• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Movement

Advantage: You can traverse the map and complete objectives.

Disadvantage: You can potentially move into the sight of opponents.

Camping

Advantage: Strong defensible tactic. Psychological edge on opponents

Disadvantage:

Omni

Trees and rocks

Trees and rocks offer strategic cover on maps

On maps where trees and rocks aren't available, crates and walls are placed instead

Objectives do not need to be unnecessarily complex.

Collecting an object: Capture the Flag, Stockpile, One Flag

Securing an area: King of the Hill, Plots, Territories

Delivering an object: Assault, Ricochet, One Bomb

Players as objectives: VIP, Juggernaut, Headhunter

Gametypes do not need to be overly complex.

Weapon specific: SWAT, Snipers, Griffball

Vehicle specific: Race, Rocket Race, Hog Potato

Simon says: Fiesta, Sharp Shooter, Gun Game

Asymmetric teams: Murder Mystery, Infection, Invasion

Even Invasion, one of Halo’s most complex gametypes, simply combines existing objectives into a larger, multi phase battle. Complexity through simplicity.

aj1467

Hey everyone what's u-...

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

Silky

Banned
The H3 population ticker is broken, right?

ehh regardless, played some Team Slayer for a while. Around the time I reached High Ground I said 'fuck it' and took a break

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Two more sleeps till joy, salt, confusion, surprise, cynicism and derailment. The six stages of Gaf. If indeed the servers recover from the leak of a new Nintendo console.

Omni

Two more sleeps till joy, salt, confusion, surprise, cynicism and derailment. The six stages of Gaf. If indeed the servers recover from the leak of a new Nintendo console.
I hope there isn't too much to be salty about

After seeing those Destiny videos, Halo is probably the only FPS I'm looking forward to this year :s

Blueblur1

I hope whatever is going to be revealed is to our liking so there's a little salt as possible.

Rather than the three individual bullets of a burst each being fired in three consecutive frames of video, “dead frames”, frames within a burst where no bullets are fired, should be inserted between the frames where bullets are fired in order to extend the duration of the burst. This would further emphasize the requirement of “time-on-target” style aiming with burst fire weapons by requiring the user to hold his aim on target for 7 frames per burst, rather than 3, in order to achieve full damage ( X o o X o o X vs X X X where “X” is a bullet fired frame and “o” is a dead frame).

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Teabagging other people's kills: shows you are a cool guy and not greedy.
Hiding: shows you are confident and not a show off.
Crying: chicks love sensitivity.
Fart on a plane: go nuts, no one can hear you.
Armor lock: glass igloo for winners. Make other players rejoice.

What is happening in this thread?

What's this E3 thing I keep hearing about?

Why is someone shouting obvious things into the nether of the internet?
Stinkles

I'm very upset

Without on map pick ups to influence player movement, map movement becomes more shallow, focused simply on reaching power positions rather than reaching a power position in possession of power items. Items spawning more frequently create more engagements where two adversaries meet, then battle, because they were both going for the same item.

If I get any Halo on my Xbox One this year I will be happy.

If I get Halo 2 on my Xbox One this year I will be happiest.

Nirvana

Teabagging other people's kills: shows you are a cool guy and not greedy.
Hiding: shows you are confident and not a show off.
Crying: chicks love sensitivity.
Fart on a plane: go nuts, no one can hear you.
Armor lock: glass igloo for winners. Make other players rejoice.

THCFA = HTACF

=Halo Two Anniversary Coming Friday.

I see through your riddles.

willow ve

Wouldn't it be great if they announce H2A and H5. Then give release dates (of Nov. 2014 and 2015). So to tide everyone over they give away all the DLC for H4 and make it a mandatory download. So we can actually get fucking Pit and Vertigo in matchmaking.

After 200ish games post purchase of the last map pack I have seen The Pit a grand total of once. I have never seen Vertigo as a voting option.

The player should have full control over his ability to crouch and uncrouch. The speed, at which the player crouch walks, should not affect his ability to remain crouched. Taking damage should not affect the player’s ability to remain crouched. The player should be able to fluidly crouch, and uncrouch, at any time including mid-strafe. The height difference, between a standing player and a crouching player, should be significant. If the height variation, between standing and crouching, is not great enough or if the aim assist is too high then crouching while strafing becomes ineffective; narrowing the strafing skill gap and providing less dynamic gameplay.

Similar to the high upward jump, there needs to be a low downward crouch.

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
I really hope 343 embraces their true marketing form and releases the #GuardiansOfTheBarn ViDoc where we see the first look of H5 on a CRT behind a cow.

Maybe even recreate the barn tableau in a sectioned-off area of the Xbox E3 Party to get the hype building.

Source

Looking forward to seeing how this looks remade and remastered on Monday!

Seriously though, that demo is the greatest to me. I don't think I've ever watched anything pertaining to videogames as much as I watched that gameplay demo in the lead up to the Halo 2 launch. I'd watch that demo from the OXM disc that had it, then play some Halo, then finish my gaming session by watching that demo again.

CyReN

I have no idea what happened to the site, could really care less to be honest since that was like a 1 year and half ago now (time frame is fuzzy). Feel free to continue your fan fiction though, maybe you can get into how Beyond caused Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 next!

Top Bottom