• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

heckfu

Banned
Asking the community to fund it. I know I'm probably alone with this opinion.

Though Valve's competive support is top notch compared to MS'

They didnt, though. Just ADDITIONAL funding...they put up over 1.6 million themselves for the tournament.

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
Halo 2 Anniversary Wish List:

I know, I know, If it is going to be released this year it's probably a bit late to include a lot of this without significantly changing the game itself. Anyway, here goes...

1. Authentic Halo 2 Multiplayer
By 'Authentic' I mean just like the original. I know this is probably quite a lot to ask for, especially when you consider the engine used in multiplayer today. Would it be viable to go back to the Halo 2 engine? Would a Halo 2 revamnp be just like Halo CEA? Utilising the current title as the multiplayer platform. In this case Halo 4, whereas Halo CEA used Reach. Ideally, I'd want the Halo 2 multiplayer experience to return and be as authentic as possible. After all, it is what made the game such a multiplayer hit in the first place.

2. Re-vamped Graphics
Nuff said. Make it pretty!

3. Additional Fiction
Just as Halo CEA included a series of terminals, any Halo 2 remake should follow suit, but give us something more. Perhaps referencing the Original Orion project, Sgt Johnson's inclusion in SI, or other details from the SII project. Personally, I'd love to see some reference to the likes of Kelly, Fred or even the Spartan IIIs. After all, they were around at that time. I'd also like to see more fictional elements that directly refernce the Arbiter, and not just the current one either. And also Thel's family history would be a bonus.

Halo CE ripped off The Legend of Zelda

CE:
Gun, Grenade, Melee

Zelda:
Bow and Arrow, Bomb, Sword

The "Golden Triangle"? Sounds more like the Triforce.

Did you think plasma stun, or grenading weapons down to you, was unique? These are all features of the Boomerang.

Chief's flashlight? Simply Link's candle.

Sword lunge? That's just the White Sword.

Overshield? The Red Ring.

Obviously Medpacks are Fairies.

Do you think it's a coincidence that Chief's armor is green?

IHaveIce

Banned
They didnt, though. Just ADDITIONAL funding...they put up over 1.6 million themselves for the tournament.
Well... ok then I'm wrong, still though I don't want Halo to do it this way

CE:
Gun, Grenade, Melee

Zelda:

Did you think plasma stun, or grenading weapons down to you, was unique? These are all features of the Boomerang.

Did you smoke something that was also green?

CE:
Gun, Grenade, Melee

Zelda:

Chettlar has returned in his junior form with a vengeance.

CE:
Gun, Grenade, Melee

Zelda:

2/2. Off to a great start ;]

CyReN

8a833f0d1b3ed7638c804e397d3fe163.png

Juan

You can play H2 on tablets with a controller?

Edit: it's fake right? no way he can fit an USB in that thing.

Of course he can. It's a Surface Pro 3. Every Surface Pro, from the first version, have a USB port, and you can plug everything you want. :)

Nice hint Nelson haha.

Edit: Beaten by Duncan, Sikam and everyone above.

Mistel

Banned
Forgive me if I'm remembering incorrectly but I thought you could only get halo 2 pc as a disc based install? So how would you get that on a surface tablet thingy?

Silky

Banned
Wanted to share some thoughts regarding Halo 4's campaign.

I'm really liking it. Outside of some of the odd covenant designs (they look more meatier than expected), the firefights are still more or less the same. It has that same sense of placing and world/enemy discovery. One thing I find kind of unique to 4 compared to the other titles is it's constant feed of information. Considering I'm pretty well kept up with the lore of the game outside of the trilogy, it was nice to see a lot of these elements melding in. However, I can see some issues regarding game-only fans and seeing all of this new info that's only been really referenced in a passing mention.

I also like the score of Halo 4. Like, I /really/ like the game's score. A lot.

Omni

First three levels of Halo 4's campaign are great. I think Spartan Ops really soured my opinion on the second level (as we played in a few of those areas so much), but I remember having fun on it at one stage. The third level is really something else however. I'd put it up there with the best in the series. From art design to gameplay to even story. A hell of a lot of fun (releasing the Didact was so badass. Kudos to whoever directed that)

Too bad that the whole thing comes crashing down in the fourth level and beyond.

Wanted to share some thoughts regarding Halo 4's campaign.

I'm really liking it. Outside of some of the odd covenant designs (they look more meatier than expected), the firefights are still more or less the same. It has that same sense of placing and world/enemy discovery. One thing I find kind of unique to 4 compared to the other titles is it's constant feed of information. Considering I'm pretty well kept up with the lore of the game outside of the trilogy, it was nice to see a lot of these elements melding in. However, I can see some issues regarding game-only fans and seeing all of this new info that's only been really referenced in a passing mention.

I also like the score of Halo 4. Like, I /really/ like the game's score. A lot.

Same. One thing I have to admit I really liked about Halo 4 (that reminded me a bit of 2) and want to see in future titles is that it presented you with a lot of potential firefights with interesting matchups and scenarios, but in the majority of instances it's also possible to completely cheese most fights and just whizz past everything. The Halo gunplay lover in me enjoyed the option to take on craptons of Prometheans / Covenant in playspaces, but the speedrunner in me loved being able to get through Forerunner on Heroic in like 15 minutes on a replay by sole virtue of not making the encounters mandatory.

I think mandatory combat is where certain fights fell apart, notably a few on Reclaimer (like the first Wraith battle) and most of the Promethean fights in the ending.

Top Bottom