• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Halo 5 needs multiplayer innovation that fits in Halo. The way Respawn crafted an awesome looking movement system that differs from most every game, Halo needs to create something new and fresh that feels right in classic Halo.

Halo needs to be a front runner again, not a follower. Show me what you got 343.

Mayyhem

Believing that Halo 5 will be more traditional Halo and less CalloFHaLo4 is foolish.

However, if Titanfall is successful we may see some wall jumping, halo style.

Parkour doesn't have to work like in TitanFall. It could be a replacement for Jetpack and Sprint, and even Mancannons to an extent. Forge would come with a new Mobility category in the inventory. Some items could be:

Ladder
Wall, Parkour
Billboard, Parkour
Parkour Brush, Natural
Parkour Brush, Artificial
Parkour Brush, Digital
Parkour Toggler

Ladders would work as always.
Walls/billboards would work how we've seen in TitanFall.
A "Parkour Brush" would modify existing objects. Rather than pick up objects with it held, you can "paint" objects over with a flag that would allow them to be used by the Parkour button and change the dimensions of the brush in the process. Natural would cover objects in things like vines, Artificial in handrails and steps, and Digital in more HUD-looking space noise that would indicate you can wallrun on them. You can also use checkboxes to indicate what modes of Parkour they allow: Horizontal, Vertical, or Free Movement. Horizontal would consist of wallrunning, Vertical of Ladder-style climbing, and Free Movement lets them move anywhere it's brushed.

The Parkour Toggler allows you to click an object and pick Horizontal/Vertical/Free Movement. This allows the entire object to be used by the Parkour button, for example making a crate float in midair and covering it in vines.

I also personally wouldn't expect to be able to use your weapon while parkour-ing in Halo, but TitanFall proved me wrong on that one.

Believing that Halo 5 will be more traditional Halo and less CalloFHaLo4 is foolish.

However, if Titanfall is successful we may see some wall jumping, halo style.

Lots of us take comfort in wishful thinking, I suppose.

Add wall jumping.
Leave sprint.
Remove perks and loadouts.

Halo.

I agree, but 343 is in the business to make money as well. They have to balance making current and longtime fans happy, whilst capturing new fans, especially away from other shooters.

I meant to say if Halo 5 removes a lot of these changes, no personal ordnance, back to basics, in sea of shooters like Destiny, TitanFall, Battlefield 4, they're going to definitely bring it up, especially in their reviews. How many games reviewers actually care enough about Halo to know how much sprint has broken the maps/gameplay?

Regarding paragraph one. 343 will get theirs. You can be sure of that. Halo still has really great sales apparently. That will continue.

Paragraph two. I understand, Its almost a burden they are going to have to bear and say hey Halo worked better without sprint heres why and just flat out say in a video or something be like "Hey this is why were doing this" and word will spread. They have to advertise that shit "Hey were finally 60fps come enjoy the smoothest Halo ever" "Sorry we fucked up heres a ranking system" Admit your latest shit sucked and you'll get tons of new fans/ get the old fans back. I mean its not like they've really EXPLAINED why they've gone the CoD route or really explained any of their other changes that well.

I will be more happy if they improve the thruster pack to be more practical and use it to make a second small jump on any surface using the impulse from the thruster like megaman X

TCKaos

I made a miniature city map in Forge for use for a gametype I've been thinking of making, where survivors in Mantises have to fight off Kaiju/Flood. It might also work for Mech Assault gametypes.

1014387_10152984717120647_985988523_n.jpg

1001797_10152984717130647_580371148_n.jpg

1269_10152984717125647_1384865371_n.jpg

1012297_10152984724760647_2101687645_n.jpg

PNut

Banned
Game needs focus Halo is an arena shooter, remember who you are Halo.

You are not battlefield, you are not Call of Duty.

It's been said a million times but at the end of the day the Halo 4 online population is all the evidence anyone needs that Halo is in a bad state. What happen to the 400k people playing the first week? Even after the new COD came out it held 200k for a couple weeks but most realized it wasn't true Halo, Spartan Ops was not as good as Firefight, no real ranking system, no small maps and Custom options were limited as well. Tack on flinch, random ordinance, personal ordinance and AA's and the true 200/300k Halo fans said fuck it.

343 has taking some steps in the right direction with Halo 4 lately, but it's too late for this game. Hopefully it bleeds over into Halo 5 development. They have the chance to make the next Halo real Halo and sell millions of copies without catering to the COD crowd and average a lot more than 30k online every day. It's so obvious it's painful.

Be great to see Microsoft step up and say fuck it and make a more traditional Halo. Give us Halo 2/3 multiplayer with all the options of those games. Make customs fun again, in-game ranks and ban kids who cheat. It's 2013 stop bullshitting fans that cheaters are the reason we can't have nice things. Dedi's should help that problem right?

Madness

Tashi/FyreWulff, did you folks find out how Spartan Assault is played on non surface/touchscreen devices? Meaning on a Windows 8 laptop?

Edit: meant Spartan Assault*

Madness

They only had touch devices there that I saw. Surfaces and Windows Phone 8.

Damn, I don't know if I'd even attempt getting it then. Should be a day one XBLA release. Walking Dead, Minecraft, State of Decay sell hundreds of thousands of copies. Don't see it selling much at all on just Windows 8 devices.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tashi/FyreWulff, did you folks find out how Spartan Assault is played on non surface/touchscreen devices? Meaning on a Windows 8 laptop?

Edit: meant Spartan Assault*

I think they announced they're adding controller support.

wwm0nkey

I made a miniature city map in Forge for use for a gametype I've been thinking of making, where survivors in Mantises have to fight off Kaiju/Flood. It might also work for Mech Assault gametypes.

Put the mini-slayer mode on it and its a full city lol

Shadders

Damn, I don't know if I'd even attempt getting it then. Should be a day one XBLA release. Walking Dead, Minecraft, State of Decay sell hundreds of thousands of copies. Don't see it selling much at all on just Windows 8 devices.

But it will sell Windows 8 devices, which is the point.

I bought Windows 8 to play it.

Fuchsdh

Yes that did announce that but I can't remember if it was all for launch or post launch for some devices.

Post-launch, I believe.

And yeah, in as far as a few people might jump to Windows 8 to play Halo, I think it'll work, but even a full-blown AAA Halo as killer app wouldn't move the needle much. I suspect they'll get it to XBLA eventually.

Halo 5 needs multiplayer innovation that fits in Halo. The way Respawn crafted an awesome looking movement system that differs from most every game, Halo needs to create something new and fresh that feels right in classic Halo.

Halo needs to be a front runner again, not a follower. Show me what you got 343.
I think it needs Campaign innovation more than the other (but that could be in a multiplayer fashion). The game is initially judged upon that, and 4 was wanting in that regard.

Caayn

But it will sell Windows 8 devices, which is the point.

I bought Windows 8 to play it.
I doubt that people will buy Windows 8 solely for Halo. It may be the extra bit that pushes them over the edge, but those people would have bought a Windows 8 device anyway -they're just buying it earlier now. Halo isn't the unique and fun game series that it once was.

Is Halo 2 Vista still operable? We're nearing the end of June.
Just checked and I can still find games. Only 13 people online at the moment :(

I think it needs Campaign innovation more than the other (but that could be in a multiplayer fashion). The game is initially judged upon that, and 4 was wanting in that regard.
Campaign innovation is fine, but please less Hollywood 343i. I prefer the more "silent" and epic campaign of 2 and 3 over the campaign from 4.

Fuchsdh

Campaign innovation is fine, but please less Hollywood 343i. I prefer the more "silent" and epic campaign of 2 and 3 over the campaign from 4.

You referring to the Chief? More chatty Chief was a good thing; aside from the final scene the Cortana/Chief bits were the element of the campaign 343i nailed. But yeah I would prefer more time exploring, less linear playspaces and open environments. As for "epic", that partially depends on the story.

IHaveIce

Banned
Nutter is Kevin Franklin? Mindfuckingblown
Damn lol.

When do you guys think we will see anything Halo One related? VGAs? Or will it again take ages like with Halo 4 and we see it at next E3?

I don't to have a reveal again in a magazine, there was so much confusion. Reveal it with vidocs

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
What's this? I only know of the 60 fps Dedicated servers one they announced with the trailer.

Come on son. You think there's only one Halo game in development?

The wording is telling. Halo on Xbox One will be 60fps and have Dedicated servers. "Halo" as in the franchise.

Top Bottom