• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I made a miniature city map in Forge for use for a gametype I've been thinking of making, where survivors in Mantises have to fight off Kaiju/Flood. It might also work for Mech Assault gametypes.

You should do Mini Spartans and Bigger Flood.

Gametype of the Year

TCKaos

You should do Mini Spartans and Bigger Flood.

Gametype of the Year

I'll do it if I can figure out Megalo. I am ungood at coding.

Also fuck Tom Nook. That mother fucker took an entire week to get a goddamn fishing rod in stock. I PAYED MY MORTGAGE YOU FUCK, WHAT TOOK SO LONG?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Also fuck Tom Nook. That mother fucker took an entire week to get a goddamn fishing rod in stock. I PAYED MY MORTGAGE YOU FUCK, WHAT TOOK SO LONG?

I think you could also use Horizon's gametype editor to do it.

Gui_PT

He is very mansome, I'll give you that. Maybe he missed his true calling modelling Jordache jeans or something.

eezNBJE.gif

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Tom Nook helped create the mortgage fraud that led to the recession.

Also the people in that town are scum. Don't loan them anything, ever.

malfcn

Fiesta Flag would be insane.

I was dancing on the delivery point today and it wouldn't cap. That was annoying on Lightning.

TCKaos

Everybody in that town is a lazy fuck. Nobody returns anything. I mean, Jesus, no wonder additions to my shoebox house are over a hundred grand. I just got here and I'm like some kind of enforcer of contracts and justice.

And I'm just as bad, because then I steal all of the shit in the lost and found. All of it. Every. Day.

Gui_PT

I want modders to do ridiculous and insane things like...

CTF where you only pick up the flag if you want to, without a magnum while you hold it AND can flag juggle

Some sort of... bomb planting gametype. As if you were assaulting the enemy's base. They could call it... Bomb Plant!

Booshka

Halo One: Combat Evolved.

I'm gettin trolled so hard.

Maybe if there are a half dozen Halo games in the next 5 years one of them will be good by accident. Playing the numbers game.

BigShow36

Halo One: Combat Evolved.

I'm gettin trolled so hard.

Maybe if there are a half dozen Halo games in the next 5 years one of them will be good by accident. Playing the numbers game.

Yeah, my hope is they will be so busy with all the Halo games that one of them will slip through the cracks and not get fucked up.

Booshka

Yeah, my hope is they will be so busy with all the Halo games that one of them will slip through the cracks and not get fucked up.

They will be in such a rush to get one of them out that they need to contract out John Howard to help finish the game, his 6 months of work will lead to brilliance.

I don't know how I feel about the recent Halo news. Just the way that Phil Spencer's been wording everything lately, including the Xbox One, has me slightly concerned.

Microsoft is Master Chief's greatest foe.

Tom Nook is a pussy
cat.

So I was looking at Reach's HaloBall Megalo script and the sound you hear when the balls score is actually an unused invasion sound for when the first stage generators are taken down.

sound\device_machines\omaha\boneyard_generator_power_down

I'm loving this shit.

Madness

Well they said it a while ago they wanted Halo to be sort of annualized. I can't remember where I read the news. Not really surprising. Call of Duty, Assassins Creed etc.

This means probably a main Halo game every 1.5-2 years by 343, probably a spin off or variation Halo game in the years between.

Dat Marty music.

Just your daily reminder that Halo 2 was supposed to have sprint.

Mmm. Wasn't halo 2 supposed to have spectator mode too?
(Bungie was really ambitious with H2)

Also, the other day I went to a friends house, and when we tried to play some customs in Halo 4... I just realized how unfriendly it is for doing customs, in the end we all downloaded our gamertags so we have access to the loadouts we wanted, since we didn't know how to set it in a general setting. (Is possible to make it so everybody starts with "x" weapon, even if they doesn't have it unlocked?)

Edit: Oh, hey, unjuniored. Took me a really long time to get 300 posts...

Believing that Halo 5 will be more traditional Halo and less CalloFHaLo4 is foolish.

However, if Titanfall is successful we may see some wall jumping, halo style.

"If" TitanFall is successful? Ill call it right now and say that that game will make hypocrites of all those people who said they'd never buy an Xbox One.

Madness

"If" TitanFall is successful? Ill call it right now and say that that game will make hypocrites of all those people who said they'd never buy an Xbox One.

I liked what I saw with TitanFall, hyped for it even more than Destiny. But there is no way to say it'll change the industry.

Remember, when Call of Duty 2 came out, there was nothing else comparable on consoles. Very little competition. They used that goodwill for CoD4:MW and the rest is history.

But now, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts will be out before TitanFall, and Destiny will launch close to it as well and people will ask if they want to spend a full $60 on a game that has no single player. Now to most fans of multiplayer games, they would prefer the entire focus on multiplayer and forgo single player altogether. But to a lot or consumers, it's an instant turn off. Look at Shadowrun, what a solid game, great gameplay. But it did poorly in sales.

I hope TitanFall is a hit as well, the guys at Respawn deserve it and it's nice to see a new, fast paced shooter reminiscent of older fast movement shooters.

I liked what I saw with TitanFall, hyped for it even more than Destiny. But there is no way to say it'll change the industry.

Remember, when Call of Duty 2 came out, there was nothing else comparable on consoles. Very little competition. They used that goodwill for CoD4:MW and the rest is history.

But now, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts will be out before TitanFall, and Destiny will launch close to it as well and people will ask if they want to spend a full $60 on a game that has no single player. Now to most fans of multiplayer games, they would prefer the entire focus on multiplayer and forgo single player altogether. But to a lot or consumers, it's an instant turn off. Look at Shadowrun, what a solid game, great gameplay. But it did poorly in sales.

I hope TitanFall is a hit as well, the guys at Respawn deserve it and it's nice to see a new, fast paced shooter reminiscent of older fast movement shooters.

Im not saying itll change the industry, im saying itll be a great game that will be a very good reason to go out and buy an xbox one.

Stinkles

I was literally thrilled to see that the demo and trailer looked great simply because everything looked so FUN. You could tell what was going on, and you could literally just tell it was going to play well, just from looking at it. You could tell that the mechs were fun, the traversal of the environments, it just looked playable as hell. Basically everyone who watched that, that I talked to at least, felt the same way.

I was literally thrilled to see that the demo and trailer looked great simply because everything looked so FUN. You could tell what was going on, and you could literally just tell it was going to play well, just from looking at it. You could tell that the mechs were fun, the traversal of the environments, it just looked playable as hell. Basically everyone who watched that, that I talked to at least, felt the same way.

Yep, i agree. Just by looking at it you could tell it played well. I thought the same thing.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yea next to Destiny, Titalfall was my game of the show.

Frank did you have Destiny demo'd for you at E3? Thoughts?

Stinkles

Destiny is a no-brainer to me. It's a game they have always wanted to make and it looks rad. But I wasn't actually AT E3 this year. Went down for our keynote and then went home again on Tuesday. Because I was a single parent for a month.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.

Speaking for myself, I saw Destiny behind closed doors and can't wait to get my hands on it. I have a lot of friends over at Bungie and I have confidence they are making something fun,

Madness

It's ridiculous that the Respawn team created that with only 60 guys in the studio.

The game is a big reason to get XbOne. Though with a pc version, I wonder how many pc'ers would love to have a new fast paced shooter with intense movement and jumping.

Also I bet Frank, you and the 343 team were relieved MS changed their policies. I mean even fans of Halo were going to get PS4 first. Personally I know 2 people in real life who changed their pre orders to XbOne now.

It's ridiculous that the Respawn team created that with only 60 guys in the studio.

The game is a big reason to get XbOne. Though with a pc version, I wonder how many pc'ers would love to have a new fast paced shooter with intense movement and jumping.

Also I bet Frank, you and the 343 team were relieved MS changed their policies. I mean even fans of Halo were going to get PS4 first. Personally I know 2 people in real life who changed their pre orders to XbOne now.

Until the thing is out and there's a Destiny game, a TitanFall game and a Halo game available, i don't really believe that all of those people would not have jumped in anyway.

As soon as i saw that line up of games and TitanFall, i preordered. Even with all the DMR shit.

edit: But i also pre-ordered a ps4 right after. Gonna be espensive me thinks.

Tawpgun

Well they said it a while ago they wanted Halo to be sort of annualized. I can't remember where I read the news. Not really surprising. Call of Duty, Assassins Creed etc.

This means probably a main Halo game every 1.5-2 years by 343, probably a spin off or variation Halo game in the years between.

Would not even be mad. Though I think the spinoff might have to be an XBLA title or some single player only experience. Otherwise, Halo's population would tank across all those titles.

Wall running in Halo would be rather cool if done right, it should only be there as a small boost to either reach a ledge just out of jump crouching height or to just generally gain a little extra height in a jump, nothing else like matrix shit or running around 90 degree corners, and no running along the wall for 4 seconds that would turn the game into a john woo shooter.

It would be like a mini pocket jetpack, without the jetpack equipped.

Wall running in Halo would be rather cool if done right, it should only be there as a small boost to either reach a ledge just out of jump crouching height or to just generally gain a little extra height in a jump, nothing else like matrix shit or running around 90 degree corners, and no running along the wall for 4 seconds that would turn the game into a john woo shooter.

It would be like a mini pocket jetpack, without the jetpack equipped.

lol thats hilarious. Most people in here still cant handle whats in the game right now and now they want wall running. lol crazy, this forum is crazy

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Destiny is a no-brainer to me. It's a game they have always wanted to make and it looks rad. But I wasn't actually AT E3 this year. Went down for our keynote and then went home again on Tuesday. Because I was a single parent for a month.

Ahh damn. You gotta see it up close and personal. I caught the demo like 5 times...looks like so much fun.

Speaking for myself, I saw Destiny behind closed doors and can't wait to get my hands on it. I have a lot of friends over at Bungie and I have confidence they are making something fun,

Yea man, I'm pumped. I feel like Bungie is going to push the envelope like they have with each Halo title (besides maybe Reach)

Top Bottom