• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

ifKKPwy9bThYb.gif
Haha this is the best thing I've seen all night. What's that from?

So you can be logged onto Xbox One and Xbox 360 at the same time. I'm grinding on Spartan Assault and Halo 4 simultaneously (well, between matches).

I can even run the game and chat audio from both into my Mixamp simulatneously thanks to the 3.5mm jack and game audio on the XB1 controller.

FyreWulff

So you can be logged onto Xbox One and Xbox 360 at the same time. I'm grinding on Spartan Assault and Halo 4 simultaneously (well, between matches).

I can even run the game and chat audio from both into my Mixamp simulatneously thanks to the 3.5mm jack and game audio on the XB1 controller.

Can you Follow 360 users? I'm having to make room for RB3 players and need to delete One players, but if they can follow back I can just shoot a message saying to Folllow me until I eventually get a One.

Halo community (online) was a pretty happy time for the most part around Halo 2 - Halo 3, yea people would bitch about things but that was about it. Maybe I'm rose-tinted.

Same here. But I didn't really frequent b.net or any sites that didn't like Halo 2 lol.

This fall is gonna be incredible with H2 and Destiny.

and KI season 2, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Evolve, Alien: Isolation, and more games probably announced at E3!

I'm pretty excited.

Fuchsdh

Same here. But I didn't really frequent b.net or any sites that didn't like Halo 2 lol.

and KI season 2, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Evolve, Alien: Isolation, and more games probably announced at E3!

I'm pretty excited.

Aka tangible reasons to finally buy next-gen. Was going to get my brother another XB1 game to go with Titanfall and realized there was nothing he'd enjoy playing. Hoping for a Halo bundle (hell doubtful we'd get LE consoles this early but I can dream) to jump in this fall before the games I've been waiting for hit.

Also, h2a being tournament-ready at this point would be pretty awesome.

I'm pretty excited.

My wallet am cry. Don't forget Smash Wii U this Winter ;] Damn people aren't mentioning this! Support the Wii U and stop procrastinating.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I'm pretty excited.

H2 was crazy divisive. Halo2sucks.com made Halo Gaf look happy.

I too am excited for E3.

I think it's going to be back to conversations about games.

I'm looking forward to a few things. Some known, like Sunset Overdrive. Some surprises, even if you suspect you can't be surprised.

also curious to see how Nintendo deals with E3. I think they might megaton it, one way or another.

E3 - 2014

Phil Spencer calls up Frankie on stage and says those magic words, "We brought you Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary" "And There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come" "What Are They To Say Now?"

Guitar riff and Monk Chanting.

Sad to see that Phil hasn't responded my tweet about if Halo's future is exclusive only to the XB1? Might not since we also got Spartan Assault on the 360.

Mix

I too am excited for E3.

I'm looking forward to a few things. Some known, like Sunset Overdrive. Some surprises, even if you suspect you can't be surprised.

also curious to see how Nintendo deals with E3. I think they might megaton it, one way or another.

Frankie, that's how you get people excited, jesus christ.
E3 - 2014

Phil Spencer calls up Frankie on stage and says those magic words, "We brought you Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary" "And There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come" "What Are They To Say Now?"

Sad to see that Phil hasn't responded my tweet about if Halo's future is exclusive only to the XB1? Might not since we also got Spartan Assault on the 360.

and on the windows phone/ Steam/ Windows 8. I doubt it's only on Xbox anymore.

Yeah, I was going to say this. Even CE's community on XBC was vile lol. Sure there were many tight friendships formed, but it was no different from HaloGAF (you're right about H2, the fights back then make ours look like child's play) where you'd have the darkest corners of life waiting to pounce on unsuspecting foes!

Mario Kart 8, Smash 3DS + sexy 3DS bundle
+ an entire library of 3DS games I've been holding out on
, Destiny, Halo 2 Anniversary, Smash Wii U (in sequential order I'm guessing)
WIthout release windows (I think?) -- Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, KI Season 2, Evolve, shit I don't even know about yet!

---> It's already been and will continue to be an incredible year for gaming.

I too am excited for E3.

Halo 2 didn't suck but it wasn't even close to as good as HCE until the 1.1 update. I'd love to hear more of what when into those changes. Was anyone against the changes?

Mario Kart 8, Smash 3DS + sexy 3DS bundle
+ an entire library of 3DS games I've been holding out on
, Destiny, Halo 2 Anniversary, Smash Wii U (in sequential order I'm guessing)
WIthout release windows (I think?) -- Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, KI Season 2, Evolve, shit I don't even know about yet!

---> It's already been and will continue to be an incredible year for gaming.

Grab Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon X/Y as well as the new Zelda

Damn it. sorry about the double post. meant to quote and edit it into my last post.

Mix

Hey Frankie, will you pair the Halo 2 Anniversary trailer with the Halo 5 Gameplay trailer? It would be cool and an easy was to come back out on stage after the announcement to announce the purchase of Halo 2A gets you a beta for Halo 5

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
E3 - 2014

I shouldn't do the but it's cut and pasted from the E3 briefing.

Phil Spencer walks off stage right. Lights dim. V/O announce: "And now, ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for."

Spotlight illuminates FRANK O'CONNOR, dribbling a basketball slowly. Second spot illuminates hoop...BEHIND HIM.

Chettlar

Banned
Yup. Halo 2 had some great skyboxes and locations. To see those updated like Halo Anniversary. It's going to be a visual feast.

Yeah, I suddenly just thought about the underwater trolley part, and Arbiter palace place armory thing or whatever it's called, or the Uprising level (which looked absolutely horrible but could look so good).

I just...Frankie pls.

m23

Read through Final Hours of Titanfall and Final Hours of Mass Effect 3...what I would do for a Final Hours of Halo 5.

Sofa King

I know it was a unique time when Halofest happened with the Halo handoff, CEA and the 10 year anniversary but I would love to see another Halofest at PAX this year if there is indeed a H2A. I missed the last one and the grunt plushies that came with it.

Computer

Please hold a Halo super bowl caliber event every year just like the global championship. That would be big to put Halo back as the king of shooters.

Happened with both X11s and.. X14s? I think?

The issue is you'll plug it in, then it just sends garbage audio to everyone else in chat. And for some reason, you won't hear it if you go to record a message. Also, the mute switch won't mute the garbage either.

Happens with any wired controller, be it the 360 controller or say an Xplorer guitar. Feels like it's some sort of feedback from both the controller and the headset being actively powered by the USB mains?

Huh, my X11s would give you chat feedback when the vibration motors would go above a certain level, but they were functional. There was always a slight buzz but I don't think it crossed the chat threshold by itself, but is sounds like yours is. Have you tried having the headset usb plugged into a different power source like a computer or cell phone charger? Kind of a pain, but I think dollar stores have cheapo USB extenders if you want to try that.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

I too am excited for E3.

This E3 will obviously be completely different for me but I'm still insanely excited.

I also think Nintendo will megaton. I fully expect to have to buy a WiiU this year haha.

Woorloog

Banned
Am i the only one who isn't excited for E3?
I very much doubt Nintendo will do anything that will save WiiU. Or that they show any "megaton" otherwise.
I very much doubt any new games, even if they're not limited by oldgen hardware, will be impressive. Just more of the same we get now. Gameplay-wise, most certainly won't be impressed. Graphically, nope. PC has had superior graphics for years, and hasn't managed to impress me in years either. Good art is rare, technically good stuff isn't.
I reckon Ubisoft will show the Division with downgraded graphics.

I'm interested to see what there will be for Halo, Destiny, Civ: Beyond Earth, but that's about it (well, Elite: Dangerous is interesting as well but will it be at E3?). But not excited.
I don't know if i'm very selective or what but impressing me is hard, and because of that, i'm not excited, i doubt there will be anything to be excited for.
(And if you reveal your game beforehand, i'm interested in seeing it, but not excited)
Perhaps there will be surprises. Though they will be bad ones, probably.

EDIT Not sure when was the last i was excited pre-E3 though. I can't remember... And i can't remember whether this is because i haven't been excited, or if i just can't remember.

Anyway, did something happen to Speedy? Haven't seen him in a while.

wwm0nkey

Will it be small or big titles that keep being cross-gen stuff? Logically bigger titles should be cross-gen, due to large install base.
Sony and Microsoft should both be full steam ahead when it comes to games, I'm sure there are still some 360/PS3 games but not a whole lot.

Then we have KH3, Battlefront, DooM reboot and ext which are next gen only and I fully expect H2A and H5 are made with next gen in mind from the get go.

Also somewhat Halo related and NSFW ouch

TheXbox

Sony and Microsoft should both be full steam ahead when it comes to games, I'm sure there are still some 360/PS3 games but not a whole lot.

Then we have KH3, Battlefront, DooM reboot and ext which are next gen only and I fully expect H2A and H5 are made with next gen in mind from the get go.

Your Energy Sword appears to be functional.

Battlefront 3 probably won't be at E3 because they'll want to release it around Ep VII for movie hype. At least that's my theory. (they did it for BF2)

Anyone think the inevitable Halo 5 teaser will be in-game like the dope Halo 3 reveal in '06 or another corny CG fest?

Woorloog

Banned

Halo 5, sure. Would find Halo 2 Anniversary to be next-gen only a bit odd, i'd figure that recapturing Halo audience would be more important than making it next-gen only to boost Xbone sales. Though perhaps old Halo remake is not the way to recapture the audience.

I wonder what will be on old-gen. I'm actually more interested in that than what there will be for next... uh, current-gen (but not because i haven't moved on the PS4/Xbone train yet. Not sure if will even do that).

How the hell does that happen? And why have sharp, metallic "energy sword" without any sheath?
And were i just surprised at human stupidity? Thought i thought it a norm rather than exception...

Your Energy Sword appears to be functional.

Battlefront 3 probably won't be at E3 because they'll want to release it around Ep VII for movie hype. At least that's my theory. (they did it for BF2)

Anyone think the inevitable Halo 5 teaser will be in-game like the dope Halo 3 reveal in '06 or another corny CG fest?

The Studio has spoke about having playable builds of the game. I expect it in some form at E3

Top Bottom