• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Woorloog

Banned
Ah, the rocks. I hope Halo 5 still has the same rock guy, whoever it is.

EDIT i used to have a Halo 4 rock as my avatar for a short while. I wonder if i have it saved... EDIT nope :/ Well i should make a new one then. My current one is too creepy even for me.

Nebula

Sorry Storm but I wont be back on Halo 4 anytime soon. I'll be dipping my toes in the sea that is PC gaming until November. Might make my Goosetage still though. We will see.

Most of the games in the playlists looked like place holders.
Definitely a placeholder. They were just showcasing how the UI will look, and how it will blur out certain games in certain playlists to show what is in what. Just from the looks of it, a lot of the UI is placeholder.
That's placeholder.
Cool, figured as much. And now that you're here, Tashi pls, I must know.. How does she feel? Is she everything you could have dreamed for?

I'm dying to find out.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Are you working with the sustain team for the playlists?

While I'm not on the sustain team, it's certainly a collaborative process. It's like that for many things as I've come to learn. It's pretty awesome.

Cool, figured as much. And now that you're here, Tashi pls, I must know.. How does she feel? Is she everything you could have dreamed for?

I'm dying to find out.

You've never played Halo before?

Thermite

Either you're trolling, trying to pick a fight, or whining just to hear yourself whine. Have you even read 75% of HaloGAF over the past few years. The overwhelming majority shit on 343 to the point that many fans left due to either hating Halo 4 or being sick of the constant negativity

Why does it only have to be one out of those three? Why can't it be a combination or perhaps none of those? Thanks for telling me my motivations, though.

The H2 campaign is being given the CEA treatment, and every single multiplayer map from the game is being included with a pretty big upscale in graphical quality and framerate. How is that half-assed? I look at the additional remade maps as some sort of odd bonus; not sure why they felt it was necessary other than to perhaps attract more players to an H4 playlist (which is where I imagine they would be), but it's no reason to think that it would have been better spent working on doing something better for the overall collection. And really, what more could you expect or want? Every single Halo multiplayer map is going to be running out of a central hub that can be accessed without having to jump through additional hoops to get from CE - 4. I'm still unsure of how the playlists will work out myself but, until we get a little more information, I'm more than happy to just enjoy the moment.

My point is, why stop at 6 maps for visual upgrades? Why 6? There are like 20+ maps for Halo 2. If you're going to remake the game, remake it.

wrong

80507016c8ukf.jpg

We're posting actual pictures of Gaffers now? New low......

We're not actually upset that there are only six H2 maps that look like shitty Halo 4 visuals right? Play the game in its original form, 1080p 60FPS, that's all you need, who gives a shit about some shiny new graphics, the game will look and feel great because of the resolution and framerate, not because of some new visuals. I saw the Sniper model in Halo 2 Anniversary graphics and immediately checked out, it looks terrible.

I am partly, but also partly because it's going to either split the playlists or cause playlists to have a weird visual discrepancy. You don't dig the Halo 4 visuals, ok cool. I personally never had a problem with Halo 4 visuals. Halo 2 is not a game that has aged well visually imo, 1080p or no.

Not in:
. . . 1080p and running at 60fps. :)
;]
..well, except for H2V but PFFFFFFFFT
We've been told it feels like Halo by a 343 employee before.
That Pistol mannnn..... Finallyyyyyyy lmfao -- Still can't believe it. And I imagine I'll be making these posts until the damn game is actually released and I see it for my own three eyes.

link1201

While I'm not on the sustain team, it's certainly a collaborative process. It's like that for many things as I've come to learn. It's pretty awesome.

Say, is David Ellis still going to do the Podcasts or is that you now? In either case I look forward to the next one. It's been too long. :)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Say, is David Ellis still going to do the Podcasts or is that you now? In either case I look forward to the next one. It's been too long. :)

There will indeed be new media for delicious public consumption in the months leading up to the launch. As for what type of media, we'll just have to wait and see. :)

Booties

Banned
Anyone who seen the shield/bubble thing on the Ascension remake. I believe it's controlled by a switch on mid level of big tower.

ascenswitch_zps98a1bc20.png

(you can see this "switch" has a hologram which looks similar to the center structure)
If this turns out to be true, I think it could be pretty interesting for team play.

Isn't that where the health kit used to be?

e; ooooh wait that was reach. There was one in that room, could be there but I don't remember 100%

Woorloog

Banned
That sounds painful. Why would they do that?
Grants magic powers. It doesn't kill you... so why not?
Which one was shatter again? Ive completely forgotten most of the maps, lol..
Shatter is easy to remember, it is the utterly unplayable map in splitscreen.
Though perhaps this depends on whether you play in splitscreen. And whether you can remember it from the other splitscreen-unplayable maps...

Top Bottom