• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

They pretty much are really unless the design is bad. Like this one. I don't exactly like that arrow much.

It's no cute design.
That looks repulsive as well. Wouldn't even wear that to someplace like PAX or ComiCon. Looks so plain.

Buy them. Buy two pairs actually.

:p
Done and done Tashi. <3 I'll be sure to wear these with my tux on my Interview this Thursday! ;D

Kid triple dipped on Titanfall.
No I didn't? I only own it on Xbox One and Xbox 360. I'll buy it on PC when it drops to $15.

Mistel

Banned
That looks repulsive as well. Wouldn't even wear that to someplace like PAX or ComiCon. Looks so plain.
A ladies T shirt is repulsive compared to those shoes?
captain-picard-ooh-girl-n1302696278213.jpg
A t shirt isn't a whole outfit, so what would you pick then?

Honestly as someone whose played FPS for a majority of my life at this point I don't care about pretty, I care about frame rate. If a console sucks at loading all the necessary polygons, textures or whatever the technical mumbo jumbo then scale it back so I can actually play it.

blamite

Halo 4's graphics are technically pretty awesome, but I kind of can't stand the aesthetics. Most of the time it looks more like Mass Effect than Halo, especially the multiplayer maps.

So today has sucked. I recently bought a Xbox One w/ TF using some money I was supposed to have saved for classes this fall. I didn't like TF and I hate being in debt so I sold it to someone for what I paid. Buying it to begin with was a mistake because I didn't really have the money but it was one of those stupid impulse buys. Anyway, I was offered a job about a month ago to help a friend's dad lay tile. He told me when he asked me to work he'd pay me $1000 out of the $2700 he was charging the guy and it would take us about a week to finish. Obviously that's good money for a week so I took the job. I decided I'd use that money when I got paid and put the amount I used for the Xbox back into school. Luckily I sold it back and got my money back for it because I got paid for the tile job today(like 3 weeks later) and I was only paid $200. Only a fifth of what I was told I'd be paid. Since I was good on the money with school after selling the X1 back. I decided I would just save some of the money I was supposed to get paid for the fall and buy a X1 when Halo comes out but that's not happening now. I'm super pissed and upset. I did most of the heavy lifting and hard work and I get barely any of the money.

What makes it worse is I've helped my friend and his dad a hundred times with all kinds of stuff and then I get ripped off and and probably my only chance of getting an Xbox One this fall now is gone. I guess the one positive thing is I was able to get the money back for the X1 I bought and I don't owe money now but it still sucks. I apologize for the off-topic rant but I'm just really frustrated right now and need to vent somewhere.

So tl;dr, you learned one of life's lessons the hard way: when dealing with money, always, always, always get it in writing beforehand.

Anyone wanna play in like 20 mins?

Chettlar

Banned
A natural gameplay evolution yet simple and fast, adding new weapons to the sandbox and improving the old ones, SO is too op? lets patch it in less than a week!!!

Weapons needs improving? Done, patch in less than a month. They even changed the layout in one of the maps to not be another Sword Base.

Indeed. How a sequel should be. They handled it marvelously.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm loving the story in Gears 3. I totally have to go back and play the other ones, and almost kind of regret I played this one before them. But hey, I had no idea how good what I was in for was.

Omni

This is the exception, this was one of my favorite shirts.

!Bv-68pwBGk~$(KGrHqV,!iUEv1+0E6H9BMG4v7QSpw~~_35.JPG
Dear god. That's awful too.

I'd honestly only ever consider wearing a gaming shirt if it had a scoop-neck. But apparently such a thing is a bit too"fancy" as I've never ever seen one. (Not a fan of logos either but they can work sometimes I guess. Definetly not here, IMO)

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
Dear god. That's awful too.

I'd honestly only ever consider wearing a gaming shirt if it had a scoop-neck. But apparently such a thing is a bit too"fancy" as I've never ever seen one. (Not a fan of logos either but they can work sometimes I guess. Definetly not here, IMO)

Scoop necks are awful, so I can clearly see why we would disagree.

It is pretty much that minus that star trek esque lens flare it's not too bad.

I always thought the insane bloom & light effects were to distract from a lot of the graphics shortcuts. Like how the Skyboxes seem to bad jpgs and many things up close and far of in the distance are really low res =( Then there is the theory that so many of the maps have a very bland color pattern for them. The whole brown thing. So many maps just have one basic color scheme and not much variation going on. I think it has to be this way in order to keep the frame rate stable. Poor 360.. I do like the way the game looks over all. Just very looking forward to xbox one Halo =)

Honestly as someone whose played FPS for a majority of my life at this point I don't care about pretty, I care about frame rate. If a console sucks at loading all the necessary polygons, textures or whatever the technical mumbo jumbo then scale it back so I can actually play it.

This is what I have always felt. I started with Nintendo and even as I become more aware of technical fidelity over the years, I did not care how great a game looks. Art style is very important though and frames =) Everything else is core game play to me. graphics are just a cherry on the sundae to me.

Omni

Scoop necks are awful, so I can clearly see why we would disagree.
"Awful"

:lol.
I just realised how off-topic this is. Sorry

ANYWAY. Halo 4. Couldn't join earlier guys 'cause I went over my monthly bandwidth cap and my ISP has slowed me down to 64kbps (real world I get half that). Pretty much impossible to play with international people. Will be fixed on Thursday

Mistel

Banned
I always thought the insane bloom & light effects were to distract from a lot of the graphics shortcuts.
They most probably are for that singular purpose of hiding what they didn't want you to see really. I can't think of another reason for them.

See that's cool. I actually think most women's gaming shirts are fine.
Most are pretty nice if you have a look around not that I wear them much really.

MEET ME IN THE MIDDLE
You couldn't even handle the tip...

Chettlar

Banned

Whoa, heeeeeeeyyy.

That makes me really, really excited, actually. See, Frankie keeps saying he's going to make sure that 60 fps is in (and he better mean a solid 60 fps by that...). And then just earlier in this thread he mentioned something awesome just happened on the graphics/technical front that they had been trying to do or whatever. So hopefully that means we get 60 fps and SUPANEXGEN PRETTY.

I'm such a sorry case. I'm jumping at everything.

"Dude everywhere you go there's a middle"

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAH. Oh my god, my sides. My sides.

Cooooome back, we reformed the team without randy. Action Sack?

You smell like Haitian sperm

But really it was just frustrating how bad I was. I know - practice and you'll get better. But it's late I'm half drunk and it's just making me mad :lol

I'll try to play with you guys more though. It was fun for the little bit of time I was doing alright.

You smell like Haitian sperm

But really it was just frustrating how bad I was. I know - practice and you'll get better. But it's late I'm half drunk and it's just making me mad :lol

I'll try to play with you guys more though. It was fun for the little bit of time I was doing alright.

Yeah, it's been a frustrating night all around... oh well, still more consistent that Titanfall!

Yeah, it's been a frustrating night all around... oh well, still more consistent that Titanfall!

Se,, I can do pretty well in titanfall. I'm a sevnth presitge and I have a 2.ii8 kd/r.

I'm better at that thn halo and I can ply it drunk. Soi t's nice.

I'd be there if I didn't have work in nine hours and no sleep.

The other day I ws up until 5ma playing titanfall an di had class at 8am. taht was aweosme

daedalius

Se,, I can do pretty well in titanfall. I'm a sevnth presitge and I have a 2.ii8 kd/r.

I'm better at that thn halo and I can ply it drunk. Soi t's nice.

The other day I ws up until 5ma playing titanfall an di had class at 8am. taht was aweosme

too bad you aren't on PC then you could play with us!

Would toggling the bugs in H2A would be good for customs and online mp?

Also, I think 343 should try doing another global championship tourney again. How awesome that Ace vs. Pistola match was...

Woorloog

Banned
Notice the detail on the visor, the final visors lack the honeycomb pattern and are merely flat colors with slight shine.
Why do betas tend to look better at times than final games do? Not always of course but...

Fuchsdh

Notice the detail on the visor, the final visors lack the honeycomb pattern and are merely flat colors with slight shine.
Why do betas tend to look better at times than final games do? Not always of course but...

Are we sure that's not fake? I doubt that stuff is actually from 2005.

Top Bottom