• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

RoKKeR

paradise_snoopsjddl.gif

My thoughts exactly

Madness

Eh, I shouldn't get too "emotional" into news, wait for more information but I admitted since I've heard this collection was real, I've been extremely impatient for some reason, like I need to know everything. Sorry if I contributed to any derail, especially when I read customs only for game specific the past few pages.

Everyone all aboard the hype train again. Apologies to Frankie too.

These mixed playlists are just the thing we need in order to discuss which Halo game really plays best ;] -- People were so quick to lump Halo 1-3 together when dissing Halo Reach and 4, but now they're flipping out that they may be forced to go from one game to the next between matches hahah

Funny shit.

RoKKeR

These mixed playlists are just the thing we need in order to discuss which Halo game really plays best ;] -- People were so quick to lump Halo 1-3 together when dissing Halo Reach and 4, but now they're flipping out that they may be forced to go from one game to the next between matches hahah

Funny shit.

Hope they give us playlist numbers.

Would be surprised if they didn't as it's been in every LIVE Halo, right?

wwm0nkey

I just want the collection now :(

I am really happy I decided to get an Xbox One now though, not missing out on anything this gen and Microsoft did a great turn around from last year

I think I finally caught up with everything. It's so magical how once again Im in a over death hype feel for another halo release for the fall T-T Nothing can tide over the feels and fully distract me... smash bros 3ds had a chance but it got pushed back to october so its only mario kart 8 and random other things for now >< how are others here handling their hype?

RoKKeR

I just want the collection now :(

I am really happy I decided to get an Xbox One now though, not missing out on anything this gen and Microsoft did a great turn around from last year

Agreed, I'm in that 'impatient' stage right now post-E3 bombshells where I just want to play everything coming out in the fall right now haha.

Frankie has honestly been so great with answering questions here. It's been really nice.

Indeed. Gotta keep that hype train rollin on. 343 sure has their work cut out for them...

Eh, I shouldn't get too "emotional" into news, wait for more information but I admitted since I've heard this collection was real, I've been extremely impatient for some reason, like I need to know everything. Sorry if I contributed to any derail, especially when I read customs only for game specific the past few pages.

Everyone all aboard the hype train again. Apologies to Frankie too.

When the devs throw the fans a bone such as this, it's only natural for us to all get caught up in the details. We want it to be excellent! I don't think you derailed anything, they were absolutely valid fears.

CHOO CHOO

Madness

Funny shit.

Its no question though the majority will be H2/H3 or that H2 updated playlist. Those were just the more "popular" games and what people are nostalgic for.

The only reason I was flipping out is, imagine we have like ten straight games of 2v2 using pistols in CE and we finally start to get in the groove and the next match is 2v2 AR starts on Guardian in H3. Will completely throw off the rhythm and play style. It's very difficult to play at a high level and switch games on the fly then. Even if I stop playing for a few days or weeks, I'm a bit horrible jumping back in. Maybe that's just me.

I just wonder how the resolution bump, 60 frames and dedicated servers will impact games. A game like Halo 3 will really benefit, Halo 4 even. And if the H2A playlist is basically a better version of Legendary BR's Halo 4 with descoping brought in, I can see it cannibalize the high level H4 players.

wwm0nkey

Yep, agreed.

And MM with dedicated servers net code...... yes please.
Halo 3 will seriously feel like a whole new game. 1080p to make everything pretty, 60fps for smoother gameplay and dedicated servers for more consistent gameplay.

This applies to Halo 2 and 1 as well but I have a feeling it will have a greater impact on Halo 3.

SOLIDDDD

Banned
I'd still like a definitive answer on ranks but I doubt I get it. Would be much more fun earning them in each individual game than having one rank carry over to every game. Also a Halo 4 50 in slayer for example may only be a 40 in Halo 2 slayer.

Defect

My question is about join in progress. I'm not sure if they are able to add it to halo 1-3 and I hope they don't but will halo 4 have it again? If so how would that work in the mixed games playlist?

Also what will lobbies look like?

Madness

Halo 3 needs a FoV improvement. But I'm pretty sure resolution will make a massive impact. Wasn't it only 640p in a sense? 1152x640? Plus a lot of the game was a bit slow and I agree in hindsight, so 60 fps will be welcome. I wonder if they'll bring back the fire grenades and flame thrower for maps.

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
Halo 3's the first thing I'm playing. Aside from character models (and resolution), it's a gorgeous game.

Halo 3 has noticeable framerate issues. I really hope the 60fps helps and I'm sure the XB1 can keep the game running at 60fps. Halo 3 has a slew of other problems(not really problems, just things I don't agree with), that make it hard for me to enjoy the game. I have tons of Halo 3 friends, so I'm sure if we're playing cross game playlists, I'm going to have to endure countless Guardian matches. Hopefully the netcode, framerate, and resolution help me enjoy the game a little more.

belushy

Banned
I think I'm going to start streaming once HCMM comes out, but I'll probably just use the in-console stream to twitch feature on Xbox One. I know that the quality depends on your internet, but does it cap at all? So if I have Speedy Fiber internet, my stream quality would still only cap at 480p or do I not have to worry about that?

Omni

what will you guys do to pass the time till november?
I'm so tempted to just run through Halo 2 or CEA again. But I don't want to burn myself out before the collection is even released

Sooo. I foresee a lot of random BF4 and Halo 4 multiplayer in the days ahead

what will you guys do to pass the time till november?

The Last of Us marathons all July.
August is snooze central.
Dance Central all day everyday in September.
Then Forza Horizon 2 all day everyday in September.

Mix both games up frequently in October. Add some 3DS Smash Bros as well.

Shame that aside from Forza Horizon 2 and Dance Central, there are no other good games coming out in September. :(

BigShow36

Halo 3 will seriously feel like a whole new game. 1080p to make everything pretty, 60fps for smoother gameplay and dedicated servers for more consistent gameplay.

This applies to Halo 2 and 1 as well but I have a feeling it will have a greater impact on Halo 3.

Lipstick on a pig.

Random17

In other news, credit for this gif goes to "TheClunkierBean's" video, first linked on BNET. (MC vs PS4)

irRYotpqJ6qn1.gif

----
Are there going to be any changes to the system in Halo 2 where a death on Legendary-Coop = Revert? It would make the Iron Skull more relevant if this was changed, and I doubt anyone would be upset with this change, since it would be inline with the rest of the games.

Booshka

All you scrubs twiddling your thumbs should put them to use and play Dark Souls while it is still free, pick up the DLC if you put some real time into it, it's fantastic.. Then get Dark Souls 2 (on PC if you can) get the upcoming DLC every month this summer. Plenty of content to keep the time moving. Then play Demon's Souls and get hyped for Bloodborne.

My dream MLG lineup would be 1v1 and 2v2 Halo CE, 4v4 Halo 2 and Shadowrun. Although I think 6v6 Counter-Strike style would be really good for Shadowrun too, but not enough people want to try it.

Top Bottom