• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

TheOddOne

You're thinking of Bonk's Adventure.
The likeness is uncanny.

bat-manual-1.jpg

I may be the only person who knows. I signed an NDA though.
BOOOOOOOO.

Obscured

It's pretty straightforward to play through. Hammer Brutes are scary but you can juke Sqord Elites fairly easily. I've had a harder time getting gold medals on all the missions though. Might need to use the score boosters.

Edit:
Also not sure if you get it on the XB1 version but on 360 you get free upgrades and weaps bonuses for your Halo 4 career.

They are also available on XB1. Made me realize how much I need a halo game on my XB1, just seeing "Halo 4" text on the screen made me happy. Spartan Assault is nowhere near as bad as impressions I have heard previously, though in general I hate micro-transactions (even when they don't have to be treated as micro-transactions) and I want a jump button, even if it doesn't make any sense.

Homeboyd

Someone with nothing to do, see how many times after frank posts anything having to do with anything, someone comes in with a "_______ confirmed?" reply.

I mean, really. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that 1000 times out of 1000, someone here will do it. Sometimes 2 or 3 times per post. Literally 100% of the time.

Maybe higher.

Fuchsdh

They are also available on XB1. Made me realize how much I need a halo game on my XB1, just seeing "Halo 4" text on the screen made me happy. Spartan Assault is nowhere near as bad as impressions I have heard previously, though in general I hate micro-transactions (even when they don't have to be treated as micro-transactions) and I want a jump button, even if it doesn't make any sense.

Eh, I understand it. Some people hate microtransactions period, and there's the expectation that a game that retails for above X shouldn't have them period; it's a fair point but unlike the iOS "free" games of infamy your progress in Spartan Assault isn't ever stymied by a roadblock set up to make you buy stuff.

The complaint I wholeheartedly agree with is the bite-size nature of the campaign. Great for mobile but it does feel incongruous on a console. It ultimately would have been better as just a mobile game, or just a console game, and the combination results in a slightly more mediocre game, which is a shame. I hope if we get another similar game they'll learn the lessons they did on this one, because the gameplay is solid and the presentation is top-notch.

On an unrelated note, just set up my internet.

3543716944.png

What? An ISP giving me the speeds I pay for? What wizardry is this?
Also wired connections for life. So happy I don't have to rely on crappy wifi from three stories below me...

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
Someone with nothing to do, see how many times after frank posts anything having to do with anything, someone comes in with a "_______ confirmed?" reply.

I mean, really. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that 1000 times out of 1000, someone here will do it. Sometimes 2 or 3 times per post. Literally 100% of the time.

Maybe higher.

As the great philosopher Roman Pierce once said

tumblr_mqfyo8JPKk1snhjbvo1_400.gif

gaming_noob

With Kinect out of focus now, it saddens me to think the Xbox One could have been so much more powerful if they had a different priority. Microsoft appears to have been scrambling to reverse so many decisions...all that time and money wasted because of poor planning and incorrect market analysis. If MS does make another console, do you guys think 343i will play a larger role?

Halo needs a grappling hook, whether as a weapon pickup or Power-up.
Wouldn't we again reach the conclusion that maps need to be built with it in mind? How else would it be useful with a map where everything you need to reach can be reached by a standard jump.

I suppose it could be useful to evade enemies? But then people will cry jetpack 2.0

Wouldn't we again reach the conclusion that maps need to be built with it in mind? How else would it be useful with a map where everything you need to reach can be reached by a standard jump.

I suppose it could be useful to evade enemies? But then people will cry jetpack 2.0
There's more skill to it because it's a projectile you'd have to aim and wait for it to latch on, along with distance it can reach. Also, as a map pickup it's exponentially less problematic than the Jet Pack was. For example, Jet Pack in MLG Reach wasn't as horrendous as spawning with one.

The Grappling Hook would be to the Jet Pack as Grenade Launcher is to Rocket.

The briefing will include trailers, in-depth looks at various Xbox titles, and everything you need to know about what’s coming in 2014 and beyond. To stream the event, you can head to Xbox.com, Xbox Live, and Windows Phone globally, with the pre-show coverage beginning at 9:00 AM PDT. You can also watch the event on Spike TV in the U.S. and Canada at 9:30 AM PDT. We hope you’ll join us for the briefing! To join the conversation, be sure to tag @Halo, our new Twitter handle! Which reminds me – we’ve got a new Twitter handle.

I wonder what game he is talking about

???????

There's more skill to it because it's a projectile you'd have to aim and wait for it to latch on, along with distance it can reach. Also, as a map pickup it's exponentially less problematic than the Jet Pack was. For example, Jet Pack in MLG Reach wasn't as horrendous as spawning with one.

The Grappling Hook would be to the Jet Pack as Grenade Launcher is to Rocket.
I completely agree the skill gap between this and the jet pack would be huge, accounting for timing, distance, accuracy and such would be a challenge within itself. IMO id rather not have it or the jet pack, although I'm cool if they keep this kind of stuff in campaign and maybe the more social side of MP.

I think Reach and 4 have just turned me cold to the thought of adding this kind of stuff, of course I want new things and development in future titles but I'm just skeptical like everyone else now

That been said the thought of watching someone hurry to a freshly spawned power weapon and then use the grapple hook to pull said power weapon to you, then use it against them would be entertaining.

I think 343 were really onto something with H4 FUDs Soundttrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvbXo7E-Lcs

really cool sounds and would be pretty sweet experiance for an all new Halo game that would have an ODST & Reach gameplay vibes with similar FUD tracks.

I wont be surprised but happy instead, feels bad.
If only PC gets more Halo love. Who knows.. Phil did say that they need to get back on board with it. And whatever Phil says turns to gold. So here's wishful thinking on that.

That been said the thought of watching someone hurry to a freshly spawned power weapon and then use the grapple hook to pull said power weapon to you, then use it against them would be entertaining.

That would be an insanely awesome trait for that weapon. Hours of fun with a weapon like that.

EDIT: Maybe even grab Objectives like the OB or flag if it's out of its base (option to disable).

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't know if Monkey meant it serious with the Dota/ Halo comparision, but the key difference is their game is free and Halo players pay 60$/€ just to own it plus an additional gold fee, MS could take 2,50 from every sold copy and would get to a similiar number.

I'm not against helping to set up the tourneys but I even think it is kind of bullshit how a company with a high revenue like Valve does it, MS would be even worse.

Nirvana

I'll never tell what that gif is from!

Further, I hate how much many I've poured into the Dota 2 prize pool :(

Ez money for volvo Ez rares for us.

So now Halo 2: A is back to not happening? I could've dealt with no Halo CE anniversary and gotten Halo 2 instead :(

Top Bottom