• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Yeah I've got zero intention of touching any multiplayer components outside of maybe running through it in co-op with my brother on legendary afterwards.

I just need my Master Chief/Cortana fix. Gonna miss Marty's music though :(

Havoc2049

Why you gotta kill my buzz like that? Haven't even opened up the box yet :(

LOL ;D

It isn't that bad. Some fun to be had. Like someone mentioned earlier, 343i has put in some fun play lists into the mix, such as Legendary Slayer BR's and a few others. I don't know, I've enjoyed Halo 4 multiplayer.

BTW, Uber-geeked with all the Halo news! Now I feel like geeking out this weekend and play some Halo 4 MP, finishing up the Kilo-5 trilogy and going out and buying all the Escalation comics. Madness!

JimiNutz

Banned
People have claim that the statue of the right (artwork) its an elite with an energy sword. You guys agree?

Thats what it looks exactly like to me. Hoping it's the Elite homeworld.

Or Arbiter took loads of steroids between Halo 3 and 5 and got swol...
He could follow you around and be like your giant Elite titan.

Madness

Watching Soldier again. Imagining this is what Halo 5 may be for a bit. Chief is the old broken soldier with experience. The new one is leaner, faster, but still has a lot to learn.

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
Watching Soldier again. Imagining this is what Halo 5 may be for a bit. Chief is the old broken soldier with experience. The new one is leaner, faster, but still has a lot to learn.

They begin their romancing on this alien homeworld far from home; they teach one another, learn from one another -- grope one another.

Chief finds that he can love again- and it's inside this new, sleek, sexy MJOLNIR power armor. Chief just loves the way his finger-armor-tips find their way all around that damn exquisite suit... Bliss.

I'll see myself out.

Madness

They begin their romancing on this alien homeworld far from home; they teach one another, learn from one another -- grope one another.

Chief finds that he can love again- and it's inside this new, sleek, sexy MJOLNIR power armor. Chief just loves the way his finger-armor-tips find their way all around that damn exquisite suit... Bliss.

I'll see myself out.

ix2STy5.jpg

Tawpgun

All S-4's look pretty similar so I can see why some people thought that.

Also with HD collection w/ Halo 2 Anniversary is slowly getting me back into Halo hype.
Is this even confirmed? I mean, this is the ideal scenario... It's basically Halo 2 Anniversary with MP plus ports of halo cea, halo 3 and 4 included.

But I can totally see it being just the 4 halos campaigns

Havoc2049

They need to bring back aDLC map playlist. Haven't seen The Pit or Vertigo.... ever.

They need to go old school Halo 2 style and just make all the DLC for Halo 4 free in June at E3 and then for one Matchmaking update cycle, have nothing but DLC maps in all the playlists. Probably not gonna happen, but it would be cool.

Booties

Banned
Did that master chief collection get debunked yet? That sounds like a terrible idea. Why would anyone buy halo 4 again? Is this just to get the games ported to the xbox one? What about H2A?

wwm0nkey

Did that master chief collection get debunked yet? That sounds like a terrible idea. Why would anyone buy halo 4 again? Is this just to get the games ported to the xbox one? What about H2A?
Its a special bundle w/H2A apparently. Will probably be SP only for 1, 3 and 4 and H2A will be the only remaster w/ MP and others will be ports.

Booties

Banned
Why anyone who frequents a Halo thread wouldn't want more Halo options is beyond me. How is this anything but a win for the Halo fan.

We want quality, not some rehashed crap that isn't worth money. Most wil buy it regardless, a lot will spend top dollar, but we are still pretty practical about what the content should provide.

wwm0nkey

We want quality, not some rehashed crap that isn't worth money. Most wil buy it regardless, a lot will spend top dollar, but we are still pretty practical about what the content should provide.
Playing Halo CEA in 1080, a completly remastered Halo 2 w/MP, and 3/4 in 1080p all in one package seems pretty good to me and like you said people will buy it. If you don't want to, too bad? Wait and see if Halo 5 will be good then.

And now it begins.

343 absolutely has to take control of this opportunity. The fans are ready, Halo has the chance to make a drastic come back.

EDIT: Interesting discussion here about competitive Halo. Puckett mentions CE not having online (it did) and then spoke highly of Halo 2 (rightfully so, but it's also the game he grew most with in the public scene), and then he mentions how Halo 3 was a decline in gameplay because it pretty much artificially forced teamwork on you instead of allowing a single player to be really effective. It was like this in Halo 2 as well (button glitches helped with the speed/feel of the game though, regardless of intention), albeit not as bad, but it just goes to show that Halo 3 could've arguably had a hand in the competitive decline of this franchise.

After Halo 2, the next game was going to be massively successful regardless. Halo 3 was inevitably going to become popular in the competitive scene as they entered into the HD era and brought with it features like Theater and Forge. The gameplay though was definitely not what it should have been after 3 years of Halo 2 and fans wanting a faster, more consistent and skill-based Halo game.

If nothing else, Halo 2 Anniversary has the potential to bring Halo back into the competitive scene and Halo 5 to blow it out the water. Either way, the time feels right.

Sofa King

Again, I don't get how people who frequent Halo threads have issues with high quality high def remakes of the games that made them Halo fans in the first place. Halo 4 aside, if I am getting CE, 2 and 3 with multiplayer for 100 bucks on XBO, that will definitely make me happy until Halo 5. If you think the proposed set of games is "rehashed crap", I fail to understand why you care about this game series in the first place.

Top Bottom