• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Halo needs a grappling hook
Bring in some space horses while we're at it, would make for some relaxing mini-games.

ski_joring_history7leap.jpg

Hailo2 Hydra

I want to see a MoaTage with people using Brute Shots / Concussion Rifles / Vector Grenades blasting themselves around the map and then trick-shotting fools.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's been possible since Halo 2, but I'd love to see how well a Timed Match playlist would fare. That is, no point limit, 10 to 20 minutes of play. I already kind of zone out and just play until the match ends in Halo 4, so it could make for a fun rotational playlist.

FyreWulff

I want to see a MoaTage with people using Brute Shots / Concussion Rifles / Vector Grenades blasting themselves around the map and then trick-shotting fools.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's been possible since Halo 2, but I'd love to see how well a Timed Match playlist would fare. That is, no point limit, 10 to 20 minutes of play. I already kind of zone out and just play until the match ends in Halo 4, so it could make for a fun rotational playlist.

That would be neat. 10 would sound good, 20 might be a tad long for a slugfest of a match

Omni

It's a light jacket that can't let go of trifling matters.
:lol
You wear one under a skirt or a dress to help it keep its intended shape.
Oh. Of course..

ANYWAY. I have Halo 4 installed to my hard drive. If I buy the digital version, will I have to download the full game? I'm very lazy and changing discs is far too much effort. But I also don't have the bandwidth to download 9GB or whatever it is.

wwm0nkey

So to show off the Xbox One drivers for PC they were showing off Halo 2 PC on a disc-less windows tablet. Maybe if people were actually able to do that legally and easily it would still have players!

Have you guys considered he might have

A) booted up Halo 2 to print-screen the menu and viewed the image on the tablet
2) google image searched bingled "Halo 2 main menu" and viewed it on tab
III) shopped the image in

I mean hell, I shopped Halo 3 in there for free and a couple people in the main thread bit.

Kibbles

I used that magiciso or imgburn or whatever a while back to rip my disc to a USB and installed it from a USB stick, not that hard.

wwm0nkey

Have you guys considered he might have

A) booted up Halo 2 to print-screen the menu and viewed the image on the tablet
2) google image searched bingled "Halo 2 main menu" and viewed it on tab
III) shopped the image in

I mean hell, I shopped Halo 3 in there for free and a couple people in the main thread bit.

I used that magiciso or imgburn or whatever a while back to rip my disc to a USB and installed it from a USB stick, not that hard.

Random amounts of effort to do that, why not just load up spartan assault? Or the other hundreds of games that support it.

That is what people are seeing as weird here and it is weird.

Omni

At this point I'm just convincing myself that H2 isn't happening.

The signs are there that it is happening, of course. But still. I feel like we're just setting ourselves up for disappointment

Omni

We proudly announce HALO 2 A .....Lego version.
Ninja'd my edit.

But it could be worse...

"Set during the events of Halo 2, we proudly present... Halo: The Sarah Palmer Chronicles

This intense 4 hour cinematic campaign shows players first hand the exploits of ODST Sarah Palmer that saved not only the planet Earth, but humanity from total annihilation"

I was looking for "leaked" Halo 5 screens and found this gem:

ieEbugNZRVO6b.png

some1 call kotaku
Someone call aPK

Use that grappling hook thing that was discussed earlier to quick grab a Moa.

Ninja'd my edit.

But it could be worse...

"Set during the events of Halo 2, we proudly present... Halo: The Sarah Palmer Chronicles

This intense 4 hour cinematic campaign shows players first hand the exploits of ODST Sarah Palmer that saved not only the planet Earth, but humanity from total annihilation"
beating a dead horse but, gods. Palmer is a terrible tropified character. with like no redeeming qualities.

I wonder how people would take it if Halo 2 Anniversary multi on dedicated servers was the purported "Halo Arena Live" concept that's been thrown around a few times. In a perfect world it would be a companion to a remastered Campaign and run on a completely new engine (or at least one independent of Halo 2's dated, disembodied physics, jankiness, and propensity for glitching without proper oversight) with Halo 2 post-patch as a starting point for content, with them progressively rolling out more new toys for it like Megalo editing, Halo 3 content come the 10 year anniversary, etc. while still providing up to 8v8, more classically oriented arena gameplay. On the flip side, Halo 5 and the "Guardians" mantra would have more modern, cinematic gameplay.

Top Bottom