• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

so this halo 4 xbl trial only works with...halo 4...and not...Halo 3 ODST

i cant win, y'all
It's just a Live trial. As long as you aren't trying to do ranked stuff, shouldn't matter. Since ODST collected info for your best score and ranked people that's probably why.

Dub117

Yup. Halo 3 really doesn't get the credit it deserves map wise. It's MP had insanely awesome maps.
Wut? Guardian and Valhalla get mad love. So does Construct, and I guess I'm the only one, it really isn't one of my favorites.
guardian ftw
don't hate me

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
Yup. Halo 3 really doesn't get the credit it deserves map wise. It's MP had insanely awesome maps.

It doesn't get the credit, because the Halo 2 map set was god tier. Halo 3, also doesn't get the credit, because of it's handful of terrible maps. Epitaph, Snowbound, and Isolation to name a few. Construct is brought up often as a popular map in Halo 3. Put that map in Halo 2 and it's essentially the worst map in the game (aside from Backwash and maybe Gemini). Put Backwash(without framerate issues) and Gemini in Halo 3 and they are all of a sudden, in talks, with the best H3 maps.

im so close to inheritor in reach someone kill me
image.php

image.php

The only true instakill weapons are hitscan, one hit kill weapons that do not require a charge up period before firing, like the Sniper Rifle or Shotgun. Rockets need to travel to the target, the Sword needs to lunge to the target, the Boltshot requires a charge up period before firing.

While one hit kill weapons can have some of their overpoweredness balanced out by the limiting properties of the weapon, projectile travel time or a charge up period before firing, instakill weapons need to be either very difficult to use effectively, like the Sniper Rifle, or very limited in range, like the Shotgun.

gAg CruSh3r

What? Halo 3 has really bad maps. Construct, Epitaph, Isolation, Last Resort, Narrows, Sandtrap, and Snowbound range from bad to outright awful.

You take the only one in bold back! That map there is one of the best objective one side maps ever! The others ones I don't care about the other maps

The only true instakill weapons are hitscan, one hit kill weapons that do not require a charge up period before firing, like the Sniper Rifle or Shotgun. Rockets need to travel to the target, the Sword needs to lunge to the target, the Boltshot requires a charge up period before firing.

While one hit kill weapons can have some of their overpoweredness balanced out by the limiting properties of the weapon, projectile travel time or a charge up period before firing, instakill weapons need to be either very difficult to use effectively, like the Sniper Rifle, or very limited in range, like the Shotgun.

@warse_ebooks

Traditionally, grenades, as on map pick ups, spawn in groups of two. This trend should change. Instead of allowing players to pick up two weaker grenades, allow them to pick up one powerful grenade (at a time, not total).

In the same way that Equipment can be stronger than an Armor Ability, because Equipment is single use while Armor Abilities can be used multiple times, a grenade type that spawns in groups of one can be stronger than a grenade type that spawns in groups of two.

belushy

Banned
Traditionally, grenades, as on map pick ups, spawn in groups of two. This trend should change. Instead of allowing players to pick up two weaker grenades, allow them to pick up one powerful grenade (at a time, not total).

In the same way that Equipment can be stronger than an Armor Ability, because Equipment is single use while Armor Abilities can be used multiple times, a grenade type that spawns in groups of one can be stronger than a grenade type that spawns in groups of two.

Or how about letting people hold 4 really weak grenades?

There's an assault ops in Spartan Assault to kill 20 jackals with SMG's at the end of a level and they are next to suicide grunts so if they blow up the kills don't count. Whoever made this sucks, though I suppose I only have myself to blame for going after the achievements.

Madness

So what version of Destiny are most people going to be playing for beta, or possibly buy at launch? PS4? Going to see how the beta plays on Xbox 360, if it's really poor, will definitely do next gen. All depends on 343 whether it's a ps4 purchase or Xbox one purchase in fall.

So what version of Destiny are most people going to be playing for beta, or possibly buy at launch? PS4? Going to see how the beta plays on Xbox 360, if it's really poor, will definitely do next gen. All depends on 343 whether it's a ps4 purchase or Xbox one purchase in fall.

I'll play the beta on the Xbox One, the Xbox 360, and the Playstation 4.

I probably won't play it on anything but the One, but I'll still download and give the other ones a go.

Kibbles

Beta on PS4, If I like it then the retail game likely on Xbone since my friends will have Xbones.

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
You ever really liked a band, then one of the members goes off to do their own, semi-related thing that you end up not-so-secretly liking more?

Kinda like that.

Aside from the short memory replays, the whole feel of that city, up and through to the awesome catch up in timeline ending sequence makes me really respect the heck out of what they were going for. I feel bad for people that don't like ODST.

Console related, I really feel like my pocket is going to be hurting this year. Destiny is coming out for both but Xbone has Halo, PS4 has Beast Souls. Halp... :/

Kibbles

I saw your post about Shadowrun in the Destiny thread.

:mad:

I didn't mean Shadowrun was crap, just meant like the magic power BS in all the Destiny videos I've seen reminds me of armor powerups in Reach and the magic in shadowrun. It just looks so random and I'm worried about it in competitive multiplayer. I keep wanting it to be an arena shooter though so idk why I keep trying to focus on that when this is obviously trying to be something different.

belushy

Banned
I didn't mean Shadowrun was crap, just meant like the magic power BS in all the Destiny videos I've seen reminds me of armor powerups in Reach and the magic in shadowrun. It just looks so random and I'm worried about it in competitive multiplayer. I keep wanting to expect an arena shooter though so idk why I keep trying to focus on that when this is obviously trying to be something different.

Ah okay. For what its worth, everything was perfectly balanced in Shadowrun. The magic wasn't really random, but I get what you mean about just wanting it to be an arena shooter.

A short shield recharge delay with a slow shield recharge rate allows for more dynamic encounters. A shieldless player, who takes cover long enough to not be one-shot, can challenge with a fraction of his shields rather than have to choose between being no shields or full shields which occurs when the player has a long recharge delay and fast recharge rate.

Booshka

I didn't mean Shadowrun was crap, just meant like the magic power BS in all the Destiny videos I've seen reminds me of armor powerups in Reach and the magic in shadowrun. It just looks so random and I'm worried about it in competitive multiplayer. I keep wanting to expect an arena shooter though so idk why I keep trying to focus on that when this is obviously trying to be something different.

Well if it doesn't work out, just blame Sage again. He killed it on the design for Shadowrun, but apparently either had too much or too little control on the balancing and designing of Reach mechanics.

Same problem will probably happen with Destiny I imagine. I think Shadowrun is a true outlier in Console FPS, never to be seen again.

Omni

A short shield recharge delay with a slow shield recharge rate allows for more dynamic encounters. A shieldless player, who takes cover long enough to not be one-shot, can challenge with a fraction of his shields rather than have to choose between being no shields or full shields which occurs when the player has a long recharge delay and fast recharge rate.

Am I missing something here? All you seem to post is random gameplay suggestions with like no context or anything. I feel like I'm missing something

The Flag Carrier should be capable of:

-Quickly juggling the flag with a waypoint visible to the enemy team
-Slowly walking the flag without a waypoint visible to the enemy team
-Passing the flag to a team mate
-Holding the flag inside the enemy base while hiding
-Throwing the flag into a man cannon
-Throwing the flag through a window
-Moving the enemy flag to prevent them from capping his flag
-Moving the enemy flag to distract them

The Flag Carrier should not be capable of:

-scoring the enemy flag when his flag is not at home

A HUD marker should always be overlain atop the enemy flag, constantly notifying the player of its current position.

A dynamic, color coded HUD widget should give the player the majority of the information on his flag like if it is currently being carried or if it is currently dropped. The Announcer should only announce events like an at-home flag being taken, a flag being scored, or a flag reset.

Randy, what are you doing? Pissing into the wind with game design ideas? Cool.

Actually he's just a bot of mine that randomly pulls text from my tumblr, blog, website, twitter, and megaposts.

EDIT: On a slightly related note, where do you guys stand on the grenade count debacle? I'm in the "4 grenade types, 2 grenades apiece" boat myself.

In general, Doubles should not have a spare clip in a power weapon.

In general, BTB should have a spare clip in a power weapon.

It depends on the map in TS or OBJ.

Power weapons should not spawn with more than one spare clip because that would force the weapon’s respawn timer to become too long, adversely affecting the amount of player movement that the map promotes.

His posting rates are getting more frequent. He's learning! Halys 5 is alive!

The disembodied self-contained posts with no other interactions with fellow members is what makes it.

In general, Doubles should not have a spare clip in a power weapon.

In general, BTB should have a spare clip in a power weapon.

It depends on the map in TS or OBJ.

Power weapons should not spawn with more than one spare clip because that would force the weapon’s respawn timer to become too long, adversely affecting the amount of player movement that the map promotes.

STOP THIS.

CyReN

In Halo Pistols fire bullets, bullets can move across the map either in BTB or TS in a rapid rate.

Jetpacks make people fly in the sky like a butterfly.

Grunts make noises from their mouths.

Moa

Randy made a habit out of posting random Halo suggestions on Beyond as well before he got banned. I feel sorry for you all if he keeps it up here.

Gandhi Hopping

Advantage: Your head rapidly bobs up and down, making it more difficult for an enemy to headshot you.

Disadvantage: Your reticle rapidly bobs up and down, making it more difficult for you to headshot an enemy.

Strongsiding

Advantage: The size of your head’s hitbox, that is visible from behind, is reduced, making it more difficult for an enemy to headshot you from behind.

Disadvantage: You are staring at the ground so you cannot see in front of you or effectively attack in a timely fashion.

Top Bottom