• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

gAg CruSh3r

I'd imagine, that H2A would be available separately. I'd also imagine, that all the others will be available separately, one way or another(probably digitally).

40$ - H2A alone.
70-80$ - For all the ports digitally and H2A hard copy or digitally.
40-45$ - For all the ports (digitally) except H2A.

Maybe? $$$?

Master Chief collection sounds like a new name for the War collection that ntkrnl spoke about. My guess is that they didn't know if Halo CE:A could be ported over in time so they just dubbed it "War Collection" since you can't really call it a Master Chief collection without having his debut title.

With Halo CE:A on track for release they renamed it.

If that is the case then as ntkrnl said The Halo 1-4 collection will serve as the special edition of Halo 2 Anniversary. Halo CE:A, 3 and 4 will not be released on disc. It possible they could be download titles like the Fable Collection did but that is just me thinking outloud.

A quick look back at what he said

Halo 2 Anniversary Edition
  • Halo 5 beta access
  • Halo real time show... think Forward Unto Dawn (not the Spielberg stuff)
  • Someone told me there was going to be an alternative fucking ending. <-- I have zero info as to whether this is legitimate or not
  • Has Multiplayer, Sabre interactive and Certain Affinity working on it
  • Collectors Edition with the Beta access, the Halo series (not the Blomkamp one)
  • War Collection with the above, as well as ports of Halo 3 & 4 for XB1.
  • Halo 2 HD, Halo 3 Port, Halo 4 Port, Halo 5 all within 12 months

So

Halo 2 Anniversary with Halo 5 beta
Halo 2 Anniversary with Halo 5 beta + Show (maybe some fancy skull dlc or sutin)
Halo 2:A + Halo 3 + Halo 4 + Halo CE:A + TV Show + Halo 5 Beta

Edit

Are Maxi-Pad and Cheddar besties now?

GoDs DeMoNaToR

Neo Member
Welcome, What did you think of 4?

As I still frequently play it, I find it hard to play for long periods of time like I used to. I blame this due to the lack of competitive nature 4 gives. I also dislike invis and the jetpack greatly.

I could go into great detail how, I feel, they negatively impact game play. I'd rather they be on the map pickups. Otherwise I like how Titanfall handles invis as the reticule disappears when activated. I'd probably go even further and make it act as if you turned on the Blind skull and your HUD disappears completely.

Also, whose idea was it to give everybody the ability to start with plasma pistols and sticky grenades. Practically renders vehicles useless against competent players, especially Big Team.

Dont get me wrong, I like Halo 4. I just don't love it.

I liked it better when going off topic meant discussing Halo 5.
I'm probably going to get a refurbished Wii U from the Nintendo store for both Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. I have no idea what nintendo is doing right now. Both those games should have been released in the first 6 months and not over a year later.
00ddce11eb42d72fd22ab4b7d9875eea4419fd39916dbe8dd946dfe8558ec180.jpg

Ha. Guess it wasn't that funny, but I really am getting a Wii U. Halo 4. Wooo!!

Ghazi

00ddce11eb42d72fd22ab4b7d9875eea4419fd39916dbe8dd946dfe8558ec180.jpg

Ha. Guess it wasn't that funny, but I really am getting a Wii U. Halo 4. Wooo!!

My parents have a Wii U. Biggest waste of money ever, it's been untouched since the December that the thing came out. THEY ONLY EVER PLAYED WII GAMES ON IT.

I do want Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Pikman, W101, and (oh my god) motherf'ing Bayonetta 2, SON!

AlStrong

Currently playing some Invasion in Reach. Shit is so good. The mode had so much potential.

Can't believe they got rid of it in favour of Dominon or whatever

The Overrun/Survival mode in Gears Judgment kinda felt like what Invasion was trying to work towards. Would be great if they would try that again but with dedicated servers to handle the A.I./performance.

Ghazi

I thought this feeling was shame.

May 30 is my birthday, getting MK8 and Wind Waker as the free Club Nintendo game.
Nice! That was my plan as well, I love Club Nintendo. It's kinda looking like I won't hit Platinum this year, though :(

After MK8 and Wind Waker, I'll be like 150 coins away from it.

Nice! That was my plan as well, I love Club Nintendo. It's kinda looking like I won't hit Platinum this year, though :(

After MK8 and Wind Waker, I'll be like 150 coins away from it.
I'm almost there. I found a code for my wife's copy of Pokemon Heart Gold we never used. Which means I should have one for Soul Silver lying around...

But yeah, still playing Halo 4! So close to E3!

I always thought 343 would give the people who spent all this time invested in getting all these achievements something rewarding in game....oh well
Yeah, it would be nice. I don't have high hopes though; I don't think that your Waypoint Career score even includes gamerscore from Spartan Assault on Xbox One.

Competa

Banned
Master Chief collection sounds like a new name for the War collection that ntkrnl spoke about. My guess is that they didn't know if Halo CE:A could be ported over in time so they just dubbed it "War Collection" since you can't really call it a Master Chief collection without having his debut title.

If that is the case then as ntkrnl said The Halo 1-4 collection will serve as the special edition of Halo 2 Anniversary. Halo CE:A, 3 and 4 will not be released on disc. It possible they could be download titles like the Fable Collection did but that is just me thinking outloud.

So

Halo 2 Anniversary with Halo 5 beta + Show (maybe some fancy skull dlc or sutin)

Edit

So. Much. Hype ! I can't take it !

i have no idea to that question

Fracas

#fuckonami
Nintendo's still selling the refurbed 32gb w/Nintendoland for $200. I get paid Friday and I'm absurdly tempted to get one and Mario Kart. MK looks like a blast

Chettlar

Banned

So

To add to the list, ntkrnl also said that they would be adding stuff to Halo 2's campaign. Wouldn't say how or what exactly, but that's what I gathered. They are doing all kinds of stuff to the campaign.

EDIT: here's the PM exchange minus some preliminary stuff. I don't know that I've ever actually posted the whole thing. Read the whole thing before you start yelling at me for revealing PM info.

ntkrnl said:
Chettlar said:
ntkrnl said:
Chettlar said:
I only really had two questions for you. I posted the first in the Halo 2 Anniversary thread if you don't mind answering. It's on the 8th page or something like that. I bolded it, so you should find it easy enough.

[The first question was whether it would be 1080p 60fps etc.]

The other one is what do you mean by "WITH TONS OF SHIT" in your first post mentioning Halo 2A? Are you saying they added a bunch of stuff? Reworked campaign? Just a clarification question. Thanks.

Definitely 1080p. 60 FPS is... possible. Unlikely to happen though.

Second, yes. Bunch of stuff... I will reveal eventually.

Mind if I post in the thread?

Go for it.

So yeah, that's where we got the whole 1080p thing. I had this stuff mentioned in a few news articles around but they didn't mention me lol. Not that I expected they would.

---

Edit

That's what I get for being half nice.

iMax

Chettlar

Banned
Literally the only Nintendo games that I have played that I like are SSB and Kirby's Epic Yarn. Really can't justify a Wii U on that, especially since I could probably just play KEY on my PC with an emulator if I wasn't lazy.

Havoc2049

I'm almost there. I found a code for my wife's copy of Pokemon Heart Gold we never used. Which means I should have one for Soul Silver lying around...

But yeah, still playing Halo 4! So close to E3!

Yeah, it would be nice. I don't have high hopes though; I don't think that your Waypoint Career score even includes gamerscore from Spartan Assault on Xbox One.

maxresdefault.jpg

Otherwise I like how Titanfall handles invis as the reticule disappears when activated. I'd probably go even further and make it act as if you turned on the Blind skull and your HUD disappears completely.
Not a bad idea, could have been implemented into 4 to get rid of those pesky camping snipers.

But at this point I'm with the crowd that would rather see it return to a on map pick up like in 3. Make people fight for it.

The standout to me are those generic-ass gears they slap in all the nooks and crannies of the guns.

Fun with normal mapping. Yeah, and making them all the same size generally defeats the purpose...

Got Spartan Assault today on Steam. Is there any way to link this to my Halo service record on Waypoint or did I purchase it on the wrong system? Why does it always ask what control option I want to use?

I just finished it on Steam and I have the same question... not sure about control options but it seemed to stick with the Xbox controller as long as it was plugged in for me.

Karl2177

Got Spartan Assault today on Steam. Is there any way to link this to my Halo service record on Waypoint or did I purchase it on the wrong system? Why does it always ask what control option I want to use?

Top Bottom