• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Just release the trilogy on Xbox one and PC and be done with it. 2014 would then be pretty interesting to me :)

IF they ever did this, I would be so interested to see the populations across each game. A 1:1 remake all released on the console at/around the same time would be very exciting.

CE vs Halo 2 vs Halo 3 at the same time? I don't think many would play Halo 3.. comparatively at least.

RoKKeR

IF they ever did this, I would be so interested to see the populations across each game. A 1:1 remake all released on the console at/around the same time would be very exciting.

CE vs Halo 2 vs Halo 3 at the same time? I don't think many would play Halo 3.. comparatively at least.

I'd play Halo 3 over the other two on pretty much every occasion, but I've always been biased to H3.

I'd play Halo 3 over the other two all day but I've always been biased to H3.

Trust me, if you played those 3 games side by side, you would not choose to play Halo 3 lol

Halo 3 gameplay was loved because people either started with that game or they just got used to it. In 2007, their only option was to move on from Halo 2 or continue to deal with lag and a subpar experience compared to what Halo 3 was offering with Forge, Theater, Campaign co-op, improvements to MM (veto system, less lag (at least at first), etc.), Spartan customization, etc., so what do you think was the better option in their eyes?

People naturally moved on and accepted the changes, whether they were conscious of them or not.

I can't even think if how nice halo 3's campaign would look. Same with halo 2. I bet more people would play 3 though. Assuming halo 2 didn't have any of the new features from later games.

Matchmaking could be handled in a hub, where each game has its own sub playlists.

Imma make u so darn rekt u gonna wish i didnt rekt u.

BK.
Goose Wars eh? Sounds like a manbaby born in Halo 3! Hog Wars only exists in CE, so download the PC version and let's do it ;]

I'll stream it too so the rest of the world can know who the true CHAMPION Wheelman is. Spoilers:
It's always been
and always will be
me.
They all got issues. Halo 3 was the one I enjoyed the most despite its issues though.
You enjoyed being killed by an enemy's melee AFTER you used yours? Some silly decisions in that game, like the BR.

Nebula

Goose Wars eh? Sounds like a manbaby born in Halo 3! Hog Wars only exists in CE, so download the PC version and let's do it ;]

I'll stream it too so the rest of the world can know who the true CHAMPION Wheelman is. Spoilers:
It's always been
and always will be
me.

You enjoyed being killed by an enemy's melee AFTER you used yours? Some silly decisions in that game, like the BR.

You can only do so much to resolve the issues brought in by a P2P connection.

Maybe when I get a PC that can handle stuff above minesweeper.

Let's not go down this road.
Where do baby's come from

Original trilogy MPs side by side, I think 2 would come out on top.
With CE people didn't really get to experience online as much as the others. 3 is still playable (barely for some) on the 360.

RoKKeR

Trust me, if you played those 3 games side by side, you would not choose to play Halo 3 lol

I have and I'll trust my own opinion on this one. ;)

Yeah Halo 3 MM online has plenty of bullshit but overall I get the most enjoyment out of it, not to mention all of the extra stuff added in and I think it's my favorite campaign...though I've never really decided on that one.

So next weekend sounds like it's gonna be pretty fun with Heavies and Multi-team...

I would play Halo 2 on Live over any other... if I got host every time.

I have and I'll trust my own opinion on this one. ;)
Don't worry, you say that now but if it ever becomes a thing we'll see who was right ;]

Once you get that little taste of being nasty with the CE Pistol, you won't ever want to use the BR again. Fact. Can't be argued. Nope. Nuh uh.
-- I'll believe it when I see it. A mixed-species cantina scene != Star Wars.
Seeing as 343's new creative director is a Lucasarts vet, you betta start believing it's going all Star Wars.
Well well, the pieces are connecting. Wait till we see Jaba the Hutt in this bish!
Jul 'Mdama

Seeing as 343's new creative director is a Lucasarts vet, you betta start believing it's going all Star Wars.
sparth_06.jpg

Would really like an X-wing vs. Sabre dog fight in a new halo game. Mainly just badass space dog fights using a Sabre and that one jet space craft chief was using in the Midnight mission.

Ooh sounds like great fun banshee bombing all those people.

That's a broadsword Gundam.
Ohh thanks storm! They seem like they're about the same in terms of Shields, Speed, Maneuverability, and Fire Power. Except the Broadsword was equipped with a Havok missile in 4.

Chettlar

Banned
Duplo is a sub-brand of Lego bricks that has pieces that are twice the length, width and depth of normal bricks, meant for toddlers.

I know that. Used to play with them, long, long ago. Still not understanding.

What, Halo is now the Duplo of Bungie's Legos? Oh please no. The frightful thing is that's kind of true regarding Halo 4, sorta.

Caladrius

I know that. Used to play with them, long, long ago. Still not understanding.

What, Halo is now the Duplo of Bungie's Legos? Oh please no. The frightful thing is that's kind of true regarding Halo 4, sorta.

My bad.

And Halo 4 is more reminiscent of the Mega Bloks to Bungie's output. Similar, but not having quite the same spirit.

Mistel

Banned
Ohh thanks storm! They seem like they're about the same in terms of Shields, Speed, Maneuverability, and Fire Power. Except the Broadsword was equipped with a Havok missile in 4.
I'd say the sabre is slightly better more agile maybe a tad slower than a broadsword though.

DUPLO thing must be a reference to H5's forge.

Also, Forge's monitor sounds needs to be lowered, you either get used to it or end up with brain diarrhea after five minutes of forging.

Omni

Random thought.. If Halo 5 has dedicated servers, does that mean we'd have to 'hire' them (à la BF3/4) for private matches?

Just played a couple games of Halo 4 for the first time in almost 5 months, and if you actually tune out the problems with the game and stare off into space, it can be pretty tolerable.

I'd rather play a game that was fun, not tolerable.

but whatever floats your boat.

*shrugs*

Felt like playing Halo

Omni

I'm considering buying Spartan Assault on 360 just so I can get that cool DMR skin...

I think I need professional help

Yet still no new news to talk about :(
Technically we should be talking about 4, I guess...

I haven't played 4 in what feels like months. I thought my Xbox live sub had ran out months ago when it hadn't.

I have been planning on doing a marathon of the halo games in chronological order fairly soon, though I wonder if I should just wait for the better enhanced anniversary edition to come out first... I don't mind halo 4's campaign though, so that will be fun to play through again.

Top Bottom