• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

I'm glad that the new Spartan isn't Palmer (or Cortana, but that idea was too dumb to be real) but I'm kinda of disappointed it's another dude. All the female Spartans are either dead, trapped in the books and comics, or Palmer.

Kelly and Linda are uber spartans compared to MC but we got Palmer

Was illustrating why I was not available to be one of the 343 marines.

Or, I just need to adjust my meds again. The part about me being fired was true fact though. I believe they got sick of me showing up for IT strategy meetings with my replica WWE championship belt telling them I was the best in the world. People are just to serious these days.

Or, I just need to adjust my meds again. The part about me being fired was true fact though. I believe they got sick of me showing up for IT strategy meetings with my replica WWE championship belt telling them I was the best in the world. People are just to serious these days.

i wish gaf had some kind of Like button.

Madness

haPXylG.jpg

Visor was definitely cracked in the Halo 5 teaser reveal. Someone in the thread on gaming side said they saw Chief visor was still cracked but I tried zooming into the released image and didn't see it.

I wonder who designed the released image... Sparth?

Does anyone see any difference on the chief in the art compared to Halo 4? I don't see any but maybe you guys might.

its the same design maybe less bulky but still the same, the new spartan in other hand have a updated yet different Halo 4 armor design more like integrated armor instead of pieces floating around him.

wot

I don't often do this, but I'm going to go ahead and plug one of my concept pieces that I just whipped up for Halo 5:

Guardian

Leave feedback, I don't do this often, I like to look at every piece I put out as a learning experience.

Mabef

Banned
New Spartan is wearing a titanium mankini.

I don't often do this, but I'm going to go ahead and plug one of my concept pieces that I just whipped up for Halo 5:

Guardian

Leave feedback, I don't do this often, I like to look at every piece I put out as a learning experience.
I think your link is borked, it kept sending me to my personal soundcloud until I deleted the # in there. FTFY in the quote!
At first blush, I think you have the style down pat. Good choice of instruments and good pace to the music. Having those string notes hold for ~40 seconds is ballsy, and I gotta say it didn't work for me. The notes got on my nerves before they changed. Maybe that's just a problem with the dynamic or octave, I'm not sure. Overall I felt the song could use a little more movement to it, but I definitely heard the 'Halo' in it immediately (which is a big accomplishment!). The little swell at 1min is great. Keep it up yo

New Spartan is wearing a titanium mankini.

I think your link is borked, it kept sending me to my personal soundcloud until I deleted the # in there. FTFY in the quote!
At first blush, I think you have the style down pat. Good choice of instruments and good pace to the music. Having those string notes hold for ~40 seconds is ballsy, and I gotta say it didn't work for me. The notes got on my nerves before they changed. Maybe that's just a problem with the dynamic or octave, I'm not sure. Overall I felt the song could use a little more movement to it, but I definitely heard the 'Halo' in it immediately (which is a big accomplishment!). The little swell at 1min is great. Keep it up yo
Thanks for the feedback! I wasn't exactly sure what to do with the strings, i was messing with the different settings, and it went from being too far in the background to up in your grill. I definitely strived to get that "Halo" feel in it, so I'm glad it came across to you :)
For some reason its kicking me to my stream instead of the track

Fixed now in the OP.

RoKKeR

Just played my first game of Halo 4 in what must be more than 6 months. Legendary Slayer BRs on Haven? WOW! Where was that at launch? I'll take more of that please.

No armor abilities, loadouts, killstreaks, and I felt myself reverting to a Halo 3 competitive mindset. And the BR feels great at 4 shots, good stuff.

Guardian

Loved it. Some minor criticism but overall was great. It has a sad, darker sort of In Amber Clad fibe to it, yet also reminds me of some of 4s music.
It fits Halo.

Guardian

This is really good. I like it a lot. Reminds me of Halo 4 mixed with Halo 2 stuff. Good job!

--

So any guesses on where this is? Looks old to me. The "Planet" has 2 suns. Tattooine? Architecture doesn't scream any particular species in Halo to me, but reminds me of Indo-Islamic architecture - maybe a bit reminiscent of Covenant with the bulbousness of it all like High Charity. The Brutes used red flags in Halo 2, but I'm not sure if that is their symbol or anything. Also, on the right side in the distance by the rock pillar, it looks like a giant statue of something. And there are flying sperms in the sky.

Reminds me a bit of Doisac from Halo Legends (Brute homeworld)

--

I will buy Halo collection day 1. If that is true (still don't believe it), then Microsoft are really going all out with Halo now.

Guardian

Nooooo! I'm literally in the middle of writing piece inspired by the new cover art called "Guardians"... I'm using all my own themes so it's still all original... but still.

What is that piano that you used from? I wish it had a warmer, darker sound in the lower range. It sounds kind of hollow down low. Also, I'd lower the beeps and boops. They're almost painfully high. Other than that though, good melodies and harmonies. Could be very beautiful if played on a better sounding piano.

What is that piano that you used from? I wish it had a warmer, darker sound in the lower range. It sounds kind of hollow down low. Also, I'd lower the beeps and boops. They're almost painfully high. Other than that though, good melodies and harmonies. Could be very beautiful if played on a better sounding piano.

Yeah, that's what I get for using the standard FL piano samples lol. In fact, everything you hear is just the default samples and VSTs, I just tweaked the fuck out of the settings. Looking back, I would've moved down the electronics down an octave, I might remaster this and re-release it, if i get bored.

I have found out over the course of time that my weakness is mastering, which is something I'll definitely try to work on in the future.

Monks or GTFO...

That being said, not bad "HebrewMenagerie".

The problem with that is, unless you have really good vox samples or a Gregorian men's choir on hand, there's not really many ways you can have a full out monk-chant. That being said, I do have a few ideas in mind.

I'm already really excited about the scope of the next game, visiting Sanghelios, that Mos Eisley planet or whatever, as well as maybe the Ark? In the past we've only gotten to visit 1, maybe two different locations each game, i wonder if they're going to go in a hybrid sort of campaign fashion, have a semi-open world where you play as unnamed ONI dude, trying to track down the Chief, and then it switches over to Chief, trying to find a way to bring back Cortana or something.

Filaipus

Banned
The exciting thing about this is that we have never really been to the home planet of any species (I think so, maybe my lore is failing here). I would love what would be their take on it.

lizardwizarding

Neo Member

Guardian

You need to introduce some rhythm, however faint (doesn't need to be consistent but rhythmic phrases outside of the melody to indicate movement -- with maybe some cleft bass accents, or reverb harp strings or e-bass in a very low octave -- think something like H1 AoTCR indoor areas. You don't need to change the key or lower the octaves of the midi inflections, instead gate the noise threshold so it's not blowing your ears out when it hits that high of a registry. You should check out Reaper if you haven't already as an alternative to FLStudio. You can patch in really nice things and VST's from Ableton, ProTools, Logic, etc. Can't skimp on piano samples. ;)

I enjoyed the outtro to the more familiar melody, it's a nice touch. Add more layers!

For whatever reasons (I think I kinda got a little bored of gaming) I never bothered to open my Halo 4 limited edition and play the damn game but goddamn all the news of Halo remakes has kicked my hype glands into overdrive. Time to brush off a couple of years of dust from the box and finally play this bad boy.

Wish me luck guys.

Please don't suck.

For whatever reasons (I think I kinda got a little bored of gaming) I never bothered to open my Halo 4 limited edition and play the damn game but goddamn all the news of Halo remakes has kicked my hype glands into overdrive. Time to brush off a couple of years of dust from the box and finally play this bad boy.

Wish me luck guys.

Please don't suck.

its like cod fucked halo and their baby is really shitty

Top Bottom