• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Madness

bb-3.gif

Haha, Ghazi, you literally weren't born until this movie was already out on VHS.

PS, let me know if you don't know what VHS is
<3

All in the game yo. All good hype trains go runaway and rollercoaster. Plus, for the first time in forever, the custodians of Halo appear to be in a very obliging mood. We haven't seen MS as eager to please in a long time. Things like finally giving Halo fans CE online, decisions on Tombstone and Desolation changing within 24 hours and a beta for Halo 5 coming 9 months before launch points to a company far more pliable to feedback should certain issues gain traction within the community.
It may end up being a situation where Halo 4 was actually a good thing for the franchise. I am extremely hopeful for the future of Halo.

gAg CruSh3r

Lol you guys are killing me here!

Getting on topic now ;).. I wonder if there will be any chance of new Easter eggs in the other Halo's besides H2A?

The CG cutscenes in Halo 2 Anniversary are going to be so tasty. Going through and watching them right now. I'd like to see that wave of ODST drop pods from Halo 3: ODST's opening show up on screen just before you see the In Amber Clad jump into slipspace behind Regret's carrier. Seeing that part from the perspective of the drop pod was one of my favourite moments in Halo cutscenes, so bringing that back around would be really good form, and a great little nod.

Nirvana

Man, Halo 4 multiplayer shouldn't even be a voting option. Put the disc in if you want to play that garbage.

Eh, I still kind of enjoy it, if only for the solid netcode. I'm just glad we get as much choice as possible; just don't search for it if you don't want to play it...

Madness

There is no way they'll make Halo 5 some radical departure, especially after seeing how Reach and Halo 4 were received. Sure they can try new things, but they should realize that a lot of those new things need to fit in with what makes Halo, Halo. And I think they kind of said that in the tweet. Increased competitive focus, focus on being an arena shooter etc.

The best part is the nearly month long beta almost like 10 months before launch. That way, if we all hate it, or its poorly received they can change it. I actually can't wait to try out this new H2A Playlist. It's the Halo 4 engine but no sprint, no flinch etc. Will give a glimpse of what modern Halo can be at 60 fps with no load outs, sprint, other stuff. I just wish the medals were classic Halo 2 medals and that you could turn off the white text.

Someone gotta redo super bombad mode version of this .gif when Halo 2 Anni comes out

civil_war.gif

--

Thinking about the campaign playlists in the MC Collection, it would be really cool to just be able to make custom lists to queue up in a custom order by yourself or in co-op.

Ghazi

Hey guys, and welcome to the newest project of some of the most community minded members of HaloGAF, click the banner to begin listening! Reclaimer Radio is a spiritual successor to the monument that HaloGAF Radio was, and still is, and we are hoping to carry the torch since HaloGAF Radio is (currently) no more. This has been in the works for a good while and we are extremely pleased to finally reveal it to you! What Mix, aHebrewMenagerie, Sub Zero at a Starbucks/Wahrer, and I have envisioned is something truly special for the whole community to get involved with and enjoy. This was our first go at recording the podcast and while we are dedicated to a certain level of quality, we know we have a lot to improve on going forward, so please, let us know what you think and how we could better our podcast! We'd like to acknowledge who and how we got to where we are now, starting with someone dear to the HaloGAF community. We’d definitely like to make a special thanks to Tashi, who now works at 343i, for hosting the original Radio and it is evident how much work and care he put into it by the end result. A special mention goes out to ncsuDuncan, for also being a forefront contributor of the original radio and managing the HaloGAF website. Another special thanks to Wahrer, for all the work on mixing the audio and our logo (seriously, the man is amazing). We'd also like to show appreciation to 343i for recently reinvigorating what was, only just a few days ago, a very weak and fragile community. Finally, thanks to you, HaloGAF, for inspiring us to start this project and we hope you enjoy listening to it just as much as we enjoyed making it. Our next episode will be happening some point after RTX, hope you enjoy!

If you have any questions, or would like to be a guest on Reclaimer Radio, feel free to contact us by email at reclaimerradio@gmail.com. You can find us on Twitter and YouTube, as well!

Man, Halo 4 multiplayer shouldn't even be a voting option. Put the disc in if you want to play that garbage.
Says the guy that still plays it!
So I guess you'd know

------------

From the very little we've heard, I'd hazard a guess that halo 5's MP will be divided very clearly into two sections. There will be the "arena" section which will be 4v4 very competitive focused and then the other section will probably be big team taken to the next level and become "battlefield mini" for lack of a better description.

Booties

Banned
Eh, I still kind of enjoy it, if only for the solid netcode. I'm just glad we get as much choice as possible; just don't search for it if you don't want to play it...

Good netcode? Lots of choices? What are you talking about?
I still play halo and I have FiOS

Tawpgun

Very curious to see what esports does with it.

Do they chose CE, 2, maybe 3? It would be weird seeing such an old game being the premiere competetive event.

And what happens in Halo 5 if it's not esports friendly? Do they stick with a game in the MC collection?

Mix

Do they chose CE, 2, maybe 3? It would be weird seeing such an old game being the premiere competetive event.

And what happens in Halo 5 if it's not esports friendly? Do they stick with a game in the MC collection?
It'll definitely be interesting to see what esports does decide to do. Maybe they stick with halo 2, maybe they to with halo 2 anniversary. It'll be cool to see it develope nonetheless.

CyReN

Halo 2 4's/Halo 1 2's should be the only options until Halo 5.

I'm really curious how strong both of those games will be though, Halo 3 was free and died pretty quickly in October. I hope a lot of fans comeback, personally from my casual friends from high school/college are excited about Halo for the first time in a long time with this release.

Booties

Banned
^^^I think revisiting leading shots and bad netcode hurt Halo 3's rerelease. This has much more potential. Like you said, old time casual fans are excited (somewhat) by this offering.

I think 2 would be the best for MLG. Hopefully them saying they learned from Halo 4 means Halo 5 will have better options and help community playlists like MLG thrive.

Nirvana

Good netcode? Lots of choices? What are you talking about?
I still play halo and I have FiOS

As an Australian, Halo 2-3 were an absolute abortion in terms of finding a solid connection to play on. I was yellow bar for 98% of my games on Halo 3 (still got my General, wutaplaya etc.) and it made it really frustrating to play. Halo: Reach and Halo 4 were nowhere near as good in terms of competitive multiplayer, but at least I could get green bar connections every game. I can play Halo 4 with my buddy in the states and we both have constantly good connections in every game we play together. As much as I am disappointed in how casual the game is overall, at least I can play the game with shots that fucking connect with a target.

Playing Halo 2 and 3 with solid netcode will be the ultimate Halo multiplayer experience for me.

I wasn't talking about 'lots of choice' in Halo 4, I just meant that having it as part of the MCC gives us as much choice as possible in terms of what we want to play. It's unlikely I will play a lot of Halo 4, but it's possible, so having the choice there is perfectly fine with me...as long as I can filter it out lel.

^^^I think revisiting leading shots and bad netcode hurt Halo 3's rerelease. This has much more potential. Like you said, old time casual fans are excited (somewhat) by this offering.
I'm excited to revisit Halo 3 thanks to the updates they're making. Never thought I'd anticipate replaying that game for more than just a quick fix.
I think 2 would be the best for MLG. Hopefully them saying they learned from Halo 4 means Halo 5 will have better options and help community playlists like MLG thrive.
From what we know right now, I think H2A might have the best shot at returning to the circuit. If they get the feel right and it has updates made after Halo 2, then it certainly has potential.

Booties

Banned
As an Australian, Halo 2-3 were an absolute abortion in terms of finding a solid connection to play on. I was yellow bar for 98% of my games on Halo 3 (still got my General, wutaplaya etc.) and it made it really frustrating to play. Halo: Reach and Halo 4 were nowhere near as good in terms of competitive multiplayer, but at least I could get green bar connections every game. I can play Halo 4 with my buddy in the states and we both have constantly good connections in every game we play together. As much as I am disappointed in how casual the game is overall, at least I can play the game with shots that fucking connect with a target.

Playing Halo 2 and 3 with solid netcode will be the ultimate Halo multiplayer experience for me.

I wasn't talking about 'lots of choice' in Halo 4, I just meant that having it as part of the MCC gives us as much choice as possible in terms of what we want to play. It's unlikely I will play a lot of Halo 4, but it's possible, so having the choice there is perfectly fine with me...as long as I can filter it out lel.

I am honestly shocked your connection to Halo 4 is that good all the way from Austrailia.

We still don't know how much choice we'll have. I think Frankie describe it as a "democratic" approach, so there will be voting on the engine, then voting on the map and gametype. Not sure how that will work, sounds like a bad idea if that's true. There must be a better way to do it.

Thermite

Can someone at 343 clarify something about Halo 2's multiplayer? Are the six "remastered" maps the only maps in the game that have the graphical upgrades (the textures, lighting, etc)? So when we're playing Halo 2 online are we really going to be flip flopping from upgraded Halo 2 graphics to shitty old Halo 2 graphics depending on what map we want to play?

Can someone at 343 clarify something about Halo 2's multiplayer? Are the six "remastered" maps the only maps in the game that have the graphical upgrades (the textures, lighting, etc)? So when we're playing Halo 2 online are we really going to be flip flopping from upgraded Halo 2 graphics to shitty old Halo 2 graphics depending on what map we want to play?

Yes. The 6 Halo 2 Anniversary variants are maps built from the ground up using a new engine. Their classic counterparts, along with the rest of the Halo 2 maps are not visually upgraded aside from 1080p60. I would hope that they would increase the texture resolution (like from the PC version) at least, and perhaps apply some sort of AA for dem jaggies, but that remains to be seen.

edit: oops, I don't work for 343 lol. This is just based on what I've read over the past few days.

--

What do people here think about the interrogator at the beginning of Halo 4 being Agent Locke?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go98zN9Zia0

Interrogator: Tell me about the children. Doctor Halsey?

Dr. Catherine Halsey: You already know everything.

Interrogator: You kidnapped them.

Dr. Halsey: Children's minds are more easily accepting of indoctrination. Their bodies more adaptable to augmentation. The result was the ultimate soldier. And because of our success, when the Covenant invaded, we were ready.

Interrogator: Doctor Halsey, you're bending history to your own favor and you know it. You developed the Spartans to crush human rebellion, not to fight the Covenant.

Dr. Halsey: When one human world after another fell... When my Spartans were all that stood between humanity and extinction Nobody was concerned about why they were originally built.

Interrogator: So you feel that in the end, your choices were justified.

Dr. Halsey: My work saved the human race.

Interrogator: Do you think the Spartans' lack of basic humanity helped?

Dr. Halsey: What are you after? The others before you were Naval Intelligence, but you You're something else.

Interrogator: Records show Spartans routinely exhibited mildly sociopathic tendencies: Difficulty with socialization

Dr. Halsey: The records show efficient behavior operating in hazardous situations. I supplied the tools to maintain the efficiency.

Interrogator: But do you believe the Master Chief succeeded because he was, at his core, broken?

Dr. Halsey: What does John have to do with this? ... You want to replace him.

Interrogator: The Master Chief is dead.

Dr. Halsey: His file reads Missing in Action.

Interrogator: Catherine... Spartans never die?

Dr. Halsey: Your mistake is seeing Spartans as military hardware. My Spartans are humanity's next step. Our destiny as a species. Do not underestimate them. But most of all: Do not underestimate him.

Not 343, but that's what it seems like.

Mix

What Overdoziz said. ^^^^

It was not bad at all so far
(20 mins in so far).
. Just the voice quality is not the best. Also will this be on iTunes podcast sooner or later?
Like I said, the recording setting were messed up before we started so that's why this one is of weaker quality, we promise to upgrade this in the next iteration. We're trying to check out with we can do as far as iTunes and downloadable episodes. I believe this one is up for download. But the answer to your question is soon(tm)

What do people here think about the interrogator at the beginning of Halo 4 being Agent Locke?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go98zN9Zia0

While that would be cool, would it really make sense in the timeline? Halsey was being interrogated, then was later kidnapped. MC was with the UNSC after that interrogation took place, so if Locke was looking for MC then surely he would've found him already.

Interesting though if they connect that.

Thermite

Not 343, but that's what it seems like.

Yes. The 6 Halo 2 Anniversary variants are maps built from the ground up using a new engine. Their classic counterparts, along with the rest of the Halo 2 maps are not visually upgraded aside from 1080p60. I would hope that they would increase the texture resolution (like from the PC version) at least, and perhaps apply some sort of AA for dem jaggies, but that remains to be seen.

edit: oops, I don't work for 343 lol. This is just based on what I've read over the past few days.

If this is the case, that's really lame. This remake is starting to feel incredibly halfassed to me. Going from upgraded to regular graphics per match is going to be so fucking jarring. Why would they only give that treatment to six maps?

Ghazi

Recording quality was my mistake, next time it's going to be recorded at 384000 Hz with 32-bit audio depth and exported out in FLAC or lossless WAV, I apologize for screwing it up the first time around.

Top Bottom