• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

I wonder how people would take it if Halo 2 Anniversary multi on dedicated servers was the purported "Halo Arena Live" concept that's been thrown around a few times. In a perfect world it would be a companion to a remastered Campaign and run on a completely new engine (or at least one independent of Halo 2's dated, disembodied physics, jankiness, and propensity for glitching without proper oversight) with Halo 2 post-patch as a starting point for content, with them progressively rolling out more new toys for it like Megalo editing, Halo 3 content come the 10 year anniversary, etc. while still providing up to 8v8, more classically oriented arena gameplay. On the flip side, Halo 5 and the "Guardians" mantra would have more modern, cinematic gameplay.

Nah then the future of halo is dead.

wwm0nkey

I really want Halo Arena to just be a thing, the MP would never die, can be constantly updated, free maps, older play options always available, constant stream of cosmetic items that can be bought with EXP or money (no money only stuff plz) and it could support tournaments like what DoTA is doing if done right.

Also have it so you need the new released Halo game for the new content, 3 months after sell access to that MP content and 9 months later make it free.

Nah then the future of halo is dead.

Halo 2's physics felt janky when it came out, dude.

I really want Halo Arena to just be a thing, the MP would never die, can be constantly updated, older play options always available, constant stream of cosmetic items that can be bought with EXP or money (no money only stuff plz) and it could support tournaments like what DoTA is doing if done right.

That's what I'm saying - Halo 2 Annie multiplayer would be that, it'd just start as H2A multi.

FyreWulff

The vendor tie in bonus for Halo 2: Anniversary will be Mt Dew Chiron and Mt Dew Emblem. Get a download code inside every 12 pack of Gamer Fuel!

md_emblem_profile.jpg

The vendor tie in bonus for Halo 2: Anniversary will be Mt Dew Chiron and Mt Dew Emblem. Get a download code inside every 12 pack of Gamer Fuel!

md_emblem_profile.jpg

Are those chiron pics shopped or did they legitimately port it over for a visual gag? What teases.

We need a Chiron remake unless they decide to actually give us enough teleporters to do it ourselves.

Omni

ibfufSyBuPBDvz.png

Not happening, bruh.
Haha, you never know.

After kinda thinking about it... If Halo 2 doesn't happen I'll be quite disappointed, no matter how much I try to convince myself otherwise. But if it does happen - and uses Halo 4 assets - then I'll still be disappointed. Likewise, if it comes along with no multiplayer, well then... you get the point.

There's so much that can go wrong with this thing. I don't particularly trust 343i to make the right decisions. But we'll see, I guess

gAg CruSh3r

Are those chiron pics shopped or did they legitimately port it over for a visual gag? What teases.

We need a Chiron remake unless they decide to actually give us enough teleporters to do it ourselves.

Did someone say my name?

I hope they can give us infinite amount of teleporters so we can have 2 Chiron inside of one map. Linking the two maps together!

I kid... Kinda

Kibbles

1080p 60fps Halo experience I believe. Halo 2 likely won't be 60fps, 1080p is pretty believable.

I can see 900p 60fps dedis for Halo 5 .

Is there any 900p/60fps title on Xbox One besides games like Forza? I mean I don't doubt 343s potential, and the fact it's coming out later in the life cycle... but idk I'm expecting it to be shy of 900p, if it isn't then great.

I know they're too above it to ever actually remake Chiron, but since mancannons are the spiritual successors to teleporters, I'd love to see a take on a Chiron spiritual successor that relied on mancannons to navigate some chambers.

Rather than every match on a symmetric map beginning the same way, Variable Initial Spawns could allow for multiple opening rush strategies. On Sanctuary, for example, both teams could spawn in their respective Rocks, or on their respective Flag, or in their respective Cut. Both teams spawn in the same location, relative to their side of the map, but Variable Initial Spawns allow for differing opening rush strategies. Because Red and Blue’s initial spawns are always equal and opposite, it allows for variability from match to match while still being fair and balanced for both teams.

Rather than every match on a symmetric map beginning the same way, Variable Initial Spawns could allow for multiple opening rush strategies. On Sanctuary, for example, both teams could spawn in their respective Rocks, or on their respective Flag, or in their respective Cut. Both teams spawn in the same location, relative to their side of the map, but Variable Initial Spawns allow for differing opening rush strategies. Because Red and Blue’s initial spawns are always equal and opposite, it allows for variability from match to match while still being fair and balanced for both teams.

I'm starting to think you aren't name-dropping the Gravity Gauntlet specifically so I don't realize you're my doppelganger in time for you to kill me.

Woorloog

Banned
I know they're too above it to ever actually remake Chiron, but since mancannons are the spiritual successors to teleporters, I'd love to see a take on a Chiron spiritual successor that relied on mancannons to navigate some chambers.

Asteroid map in space, you move around by jumping from one asteroid to another via mancannons?

As long as the community is listened to and serious resources are invested in the "proper" (for a lack of a better word) places, the community itself will live on. We're all like rabid hyenas that haven't eaten meat in years.

And LMFAO (squidhands clip)

Asteroid map in space, you move around by jumping from one asteroid to another via mancannons?

I was thinking a hydroponics chamber aboard Unyielding Heirophant where horizontal and vertical aqueducts grav-manipulating water currents throughout a few rooms in addition to the occasional teleporter or airlift would get you around. Damnation meets Chiron meets Elongation, basically.

Woorloog

Banned
I was thinking a hydroponics chamber aboard Unyielding Heirophant where horizontal and vertical aqueducts grav-manipulating water currents throughout a few rooms in addition to the occasional teleporter or airlift would get you around. Damnation meets Chiron meets Elongation, basically.

I was thinking Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament and their mancannons. And now i realized Bungie didn't invent mancannon.

Also: you managed to name 3 maps that i really, really don't like in one sentence (on the account of the maps being either confusing or ugly or both, not due to how they play). That's... i don't know, kind of a hat trick?

gAg CruSh3r

As long as the community is listened to and serious resources are invested in the "proper" (for a lack of a better word) places, the community itself will live on. We're all like rabid hyenas that haven't eaten meat in years.

And LMFAO (squidhands clip)

That was pretty dang awesome!
and funny as some points.

I hope I can get on with the next montage next time. H2A? ;)

I was thinking Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament and their mancannons. And now i realized Bungie didn't invent mancannon.

Also: you managed to name 3 maps that i really, really don't like in one sentence (on the account of the maps being either confusing or ugly or both, not due to how they play). That's... i don't know, kind of a hat trick?

Three rights make a left!

Oddball, Assault, and Ricochet should be combined into one gametype that utilizes custom game options to change scoring from “time carried” to “times planted” or “times thrown in”. This approach allows each of the individual gametypes to be created in addition to hybrid gametypes that, for example, may choose to use Oddball’s “time carried” scoring as well as place goals that the ball can be thrown into for some quick, Ricochet style, points. Give an option to enable/disable throwing. Give an option to assign different aesthetic skins to the Objective so it could be anything like a ball, a bomb, a skull, a Monitor, a Promethean skull, or Wheatley from Portal 2, so different gametypes would have their own unique Objective Model. There could even be a skin for a Rampant Monitor that would talk to the player holding him. If the Rampant Monitor was used for Hot Potato it could Face Laser the carrier instead of exploding.

Oddball, Assault, and Ricochet should be combined into one gametype that utilizes custom game options to change scoring from “time carried” to “times planted” or “times thrown in”. This approach allows each of the individual gametypes to be created in addition to hybrid gametypes that, for example, may choose to use Oddball’s “time carried” scoring as well as place goals that the ball can be thrown into for some quick, Ricochet style, points. Give an option to enable/disable throwing. Give an option to assign different aesthetic skins to the Objective so it could be anything like a ball, a bomb, a skull, a Monitor, a Promethean skull, or Wheatley from Portal 2, so different gametypes would have their own unique Objective Model. There could even be a skin for a Rampant Monitor that would talk to the player holding him. If the Rampant Monitor was used for Hot Potato it could Face Laser the carrier instead of exploding.

Shot Pocket pls

What if they balanced the Scorpion by making it manual transmission?

My clip right after it was great too, that was a great Montage overall.

Back when most of HaloGAF still played enough Halo to warrant a Montage.

That was you who made that clip of everyone falling?? If so, bravo hahahah -- I rewatched those two clips back to back several times.

i cry evertim

Top Bottom