• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

JDHarbs

How realistic of a chance does Halo 3's population have at surpassing Halo 4's next month when it goes free to Gold members?

Madness

How realistic of a chance does Halo 3's population have at surpassing Halo 4's next month when it goes free to Gold members?

Very little. Sure it'll create a nice bump, but I don't think it'll pull in huge numbers. Though you never know.

Although Frank and BS Angel said there were only plans to fix Reach playlists and not Halo 3, the fact it'll be free for everyone means a good chance to consolidate playlists if more start playing.

JDHarbs

Very little. Sure it'll create a nice bump, but I don't think it'll pull in huge numbers. Though you never know.

Although Frank and BS Angel said there were only plans to fix Reach playlists and not Halo 3, the fact it'll be free for everyone means a good chance to consolidate playlists if more start playing.
I'd imagine it would skyrocket at least for the first few days its free, but many probably won't stick around once they realize they only get 2 playlists without buying all of the DLC. If there was ever a time to make the DLC free, its now imho.

Can't imagine the population will change a lot. Maybe it'll get a few people playing it because of the buzz of it being free, but I think the number of people who will be hopping online fresh will be pretty small.

Still, increase Halo 3's FOV in a TU and tweak the playlists and I'll forgive you for everything 314. ♥

So I have a xml file which is a modified gametype and I want to take it into my Xbox, I also downloaded KSoft but I don't know how to start.

Anyone here got any gametype validated?

Serious question: why do some posters in here discuss the annualizing of Halo as something that may happen? It's already happened. There has been a Halo game every year for the 4 years straight and 6 Halo games in the last 6 years.

TCKaos

So I have a xml file which is a modified gametype and I want to take it into my Xbox, I also downloaded KSoft but I don't know how to start.

I'm not sure how KSoft works, but in order to get your gametypes and such to function on your 360 you need to have them resigned, which you can do using Horizon. You're also going to want to put that data on any USB hard drive, which you're going to need to format specifically for 360 purposes (if you've got a 2GB thumbdrive that'll do fine, just plop that shit in the 360's USB drive and follow the prompts). Save any gametype you want to edit to the thumbdrive.

JackHerer

Serious question: why do some posters in here discuss the annualizing of Halo as something that may happen? It's already happened. There has been a Halo game every year for the 4 years straight and 6 Halo games in the last 6 years.

So what's coming this year? I don't think Spartan Assault counts. I feel like if something else was coming in 2013 it would have been announced already.

So what's coming this year? I don't think Spartan Assault counts. I feel like if something else was coming in 2013 it would have been announced already.

Yeah I was really surprised at no announcement of a Halo game for this year at E3.

Still though, 6 games in the past 6 years is annual, you know, by definition.

Madness

I think it's probably 'main' games. Halo:CE 2001, Halo 2 2004, Halo 3 2007, Halo:Reach 2010, Halo 4, 2012.

The rest is Halo 3: ODST 2009, Halo Wars 2009, Halo:CEA 2011, now Halo: Spartan Assault 2013.

ODST was a short, almost expansion of a game. Halo Wars was entirely different game/genre, Halo:CEA basically a re-release with prettier graphics. Same goes for Spartan Assault.

Unlike Call of Duty or Assassins Creed which have annualized their main games. Not just expansions or spinoffs.

You can say Halo is annualized the way Mario is, because there's a new Mario game every year, but it's not Mario in the sense of 64, Sunshine or Galaxy.

Karl2177

I've gotten 1 to work where I just was messing with the weapon tuning. I just decoded, changed the xml, reencoded, resigned it in Horizon, injected it back to the flash drive, and played it. For seemingly random reasons, the game will reject some modded gametypes.

willow ve

Did Fable 3 get a big bump this week? I wouldn't expect much for Halo 3.

Also, as Halo 3 had the issue with slow load times when installed to hard drives... how is this going to be a good experience for the Halo brand when it's 100% digital download?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Is Halo 3 going to be free on the 1st or the 16th? Also, does anyone know if you can only get the game on that day, or will they be available the entire month?

Defect

Is Halo 3 going to be free on the 1st or the 16th? Also, does anyone know if you can only get the game on that day, or will they be available the entire month?
I'm pretty sure Halo 3 and Ac2 will be available July 1st. They will be free for the whole month.

FyreWulff

Did Fable 3 get a big bump this week? I wouldn't expect much for Halo 3.

Also, as Halo 3 had the issue with slow load times when installed to hard drives... how is this going to be a good experience for the Halo brand when it's 100% digital download?

Most are probably just going to assume it's because it's a game from 2007

Defect

I think I read somewhere that one game comes out on the 1st and the other comes out on the 16th.
Yeah I just read that on Joystiq. I hope Halo 3 comes out on the 1st. Even though I can still find matches in ranked searching in 3's and 2's, the population needs a boost.

Booshka

Yeah I just read that on Joystiq. I hope Halo 3 comes out on the 1st. Even though I can still find matches in ranked searching in 3's and 2's, the population needs a boost.

Is the DLC with Heretic free or cheap? I would like to play MLG playlist in Halo 3, but I don't want to pay more than like 3 bucks on DLC, and would prefer if it was free.

TCKaos

Oh god jesus why is everything different?

This might take a while to get used to. I'm currently feeling that blind Facebook-change anger.

Wrong thread. We should get everyone together tomorrow night for wacky and/or competitive customs using new gametypes and maps.

Nowise10

Someone at sometime should get a Custom Game Lobby going with gun game, as I know im never going to be able to get enough people in a lobby to play and have it be fun

Madness

Hey, I was thinking, next gen, XbOne uses 50gb dual layer BD as their discs.

Would it be possible to have all three campaigns and all the multiplayer, untouched on one disc?

Meaning a Halo trilogy edition release. All 3 campaigns, all 3 multiplayer untouched. At the menus you just pick which multiplayer you want to play. Maybe there could be new UI that shows all 3 and the populations playlists etc.

Would that ever work? So you could seamlessly go from having a match of 1v1 pistols on Prisoner to 4v4 Midship CTF, to 4v4 MLG Pit etc.

Didnt Frankie already say that they are updating the halo 3 playlists?

If you are reading this frankie - please get the sustain team to lower the player counts in playlists - if social slayer was 4v4 lag/ quitters and the flow of the game would feel so much better. Also please remove dlc restrictions - at this point no one cares about the dlc.

Oh and also please remove hammers and swords from every playlist and shove them into action sack where they belong

Social slayer having a higher chancs of BR starts would literally make my day too.

Do this and we can be bestest pals forever

FyreWulff

Didnt Frankie already say that they are updating the halo 3 playlists?

If you are reading this frankie - please get the sustain team to lower the player counts in playlists - if social slayer was 4v4 lag/ quitters and the flow of the game would feel so much better. Also please remove dlc restrictions - at this point no one cares about the dlc.

Oh and also please remove hammers and swords from every playlist and shove them into action sack where they belong

Social slayer having a higher chancs of BR starts would literally make my day too.

Do this and we can be bestest pals forever

Then Social Slayer would just be a redundant copy of Team Slayer (which you don't want in a consolidation). Just play Team Slayer.

I've gotten 1 to work where I just was messing with the weapon tuning. I just decoded, changed the xml, reencoded, resigned it in Horizon, injected it back to the flash drive, and played it. For seemingly random reasons, the game will reject some modded gametypes.

I downloaded Horyzon and it's telling me to go Diamond in order to be able to mod H4, is that neccesary?

How do I get to resign the gametype in Horyzon? do I just drag and drop the xml file in there?

Also, when I execute KSoft I get this quick pop up which then vanishes, nothing happens :(

inwDmrJMPZJxU.png

Karl2177

I downloaded Horyzon and it's telling me to go Diamond in order to be able to mod H4, is that neccesary?
Nope. You don't need Diamond to do their basic gametype mods. You should just be able to plug in your flash drive and little thing will pop up on the right. You go to the gametype you want and hit extract file. Sometimes you'll have to do it twice, because Horizon will save a byte sized version, and it should be 80-120 kB.

How do I get to resign the gametype in Horyzon? do I just drag and drop the xml file in there?
Close. After you've got the xml file, you'll have to encode it using KSoft.Tool. Once you've done that, you just drag and drop the new file into Horizon and it will resign it after you've selected the profile you want.

Also, when I execute KSoft I get this quick pop up which then vanishes, nothing happens :(
Can you send me the full command that you are trying to enter?

I don't know, it's a big download and an old game. It's definitely worth signing on and checking it out.

Hey, is Halo 2 Vista still planned to go offline next week?

Yeah I was really surprised at no announcement of a Halo game for this year at E3.

Still though, 6 games in the past 6 years is annual, you know, by definition.
On average. No Halo game was released in 2008. And it's not like they've just recycled the game like Madden or Call of Duty every time. In fact, the only game close to feeling recycled is ODST, and even there, the drastic change in tone, campaign layout, and the new Firefight mode really made it feel like a new, unique product. Bungie really knocked it out of the park with that expansion (and then Microsoft fucked it up by releasing at $60).

Edit: Blech, double post, slow thread, new layout, blech.

gAg CruSh3r

How is the gun game?

My friend and I tried it out. It works beautifully! We are having a LAN tonight to try out it. Along with the 1 flag CTF settings he got from his modded Xbox. What a beautiful thing let me tell you. All the settings that could have been on Halo 4 is crazy! You can change how fast you can reload your weapons and how fast you can switch weapons. I will post the list soon.

Top Bottom