

So I'm still trying to get the ricochet achievement, assassinate the ball carrier within 5 meters of the goal. There has to be a way to cheat this because it's so fucking annoying.

Chettlar

Banned
So I'm still trying to get the ricochet achievement, assassinate the ball carrier within 5 meters of the goal. There has to be a way to cheat this because it's so fucking annoying.

Get a party of other players maybe? Or does that not work.

OT, but OMG GEARS OF WAR 3 IS AMAZING.

I am totally making a raving lttp when I'm through with it.

Pathos

Banned

The multiplayer is my favourite out of all the games I've played. So pumped for next gen Gears and the next Halo.

Chettlar

Banned
The multiplayer is my favourite out of all the games I've played. So pumped for next gen Gears and the next Halo.

I don't have Gold right now, so I can't comment on that. I had played the horde mode, and loved it, but I'd only played the first level in gears, and ehh, it was ok. But today I really started, y know, on a playthrough, and lord have mercy I am just into this game. I love the story already. I mean, it almost seems like it should be cheesy (especially with the Cole Train stuff), but it isn't. I'm just gulping it all down.

And it's funny because I don't even like TPS cover shooters.

Pathos

Banned
I don't have Gold right now, so I can't comment on that. I had played the horde mode, and loved it, but I'd only played the first level in gears, and ehh, it was ok. But today I really started, y know, on a playthrough, and lord have mercy I am just into this game. I love the story already. I mean, it almost seems like it should be cheesy (especially with the Cole Train stuff), but it isn't. I'm just gulping it all down.

And it's funny because I don't even like TPS cover shooters.
Yeah a lot of people turn away from Gears because it's a TPS. But yeah, campaign and horde are pretty damn awesome. You should pick up RAAM's shadow if you can.

Chettlar

Banned
Yeah a lot of people turn away from Gears because it's a TPS. But yeah, campaign and horde are pretty damn awesome. You should pick up RAAM's shadow if you can.

I would have, since the season pass is like $10 right now, but I don't get payed for at least another week and have literally no money right now.

It's frustrating because the amount on my account is literally about, oh 50 cents short of what I need. If I just had, like a dollar gift card or something. Too bad the sale goes away on the 14th, and I'll have missed it by about 50 cents. Damnit.

Omni

Was holding the ridge by myself on Settler and not even exaggerating, one guy must have tried to take it back at least 7 times by himself. He was the kind of player than runs in a straight line with an AR and tries to melee you...

I almost felt bad killing him over and over. Railgun is just too fun not to use

Here is a pro-tip Speedy: pretty much all video gaming related 'apparel' is ugly as fuck. I have yet to see an exception to this.

belushy

Banned
Not surprised that the graphics sound good, Halo 4 looked incredible for the most part. That's the least of the worries for me at this point though, need the gameplay, maps and features to be there.

H1 stream btw - http://www.twitch.tv/cujjer

Honestly what they did with H4's graphics is pretty awesome. It is pretty amazing seeing the launch 360 games, and then Halo 4 side by side. 343 definitely are technical wizards, so I'm excited to see what a Halo can look like on the One.

Nebula

Halo 4 is pretty to look at, that's a given. Shame it runs like crap though. Better off as an art piece than an actual game.

A natural gameplay evolution yet simple and fast, adding new weapons to the sandbox and improving the old ones, SO is too op? lets patch it in less than a week!!!

Weapons needs improving? Done, patch in less than a month. They even changed the layout in one of the maps to not be another Sword Base.

Top Bottom