• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Life is good guys. Life is good. :')

3531371625.png

3531482459.png

I thought mine was good. Sad :(

Mistel

Banned
Very nice Wahrer wouldn't both the grenade launcher and railgun be redundant?

I had to just explain to speedy what an aerola was...

Rather have a single shot weapon than a burst for loadout. maybe the BR has selective fire.

The way I envisioned it, you'd pick one firearm and one sidearm for your loadout. Everything else would be predetermined, and generally speaking you'd receive two Frags in addition. The Magnum is the single shot loadout weapon; in this case, it and the BR are designed to be a midpoint between the Halo 4 Turbo BR and the Combat Evolved Magnum. The only difference besides ammo capacity (accounting for the fact that the BR would naturally have thrice as many bullets) is that the BR is burst-fire, while the Magnum can either fire semi-automatically or automatically as it did in the original. Generally speaking, Magnum / Plasma Rifle would be the most effective combination of the four possible, but have the highest learning curve.

I didn't realize you were a Homestuck fan.

Very nice Wahrer wouldn't both the grenade launcher and railgun be redundant?

I had to just explain to speedy what an aerola was...

No more redundant than having the slew of explosive ordnance weapons in Halo 4. The sandbox in general has a bit of dual-purposeness to it where one weapon is slightly better in smaller encounters while the other's better in big team, for example Rockets in 4v4 compared to Plasma Launcher in 8v8, and so on. The Grenade Launcher does have a small-team role as someone who wants to control the map itself, while the Railgun is oriented more towards controlling the players on the map. GL allows you to pull bank-shots and lay traps with a slightly lesser degree of accuracy compared to the Sticky Detonator, meaning you have to work bottom-up by keeping an eye on spawns, weapon placements, and so on. The Railgun, conversely, works in a top-down fashion where you directly target vehicles and enemies and try to scare them in the direction of your choosing, or kill their momentum altogether by pinging them from afar.

It really boils down to personal preference, and in this sandbox the GL / Railgun would have really, really good synergy when used by dual players.

The way I envisioned it, you'd pick one firearm and one sidearm for your loadout. Everything else would be predetermined, and generally speaking you'd receive two Frags in addition. The Magnum is the single shot loadout weapon; in this case, it and the BR are designed to be a midpoint between the Halo 4 Turbo BR and the Combat Evolved Magnum. The only difference besides ammo capacity (accounting for the fact that the BR would naturally have thrice as many bullets) is that the BR is burst-fire, while the Magnum can either fire semi-automatically or automatically as it did in the original. Generally speaking, Magnum / Plasma Rifle would be the most effective combination of the four possible, but have the highest learning curve.

I didn't realize you were a Homestuck fan.

No more redundant than having the slew of explosive ordnance weapons in Halo 4. The sandbox in general has a bit of dual-purposeness to it where one weapon is slightly better in smaller encounters while the other's better in big team, for example Rockets in 4v4 compared to Plasma Launcher in 8v8, and so on. The Grenade Launcher does have a small-team role as someone who wants to control the map itself, while the Railgun is oriented more towards controlling the players on the map. GL allows you to pull bank-shots and lay traps with a slightly lesser degree of accuracy compared to the Sticky Detonator, meaning you have to work bottom-up by keeping an eye on spawns, weapon placements, and so on. The Railgun, conversely, works in a top-down fashion where you directly target vehicles and enemies and try to scare them in the direction of your choosing, or kill their momentum altogether by pinging them from afar.

It really boils down to personal preference, and in this sandbox the GL / Railgun would have really, really good synergy when used by dual players.

Yep. Hey frankie, what were the hurdles of having a select fire BR in halo 2?

Omni

Why is that a bad thing again?

I mean I love Halo 2 as much as anyone else - if not more than most as I still play it somewhat regularly - but with some tweaking to the Halo 4 sandbox I wouldn't be complaining at all. And they could just add the weapons from the campaign into the multiplayer space so it's not like we'd be missing out on anything

I guess the biggest hurdle would be dual wielding but eh

I mean I love Halo 2 as much as anyone else - if not more than most as I still play it somewhat regularly - but with some tweaking to the Halo 4 sandbox I wouldn't be complaining at all. And they could just add the weapons from the campaign into the multiplayer space so it's not like we'd be missing out on anything

I guess the biggest hurdle would be dual wielding

I can't tell if this is a serious post.

lol.

Mistel

Banned

Variance between those two is a good thing to have it would hopefully encourage map movement to obtain the players weapon of choice. And if you get both of them the more the merrier.

Personally I prefer the concussion rifle for vehicular suppression to the railgun.

I guess the biggest hurdle would be dual wielding but eh

If the collection is a real thing I could see this being a more plausible technical route to deliver and the cost vs. return on investment too. The turbo update lets them tweak weapons like never before, throw in map remakes and then playlists/vote variants for gamers to vote what they want to play from 1, 2, 3 & 4.

Seems far more plausible than all the previous campaigns getting the CEA treatment and then multiplayer versions being updated as well for 4 games.

Does the xbone's controller use different wireless spec than the 360's controller? When they release the PC driver, how will you use a wireless controller with the PC?

if its a new dongle, I hope its tiny like these $5 usb bluetooth stubs you can buy.

There isn't separate wireless and wired controllers for the Xbone. If you plug in the mini USB to USB cable is starts playing through the USB connection.

we're never going to see that $20.

"just paypal it to heckfu"
"i dont have paypal lol *buys star wars art*"

I thought it was pretty obvious he paid for that stuff by working extra at the sawmill and then using the money left over from buying two bulldog puppies out of a catalog for $25 apiece to get a buggy to deliver his cash (adjusted for inflation) to that there upcomin' coastal state in the far West.

Ranked 3 BTB?

Legendary Slayer with AR starts?

I know, I meant more as in how would you revamp them. For example, the Mantis clearly doesn't work as it is, and I figure it would be removed entirely if you did a competitive vehicle mash up.

I'd probably take a more liberal approach with vehicles because they can only occupy so many different roles. An anti-vehicle vehicle like the Cargobob in GTAV could be fun to toy around with. Like a pilotable Enforcer, basically.

Top Bottom