• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

HAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously though. Cross gen will happen for another year at least.

I will lol if H2A is cross gen.

I think that would be a huge mistake by MS to make. The only way Halo 2 is moving Xboxes is if it's exclusive.

Hell if it were cross gen I'd probably reconsider upgrading until next year. My 360 is still decent enough

I wont buy an Xbox One for a remake but for Halo 5 unless I fuond cheap Xbox One.

Also I dont hink H2A will be better than Halo 4 in graphics but I will be very dissapointed if the game is still 30fps on xbox one.

Omni

I will lol if H2A is cross gen.
I think that would be a huge mistake by MS to make. The only way Halo 2 is moving Xboxes is if it's exclusive.

Hell if it were cross gen I'd probably reconsider upgrading until next year. My 360 is still decent enough

Woorloog

Banned
H2A being cross-gen would be wonderful. I'd get to play one of my favorite single player/co-op games ever without having to get a console i have zero interest and reason to get (i think i've noted this before: There is no way next-gen Halo alone is a system seller for me. MS needs some really super interesting exclusive to get me on board. Though honestly this same applies to Sony (on top of Planetside 2)).
EDIT well wonderful and wonderful. It would be crippled visually, so to speak. On Xbone alone, it could be very pretty. On 360 and Xbone, pretty at most. Though for me pretty enough is enough.

I'm all for halo on the X1, only because I now own one.
It would be cool to get it on 360 because a lot of friends are still on it, but long term I'd prefer it a X1 exclusive. MS needs to move consoles, I imagined Titanfall having a bigger effect on people but it didn't. Despite Halo not been the leader people really seem to be hanging out for it on the One.

@that guy with the energy sword in his leg: you're doing the steppin' razor achievement wrong.

FyreWulff

Is there any reason why the limit is still 100?

I've been having to delete so many people lately because of it. Really frustrating

legacy systems etc etc games can crash if they see more than 100 friends

there was a aaa 360 title a friend worked on that crashed if you had more than 24 friends and failed cert because of it. Another 360 title made it out to retail with a similar bug and it had to be patched.

Now multiply this potential problem by every 360 title that ever released. Hell, they still leave the "original Xbox gamers may not be able to read this" notice in the message UI

blamite

Well, if H2A is cross-gen, I will buy a game from Microsoft and pay for Xbox Live for a while. If it's not, they get nothing from me.

It all depends on whether or not they think there are enough people like me for it to be worth it.

Ghazi

H2A will 100% for sure not be cross gen, but I wish they would :(

When it's announced, I'll have to pre-order a copy to take to a friend's house to play :/ Feels like Halo 3 days all over again :)

Mix

Speedy Alt confirmed? Gritty starship troopers style reboot instead please.

... ... ...
Thats_the_joke.jpg

Chettlar

Banned
Noooooo no no no no no no.

I don't want to suffer poor framerate.

Then...don't get the 360 version?

I mean, either way the 360 version existing or not doesn't really affect you. Either there isn't one, and you have to get a One for it, or this is one, and you get the One version for the superior framerate.

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
Then...don't get the 360 version?

I mean, either way the 360 version existing or not doesn't really affect you. Either there isn't one, and you have to get a One for it, or this is one, and you get the One version for the superior framerate.

If their is a 360 version it'll affect me, as I'll end up buying both the 360 and XB1 versions of the game. I'll have the XB1 version to play on my own time with the better graphics and whatnot. I'll have the 360 version to play with friends. I'm kinda hoping it's XB1 only, my friends need reasons to be pushed to XB1 and H2A being exclusive on it, is just one more push.

FyreWulff

Noooooo no no no no no no.

I don't want to suffer poor framerate.

A single-core 733mhz game would have poor framerate on a system with 3x 3ghz cores?

You could easily make Halo 2 run at 1080p native 60fps on the 360. If they start with the PC version's codebase, that part of the work is already done.

Also, you would -think- with the possibility of a H2A being 360/One, they'd make it actual cross-platform and it won't matter which version you have.

A Halo 3 remake would make sense as being One only, though

El_Chino

A single-core 733mhz game would have poor framerate on a system with 3x 3ghz cores?

You could easily make Halo 2 run at 1080p native 60fps on the 360. If they start with the PC version's codebase, that part of the work is already done.

Also, you would -think- with the possibility of a H2A being 360/One, they'd make it actual cross-platform and it won't matter which version you have.

It wouldn't be a straight port, it would have a new graphics engine layered on top of it.

FyreWulff

It wouldn't be a straight port, it would have a new graphics engine layered on top of it.

As long as you keep your asset production within a certain set of rules, you can still upgrade the graphics and maintain framerate. It's not like they'd redo the world geometry or add a bunch of new physics objects.

This E3 will obviously be completely different for me but I'm still insanely excited.

I also think Nintendo will megaton. I fully expect to have to buy a WiiU this year haha.
Similar thinking here, but I'm still on the fence. MK8 and Smash Bros. will be big, but I need some serious Zelda news and a big announcement from Nintendo for 1 or 2 other games. I think a big multiplayer Star Fox game would be amazing - something akin to Crimson Skies for the original xbox. Done hoping for Metroid, but i would love for the series to be given a reboot. And I'm still waiting for a true Mario 64 successor... :(

IHaveIce

Banned

They would be incredibly stupid to make it crossgen. They need games that sell theit new system

ElRenoRaven

You know I'd be ok with Cross gen. In fact I might be tempted to double dip if it were. That way I could have all the games in HD on the 360 and then just have it to play on the xbone too.

Chettlar

Banned
If their is a 360 version it'll affect me, as I'll end up buying both the 360 and XB1 versions of the game. I'll have the XB1 version to play on my own time with the better graphics and whatnot. I'll have the 360 version to play with friends. I'm kinda hoping it's XB1 only, my friends need reasons to be pushed to XB1 and H2A being exclusive on it, is just one more push.

Your logic isn't making much sense. Um, ok. That's your choice. It's not foisting itself on you.

"pushed to XB1" sure I get that. But I mean, I can't afford an XB1 right now, but I'd love H2A. So if it's XB1 only, I'm kinda shitoutaluck.

Why not H2A both, and H5 Xbone only?

They would be incredibly stupid to make it crossgen. They need games that sell theit new system

Shhhhhhhh.

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
Your logic isn't making much sense. Um, ok. That's your choice. It's not foisting itself on you.

"pushed to XB1" sure I get that. But I mean, I can't afford an XB1 right now, but I'd love H2A. So if it's XB1 only, I'm kinda shitoutaluck.

Why not H2A both, and H5 Xbone only?

Shhhhhhhh.

My logic makes perfect sense. I don't see how it doesn't... It would affect me, because I'd have to buy it on two consoles to enjoy it with everyone. If it's just on the XB1, I don't have to worry about enjoying it with 360 kids, and those people may also just make the jump to XB1. If it doesn't come out on the 360, then maybe it will cause some friends to buy XB1 and then, I'll have more people to play with.

Honestly, I feel bad for people that can't afford an XB1 at the moment or it isn't a part of their priorities, but I just don't see H2A coming to the 360. I really hope that it doesn't for quality reasons. The game is already going to be outsourced to CA and SI. It would help them out tremendously if they only had to develop for one console. XB1 being the logical choice, as 360 will eventually suffer the same fate as OG Xbox. Once again we will be SOL on playing H2 online.

Chettlar

Banned
My logic makes perfect sense. I don't see how it doesn't... It would affect me, because I'd have to buy it on two consoles to enjoy it with everyone. If it's just on the XB1, I don't have to worry about enjoying it with 360 kids, and those people may also just make the jump to XB1. If it doesn't come out on the 360, then maybe it will cause some friends to buy XB1 and then, I'll have more people to play with.

Honestly, I feel bad for people that can't afford an XB1 at the moment or it isn't a part of their priorities, but I just don't see H2A coming to the 360. I really hope that it doesn't for quality reasons. The game is already going to be outsourced to CA and SI. It would help them out tremendously if they only had to develop for one console. XB1 being the logical choice, as 360 will eventually suffer the same fate as OG Xbox. Once again we will be SOL on playing H2 online.

I was like "No...you don't have to buy it." But then you said " in order to play with my friends. That makes a lot more sense. I can see that now.

Speedy alt confirmed?

Karl2177

Apologies for this not being Halo 4 related, but I didn't want to create a thread for a simple question. A while ago(close to 3 years now) Microsoft did a preview program that had Halo: Reach on the disc. It had issues downloading the TU because it had a different disc ID and the peeps at Microsoft just decided to give everyone a free GonD copy of the game. Here's where the question is: If I have the TU installed on my HDD, can I use this disc? Also, what happens now if I insert the disc into a non-preview console, since the preview was for stuff that came out in fall 2011? Thanks.

Apologies for this not being Halo 4 related, but I didn't want to create a thread for a simple question. A while ago(close to 3 years now) Microsoft did a preview program that had Halo: Reach on the disc. It had issues downloading the TU because it had a different disc ID and the peeps at Microsoft just decided to give everyone a free GonD copy of the game. Here's where the question is: If I have the TU installed on my HDD, can I use this disc? Also, what happens now if I insert the disc into a non-preview console, since the preview was for stuff that came out in fall 2011? Thanks.

You pretty much can't use it other than for single player/ pre TC LAN/splitscreen

Wouldn't doing both cross-gen would also help with the game sales?

I realize they have to push for the XB1, but seeing as XB1 version has the advantage of cloud and dat 60fps plus Dedis the more better experience will be on XB1 than 360 in this pov.

It almost seems like the next Halo will be a timed exclusive until they might plan on bringing it to the 360 if they plan on it.

Woorloog

Banned
the advantage of cloud

???

EDIT yes yes, it can be, theoretically, of some advantage. In practice, it isn't really, not any more than a dedicated server is. (And of course, it ain't, strictly speaking, platform-specific advantage).
If you used it to mean "dedicated servers" then i didn't say anything.

EDIT are there any games that, supposedly, take advantage of the Xbone cloud processing while online but not playing an online mode? What happens if one loses connection while playing such?

daedalius

I could think of worse ways to spend Friday night.

You are making a graphic novel Daedalius?

Yea I work on it in between other art jobs(and occasionally free time), lately I've been pretty busy with those. I'd say I'm technically in pre-production for the graphic novel at the moment.

It's a long term project for sure.

Top Bottom