• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Mix

So for the technical folks:

You think they would do this for CE or just keep it restricted to Halo 2-4?

I still think people are crazy to think that we will get a halo game that will include THREE multiplayer suites in one title. I just really don't think it'll happen. With Halo 5 coming later next year, I simply do not see this being true. give me Halo 2, hell give me Halo 2 with the best maps of the series, Idgaf, but please don't force three or four FULL games into one. It's just not a good idea

Booties

Banned
I read the synopsis of each book like a year or so ago, read all the terminals, post on GAF, and I have no fucking clue what's going on in Halo 4 and beyond. GG.

I read the synopsis of each book like a year or so ago, read all the terminals, post on GAF, and I have no fucking clue what's going on in Halo 4 and beyond. GG.

Some Forerunner whom there are two of hates humans. Which is weird, because in the last book I read he didn't. Anyways, he wakes up from his jail/tomb thing which also serves as a ship (huge design flaw there, Librarian), takes over his wifes army of beetleborgs made from dead humans, and does stuff. For whatever reason, other Forerunners didn't preserve themselves and just let the Halo rings wipe them out to stop the flood. So he is just pissed, blames humans for his species strange decisions, and then flies to earth to make a new army of beetleborgs. Stuff happens, he is 'stopped', presumed dead, but lets be honest, pulse grenades can't kill shit.

lmfao demon, best synopsis for Halo 4 I've read

I wonder if 343 jokes about some of the decisions they made (ie: dat Pulse 'nade
can't kill shitttttttttttttttttt
).

EDIT: RIP Chatter ;'[ -- Hopefully it's not permanent.

Wow. Such amaze.
- Halo: everything in one edition confirmed
- RIP Chettlar
- Escalations is escalating
(well actually only the angry discussion in forums)
go Palmer.

Over on Waypoint someone
said the SoF captured Flood spores in cryo for future study, did this happen in escalations? I don't recall it at all in Wars.

No, unless 343i retconed that.

EDIT :

Ironman Palmer threatening humans because is badass

738e653c-b3e5-4c86-953f-c3dbac116f84.jpg

First time I really see Palmer as a badass character. More like this for the future please. <3

Add "egghead" to it and she's just spouting her usual lines.

We better not get "Tony Stark Vision" closeups on a frequent basis in Halo 5. I can already hear the slrp slrp "for dynamic custom Spartan dialog in campaign, each helmet needed a unique holo-visor wow such attention to detail much bungie very saved!" compliments. Kill me.

Add "egghead" to it and she's just spouting her usual lines.

We better not get "Tony Stark Vision" closeups on a frequent basis in Halo 5. I can already hear the slrp slrp "for dynamic custom Spartan dialog in campaign, each helmet needed a unique holo-visor wow such attention to detail much bungie very saved!" compliments. Kill me.

I like more the ODST glass visor close up rather than Ironman vision

Fuchsdh

I like more the ODST glass visor close up rather than Ironman vision
I agree. I dunno why Bungie regressed with Reach but yeah, polarizing visors for the Spartans seems like a good idea. In the comics, though, it's not really a good option (hence the Iron Man effect.)

Frankie and Kiki in Belfast? Auditions? Meeting Davidge for recordings?

Pre-production planning for Master Chief's unveiling as Benjen Stark in the next season of Game of Thrones?

Or general filming / pre-production for the Ridley Scott "movie"?

Danny 117

Frankie and Kiki in Belfast? Auditions? Meeting Davidge for recordings?

Pre-production planning for Master Chief's unveiling as Benjen Stark in the next season of Game of Thrones?

Or general filming / pre-production for the Ridley Scott "movie"?

Awesome that it's being filmed right under my nose, and very weird that people from 343 are in Belfast!

So this was actually confirmed?
Exaggeration, the guy who said it had his source verified but that still doesn't mean all that much.

10/10. I would give it a 9.8 but there simply isn't enough perks and ordnance.

No, unless 343i retconed that.

EDIT :

Ironman Palmer threatening humans because is badass

738e653c-b3e5-4c86-953f-c3dbac116f84.jpg
I thought as such. Might just be Waypoint, they run their own race sometimes.

Oh Palmer don't you go changing into a likable character anytime some thnx <3

TCKaos

Was chatting with Barlow a couple of days ago. We thought it'd make sense if the multiplayer was actually split out on the One to some neutral Halo Infinity thing, so in that context just porting the Halo 2 / 3 / 4 maps to some sort of Halo: Infinity would make sense. Then you'd buy Halo 5: Guardians, and it gives you it's maps and campaign. Then you buy whatever game comes after, and it just adds maps to Halo Infinity, etc etc

In that context, it'd be perfectly feasible to just make every gun from every game included, and handle it all via Forge/Gametypes.

I mean, technically in Reach they could have just put the actual Halo 1 Pistol in the map files for Anniversary, then made a special gametype to let you spawn with it. Would have had the original look and HUD and clip size, and as it turned out, they weren't interested in using the Anni gametypes outside of Anni maps, so it would have been the same effect.

Downside would be masssssive quitting if you tried to make it so it was something like you choose the games/gametypes as one vote, people would ragequit for Haloes they didn't want to play, so you'd have considerable number of playlists trying to please fans of 3 different games.

We had that conversation too. We thought it was kind of funny that they're probably going to stop using the .map and tag architecture on Halo 5 even though the fact that all XBone games have to be installed anyway makes it viable to use.

Before, the issue was that using tags made it so that you'd have to redownload each patched .map, which wasn't viable because they were all on the disc and not the HDD. Now that they have to be on the HDD we're steering away from it even though it would finally function.

Computron

yo Microsoft where's my Oxbox controller adapter for Halo 2 Anniversary

Does the xbone's controller use different wireless spec than the 360's controller? When they release the PC driver, how will you use a wireless controller with the PC?

if its a new dongle, I hope its tiny like these $5 usb bluetooth stubs you can buy.

FyreWulff

Does the xbone's controller use different wireless spec than the 360's controller? When they release the PC driver, how will you use a wireless controller with the PC?

if its a new dongle, I hope its tiny like these $5 usb bluetooth stubs you can buy.

Bone's wireless is different than the 360 wireless. I believe it's Wifi Direct on the One.

Top Bottom