• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Damn that Halogaf Reach vid was good. I think Reach is a lot more fun than H4.
Remembering those epic Invasion battles in forge were really elaborate and insane.

Thanks, Sik. Thought I should finally get my arse on GAF. Missing out it seems. Can you point me in the direction of said survey?

Copy and paste this into a NeoGAF reply window, then delete everything that isn’t bolded:

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)

What is your favorite playlist?
(i.e. MLG, Action Sack)

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)
Examples of things to include:
- Any HaloGaffers you know in real life.
- Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
- Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
- Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)

Keep in mind – the shorter your post, the more likely HaloGaffers will read it.

LastChance2Frag

Neo Member
Couple of years, lurked for about 6 months prior.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?
28, London UK.

Got my 360 just before Reach released, played through Halo 3 campaign on release. Played all haven't finished Halo Wars.

Firefight/Multiplayer

SWAT/Slayer

Help us get to know you better.
Work in Post Production, dabble in making games/music, on Steam quite a bit.
Most friends have stopped playing 360 so don't have many people to play online, got X1 looking forward to playing more Halo.

MaxRealflugel

Neo Member
Thanks, Ozzy.

I joined NeoGAF back in 2012, but haven't really posted much, mainly lurked. I usually spend my time on either Waypoint, OMG or my blog The Secrets Within. But I've decided to contribute more often.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)
I'm the ripe old age of 39, British but currently reside in Germany due to my job. Though I plan on returning to the UK in the next few years. And no, I don't speak a lot of german. I can order food and drink. The conversational German course that I took when I first arrived here isn't actually very good for starting or maintaining a conversation, which I can't.

I've been a Halo fan since the beginning. I read every single article that I could about this forthcoming game called Halo. It piqued my interest for reasons I can't explain. It just seemed different from everything else already out there. And I wasn't disappointed when it was released. I've played every iteration of Halo, and loved them all. My favourite was probably Combat Evolved and also Halo 2, though I loved the fictional aspect of Halo 4.

Mainly multiplayer nowadays, though I will and do play the campaign every now and then. But the campaign is the first thing I'll play until I've completed it. Then I'll move on to multiplayer.

For me it's BTB. I like big teams, lots of carnage and a vehicle or two for added chaos.

Help us get to know you better.
I love two things in life, besides my family, and that's writing and gaming. I've written short stories, some fanfics and some original. I previously wrote The Halo 3 Epilogue on B.net a few years ago which proved to be popular. But I have ambitions to be a published writer, or die trying. So I'm writing an original science fiction novel. I'm still on the second draft at the moment, ironing out several plot points and characterisations. I occasionally dabble with screenplays (scripts).

When I'm not writing fiction I can be found on my blog, The Secrets Within, covering various aspects of the fiction. I'm also doing a distance learning English lit degree via the Open University. I'm three modules in at the moment.

I frequent the OMG forums as well (Online Multiplayer Gaming), which Sik is also a member of. They're a mature bunch who don't take gaming too seriously, which means we can enjoy everything we do without it being too competitive. I play to enjoy, not to win. Which usually means I'm crap at everything.

I like astronomy, football (soccer to US members), Top Gear, Game of Thrones and House of Cards.I also reviews video games for a local newspaper, and the official magazine for the British Army.

Crap poetry time:
There was once a young boy from Eridanus II,
An exceptional member of a chosen few,
He was all garbed in green
And like the others, quite keen
But his biggest challenge was going to the loo.

p5ZTlKb.jpg

image.php

Halo needs four types of item respawn timers:

-Neutral Power Weapon
-Base Power Weapon/Equipment
-Power Up/Non Power Weapon
-Vehicle/Turret/Map Hazard

A neutral power weapon spawns every X seconds no matter what (also known as “Drop Spawning”).

A base power weapon spawns every X seconds but only if the previous weapon has despawned (players can “dirty” these items’ respawn timers).

A power up spawns every X seconds but the respawn timer only begins once the item has been picked up.

A vehicle spawns every X seconds but the respawn timer only begins once the item has been destroyed.

Vico

Don't know why I'm thinking about that now, but please bring back Enforcers.

We only got to fight them in Halo 2. I'm pretty sure they weren't liked, but let's not forget that it might be because they were part of the game's most boring levels.

belushy

Banned
I don't think I've ever played that map and had a Mantis spawn. Rocket hogs and Ghosts only I believe.

Unless they changed it... I haven't played in a few months. Launch Meltdown just had ghosts, mongi, and Warthogs. Then, even though it played perfectly fine before, they added Manti to it and it sucked.

Unless they changed it... I haven't played in a few months. Launch Meltdown just had ghosts, mongi, and Warthogs. Then, even though it played perfectly fine before, they added Manti to it and it sucked.
uh, I don't think that's right. First game I played on Meltdown after it's initial release had Mantii on it. I actually don't think I played a game on Meltdown without a Mantis, and it's been a really long time since I've touched multiplayer.

Fuchsdh

I assume then the Mantis only spawns in BTB Slayer or Heavies games then. It's quite a fun map for Objective, and there's definitely no Mantis on it for Hill games. My only really complaint with it is there seems to be a lot of wasted space behind the reactor that doesn't relate to any of the gametypes I've played on it. It's too open to be used for much.

IMO, Halo 4 maps were much better than Reach maps, excluding Anniversary. Combine Reach's maps with its horrendous movement, and you have quite the snoozefest.

71500-laughing-lizard-gif-hehehe-YltH.jpeg

I dunno if they're better, but subjectively I can recall a lot more of Halo 4's maps than I can Reach's. I think the biggest smack against them is most of them did feel like copy-paste rips of campaign spaces and so you ended up with stuff like the grenade launcher in the shower.

belushy

Banned
uh, I don't think that's right. First game I played on Meltdown after it's initial release had Mantii on it. I actually don't think I played a game on Meltdown without a Mantis, and it's been a really long time since I've touched multiplayer.

I played BTB at the beginning and I hadn't played on Meltdown with a Mantis until a few patches into the game. I think at launch only one or two maps had a Mantis on them.

I assume then the Mantis only spawns in BTB Slayer or Heavies games then. It's quite a fun map for Objective, and there's definitely no Mantis on it for Hill games.
I've played many games of KOTH with the Mantis on it, but I haven't played in several months so I'm sure it's been updated if you're saying it's not there.
I dunno if they're better, but subjectively I can recall a lot more of Halo 4's maps than I can Reach's. I think the biggest smack against them is most of them did feel like copy-paste rips of campaign spaces and so you ended up with stuff like the grenade launcher in the shower.
"Better" is subjective. I think they're better because the layouts felt more like actual maps and the surrounding gameplay wasn't as much buns, despite my disliking towards perks, flinch, etc..

I've played many games of KOTH with the Mantis on it, but I haven't played in several months so I'm sure it's been updated if you're saying it's not there.

"Better" is subjective. I think they're better because the layouts felt more like actual maps and the surrounding gameplay wasn't as much buns, despite my disliking towards perks, flinch, etc..

HAMGURGBER GUN BUNS?

Mistel

Banned
I played BTB at the beginning and I hadn't played on Meltdown with a Mantis until a few patches into the game. I think at launch only one or two maps had a Mantis on them.
Pretty sure those two were ragnarok and meltdown the other maps had them added later.

belushy

Banned
Pretty sure those two were ragnarok and meltdown the other maps had them added later.

I just looked at Youtube videos of Meltdown BTB from launch day and few days after and there was not Manti on the map.

edit: Seeing more videos, the patch seems to have been a lot sooner than I thought originally. A launch day video shows no Mantis, but a gameplay from Nov 21st shows Mantis.

Mistel

Banned
I just looked at Youtube videos of Meltdown BTB from launch day and few days after and there was not Manti on the map.
Then they must have been added after then :/. I don't remember ever playing it without them in the btb playlist. So only ragnarok had them then?

Maybe when Frankie was deflating our hype "ironically" last year he was being serious because he knew GAF hates modern gaming.

#onlynoughtieskidsremember

I'm telling you guys, we think he's joking but he's not addressing all of halo fandom - he's addressing gaf. For all we know we could be getting H2A made with mostly H4 assets (AKA the depth and political intrigue of the covenant pre-Schism played out by rubbery grubby "DOM, GET OVER HERE! MORE LIKE TEN SHITLOADS!" Halo 4 elites, Halo 5 Guardians is a pretty modern cinematic experience, etc.

I don't doubt good news awaits fans of Halo that tastes like Halo this year, but who's to say that's coming out at E3?

Back to grind through this H4 campaign

Don't try and Noob Combo your way through. In levels with high numbers of Promethean enemies (aka 90% of them), always keep a Suppressor and a headshot-capable weapon on you. The Suppressor is by and large the most common weapon held by Forerunner enemies, carried by both Crawlers and Knights. Presumably to avoid getting curbstomped in encounters where plasma weapons were sparse, 343 made the Suppressor absolutely destroy shields in Campaign on every difficulty. Seriously, in the shielding department it's Combat Evolved Pistol levels of broken.

Nirvana

Back to grind through this H4 campaign

One thing I really enjoyed about Halo 4 was the campaign on Legendary actually. The difficulty felt damn good, although I wouldn't slog through it the 10 or so times I did Halo 2 on Legendary, I did think it felt like the right difficulty to play the game at.

H2A announced yet? Lel.

Top Bottom