• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Fuchsdh

2881816379_c9972cf246.jpg

can we get these in a game pls

The white one looks kind of cool, but yeah I don't see any reason to make things more ridiculous sandbox-wise. The problem with those weapons for me is fundamentally I don't see what problems the different designs solve; they just feel like dev concepts rather than actual weapons.

I'm all for adding more and better armor and weapon skins in the next game. Seems like a far better option for progression than the number of ugly or redundant armor perms. A blend of the Reach armory and Halo 4's options seems like a good bet. Let people work at gaining XP or whatever and then choose what to buy. Also, come up with a better way of distinguishing skill ranks and play ranks. I'd love for some sort of icon that allowed people to see your play level and "veterancy" at a glance, even if it was just a medal design with the number inside it.

Ghazi

Nl3vNM7.jpg

Maxing out Forerunner Ordnance commendation gets you these as alternate Gravity Hammer / Energy Sword skins pls

Those look nothing remotely similar to what they'd be skins for.

No.

edit: My point is, they'd have to redo the animations and hitboxes of the weapons to pull that off. That's a big no no, so let's just stick to color/pattern changes.

TCKaos

Directly edit Reach and Halo 4 gametype files via an XML converter

for those that want to get down to the core of editing gametypes. (does not allow you to cheat)

writeup on halomods

It lets you write Megalo scripts for BOTH Reach and Halo 4. In a really brute force way, he's working on an IDE so you can more naturally write them.

I haven't looked at any of the code, but is there a way that I could spawn the flagnum/flag in a non-ctf gametype and attribute specific traits and abilities to the flag carrier?

Say, limiting only the flag carrier to being able to arm an extraction point, or some such.

Because Assault.

FyreWulff

I haven't looked at any of the code, but is there a way that I could spawn the flagnum/flag in a non-ctf gametype and attribute specific traits and abilities to the flag carrier?

Say, limiting only the flag carrier to being able to arm an extraction point, or some such.

Because Assault.

I'd think you could. It certainly makes sense you could, because you could spawn the flag object whenever in each game. Also an example in Reach would be Headhunter and Haloball using the oddball skull as a generic object, even though the gametype wasn't Oddball.

http://kornnersoftware.com/yelo/halo4/CTF.xml

This appears to be where the object is set up:

Code:
<ObjectFilters>
<Filter labelIndex="ctf" name="ctf"/>
<Filter labelIndex="ctf_flag_return" name="ctf_flag_return" min="1"/>

this seems to be where the flag object is spawned

Code:
<E type="Action" name="CreateObject">
<Param type="ObjectTypeIndex">flag</Param>
<Param type="ObjectReference" varRefType="Team.ObjectVar" dataType="Iterator.Team">TeamObject1</Param>
<Param type="ObjectReference" varRefType="Team.ObjectVar" dataType="Iterator.Team">TeamObject0</Param>
<Param type="ObjectFilterIndex">NONE</Param>
<Param type="CreateObjectFlags">NeverGarbage</Param>
<Param type="UInt24">3</Param>
<Param type="NameIndex">NONE</Param>

At that point I think what you'd want to is check to see if the flag carrier is intersecting with a Hill and then go from there.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

for those that want to get down to the core of editing gametypes. (does not allow you to cheat)

writeup on halomods

It lets you write Megalo scripts for BOTH Reach and Halo 4. In a really brute force way, he's working on an IDE so you can more naturally write them.

halo is saved

I can't wait to see the awesome gametypes people are going to make.

343 should just release an official gametype creator already.

John Wayne

Neo Member
I don't understand something about Halo 4. Some days it's a blast to play but other times it just sucks. It might just be the mood I'm in who knows. I wish it was fun all the time because
I got nothing else to play.

Madness

I don't understand something about Halo 4. Some days it's a blast to play but other times it just sucks. It might just be the mood I'm in who knows. I wish it was fun all the time because
I got nothing else to play.

I feel the same way. Depends who you get team wise. Sometimes I get a great group of guys and for like 5-6 matches in a row I have a blast. Sometimes I get a bunch of losers who don't do much just do random stuff, no team work.

343 is nailing the gameplay aspect. Now they need to focus on matchmaking. Pre/Post game chat, both teams, teams only face teams etc.

It's good they got a much better post-launch sustain team. Though all this shit with XbOne, who knew the biggest threat to HaloGAF wasn't the halo game but the fact MS will drive off fans to another console.

Sole reason I want XbOne is because I just couldn't stand having a ps4 and seeing Halo 5/Halo One released. I don't even know if I want to support two consoles, two different subscriptions etc. I can easily afford it, just seems pointless. I have a huge feeling gears will be timed exclusive or even multiplatform next gen.

John Wayne

Neo Member
I feel the same way. Depends who you get team wise. Sometimes I get a great group of guys and for like 5-6 matches in a row I have a blast. Sometimes I get a bunch of losers who don't do much just do random stuff, no team work.

343 is nailing the gameplay aspect. Now they need to focus on matchmaking. Pre/Post game chat, both teams, teams only face teams etc.

It's good they got a much better post-launch sustain team. Though all this shit with XbOne, who knew the biggest threat to HaloGAF wasn't the halo game but the fact MS will drive off fans to another console.

Sole reason I want XbOne is because I just couldn't stand having a ps4 and seeing Halo 5/Halo One released. I don't even know if I want to support two consoles, two different subscriptions etc. I can easily afford it, just seems pointless. I have a huge feeling gears will be timed exclusive or even multiplatform next gen.

I think my problem is just big team battle has a lot of lost potential. It shows great moments of awesomeness with epic vehicle battles then shortly goes away with stupidness. The game is just not consistent with me. I can't tell you how many things have happen that just drive me crazy. The game shines when a big team battle game is going good with great vehicle battles. Also Slayer Pro is awful. Should never be in big team, never!

Madness

I think my problem is just big team battle has a lot of lost potential. It shows great moments of awesomeness with epic vehicle battles then shortly goes away with stupidness. The game is just not consistent with me. I can't tell you how many things have happen that just drive me crazy. The game shines when a big team battle game is going good with great vehicle battles. Also Slayer Pro is awful. Should never be in big team, never!

We can never be friends now, sorry. I think Slayer pro is the best thing to have ever happened to big team battle in Halo 4. No more infinity bullshit, no more stickies and plasma pistol every map. Vehicles are useful again, gunplay is improved etc. The addition of radar again will make it perhaps one of the best playlists in the game.

It's gotten to the point where I don't vote at all now and if I see infinity going to win, I back out. If it happens 3 times, and I'm forced into a match and its infinity, I won't lie, I just turn off my 360 then.

John Wayne

Neo Member
We can never be friends now, sorry. I think Slayer pro is the best thing to have ever happened to big team battle in Halo 4. No more infinity bullshit, no more stickies and plasma pistol every map. Vehicles are useful again, gunplay is improved etc. The addition of radar again will make it perhaps one of the best playlists in the game.

It's gotten to the point where I don't vote at all now and if I see infinity going to win, I back out. If it happens 3 times, and I'm forced into a match and its infinity, I won't lie, I just turn off my 360 then.

Let's agree to disagree my friend. I like Slayer Pro, it's just that no radars is dumb for big team. That's my only complaint! You can call me a casual, but I dun care! I hate no radars with a passion. It just ruins the games for me. I do admit Slayer Pro does offer the best vehicle mayhem. lol

Sweet! Can we please put Multiflag in there at some point?

Agreed, it is weird and too slow not having BTB CTF yet.

writeup on halomods

Now this I have to check out.

Madness

Let's agree to disagree my friend. I like Slayer Pro, it's just that no radars is dumb for big team. That's my only complaint! You can call me a casual, but I dun care! I hate no radars with a passion. It just ruins the games for me. I do admit Slayer Pro does offer the best vehicle mayhem. lol

No no, not saying casual at all. And I agree about no radar being a huge turn off for a lot of people that's why they're bringing it back for Slayer pro big team in the next update. Hence why I said in the post above:
"The addition of radar again will make it perhaps one of the best playlists in the game."

There is no way any true Halo fan, especially one who loves the zanyness of big team and the vehicles, will hate Slayer pro with radar on. It makes the game so much better. Better teamwork, better map control and weapon control, no power weapon spam, no stick grenade spam.

TCKaos

the storm rifle is the only main that doesnt have a skin even on preorder dlc I think

One of the new figures comes with it. Either the Jackal or the Ranger Elite.

I'd think you could. It certainly makes sense you could, because you could spawn the flag object whenever in each game. Also an example in Reach would be Headhunter and Haloball using the oddball skull as a generic object, even though the gametype wasn't Oddball.

http://kornnersoftware.com/yelo/halo4/CTF.xml

This appears to be where the object is set up:

Code:
<ObjectFilters>
<Filter labelIndex="ctf" name="ctf"/>
<Filter labelIndex="ctf_flag_return" name="ctf_flag_return" min="1"/>

this seems to be where the flag object is spawned

Code:
<E type="Action" name="CreateObject">
<Param type="ObjectTypeIndex">flag</Param>
<Param type="ObjectReference" varRefType="Team.ObjectVar" dataType="Iterator.Team">TeamObject1</Param>
<Param type="ObjectReference" varRefType="Team.ObjectVar" dataType="Iterator.Team">TeamObject0</Param>
<Param type="ObjectFilterIndex">NONE</Param>
<Param type="CreateObjectFlags">NeverGarbage</Param>
<Param type="UInt24">3</Param>
<Param type="NameIndex">NONE</Param>

At that point I think what you'd want to is check to see if the flag carrier is intersecting with a Hill and then go from there.

If I could get rid of the waypoint it would mean the return of one-bomb Assault.

• Spawn one team with a flag (Kornman's already released a Halomods 1 Flag CTF gametype, so I know this is possible).
  • Set the sole extraction zone in the enemy base.
  • The conversion time would act as a stand-in for the arm time. Unfortunately I'm not sure if I could make it so that the defending team could then disarm the "bomb", due to the restriction of requiring a flag to arm/convert extraction zones, which would make it Halo 3/Reach Assault as opposed to glorious Halo 2 Assault.
  • Reducing both damage dealt and damage resistance would make it so that when the shockwave emitted when the extraction point is extracted would kill those in the immediate vicinity while also ensuring that players do the same damage to each other.

FyreWulff

One of the new figures comes with it. Either the Jackal or the Ranger Elite.

If I could get rid of the waypoint it would mean the return of one-bomb Assault.

• Spawn one team with a flag (Kornman's already released a Halomods 1 Flag CTF gametype, so I know this is possible).
  • Set the sole extraction zone in the enemy base.
  • The conversion time would act as a stand-in for the arm time. Unfortunately I'm not sure if I could make it so that the defending team could then disarm the "bomb", due to the restriction of requiring a flag to arm/convert extraction zones, which would make it Halo 3/Reach Assault as opposed to glorious Halo 2 Assault.
  • Reducing both damage dealt and damage resistance would make it so that when the shockwave emitted when the extraction point is extracted would kill those in the immediate vicinity while also ensuring that players do the same damage to each other.

If you ctrl-f for "navpoint" there's spots in the XML where it rigs up the waypoints. You should be able to get rid of it.

TCKaos

If you ctrl-f for (edit - wait, I have that wrong, give me a moment) there's a spot in the XML where it rigs up the waypoint. You should be able to get rid of it.

Well I know what I'm doing this weekend. Petrichor to be the first Assault compatible map.

Feels like Halo.
Trust us me.

Halo 3/Reach Assault did have a disarm. It was the Halo 2 one that didn't.

Even better. I think. I probably played Assault in 3/Reach less than ten times, and I can't remember if that's a good or a bad thing.

Well I know what I'm doing this weekend. Petrichor to be the first Assault compatible map.

Feels like Halo.
Trust us me.

Even better. I think. I probably played Assault in 3/Reach less than ten times, and I can't remember if that's a good or a bad thing.

If this makes an assault type into a matchmaking or test playlist I have some MS points to give you mate. Tashi or similar any chance of presenting an edited script gametype? Has such a thing been put forward to 343i with any success?

Yes just want assault back :)

FyreWulff

If this makes an assault type into a matching or test playlist I have some MS points to give you mate. Tashi any chance of presenting an edit script gametype? Has such a thing been put forward to 343i with any success?

Submitting modded or outside-scripted gametypes is not allowed

IHaveIce

Banned
So what can that thing do what I can't do with the Horizon editor? Serious question I have no clue.

Is the ditor from the seven sins guys out yet? I am really interested in removing aim assist and more ( strafe speed )

So what can that thing do what I can't do with the Horizon editor? Serious question I have no clue.

Technically with Megalo you'd be able to create gametypes from scratch, always withn the limitations of the script. I guess the most fthestar you'd go is creating an invasionesque gametype.

Some neat things which come to mind is resizing objects (physics get messed up) and adding text/widgets to your HUD plus much more.

37744697.jpg

Is the ditor from the seven sins guys out yet? I am really interested in removing aim assist and more ( strafe speed )

Not out yet. I'll wait till they release a real editor with a friendly UI and all since my knowledge on XML is limited.

I guess those who know about XML will try to go for the more crazy stuff earlier, can't wait.

halo is saved

343 should just release an official gametype creator already.

Won't happen, the modders will save us instead.

malfcn

Would it be possible to make an American Gladiators type of map?

Assault: Canon aimed towards a Spartan that had to make it to an area to score?
Breakthrough: Carry a ball to score through maybe a Shotgun?

Can someone please use that gametype editor to make a Halo Anniversary style gametype for Halo 4. I'm not asking for perfection just get it as close as reach.

John Wayne

Neo Member
No no, not saying casual at all. And I agree about no radar being a huge turn off for a lot of people that's why they're bringing it back for Slayer pro big team in the next update. Hence why I said in the post above:
"The addition of radar again will make it perhaps one of the best playlists in the game."

There is no way any true Halo fan, especially one who loves the zanyness of big team and the vehicles, will hate Slayer pro with radar on. It makes the game so much better. Better teamwork, better map control and weapon control, no power weapon spam, no stick grenade spam.

Oh snap. Didn't even notice about the new update with radars. Awesome. Once radar is back, the gametype will be my go-to for Halo.

Can someone please use that gametype editor to make a Halo Anniversary style gametype for Halo 4. I'm not asking for perfection just get it as close as reach.

From the se7ensins forum, maybe someone can find this helpful.

Take for example these values as they appear in CTF before the full blown weapons tuning roll out in matchmaking:
HTML:
    <WeaponTuning>
      <OneBarrelWeapons>
        <WarthogGunner_Gauss>
          <Value6>14.0004559</Value6>
          <Value7>11.9996414</Value7>
          <Value10>11.9996414</Value10>
          <Value11>9.999781</Value11>
        </WarthogGunner_Gauss>
      </OneBarrelWeapons>
    </WeaponTuning>

Valid elements in the <WeaponTuning> element are: "TwoBarrels", "OneBarrel", "OneBarrelWeapons", "TwoBarrelWeapons". The first two modify barrel-related data for such weapons. The latter two modify purely weapon related data for such weapons. I will leave it up to Lord Zedd to explain the values of each...Value# element should he chose to do so. Here are the weapon names you can use:

OneBarrel
Code:
BurstGun // suppressor
SpreadGun // scattershot
AttachBeam // binary_rifle
ScaleshotRifle//IncinerationCannon
MagnumPistol
AssaultRifle
MarksmanRifle // DMR
Shotgun
BattleRifle
SniperRifle
RocketLauncher
StickyGrenadeLauncher
LMG
Needler
Carbine
BeamRifle
StormRifle
ConcussionRifle
FlakCannon // FRG
Ghost
Wraith
WraithAntiInfantry
Banshee
BansheeBomb
WarthogGunner
WarthogGunner_Gauss
WarthogGunner_Rocket
Scorpion
ScorpionGunner // turret
MechChaingun
MechRocket
MagnumPistol_CTF
FloodTalons

TwoBarrels
Code:
HomingRifle // light rifle
StatisGun // bolt shot
SpartanLaser
RailGun
PlasmaPistol
PersonalAutoTurret

Example of how to modify the DMR's barrel tuning:
HTML:
    <WeaponTuning>
      <OneBarrel>
        <MarksmanRifle>
          <!--stick to using whole numbers in the 0 to 32767 range for these values-->
          <Value0>1</Value0> <!--rounds per second lower bound-->
          <Value1>1</Value1> <!--rounds per second upper bound-->
          <Value8>1</Value8> <!--bloom reset speed-->
        </MarksmanRifle>
      </OneBarrel>
    </WeaponTuning>

These are the values for OneBarrel/TwoBarrels:
Code:
value0 = rounds per sec lower
value1 = rounds per second upper
value2 = spin up acceleration time
value3 = spin up deceleration time
value4 = shots per fire lower
value5 = shots per fire upper
value6 = fire recovery time
value7 = soft recovery time
value8 = bloom reset speed
value9 = damage error lower
value10 = damage error upper
value11 = idklol
value12 = idklol
value13 = idklol
value14 = error angle
value15 = base bloom
value16 = bloom increase rate
value17 = Heat Generated Per Round
value18 = Charge Percentage Subtraction
value19 = idklol, Area of Effect Radius?
value20 = damage lower
value21 = damage upper min
value22 = damage upper max
value23 = proj damage range lower
value24 = proj damage range upper
value25 = buckshot accuracy
value26 = buckshot spread

These are the values for OneBarrelWeapons/TwoBarrelWeapons
Code:
value0 = Heat Recovery Threshold
value1 = Overheat Threshold
value2 = Heat Loss Per Second
value3 = Heat Illumination
value4 = Overheated Heat Loss Per Second
value5 = autoaim angle
value6 = autoaim long
value7 = autoaim short
value8 = autoaim minimum
value9 = magnetism angle
value10 = magnetism long
value11 = magnetism short
value12 = magnetism minimum
value13 = idklol, deviation angle?

**autoaim referring to when the reticule turns red, magnetism referring to how the reticule automatically follows moving enemies. The Long/Short refers to distance, and Minimum being a "safe" radius before autoaim and/or magnetism kicks in.**
**anything labeled 'idklol' is named as such because there wasn't any noticeable changes when modifying them, even on weapons that use them. They DO have a purpose, but we just don't know what it is at this time. If there is a name after it then that is an educated guess based on the tag structure in the mapfiles.**

As far as how to modify them in a sincere manner, it will be tricky if you do not have access to the mapfiles to see their original values. The values present in the gametype will override their original mapfile values.
You could grab to a matchmaking gametype though, as that will have the new tuning values you can use as reference.

JackHerer

My main issue with Slayer Pro in BTB is that on certain maps vehicles just become way too powerful and difficult to kill. The mantis is the biggest offender here. Especially on Ragnarok. The update just made it worse really.

You can stay alive in the Mantis for nearly the entire match without much difficulty if you have half decent team mates. You guys talk about the DMR limiting map movement but it's nothing compared to the Mantis on a map like that.

The only viable way to take it out is to get the Splaser that spawns on the hill every once in a while. But that is much easier said than done when the mantis is right on the other side and the other team is ready to shred you with team shot from all angles. So basically you end up with people hunkering down on their side of the map trying to pick each other off from long range. It's terrible.

John Wayne

Neo Member
My main issue with Slayer Pro in BTB is that on certain maps vehicles just become way too powerful and difficult to kill. The mantis is the biggest offender here. Especially on Ragnarok. The update just made it worse really.

You can stay alive in the Mantis for nearly the entire match without much difficulty if you have half decent team mates. You guys talk about the DMR limiting map movement but it's nothing compared to the Mantis on a map like that.

The only viable way to take it out is to get the Splaser that spawns on the hill every once in a while. But that is much easier said than done when the mantis is right on the other side and the other team is ready to shred you with team shot from all angles. So basically you end up with people hunkering down on their side of the map trying to pick each other off from long range. It's terrible.

Ragnarok is a flawed map. It still baffles me that it got a remake for Halo 4

Karl2177

TCKaos

Can we nerf the fucking Assault Rifle now? If I'm not staring directly at him and pulling the trigger to fire my first burst as soon as he starts to pull the trigger then I lose, and there's nothing I can do about it because all he has to do is just hose me down with bullets and the player inertia is still too high to strafe properly. There's no excuse for this. The automatics were fine before the patch, and now they're all godless killing machines that fear no beast or man, especially the SAW.

At least take it out of fucking Slayer Pro.

heckfu

Banned
Can we nerf the fucking Assault Rifle now? If I'm not staring directly at him and pulling the trigger to fire my first burst as soon as he starts to pull the trigger then I lose, and there's nothing I can do about it because all he has to do is just hose me down with bullets and the player inertia is still too high to strafe properly. There's no excuse for this. The automatics were fine before the patch, and now they're all godless killing machines that fear no beast or man, especially the SAW.

At least take it out of fucking Slayer Pro.

I've been talking with doctors today and they can't figure out how to help you with your umad disorder. They said they've never seen a case of umad this bad.

Top Bottom