• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Booshka

This is completely off-topic, but I was approached today about how many connections I have via LinkedIn. Apparently I need more (like I give a shit).

Regardless, if any HaloGAF member wants to connect via LinkedIn, message me or whatever. I trust you guys.

Also, LinkedIn keeps requesting that I connect with ncsuDuncan, which is really bizarre and baffles me how they related the two of us. We have nothing in common except for HaloGAF. The Internet man, full of weirds.

PM sent

Chettlar

Banned
I don't get the outrage. MS is improving what a gold account is worth by giving away games on 2 systems, and as an added bonus you can buy cheap games also. It's rewarding someone who buys into the community. It is in their best interest to fully embrace their gold members, because the larger install base, the more profit/market share they enjoy.

Adding worth to a service by taking away from another one!? what?

Not understanding.

Anyway, just haven't got around to it. I'll do it in a second.

m23

This is completely off-topic, but I was approached today about how many connections I have via LinkedIn. Apparently I need more (like I give a shit).

Regardless, if any HaloGAF member wants to connect via LinkedIn, message me or whatever. I trust you guys.

Also, LinkedIn keeps requesting that I connect with ncsuDuncan, which is really bizarre and baffles me how they related the two of us. We have nothing in common except for HaloGAF. The Internet man, full of weirds.

LinkedIn is so damn useless. I guess it depends, but man it was a waste of time for me, had to get connections the old fashioned way.

Sofa King

Adding worth to a service by taking away from another one!? what?

If all those silver users flee the Xbox, then it's bad business. If showing those who are silver value in gold enough to buy in, then it's good business. I personally don't see the point in non-gold, non-ps plus consoles at this point, so clinging onto silver status is lost on me. Seems like the non-gold, non-ps plus people would be ripe for a Steam box with no maintenance fees and endless deals.

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
If all those silver users flee the Xbox, then it's bad business. If showing those who are silver value in gold enough to buy in, then it's good business. I personally don't see the point in non-gold, non-ps plus consoles at this point, so clinging onto silver status is lost on me. Seems like the non-gold, non-ps plus people would be ripe for a Steam box with no maintenance fees and endless deals.

I'm pretty sure it exists so people are not 'forced' to pay if they're not engaging in XBL services, like multiplayer.

Nebula

Guess i'll be cancelling my xbl soon. Got myself a gaming rig built and I'm just waiting on a return to go through for the MoBo. Might see me on that Halo 3 steam if it ever happens. Will continue to post here of course.

It's all relative and depends on what people are willing to pay. I used to get complaints from people all the time about the cost of a mobile app ($10) where I work. Seriously? You can spend more than that in one trip to a fast food restaurant and you don't get to keep the food you eat :p An annual subscription for xbox live offends some, while others don't care. I don't think I'm that opposed to it, especially if MS is maintaining servers for developers to use for their online games. It is a service provided outside of the costs for the hardware you purchase. Does that make me a slurper? Probably lol.

Add me, UNKNOWN-iXi

Mario Kart is almost here ;]
[/IMG]
Absolutely! Gotta get the console in the mail first :)

I find montages pretty boring in general, frankly (and I say that as a guy who's made one!)

But from a practical standpoint, the more you edit your montage, the more you get in the way of what is ostensibly the point of the montage, and the less power each edit has. A rapid-fire cut of noscopes is effective only if you haven't been cutting every two seconds before that for three minutes.

Whenever my little group made montages, we always tried to stick on just showing the gameplay, and never over-editing the footage. If anyone wants to take a trip down nostalgia lane...

Sikamikanico - Best Gamer Ever! (This was presented to me at my stag-do as a gift - my friend Vinnie sneakily collected all my clips and made me a montage of just my gameplay. Was pretty amazing. (As an aside, I met all these guys playing Halo 2 on XBL, and we're known each other for 10 years)

A Blast from the Past 1 - A Blast from the Past 2 - These are my buddies older Halo 2 montages.

OMG Community Montage (Halo 3) - a massive effort of clips collected from all our buddies back when Halo 3 was in it's prime.

Promises - A Halo Reach Dualtage

Ooh Stick you! - A Halo 3 Funtage

Sikfest 9 - Montage - Sikfests were the name given to the many LAN parties I've held over the years.

The Dream Team - A Halo Reach Launch week montage

Omni

Finally unlocked the cool DMR skin in Halo 4. Only one complaint however... the process to get it is tedious and irritating. I'm talking about this thing

IS0iI5X.png

Maybe it's just me, but it takes like 15 minutes to find the right damn symbols... Just let me scan a code or some shit. gyfhtfjgv

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Finally unlocked the cool DMR skin in Halo 4. Only one complaint however... the process to get it is tedious and irritating. I'm talking about this thing

Maybe it's just me, but it takes like 15 minutes to find the right damn symbols... Just let me scan a code or some shit. gyfhtfjgv

WORK FOR IT.

When I were a lad, all we had was Atari Combat and it didn't even come with sound effects. To get audio we had to walk through a snowstorm in our bare feet, uphill both was, just so an elderly man could hit us with a stick and scream "BEEP BEEP BONG!!!"

IHaveIce

Banned
WORK FOR IT.

When I were a lad, all we had was Atari Combat and it didn't even come with sound effects. To get audio we had to walk through a snowstorm in our bare feet, uphill both was, just so an elderly man could hit us with a stick and scream "BEEP BEEP BONG!!!"
In other words we have to suffer because you did when you were young(which is about 500 years ago) :(

WORK FOR IT.

When I was a kid I had to use BASIC instructions to boot mah Sesame Street edutainment games. 64 kilobytes of RAM, considered formadible 3 decades ago, is literally 1/(2^17) the amount in the new generation consoles.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
When I was a kid I had to use BASIC instructions to boot mah Sesame Street edutainment games. 64 kilobytes of RAM, considered formadible 3 decades ago, is literally 1/(2^17) the amount in the new generation consoles.

You're talking to someone who saved his allowance to buy a 32k RAM expansion for his Sinclair (Timex in the US) Spectrum. I know from UDGs. I wrote my on breakout clone. If it had been 2014 I'd have been a retro indie game dev. My sound effects even sounded like chiptunes. /#inception

You're talking to someone who saved his allowance to buy a 32k RAM expansion for his Sinclair (Timex in the US) Spectrum. I know from UDGs. I wrote my on breakout clone. If it had been 2014 I'd have been a retro indie game dev. My sound effects even sounded like chiptunes. /#inception
I typed up C64 programs out of books until I wrote my own program that blew raspberries at you when you got math problems wrong. Dat negative reinforcement. Pretty sure I was the only person at the Elementary School Science Fair with a computer program.

FyreWulff

I typed up C64 programs out of books until I wrote my own program that blew raspberries at you when you got math problems wrong. Dat negative reinforcement. Pretty sure I was the only person at the Elementary School Science Fair with a computer program.

Made a game that ran off a DOS based engine (ie, you could find a 486 and run the game on it, in theory). The engine got a later Win/Linux/Mac port, but the game still runs at a locked 18fps due to the way ModeX graphics work (you have 4 banks to pull your graphical data from, so it takes a minimum of 4 passes to render a 60hz-monitor-compatible image if you're using all 4)

Filmic before filmic was a thing!

RedSpiseeBalls

Neo Member
(Following format previously seen)

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?

Been a lurker since Reach was announced got my membership after halo 4 launch; life delayed my first post

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?

32 live in the UK

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?

I have played all the games; bought the original Xbox on Halo's launch
Got all the music, read all the books.
An original poster from Bungie Universe Forum

What mode do you spend most of your time in?

Multiplayer, more recently capture the flag. Disappointed no Bomb variants.

What is your favorite playlist?

Generally objective lists, currently Capture the Flag

Help us get to know you better.

Arsenal FC fan. If not playing halo then its Gears, Assassins Creed or Dishonored.

Hope everything is alright, Ex.
WORK FOR IT.

When I were a lad, all we had was a minimal sandbox with weapons that were effective in their respective roles. Things like plasma stun making the Plasma Rifle a worthy weapon to pick up, a BEEFY AR with 64 bullets that SHREDS a Spartan and empties a clip faster than later AR's, a Pistol that was accessible yet had a steep skill gap as a utility weapon, and just an overall experience that I have yet to feel in many years. Had to travel across the land, far and wide to set up XBC back in December 2001. Even endured people dominating me as I thought they were cheating, but little did I know they were just timing the Camo Power-up. The finer intricacies of Halo combat that inspired me to become the man I am today, a myth, a legend..
The UNKNOWN,
the man who can save Halo.
Combat Evolved 2

Thank you all.

RedSpiseeBalls

Neo Member
Welcome! I have a few questions.

1) what is your favorite Halo?

Halo CE; its what started my interest! I think I remember seeing a CE review on TV by Violet Berlin (who remembers her!). Warthog driving around, master chief, shooter = Buy Xbox.

2) Favorite weapon of all time in Halo.
Halo CE pistol. But since Reach I've mostly used DMR.

3) BR (H2/3/or 4) , Halo CE pistol, DMR (HR/4), Carbine (H2/3/or 4), NR, or LR? (Choose wisely).
My personal favorites to use or ones I liked
Halo CE pistol > BR H2 > DMR 4

4) Favorite moment out of all the Halo games.
The whole intro to Halo 2; such an insight to the Covenant.
Also the Brutes in Halo 3 on Crow Nest towards the end. Taught me more about how to play Halo than anything else.

(Hope this junior dont get hated on for my answers :) )

CE AR had 64 bullets, Woorloog.
Didnt the AR was nerfed because bububu is so strong at close range?

post-26953-0-07133900-1401088381_thumb.jpg

He is finally using melee!
The AR, much like everything else from CE, was scrapped and/or changed in Halo 2. The funny thing is here we all are, complaining about Halo 4 making unnecessary changes to a CHAMPION formula, but there was Bungie committing equally heinous crimes to this franchise and only 3 people made a fuss over it through the noise of OMG BEST HALO FOREVER ONLINE LOVE

Warning:
There is no salt in these posts, only morbid satire from an already dead CE nerd.

EDIT:
1) what is your favorite Halo?

Halo CE; its what started my interest! I think I remember seeing a CE review on TV by Violet Berlin (who remembers her!). Warthog driving around, master chief, shooter = Buy Xbox.

2) Favorite weapon of all time in Halo.
Halo CE pistol. But since Reach I've mostly used DMR.

3) BR (H2/3/or 4) , Halo CE pistol, DMR (HR/4), Carbine (H2/3/or 4), NR, or LR? (Choose wisely).
My personal favorites to use or ones I liked
Halo CE pistol > BR H2 > DMR 4

Welcome, friend.
I just knew you'd claim that. I suggest you play it again, for it has only 60, and always had only 60.
Off by 4 bullets. Thought you were my friend, WoorLOG.. little did I know you were just setting me up for failure ;'[

Booshka

I just knew you'd claim that. I suggest you play it again, for it has only 60, and always had only 60.

EDIT :lol

Real Halo CE Pro's only use the AR for Quick Camo glitch and double melee. So it's understandable he wouldn't know the exact ammo count.

What's important is that you can get a Killtacular with one clip of the Pistol with 4 consecutive TSK's.

Real Halo CE Pro's only use the AR for Quick Camo glitch and double melee. So it's understandable he wouldn't know the exact ammo count.
It's actually pretty useful to kill people with too, depending on the situation (CQC instead of reloading Pistol midbattle (XXY to backpack reload Pistol as you fight with AR
-- dat meta game
), etc.) and distance. It has ~double the clip size and empties a clip ~1 second faster than the 32 clip AR's of later games. 3:47 in this video shows P1 getting his shit wrecked by an AR, before being finished by what appears to be two Pistol body shots.
What's important is that you can get a Killtacular with one clip of the Pistol with 4 consecutive TSK's.
4 kill Killtacular, RIP.
lmfao this is great

Chettlar

Banned
(Following format previously seen)

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?

Been a lurker since Reach was announced got my membership after halo 4 launch; life delayed my first post

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?

32 live in the UK

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?

I have played all the games; bought the original Xbox on Halo's launch
Got all the music, read all the books.
An original poster from Bungie Universe Forum

What mode do you spend most of your time in?

Multiplayer, more recently capture the flag. Disappointed no Bomb variants.

What is your favorite playlist?

Generally objective lists, currently Capture the Flag

Help us get to know you better.

Arsenal FC fan. If not playing halo then its Gears, Assassins Creed or Dishonored.

Welcome! I like you already.

(The format is indeed the established format. We have it on a site somewhere.)

Top Bottom