• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Let me start by saying that Bumper Jumpers in SWAT are using the game's built-in systems, in a perfectly legal and viable manner. They are using legitimate functionality and technique to play a very specific mode, in a very specific way.

When they do this as a team, the results are impressively one-sided. They can achieve excellent results as players from non bumper jumper teams scramble to adjust to this new aerial threat.

But let me also say this:

YOU SCUM THIS IS HALO NOT SMASH BROTHERS

This is why I hate jetpacks.

Booshka

Ugh yea thats wrong, MLG updated Halo and their versions at least 6 times in Halo 3 and Reach. Edited maps, tournaments with prize money.

N that wasnt even an exclusive deal they signed, that was just as Halo fans for Halo fans.

They didnt let users submit maps because they made their own maps which were miles ahead of anything seen in Halo, sans Simplex which was probably made by an MLG map creator. When you let users submit maps you end up with shit like Serenity with terrible framerates and maps like Craigmire in MM.

I understand you have some vendetta against MLG for some reason. However there is absolutely no way Virgin Gaming is doing a better job for Halo. Halo 4 has practically no hardcore pro gamers backing it anymore besides Ninja who basically at this point just wants to be hired by 343i and is promoting Halo for his own gain.

I agree with FyreWulff on this one, having Ghostayame head up the competitive playlist and settings is better, he is far more open and transparent with the community than Killa KC ever was. Also, Salot made most of the really good maps in MLG Halo 3 and Halo Reach, and he is still working (very hard might I add) to make good Halo 4 maps, which are in the competitive rotation.

Having Team Throwdown truly be a community playlist is much better than it being tied to a corporation with its own pace and motives. Now comparing MLG's involvement with the competitive community with Virgin Gaming is entirely different story. There is no contest, MLG actually cared about fostering competitive talent and interest in tournaments (Online and LAN). Virgin gives away a truck for players grinding in a Matchmaking playlist.

Also, I don't get the whole Fyrewulff has a vendetta angle, guy stays consistent with his desire for community support for Matchmaking sustain. He wants more emphasis to be on the community actually playing the game daily and less emphasis on whatever 343 can get to while they work on their next game or slick new trailer. Same goes for MLG, they didn't 100% focus on keeping the community piped in for testing, balancing and creating competitive content in Halo. It only got worse as time went on and Killa KC became impenetrable by the community as a whole.

Quoting myself because I got the last post treatment.

Hey all, I'm 1 or 2 sittings away from finishing the campaign, is Spartan Ops worth playing? I'd go once through for the story, mostly. I'd probably go solo or with randoms, I'm LTTP on this and my friends have all moved on

DeadNames

Banned
Hey all, I'm 1 or 2 sittings away from finishing the campaign, is Spartan Ops worth playing? I'd go once through for the story, mostly. I'd probably go solo or with randoms, I'm LTTP on this and my friends have all moved on

There is no story other than the cutscenes.

It's not worth it.

None of the missions do anything that great - it gets VERY repetitive very quickly. The story is pretty bad but lucky for you is told exclusively in the cutscenes - so if that's what you care about you can just choose to watch all of those and avoid the gameplay.

I would suggest doing a couple of the really highly regarded missions (maybe shoot out at Valhalla) and some of the later stuff is cool but you really wouldn't want to play it all.

Thanks for the responses, sounds like I'll skip it, maybe watch the story parts on youtube.

While I'm posting, my wife was watching me play the other day. I'm a very casual Halo fan and I got to a part where I was told to "get in the Mantis." Mantis? I don't remember which one that is. I went up to a Mongoose, nope. I looked at the 2 Warthogs which I know are Warthogs, nope... I decided to follow the waypoint, pressed the button, and a DAMN MECH rose out of the floor, whoa!! It was a pretty epic reveal for me since I didn't know there was a new mech in this game. Unfortunately it wasn't as absurdly powerful as I wanted it to be; I could've used either a dash or a jump and/or near invincibility like a Scorpion tank. Still awesome moment, though.

Fuchsdh

I think Spartan Ops is fine to run through on Normal because its limitations aren't as apparent when they aren't brutalizing you with enemies. I've gone through it once since the initial release and they're fine for what they are.

Thanks for the responses, sounds like I'll skip it, maybe watch the story parts on youtube.

While I'm posting, my wife was watching me play the other day. I'm a very casual Halo fan and I got to a part where I was told to "get in the Mantis." Mantis? I don't remember which one that is. I went up to a Mongoose, nope. I looked at the 2 Warthogs which I know are Warthogs, nope... I decided to follow the waypoint, pressed the button, and a DAMN MECH rose out of the floor, whoa!! It was a pretty epic reveal for me since I didn't know there was a new mech in this game. Unfortunately it wasn't as absurdly powerful as I wanted it to be; I could've used either a dash or a jump and/or near invincibility like a Scorpion tank. Still awesome moment, though.

Yeah, I kind of hope they have a secondary mech type in Halo 5. Maybe replace the turrets/missiles with something absurd like an explosive shotgun or a giant-ass mallet and replace the stomp with a decent vertical leap.

As for Spartan Ops: off the top of my head, try to do Core from Episode One, Science Mountain? and Shootout and Valhalla in Episode 3, and then start playing at Episode Six, Chapter One. "Season 1.5" (the second half of Spartan Ops) is an absolute leap in quality compared to the first half.

IHaveIce

Banned
And you are right.

Both of them have a point Fyre is right that a playlist like throwdown lead by pros like Ghostayame who tests them with pros or tournament leaders like AGL than an mlg playlist.

But MLG as tournament was of course way better than virgin gaming.

But we still have AGL and UMG, we have pros streaming almost daily and scrimming other teams and more.

Sadly I see no future for Halo tournament with the xbox one because of check ins and more

Fuchsdh

And you are right.

Both of them have a point Fyre is right that a playlist like throwdown lead by pros like Ghostayame who tests them with pros or tournament leaders like AGL than an mlg playlist.

But MLG as tournament was of course way better than virgin gaming.

But we still have AGL and UMG, we have pros streaming almost daily and scrimming other teams and more.

Sadly I see no future for Halo tournament with the xbox one because of check ins and more

In all the valid reasons why having a check-in sucks, I don't see being online one of them. A lack of LAN didn't hurt Starcraft II. With the One, assuming no cloud necessities, a LAN is still possible and only requires a momentary connection on the day of the event. Where are these going to be held without Internet? This affects casual guys with their own LANs at home far more.

Regarding the end of the post, the competitive scene is also stupid n shouldnt be allowed to make decisions n testing for mlg.

Throwdown is less popular than mlg playlists have been. Throwdown isnt AGL settings is it? N without the name attached, do people want to go pro in Throwdown or AGL ? Not really. MLG had a name with brand value built up.

Fyrewulfs vendetta is clear every tournament he makes a post attacking them. Hes against because MLG got clear advantage on updates over CC's in the past games. That's very clear. I dont know what to say about you siding with him other than you are wrong. Sorry.

He doesnt seem to understand MLG is about stability and having limited gametypes/maps compared to Halos past playlist treatment so peoplpe can practice practice and nail the games and modes. Its not about incorporating maps, they've always had a certain restriction in their playlist its not about ignoring people its about following their vision.

A vision that got destroyed simply because Halo got bad. N lost followers which hits a niche group of the games followers even harder. However if you want to rebuild you go to the backbone and start from there. MLG.

Or they can keep Virgin Gaming n have one tourney per Halo game thats poorly handled.

TCKaos

Let me start by saying that Bumper Jumpers in SWAT are using the game's built-in systems, in a perfectly legal and viable manner. They are using legitimate functionality and technique to play a very specific mode, in a very specific way.

When they do this as a team, the results are impressively one-sided. They can achieve excellent results as players from non bumper jumper teams scramble to adjust to this new aerial threat.

But let me also say this:

YOU SCUM THIS IS HALO NOT SMASH BROTHERS

W9ApF9O.gif

Have you guys considered adding a double jump functionality for the Jetpack for Bumper Jumper users? As of now I can't aim while Jetpacking with Bumper Jumper.

Dax is gonna hate me for saying this, but I want more mechs. SORRY GUNDAMS.

I could get behind this. Bring back the Missile Pod as a direct counter to them, introduce an up-armored Mantis type and a low-armored suit type like the HRUNTING/YGGDRASIL. Make the Mantis slower, with a larger silhouette, and make the HRUNTING/YGGDRASIL just larger than a normal SPARTAN-IV with a jump jet that has a ridiculously long cool-down (20+ seconds). HRUNTING/YGGDRASIL has a Rail Cannon secondary that has to be charged and led.

Regarding the end of the post, the competitive scene is also stupid n shouldnt be allowed to make decisions n testing for mlg.

Throwdown is less popular than mlg playlists have been. Throwdown isnt AGL settings is it? N without the name attached, do people want to go pro in Throwdown or AGL ? Not really. MLG had a name with brand value built up.

Fyrewulfs vendetta is clear every tournament he makes a post attacking them. Hes against because MLG got clear advantage on updates over CC's in the past games. That's very clear. I dont know what to say about you siding with him other than you are wrong. Sorry.

He doesnt seem to understand MLG is about stability and having limited gametypes/maps compared to Halos past playlist treatment so peoplpe can practice practice and nail the games and modes. Its not about incorporating maps, they've always had a certain restriction in their playlist its not about ignoring people its about following their vision.

A vision that got destroyed simply because Halo got bad. N lost followers which hits a niche group of the games followers even harder. However if you want to rebuild you go to the backbone and start from there. MLG.

Or they can keep Virgin Gaming n have one tourney per Halo game thats poorly handled.

After Reach I feel like MLG got relegated to being too barebones to work with the existing Halo sandbox in the first place. If anything I'd prefer a Pro variant by MLG and a Legendary Slayer/Throwdown variant by the Ghostayame team because they practically cover two different niches by now.

That being said, at this point in Halo 4's lifespan, you probably wouldn't see either get above 5000 on a good day.

Booshka

The fact that you don't even know that Ghostayame is working on Throwdown settings with AGL specifically in mind makes me almost not even want to bother arguing. MLG constantly got rid of maps and gametypes throughout all Halo games, they updated and adjusted and only kept a few mainstays. Ghostayame is doing the same thing with Throwdown for AGL and UMG.

Saying that settings shouldn't be tuned with the competitive community's interest at the forefront is daft and ridiculous. They are the people competing, of course they should have input, especially the high level pros that dedicate hours every day and know the game better than anyone.

MLG Halo was slowly dying ever since Halo Reach, and it became second fiddle soon after SC2 joined the circuit. MLG dropped it because they could make way more money elsewhere. Throwdown being a low populated playlist isn't because it's not labeled "MLG" it's because Halo 4 is just now becoming marginally viable as a competitive FPS. And Halo 4 as a whole has shit population numbers as you are so keen to point out.

If you replaced MLG with 343 in your argument you might realize how ridiculous you sound.

Fire Juices.

IHaveIce

Banned
Juices Throwdown are AGL settings especially the next update are only the AGL gametypes.

And yeah mlg had a bigger population than throwdown, wow every other halo had also more population than Halo 4.

And the proplaylists like Mlg and throwdown were always the ones with the lowest numbers in the game.

Tawpgun

Xb1 engineer made interesting points. If xb1 games become cheaper than holy shit game changer.

But I was confused... If your Internet goes out you can't play single player? Because of the cloud?

Yeah I love the Mantis. I think it's such a cool vehicle.

It's terrible.

Super slow, bullet sponge, doesn't have the same physics interaction with the world that every one player and vehicle has. I could fall asleep using it or fighting against it, extremely dull.

Xb1 engineer made interesting points. If xb1 games become cheaper than holy shit game changer.

But I was confused... If your Internet goes out you can't play single player? Because of the cloud?

I think that was a poorly worded joke, because obviously if the power goes out you can't play your Xbox, or Playstation, 360, etc because they require power.

I just got an idea on how to up the skill curve a little bit.

Narrow down the sandbox to a select few weapons, and make all of them headshot-capable (with the obvious exception of melee weapons). Balance/rework sandbox accordingly.

Headshots do 2x damage to shielded targets, and 4x damage to unshielded targets.

That way once your enemy has no shields, it becomes an immediate priority to shoot for the head, otherwise you'll end up wasting too much ammo on body shots.

daedalius

Apparently Phil Spencer made the allusion to authenticating with your phone, since the ping of data is so small.

Booshka

I just got an idea on how to up the skill curve a little bit.

Narrow down the sandbox to a select few weapons, and make all of them headshot-capable (with the obvious exception of melee weapons). Balance/rework sandbox accordingly.

Headshots do 2x damage to shielded targets, and 4x damage to unshielded targets.

That way once your enemy has no shields, it becomes an immediate priority to shoot for the head, otherwise you'll end up wasting too much ammo on body shots.

I had this idea a while ago but it seems to hard for Halo fans and console shooter players in general.

This is Shadowrun's sandbox, very few weapons, but all the ones you need to fill the necessary roles. Single shot projectile weapons (Rifle, Pistol, Sniper) get the highest headshot bonus, and all automatics (SMG, Minigun) and the Shotgun have a lower headshot bonus. And there is a Katana with a bleedout mechanic to help it fit into its role.

You have pretty high HP in Shadowrun, but can still be taken down quickly with headshots, which take a lot of skill to consistently land.

Juices Throwdown are AGL settings especially the next update are only the AGL gametypes.

And yeah mlg had a bigger population than throwdown, wow every other halo had also more population than Halo 4.

And the proplaylists like Mlg and throwdown were always the ones with the lowest numbers in the game.

Yea wonder why. Listen it doesnt all equal each other but the bottom line is they need to move away from what they did with Halo 4. Virgin Gaming is NOT working for Halo.

It's terrible.

Super slow, bullet sponge, doesn't have the same physics interaction with the world that every one player and vehicle has. I could fall asleep using it or fighting against it, extremely dull.

One of the worst vehicles in any game. Its just downright horrible.
Overpowered, Awkward to control, Dominates maps (even worse than a Gauss) has the best anti board mechanic of any vehicle with the stomp, physics immune.

The fact that made it in over things like a Falcon baffle me.

Halo Vehicles need a huge overhaul.

Mongoose - useless cut it
Warthog - works well. Stop chain gun overheating is a bad mechanic
Gauss Hog - cut it, SP only
Scorpion - rebalance it reduce explosion radius on shots
Falcon - Bring it back as it was in Reach
Hornet - Bring it back to combat the banshee, no side seats, rocket like the mantis
Mantis - cut it, horrible
Wraith - boring vehicle needs to change make it a weak hulled slower moving gauss tank
Banshee - Cut the bomb, increase the power of the plasma cannons
Revenant - Use the cut halo 4 version, give the gunner the ability to switch weapons between a specter plasma canon and a halo reach reverent mortar
le
Ghost - Fine, needs a weaker hull maybe.

New covenant air transport vehicle with slow as shit mortar and side seats.

I think Spartan Ops is fine to run through on Normal because its limitations aren't as apparent when they aren't brutalizing you with enemies. I've gone through it once since the initial release and they're fine for what they are.
This is probably your best bet. I was supremely disappointed with Spartan Ops, but I'd never tell anyone to skip it. The cutscenes are well done and worth watching (you can watch them all and not have to play anything if you don't want).

I will say that Normal solo is better than attempting online with others. The netcode is fucking terrible, far worse than anything I experienced in Reach's Firefight. Plus it's set up for Legendary, and even with 4 people it's a clusterfuck of aliens with one-hit-kill weapons and bullshit respawns. It turns the relatively lackluster gameplay into pure frustration, so just go it alone on an easier setting.

If your Internet goes out for longer than 24 hours you can't play any games on your XB1

I would not recommend spartan ops solo to anyone even on easy

It is a very tedious mode solo simply because almost every mission involves them throwing a mass of enemies at you - there is nothing interesting about any of those encounters - its just a matter sheer volume.

So while it's easy on normal or easy - Its still time consuming and boring

Correlation does not mean causation, juices.

I know. However in this case I'm right. MLG was better for Halo than Virgin Gaming.

One company threw several tournament events with high prize money. One company threw one online tournament and gave away one 50k truck. Meanwhile another company threw a million dollar tournament for their game.

MLG had one playlist with quite a bit of updates throughout its life. Virgin Gaming put its little logo on previous playlists and kept switching and changing the natural order of the playlists.

Of course I'm not saying no longer dealing with MLG is the reason for Halo 4s low population, however it IS a factor in it. I'm sure you learned alot in your psych 101 class during your computer science studies?

IHaveIce

Banned
Yea wonder why. Listen it doesnt all equal each other but the bottom line is they need to move away from what they did with Halo 4. Virgin Gaming is NOT working for Halo.
I never stated otherwise, virgin gaming is absolute trash.

Just wanted to show that the Throwdown list is a really good thing, no virgin gaming involvement also.

And of course they need to move away from Halo 4s decisions, the next game has to be competive at launch not through 100000updates. And should go back to arena shooter style, smaller maps, no sprint and ranks ingame at launch.

Ranked/social split

TCKaos

Overpowered, Awkward to control, Dominates maps (even worse than a Gauss) has the best anti board mechanic of any vehicle with the stomp, physics immune.

You wouldn't be saying that if you were playing BTB with us last night.

Ruined my fucking perfection with less than five kills left to go in the game because they started spawning behind us on Ragnarok.

A lack of LAN didn't hurt Starcraft II.

It caused tons of problems during tournaments. Players would lose connection to the server (and still do) hosting the match in the middle of a "LAN" tournament. I can remember plenty of games, especially MLG Starcraft II, where they'd spend more time at the "Reconnecting" dialog than playing. There's even rules set up now for when that happens they are to use the Resume game feature that Blizzard added in an update. It happens *that often*.

It also helped Starcraft II that Brood War was one of the most popular competitive games ever.

I doubt it will be as big of an issue for XB1 because it's not requiring a constant connection for LAN play as far as we know at this point. Just the "check-in" nonsense.

I had this idea a while ago but it seems to hard for Halo fans and console shooter players in general.

This is Shadowrun's sandbox, very few weapons, but all the ones you need to fill the necessary roles. Single shot projectile weapons (Rifle, Pistol, Sniper) get the highest headshot bonus, and all automatics (SMG, Minigun) and the Shotgun have a lower headshot bonus. And there is a Katana with a bleedout mechanic to help it fit into its role.

You have pretty high HP in Shadowrun, but can still be taken down quickly with headshots, which take a lot of skill to consistently land.

I think a big part is latency compared to PC. If we start getting more widespread dedis per game, I think it would open up a lot of options. I have a new project with 10 weapons (only one automatic) and I didn't even realize Shadowrun already did that with the sandbox.

The fact that made it in over things like a Falcon baffle me.

Halo Vehicles need a huge overhaul.

Mongoose - useless cut it
Gauss Hog - cut it, SP only
Scorpion - rebalance it reduce explosion radius on shots
Wraith - boring vehicle needs to change make it a weak hulled slower moving gauss tank
Banshee - Cut the bomb, increase the power of the plasma cannons
Revenant - Use the cut halo 4 version, give the gunner the ability to switch weapons between a specter plasma canon and a halo reach reverent mortar
Falcon - Bring it back as it was in Reach
Hornet - Bring it back to combat the banshee, no side seats, rocket like the mantis
make a covie troop air vehicle with a slow ass mortar like the wraith has and only side seats
Mantis - cut it, horrible

I don't mind a little extra overlap in vehicles just because they're basically wheels with guns in the long run. If I had to redo the vehicle sandbox, though:

(roughly arranged in terms of power)

Mongoose - keep it in smaller maps as a recon/scout platform with minor assault capabilities with a heavy weapon passenger. And race, of course.
Encoder - Promethean scout unit that replaces the Chopper. Basically light cycle mixed with the batpod from TDKR.
Ghost - Somewhere between the Halo CE and 2 versions. Make it fun to drive, floaty as hell, and make the plasma cannons slow down targets a bit.
Warthog - Not really much to say.
Gauss Hog - Replace with the Rail Hog. The turret has unlimited ammo and fires a Railgun round with about 150% the blast radius of the handheld variant.
Spectre Successor - Two-man vehicle. Driver can control a Plasma Turret with the power of a Spectre's while alone. With a passenger, the driver has no weapon (beyond boost), but the passenger gets a slightly beefed-up Spectre turret.
Stratus - Promethean passenger unit with health between a Warthog and a Spectre. Three seats. Turret is somewhere between the CE Rocket Hog and the Revenant in power.
Mantis - Reworked into a CQC unit. Turret and missiles replaced in favor of a more "personal" weapon along the lines of a grenade launcher or a giant shotgun. Mantis can now stomp and perform a decent vertical leap that ends in a shockwave/stomp. The Leap depletes your shields. Physics reworked to perform realistically, meaning you actually have to be careful where you walk or else you'll end up falling over.
Locust - Defensive mech from Halo Wars that occupies the role the Mantis used to. Has the traction of the Halo 2 Scorpion and Spectre combined, meaning it can climb some walls. About 60% the speed of the Halo 4 Mantis, has shielding. It has a Focus Rifle-styled beam weapon. While it doesn't do much damage, it will EMP vehicles and has massive knockback applied to it (think a Scarab beam on Easy) so it can make Jetpackers fall to their deaths and is deadly against aircraft. As a bonus, maybe the Locust beam can have shield vampirism when it EMPs vehicles.
Wraith and Scorpion - no idea how to balance them, honestly. Wraith pretty much occupies the role it needs to. Maybe the Scorpion's rounds could have impact damage (that would be one-hit kill on infantry) but take like 4 or 5 seconds to actually detonate, giving people proper warning.
Falcon - Bring back the Reach edition, it was perfect. Maybe add in a Rail Falcon or the Grenade Launcher variant to multi. Allow it to carry an objective holder at the expense of losing a turret.
Banshee - Halo 3 version.
Sylph - Forerunner aircraft unit. Basically the Chopper of the skies.

Booshka

I think a big part is latency compared to PC. If we start getting more widespread dedis per game, I think it would open up a lot of options. I have a new project with 10 weapons (only one automatic) and I didn't even realize Shadowrun already did that with the sandbox.

Shadowrun is a game design clinic in regards to team based multiplayer FPS. The interplay of races, abilities and weapons, along with extremely complex level design could be its own college course in video game design.

Shadowrun is a game design clinic in regards to team based multiplayer FPS. The interplay of races, abilities and weapons, along with extremely complex level design could be its own college course in video game design.

...how does the multiplayer work? All I can think of with Shadowrun is super-powered dudes running around the city.

willow ve

In all the valid reasons why having a check-in sucks, I don't see being online one of them. A lack of LAN didn't hurt Starcraft II. With the One, assuming no cloud necessities, a LAN is still possible and only requires a momentary connection on the day of the event. Where are these going to be held without Internet? This affects casual guys with their own LANs at home far more.
Making sure 200+ Xbox 1s all had a valid gamertag and could connect to the net (not just a local switch) would be a fucking nightmare at large events.

Booshka

...how does the multiplayer work? All I can think of with Shadowrun is super-powered dudes running around the city.

Round based elimination style a la Counter-Strike. Buy menu at start of each round to purchase weapons, magic and tech. You can also see what your teammates have and gift them money. 4 different races, Elf, Troll, Dwarf and Human. 3 game modes are Symmetrical maps-Elimination (slayer), Asymmetrical 1 Flag Offense vs Defense with no role switching though, and Neutral Flag on Symmetrical maps as well.

Tawpgun

Shadowrun is so good. But not completely balanced I think. Smart link blows. Enhanced vision is only countered by enhanced vision or running around in smoke which blows.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Booshka, I didn't ask but 60fps and Dedicated servers for Next Gen Halo. You pumped?

I was pretty shocked at the announcement. Pretty excited to see what it looks like too.

These suggestions are not good. Revenant was a shitty replacement for one of the greatest vehicles in the franchise, and the chaingun overheat was the best thing to happen to the 'hog to balance it in multiplayer.

Round based elimination style a la Counter-Strike. Buy menu at start of each round to purchase weapons, magic and tech. You can also see what your teammates have and gift them money. 4 different races, Elf, Troll, Dwarf and Human. 3 game modes are Symmetrical maps-Elimination (slayer), Asymmetrical 1 Flag Offense vs Defense with no role switching though, and Neutral Flag on Symmetrical maps as well.

...I'm gonna have to look into this for research purposes.

Booshka

Shadowrun is so good. But not completely balanced I think. Smart link blows. Enhanced vision is only countered by enhanced vision or running around in smoke which blows.
I'd prefer if Smartlink wasn't in the game, but it is hardly OP, remember it takes up a valuable ability slot and only helps a few weapons. Enhanced Vision is a very strong tech, but it is only OP if your team isn't coordinated and not calling out, or if you aren't running Smoke. Also Smoke is a very good ability that isn't just good because it counters EV and Smartlink, it makes you immune to damage, gives you a valuable 3rd person perspective, and can even serve as a speed boost for Dwarf and Troll.

The hardest of hard counters to EV, is to run Smoke and EV, but don't actually ping your EV, when another player pings their EV, they show up on your screen without having to use yours. Having Smoke mapped masks your presence on their EV, so they are essentially revealing themselves to you for free and without their knowledge. Most EV players have blinders on too, so you can easily get behind them and shit all over em.

The brilliance of Shadowrun.
Booshka, I didn't ask but 60fps and Dedicated servers for Next Gen Halo. You pumped?
I was pretty shocked at the announcement. Pretty excited to see what it looks like too.
I'm am glad that Microsoft's flagship title will finally be running well , but it still remains to be seen if 343 can make a great Halo game. If they pull it off and it's everything I want out of a Halo game, then it might be a system seller. Chances are low though.

...I'm gonna have to look into this for research purposes.
Send me message if you start playing, I can teach you a lot of the game systems and show you some of the subtle nuance that most people miss.

Top Bottom