• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Anyone heard that rumor on reddit that It will be Halo:Journey and its just cut pieces from each Halo game? That would suck if it was that.
I remember on Reddit they had a rumour about Halo Wars 2.
The player could quickly change from the standard RTS command view to individual units in 1st person and battle as such.

The point is both ideas are absurd.

jem0208

The player could quickly change from the standard RTS command view to individual units in 1st person and battle as such.

The point is both ideas are absurd.
The second idea sounds kinda badass...

I'd certainly play it.

FyreWulff

Standard Xbox 360 or the Slim version? Because both, my Intensity Pro and Shuttle, won't work with the Slim and people claim it has HDCP. This thing really lives up to it's name...

I used a BMIP with a slim 360 just fine. HDCP should NOT be on while in games on any HDMI 360. I think there's some corner cases where it might get activated while on the dash, but you should be able to capture/stream games.

Akai__

I used a BMIP with a slim 360 just fine. HDCP should NOT be on while in games on any HDMI 360. I think there's some corner cases where it might get activated while on the dash, but you should be able to capture/stream games.

I actually never tested it, while I'm in-game. Will have to check this out, because Dashboard always give me a black screen or the Xbox doesn't boot, at all.

Fuchsdh

Standard Xbox 360 or the Slim version? Because both, my Intensity Pro and Shuttle, won't work with the Slim and people claim it has HDCP. This thing really lives up to it's name...

I use a Intensity Pro Shuttle Thunderbolt with my 360 (Matte) Slim. The issue is probably settings; you just need to go through them and make sure your hardware is being recognized and just drilling down all possible options. I have only been able to get the 720p59.94 setting to work with my setup.

Woorloog

Banned

That's be like the old Battlezone games. It is very interesting idea, and would perhaps fit a Halo RTS very well.

Woorloog

Banned
sounds like what they tried to do for MP in Brutal Legend

Brutal Legends is Action/Adventure with RTS elements, right? Yeah, sounds similar.
Such hybrid games are very rare though, and don't think any of them has been a commercial success.
Battlezone did get a sequel but neither sold very well IIRC, though both did pull the hybrid system off pretty well.

I guess hybridization doesn't really sell, people are interested in pure games, not bastards, so to speak.
Or perhaps the issue is the RTS side, people don't like RTSes aren't probably interested in hybrids with RTS elements.

In any case, i think this would fit a Halo RTS very well, but it would require a lot of effort and talent, the devs would have to make the FPS side play like Halo, but not take all the focus, and the RTS side on consoles is difficult. Probably so much this won't happen.
I wouldn't believe anything they suggest in Halo Reddit. Too bad unbelievable ideas are often quite cool.

Your Halo 2014 journey begins here

A8IatRY.gif

wait is halsey missing her arm??

8xT0pPD.png

AlStrong

Was it even a rumour? I thought it was just a suggestion some person made.

I had posted something similar here a while back with a different narrative attached (Cortana going nuts and trying to remember things while John was in stasis). It was basically an abridged "story-so-far" re-imagining (ala Halo Legends Origin or something).

... and obviously broken and absurd for a game. :D (I don't post on reddit, but maybe you were thinking of the post I made).

Fuchsdh

Yeah.
I take it this is Xbox exclusive pack?

For the moment, yeah. I doubt we'll see an official PC version just because of the fact that I don't think you could ever monetize a skin set. I actually much prefer the 360 version thanks to its recipe system over PC, but the kicker for me on PC is far easier screenshot/sharing options, and the multiplayer servers.

KOTH is the rotational playlist in 4 now, BTW. Sadly won't have time to play until after I move and get new internet...
bye FIOS

Woorloog

Banned
I was just thinking that new-gen console plus Minecraft splitscreen would be fun, with the new-gen's much larger world (sure, it ain't big compared to the PC version but the splitscreen mode is the selling point for me, MC on 360 was a lot of fun with a friend. Halo or no Halo. Just that... my next console might very well be PS4. Its MC version having the Halo pack would be fun but... eh, not a chance of that happening.

Hmm. I want that Elite skin for PC, with armor... I guess i'll have to draw it myself. (Currently using "Blood Dragon armor" skin from Dragon Age. Drew it myself)

it wrong that those skins make me want to buy Minecraft? Hmmm. Been on the fence for a while now

It's great, but hard to explain. Zero Punctuation actually had a pretty good explanation. I would get it for PC though (sorry MS) if you have a choice, it's much more feature rich by default since new versions are released basically weekly and there's a huge modding community. Skin and texture customization is also free... Crafting is a little harder, but just have the wiki up and you'll be fine.

Fuchsdh

It's great, but hard to explain. Zero Punctuation actually had a pretty good explanation. I would get it for PC though (sorry MS) if you have a choice, it's much more feature rich by default since new versions are released basically weekly and there's a huge modding community. Skin and texture customization is also free... Crafting is a little harder, but just have the wiki up and you'll be fine.

I think I would go crazy if I didn't have dual monitors and could full-screen Minecraft in one and have the wiki up in another.

BTW in Halo news the next issue of Escalation lands tomorrow.

Caladrius

The only caveat for PC is that if you want anything above the minimum settings with a decent draw distince to run smoothly you basically need a good computer and the optifine mod.

I hope the 1.8 beta's (1.7 is perfectly fine) world generation gets smoothed out before release. It takes forever to load on my Mid-high-range PC.

I think I would go crazy if I didn't have dual monitors and could full-screen Minecraft in one and have the wiki up in another.

BTW in Halo news the next issue of Escalation lands tomorrow.

Yeah, it's a dual monitor game for sure...

As for Halo, does anyone think they'll release all the Escalations together in a collection later? I'd be more interested in getting that than reading it piecemeal as it comes out.

Woorloog

Banned

As for Halo, does anyone think they'll release all the Escalations together in a collection later? I'd be more interested in getting that than reading it piecemeal as it comes out.

Aren't the others available as collections? Though Escalation is, if i recall correctly, somewhat longer than the previous comics, so perhaps it will come in two or three albums?

Fuchsdh

Dark Horse has a trade version of the first six issues due in October of this year, which is a fairly standard size. You're gonna' hafta' buy a few of them, but obviously you won't have to get individual issues.

Dark Horse has a trade version of the first six issues due in October of this year, which is a fairly standard size. You're gonna' hafta' buy a few of them, but obviously you won't have to get individual issues.

yeah, i just looked at our shipment and Escalation 6 comes out tomorrow. then it takes a few months to collect those issues into a tpb.

I work in a comic shop

Woorloog

Banned
The latter's background is bad. Some broken girders or what? Not very Halo.
The first one is kind of cool but, i don't know, i doesn't quite look like a video game box art.

EDIT yeah, put quotes around them. They're tad big.

Top Bottom