• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Nothing yet. Pretty sure we'll see some new characters at E3 and EVO though. I would imagine Riptor and Cinder would come back since they're fan favorites, but I want all the originals to come back (even KI2 cast) since there's only 6 originals left.

if we dont see anything about a NetherRealm fighter at E3 or any news about KI im gonna be disappointed.

keezy

the anniversary game would be for the Xbox One, not the 360.

Right I hear ya. I was thinking playing Halo 3 on 360 would hold me off until that was released on Xbone.. If it's released that is(Fingers crossed).

There will probably be deals for last gen consoles on black friday (if you live in US). So unless you're dying to play I'd recommend waiting

If that collection is confirmed I'd grab an Xbone around this time.

Booties

Banned
Will H2A with matchmaking even be that popular? Halo 3 went free for players with gold and nobody played that very long.

Lol, nobody is playing Halo 4. There are around 2000 online? xD

Well, it is 8 AM on a weekday during the school year still.

Faith

I remember the time when Halo 3 used to have around 400.000 online players. Good old Halo times.

I hope the Halo 5 MP will last longer.

Will H2A with matchmaking even be that popular? Halo 3 went free for players with gold and nobody played that very long

Competing against Call of Duty, Destiny, Evolve, and Battlefield(?) probably not. But it doesn't really matter to me as long as I can find games.

However you wanna see it, sure. Halo 4 is my favourite 'conventional' Halo game, behind ODST.
I enjoy playing BF and like that there's destructible environments and I wonder how that could benefit the dynamic of Halo.

There's nothing wrong in wanting a feature or mechanic to be added into a game you enjoy and see how well or not they work in it. But as you can already tell from other gaffers expressing how ADS can change a whole lot in Halos MP it's something like working on a formula/equation and trying to polish it even further. Devs pick what works and what doesn't and see if their tinkering with ideas pays off or not. Now if you were to add ADS in Campaign or your own custom mod playground in a mode, that won't ultimately change things. But it's sort of wasting resources on what's not really needed if it's a default feature (sort of how I feel with Sprint in MP).

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
hJGvtpR.gif

jTMGD1C.jpg

F9PufP8.png

CKOHDzq.jpg

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-minecraft-enemy-skins-revealed-for-the-halo-mash-up-pack

Chettlar

Banned
Think about it yourself. In a game where speed, movement, melee, grenades, vehicles, and a wide assortment of weapons come into play, what makes you think slowing to a crawl to look through a tiny sight will make the game better? Especially since your helmet/hud has a reticle that basically pinpoints where your shot will land, and that you have zoom in case you need to see further for weapons like sniper etc. There is no question it would detract from the fast paced gameplay of Halo. It's not needed, nor is it wanted.

itseXxSmaRQVE.gif

Watch this gif and tell me how the guy would benefit from ADS in this situation?

WAIT JUST ONE SECOND.

I just noticed this. The guy in the gif doesn't actually kill the other guy! Look, he gets an assist medal.

unless I'm just being dumb and have no working eyes

GhaleonEB

WAIT JUST ONE SECOND.

I just noticed this. The guy in the gif doesn't actually kill the other guy! Look, he gets an assist medal.

unless I'm just being dumb and have no working eyes

You can see tracer lines come in from the left to steal the kill assist them.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Either Frankie's trolling or the Minecraft stuff is merely the first (not only) Halo game thing to come out this year.

Homeboyd

Either Frankie's trolling or the Minecraft stuff is merely the first (not only) Halo game thing to come out this year.
He did use a picture of a bee and gin rather than a convict, some tin and the letter "u" which I think was the actual quote.

(Was it that the journey begins or continues in 2014?)

Edit: odd, you want to run an ass train?

Please. I don't want to argue or debate ADS. Just my thoughts.

Well, good thing you made all these posts if you don't want to debate or argue about it. Bringing up a controversial opinion is probably not the best way to avoid vigorous discussion.

All I've said is I wouldn't be disappointed if they added it. I think it would add to the experience, especially the way Halo 4 shifted the series' identity.

It's not something that really constitutes a debate as it's all subjective.

There's no 'list of reasons' for me to present to you as the enjoyment associated with the addition (or not) of ADS is purely subjective, as you've shown already. Some will love it, some will not.

Subjective doesn't mean "unexplainable". What do you like about it? Why do you think it would be fun in a Halo game?

I somehow wrote several paragraphs explaining in detail why I think ADS would change Halo gameplay I consider enjoyable, so surely you can muster up a few words about how you think it would enhance it. It might indeed boil down to you enjoying ADS more than exploiting the golden triangle, and that's okay I guess. I would suggest you got play any of the other 6,000 games that play that way instead of suggesting Halo become one of them, however.

But as long as you refrain from explaining your ideas, it makes your subjective opinion look objectively poorly thought-out.

EDIT: Bonus on-topic question would be what you like about 343i's additions to the Halo sandbox in Halo 4?

Top Bottom