• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Mistel

Banned
Yea I work on it in between other art jobs(and occasionally free time), lately I've been pretty busy with those. I'd say I'm technically in pre-production for the graphic novel at the moment.

It's a long term project for sure.
Sounds cool to have a long term project have it come to something.

Ghazi

After playing Titanfall on MS's Azure servers, I can finally say that the MS Cloud is
kinda, I get the weirdest event disparity ever
real.

Get hype for H2A.

...Yeah. What level is that from?

the one when the arbiter..

36367121-Full2.jpg

Omni

Infinite awesome.

Textures as such a mess in that cutscene/area that even on PC with settings maxed out I struggle to differentiate what the hell is happening in the background. Like when the Arbiter falls into the floor... it took me years to realise that there was actually a hole there for some reason.

I hope they fix that in Halo 2 Anniversary.

Random17

Might I humbly ask for somebody to explain the joke, now that we know what level he was actually talking about?

At the end of Halo 2, after Tartarus is slain, Miranda jumps off a platform onto the main control area, runs towards the Index and grabs it.

The animation isn't very good; she runs in a nearly fixed position until she grabs it.

Hence the infinite frames sarcasm from Frankie. He just wrote Halo 3 instead of Halo 2 accidentally.

That, or it's a reference to the end of QZ, where she grabs it while holding onto a tentacle.

FyreWulff

I still like the fact there's a cutscene in Halo 2 that's still using the previs animation. A character just SLIDES AWAY

ij97X5gjwZbGL.gif

If you watch the Halo 2 making-of you can see this exact animation in the blocked out version

Chettlar

Banned
Hm. I didn't remember that at all.

I thought the animations were kind of hilariously bad, but I don't remember any freezing. Is this something they fixed for the PC version or something?

Omni

Well, all of her animation isn't stellar. But the ending sprint is particularly noticeable. I'm sure Mr Stinkles is directly referencing that.
See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho3Li0rh1xE

Such an odd thing to remember... almost as if he's seen it recently in a build of Halo 2 Anniversary...

Side note. If Halo 2 Anniversary does happen, can they still use the celebrity voices that are in the original? I know Julie Benz is there as well as Michelle Rodriguez. Plus a few others

FyreWulff

Such an odd thing to remember... almost as if he's seen it recently enough... like in a recent build of Halo 2 Anniversary.

Side note. If Halo 2 Anniversary does happen, can they still use the celebrity voices that are in the original? I know Julie Benz is there as well as Michelle Rodriguez. Plus a few others

Halo 2's terrible running animations are hard to forget.

FyreWulff

Triple AAA production.

This is what happens when you basically have to push the last stable branch out the door before you even finish the game :lol

Staten mentions in the Making Of that he had to beg to be able to go in and add in a whole bunch of facial animation to every cutscene in the game.. in the last 24 hours before they sent it to manufacturing. The last thing being Miranda's surprise face when she sees the other part of the control room coming at her.

Miranda should be running up to pick up a copy of whatever gets announced at E3.

Someone good with editing needs to do this

Fuchsdh

Triple AAA production.

Yeah it's kind of funny, that never really bothered me because I understood what they were trying to do (she's going as fast as she can without just slamming into the console.)

On the other hand, Chief doing his leisurely jog away from the cruiser about to blast him from suborbit always bothered me immensely.

No one can fault Halo 4 for its character animation--especially on Del Rio and Lasky's faces, the animation was incredible.

You could also do it with the scene at the start of Gravemind where Master Chief teleports into the hall and grabs the needler out of thin air

I believe the idea is that the Grunt threw it into the air in a panic and he grabbed it. Again, they didn't really have time to polish the animation so it's a bit of a jump of inferred logic.

Mix

So many Halo 2 memories right now. Also, look at what I got from a flea market on Saturday for 22 bucks, it came with everything it launched with, even the live card hasn't been used!

So many Halo 2 memories right now. Also, look at what I got from a flea market on Saturday for 22 bucks, it came with everything it launched with, even the live card hasn't been used!
Lucky pick up there.
Would be worth a bit more then 22 bucks I would say.

Omni

I still have all that from release :p

Halo 2 Collectors edition was such a great buy.

That collectors tin.. still remains largely unmatched in good value, good design and good quality collectors editions.

And that making of disc, possibly my favourite in the "biz".

Omni

I was the coolest kid at a November 9th 2004 LAN party because I had the standard edition. Literally everyone else had the LE.
Haha.

I actually wanted a standard edition so much but was too poor to double dip. If I recall correctly the Collector's Edition booklet/manual is written in a Covenant perspective and the standard was UNSC? Or something like that. I know they looked different at least

Haha.

I actually wanted a standard edition so much but was too poor to double dip. If I recall correctly the Collector's Edition booklet/manual is written in a Covenant perspective and the standard was UNSC? Or something like that. I know they looked different at least

Yep, you are right about the booklets.

ElRenoRaven

That collectors tin.. still remains largely unmatched in good value, good design and good quality collectors editions.

And that making of disc, possibly my favourite in the "biz".

Yup. That's the one area Bungie always nailed it every time. Their making off documentaries etc were always must watch. I'd hope that if Halo 2 anniversary is indeed real that there are some great making of features for it. Hell just future games. Hell I really wish every game had those. I just never can get enough of making of stuff and seeing old builds in action etc.

ElRenoRaven

So I got to reading the retrospective on Halo at edge and I see this picture. Where is this from? I never remember seeing a picture like this.

Halo-x.jpg

It looks like Halo 2 but it's way too high quality to be from Halo 2 other then a hint of texture blurriness on the armor. Is it fanart or something? If so whoever did that did an amazing job. If it's a screenshot taken from Halo 2 then how did they get it to look that damn good and where did it come from?

Mistel

Banned
It looks like Halo 2 but it's way too high quality to be from Halo 2 other then a hint of texture blurriness on the armor. Is it fanart or something? If so whoever did that did an amazing job. If it's a screenshot taken from Halo 2 then how did they get it to look that damn good and where did it come from?
Looks like one of the press things that was in the xbox magazine.

Top Bottom