• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Competa

Banned
I was 10 when Halo CE was released... I'm 22 now and soon 23, but still going strong on halo though, no speed brakes there, Haha.

Damn...

I'm literally begging for Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer to make up for the M-game free purgatory my parents put me in.

i0Fj4iM0c6RVe.png

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
Didn't know most of HaloGAF were a bunch of Halo 2 scrubs. Thought ya'll were good.

I remember being a little twerp 15-year-old at my first MLG for H2 and seeing all the fanfare and competition. It was a pretty surreal experience.

I'm grinning so hard. H2 can't come soon enough. Man that feels weird saying that. Oh wheels.

I remember being a little twerp 15-year-old at my first MLG for H2 and seeing all the fanfare and competition. It was a pretty surreal experience.

I'm grinning so hard. H2 can't come soon enough. Man that feels weird saying that. Oh wheels.

Not going to be the same though. The community when Halo 2 released,etc. Things only happen once in a life time.

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
Not going to be the same though. The community when Halo 2 released,etc. Things only happen once in a life time.

The lobbies; the being at awe at someone with a 40 in hardcore joining the lobby; the superbouncing; the random late night team training on Zanzibar; the scrims on Lockout at a standstill 48-49; staying up for the release of Relic and Terminal being amazed at how big and cool they were; teleporting on Warlock and shotgunning someone then porting back through and doubl-shotting a guy going up green-ramp...Tour De' Walsh on Midship with no score limit...and on and on...

What if they got it right. Could you imagine going back to that beautiful game with all the time that has passed, all the friendships and bonds made over XBL -- to return once more... ;)

Chettlar

Banned
I can't even really say what my KD is. It's incredibly inconsistent, even game to consecutive game. One game I'll be all 0:20 and then the next 20:10 and the next 9:1 and then 1:7 and then the next 25:6 with five double kills, two triple kills, a killing sprees, two kill joys, and a shotgun spree.

And this can all be against mostly the same people on the same map

Back before the first rank reset I remember being blown away by someone with a 24 in Team Slayer.

Now everyone is a champion.

For srs, I think I remember being super stoked moving up to a 17 in Team Slayer. And the planets and stuff were reserved for stand-byers...

It makes me sad to see all those stats and not one objective stat, fuck, come on people lift your game.

Also I'd love to see a quit/DNF % along with those dashboard stats.

ADS is great

you can't explain that

ibaZ4jHAdqYgnI.png

New Halo 5 ADS perk lets the user slow down time and shoots noodles that immobilizes its targets.

In Halo 5 the user can cycle between all AAs at any given time by pressing the AA button + the DPad to select one of four options.

DPad Up: Noodle Fiber
- User's gun fire noodles. UNSC versions are crunchy, Covenant versions are floppy, Forerunner versions are spagooder and make it the fall out of enemys pockets. Grenades explode into noodles as well.

DPad Right: ADS
- All scopes are replaced with Aim Down Sights that are covered in ads. The Energy Sword is not affected by the ads, much like Sprint slowdown, and the Energy Sword is exponentially more powerful scoped in due to a bug that causes the sword to extend and cut anyone targeted in the aim down sight. Shooting someone causes them to look down their aim down sights.

DPad Down: Armor Lock
-
roids.png

DPad Left: Dubble Down
- All guns fire unmastered dubstep in excess of -6db and will burst the eardrums of anyone in the game.

Promethean Vision can be toggled via Kinect, Active Camo passively activates after 3 seconds of crouching or inactivity, and Jetpack activates by pressing the AA button in midair.

Madness

ADS is great

you can't explain that

ADS brings extreme value to an overused and outdated weapons aiming/firing system. Through the use of highly sophisticated coding techniques, developers will be able to incorporate the latest in ADS mechanics, thereby providing for, not only past fans of the series, but new fans as well, an ability to play the game with a variety of aiming options. ADS, truly making the world a better place.

Edit: I guess no one watches Silicon Valley? When I heard those buzzwords of added value, variety without explanation, it was the first thing I thought of. "Making the world a better place", tech crunch disrupt?

aj1467

I only have 17 games of Halo 2 matchmaking because my parents didn't allow me to go on Xbox Live till the Halo 3 days. Been playing it a lot on xbc lately. Feel like I missed out massively >_>

My stats:

Halo 2: 17 games. 0.78 k/d.
Halo 3: 4197 games. 0.94 ranked, 1.04 social.
Halo Reach (had to get my stats off waypoint cause the site can't find them): 782 games. 1.22 k/d.
Halo 4: 2641 games. 1.35 k/d.

ADS brings extreme value to an overused and outdated weapons aiming/firing system. Through the use of highly sophisticated coding techniques, developers will be able to incorporate the latest in ADS mechanics, thereby providing for, not only past fans of the series, but new fans as well, an ability to play the game with a variety of aiming options. ADS, truly making the world a better place.

tumblr_m101qy89rX1r2p3x5o6_250.gif

belushy

Banned
For some reason my old account is not showing my H2 stats. I played for hours on end the summer after its release, but it doesn't remember. :(

H2... the good old days when everyone had a mic... Oddball glitch on Midship, Grenades that shot out warthogs on Containment, Super bounces, Waterworks, Zombies... I was 10 or 11 I think... I doubt I really understood at the time how great it was.

789shadow

Banned
ibfQIGo2HZevEM.gif

belushy

Banned
So the discussions in this thread have been pretty cool lately, so I want to start a discussion on...

1-Life, Round Based gametypes. One of the only things I like about Call Of Duty is competitive SnD. Would you guys like to see a gametype like it in Halo? If no a clone of SnD, then maybe some gametype that revolves around 1-Life, Round Based?

Maybe a gametype like what was used for Shootmania during its IPL days. The premise was three defenders of one point (memory is blurry, it might have been two points) against 1 attacker. The attacker would have multiple paths, and either had to defeat all players or capture the point. Here is some gameplay. Obviously a gametype like this would need a lot of work for it to work on Halo.

So the discussions in this thread have been pretty cool lately, so I want to start a discussion on...

1-Life, Round Based gametypes. One of the only things I like about Call Of Duty is competitive SnD. Would you guys like to see a gametype like it in Halo? If no a clone of SnD, then maybe some gametype that revolves around 1-Life, Round Based?

Maybe a gametype like what was used for Shootmania during its IPL days. The premise was three defenders of one point (memory is blurry, it might have been two points) against 1 attacker. The attacker would have multiple paths, and either had to defeat all players or capture the point. Here is some gameplay. Obviously a gametype like this would need a lot of work for it to work on Halo.
didnt halo 2 or 3 have a mode?i could have sworn it did.

belushy

Banned
Yeah, the options have always been there in Customs. When Ricochet came out, I tried making a 1-life gametype... I forgot what was stopping it from progressing, but I know I didn't get too far into it before getting frustrated at the lack of customs options for Ricochet. Didn't know about Team Tactical when I was playing, but Slayer doesn't really sound like it would be fun as a 1-life gametype.

iMax

Well, good thing you made all these posts if you don't want to debate or argue about it. Bringing up a controversial opinion is probably not the best way to avoid vigorous discussion.

Haha nothing to do with NeoGAF and I don't think anyone was "hostile".

You just have a really bad opinion and keep pushing it --- and then turning around and saying that you're not here to argue. Classic, so classic.

iIQHqslCpSyeg.gif

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
I actually think a life based gametype based around objective could be really neat. Maybe 3 lives instead of 1 and something a little more nuanced than SnD(which was great). Something like invasion as a multi-stage event but obviously geared toward competitive 4v4, could be really interesting I think.

It's not like you weren't being insufferable or anything...

dumbledore_welp.gif

IHaveIce

Banned
I can't look up Halo 2 stats and not all of my Hqlo 3 stats because I had like 3-4 gamertags through that time.

Also lots of young folks here, and old ones, looking at you Kittens

iMax

Is it really such a huge deal to ask someone to explain their opinion?

Apparently yes

It's not like you weren't being insufferable or anything...

dumbledore_welp.gif

iMax, c'mon bruh. Do not leave like this.

We not bad people―we just super ultra deluxe opinionated.

Yeah, Prinz, it kinda is.

All I've done is state that I'm quite fond of something that you aren't. A freaking game mechanic. And I get mauled like a pigeon on a chip.

This isn't a research paper. It's a discussion board. Just because I express an opinion, contrary to what you might think, I really don't have to qualify it against your ideals or justify it with evidence in order to validate its merit. Do you understand that? I'm not saying that objectively ADS is best for Halo. I never had. All I've said is that I'm fond of it and I wouldn't have a problem if it was introduced. Clearly, you, on the other hand would. Do you see me demanding a fucking list of all the reasons why it needs to stay away from the series? No. Because I understand that it's something that's taken subjectively and people will have different views on it. Just because people have written a bunch of reasons why it should 'stay away', it's not going to change my stance on the subject. You understand that, right? It's a personal opinion, just like yours.

The amount of hostility I've received for voicing my thoughts is kinda unreal, dude. I don't think it's called for and I don't think it's reasonable. Oh, and insufferable? Seriously? You think me expressing a fondness for Halo 4 and the possibility of the addition of ADS is 'intolerable' and 'arrogant'? Jesus.

As I've said, I completely understand what a lot of you are saying. I know the formula has changed. I just happen to think that it's changed for the better. I don't have to justify that, or qualify it, or present a fucking platter of evidence. It's just my opinion. I can't explain to you why because it's not just a list of things — Halo 4, for me, just feels more enjoyable than the others.

As far as ADS go, maybe it'll be good for the series, maybe it won't. But either way, I really don't care. I personally think it would be a better fit for 343i's new take on the franchise which is probably why everyone here thinks they're considering it. Whatever they go with, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. You can all be entitled gamers if you want and demand this and that but I'm more than happy to just enjoy the game the designers (who will have user tested this for a far wider audience than HaloGAF, by the way) intended it to be.

You're getting Halo 2 without ADS, most likely – and a multiplayer that'll be true to form. I don't think Halo 2's multiplayer formula is suitable for Halo 5: Guardians – or vice versa. Things do evolve and things do change – not just for the sake of it. As much as I've loved playing 2 and 3 at the time, Halo 4 has taken the series somewhere that really resonates with me and my personal play style. If they want to evolve it further, I'm all for it. I'd rather try their approach and moan about it later rather than not trying it at all. And just because I think that, it doesn't make me right or wrong, because no formula's going to satisfy everyone.

OK? Cool. Rant over

pramthrow.gif

Top Bottom