• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Game Informer: "something something Armor Mods and AA's something something fluff fluff"
Me: "Wait.. Perks? Are they talking about perks? Nahhh, they're not talking about perks, are they? PERKS?! Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............."
-upon discovering perks in Halo-
Me: _____________________
-Camo returns as an AA-
Me: "Welp, once again they don't give two diddly squats about their fanbase. The very same fanbase that put up with several years of bogus decisions. The very fanbase who were pretty much in unanimous agreement that Camo was a piece of dookie AA that should never return.. 343 is clearly continuing down Bungie's path."

Should/Can Halo fans be blamed for this line of thinking?
I still remember when I actually thought the Game Informer leak was fake... couldn't believe they would actually do it. I still bought the game anyway :/ Part of the problem, I am.
Hmm, are we part of the problem for supporting a franchise we love or are the developers/publishers the problem for exploiting us?

belushy

Banned
Game Informer: "something something Armor Mods and AA's something something fluff fluff"
Me: "Wait.. Perks? Are they talking about perks? Nahhh, they're not talking about perks, are they? PERKS?! Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............."
-Camo returns as an AA-
Me: "Welp, once again they don't give two diddly squats about their fanbase. The very same fanbase that put up with several years of bogus decisions. The very fanbase who were pretty much in unanimous agreement that Camo was a piece of dookie AA that should never return.. 343 is clearly continuing down Bungie's path."

Hmm, are we part of the problem for supporting a franchise we love or are the developers/publishers the problem for exploiting us?

Good point, you're 100% right. I just knew the game we were getting in Halo 4 after the GI leak, and I bought it anyway.

Tawpgun

-Camo returns as an AA-

All I know of is as details about MP were leaking and even after launch, there were something's that me and a bunch of Halogaf were just like, naaaaah 343 would never do something THAT stupid, there's no way. And then it happened.

Things like PV, or random weapons at random locations, or the boltshot. Or the ejector perk.

When "team downer" as some of us were called, ended up calling out the obvious months before launch.

I wanna say they aren't daft enough to put ads or stuff in halo, but the track record isn't goood.

That being said, the people they hired and the fixes made to halo 4 give me hope

We have seen the retracting of initial design in a lot of the halo games. Bungie tried to shove the smg and ar starts down our throats only to put team BRs up. Bungie also toned down the armor abilities in some playlists in reach before 343 fixe the game with the TU (get mad fyrewulff and hirednoobs)

Then the halo 4 updates too.

I think it's natural for halo 5 to have some kind of garbage at launch only for it I get changed or removed.

And yet people blindly support the developer and those that dont get shit for it.

343 disregarding anything the competitive community says on twitter and elsewhere. (mind you the competitive/hardcore players that have been playing halo for longer than most of 343 has been on the series)

people getting banned from waypoint by mods that dont have to explain themselves, to the people defending the actions of those mods.
all waypoint mods are biased (enter Ozzy to try to dispute that)

/salt

All I know of is as details about MP were leaking and even after launch, there were something's that me and a bunch of Halogaf were just like, naaaaah 343 would never do something THAT stupid, there's no way. And then it happened.

Things like PV, or random weapons at random locations, or the boltshot. Or the ejector perk.

When "team downer" as some of us were called, ended up calling out the obvious months before launch.

I wanna say they aren't daft enough to put ads or stuff in halo, but the track record isn't goood.

That being said, the people they hired and the fixes made to halo 4 give me hope

We have seen the retracting of initial design in a lot of the halo games. Bungie tried to shove the smg and ar starts down our throats only to put team BRs up. Bungie also toned down the armor abilities in some playlists in reach before 343 fixe the game with the TU (get mad fyrewulff and hirednoobs)

I think it's natural for halo 5 to have some kind of garbage at launch only for it I get changed or removed.
will it take 6+ months and ridiculing the hardcore community on social media for those changes to happen?

willow ve

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in.

lets not forget the fact that the install base for the 360 was far larger at halo 4's launch and the drastic drop off of player population. take that into account with the lower install base of the Xbox one and i see a similar drop in population happening.

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
I don't know about you guys, but I like to play and understand a game before I completely shit all over it. I think it's pretty dumb to not pay for something in an effort to show disinterest when you're just bandwagon-ing someone else's agenda.

Looks like Bonnie Ross is going to be on stage at E3. I'd like to see Frankie or Kiki if I'm honest. Not that I don't like Bonnie but she takes a rather background role (not jason jones level but still). I have to think for a second who she is.

Blueblur1

:'(

edit: Do blocks stay with the @ address? Maybe the previous @Halo twitter owner blocked you for some weird reason.

I thought about that but I'm not sure. I don't really care personally (I do find it funny though). I'm only concerned because I'm usually logged in thru my personal account and want to be able to see what they post so I can retweet it with @HaloGAF.

I don't know about you guys, but I like to play and understand a game before I completely shit all over it. I think it's pretty dumb to not pay for something in an effort to show disinterest when you're just bandwagon-ing someone else's agenda.

Consumers talk with their wallets. if we dont like what we see in the next Halo then its not bandwagoning to not buy the damn game.

people have dealt with this for the last 2 halo games.

no one here faults you if you like halo 4. but dont use side thrown jabs in your post. if you have a problem speak it clearly, not underhandedly.

I'll buy Halo 5 if it's a good Halo game. If it's trying to be something it's not I won't buy it, I played before I made judgement last time and was burnt badly. Not doing that again

Looks like Bonnie Ross is going to be on stage at E3. I'd like to see Frankie or Kiki if I'm honest. Not that I don't like Bonnie but she takes a rather background role (not jason jones level but still). I have to think for a second who she is.

Stinkles making a H2A announcement would be amazing

The Flash

Banned
The Halo Minecraft Mash Up is awesome! I did not expect it to be this good. Classic Halo tunes and a Mister Chief skin make it sublime.

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
Consumers talk with their wallets. if we dont like what we see in the next Halo then its not bandwagoning to not buy the damn game.

Games are not solely made for consumption like goods are. If the community and developer cease to communicate why is either owed something from the other?

Besides it actually being bandwagon-ing when you stake somethings worth based on others opinions, without having tried it... You don't have to like it(and that's totally fine) but echoing negative sentiments from someone else who had played something / versus yourself who won't 'pay' for it because you 'saw it coming' is the very definition of it.

people have dealt with this for the last 2 halo games.

no one here faults you if you like halo 4. but dont use side thrown jabs in your post. if you have a problem speak it clearly, not underhandedly.

And you're implying I'm somehow not one of those people? Based off what? You took offense at a general comment aimed at no one and took it to somehow correlate that I like Halo 4 from the totally reasonable thing I said.

Pretty ironic seeing as you're underhandedly insinuating that those of us who bought H4 despite the GI leaks are suckers and part of the reason why 343 hasn't appeased the competitive audience. Yeah, keep telling yourself that bro. It definitely couldn't have been curiosity or forming an opinion for ourselves.

Striker

Trailer Park Boys is the best reality show.

Can't wait for Halo 2/5 news at e3!
Seasons 3-5 were the best.

It's a serious post. Halo 2 is not some mystical thing that can't be replicated. I honestly don't see why it would be a bad thing if they just redone it in the Halo 4 engine.. Sure there are certain sandbox tidbits you'd have to account for, but again, not impossible. And because they don't have to worry about the multiplayer being played on default Halo 4 maps since they won't be porting those over, they could extensively replicate it (Unlike Reach Anniversary). They could bring the updated weapon models from campaign into the multiplayer map files and make them behave just as they did in Halo 2. Sprint, AAs and perks would be turned off entirely.
They have to re-do the melee mechanics all over again, adjust appropriately/add gametypes (so basically brand new ones all together, also contesting and sudden death), de-scope, being able to pick up grenades without use of a perk, adjust/add/remove a laundry list of weapons, vehicle overhaul, and fix vehicle boarding. Those are the most important ones, at least.

I remember when they used to follow me, those were brighter days, when I was still innocent.

#mistyeyed

Do people actually think that H2A is going to be in the Halo 4 Engine?

TheOddOne

If I recall correctly, at some Halo event somebody asked if descope could be added back into Halo 4. They replied it could not because of the engine.

I could be wrong about that. So yeah, the H4 engine has some limitations.

Did anyone post that Halo 5 pastebin yet?
Pretty sure it is made up and not an actual leak, but I thought it was some neat speculation and had some things in it that I'd like to see.

If I recall correctly, at some Halo event somebody asked if descope could be added back into Halo 4. They replied it could not because of the engine.

I could be wrong about that. So yeah, the H4 engine has some limitations.
Must be talking about the scripting. There's no way they literally couldn't patch that into the engine. That's just not a limit that makes any sense.

Not to worry though lads, H2A is gonna be the real deal.

SHUT UP I'M PLAYING HALO
Yikes

ZServ

Anyone know what playlists play what maps? I found out I have like 2 of the map packs, but I havent seen them pop up yet as choices. :< I wanna play pitfall.

Mistel

Banned
Halo 5 "Guardians" is only the first of the three parts of H5's story single player. The second is called "Salvation" and the third "Revelations". As of earlier plans, NOT current updated ones that I've managed to update myself, 343i and Microsoft planned to release "Guardians" as the first portion of the campaign, along with the mainline MP, and releasing the other two parts as game addons, or DLC. They may or may not be free. Closest example to this is Spartan Ops.

However, since Phil Spencer was promoted to head of the Xbox division, these plans are being rewritten. There is a small conflict within the head staffers of 343i and the new management at Xbox on whether or not to release it as planned, or to include all three developed parts into one single game, all at launch. I can't say for sure which route is being taken since they announced Halo 5 as "Halo 5: Guardians", but with a 2015 release date. The original manuscript outlined a fall 2014 release. I do NOT have any info on any outside projects, like an H2A. My best guess is that there will be another Halo game project releasing the end of this year to delay Halo 5, probably H2A.
Wait what?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Wait what?

kxPqlZ6.jpg

Top Bottom