• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

FyreWulff

Halo 2 would be terrible on iOS

On average. No Halo game was released in 2008.

Although they originally intended to release ODST in 2008. They eventually released the Bungie E3 2008 Podcast (that was supposed to come out with ODST's announcement) and they didn't edit it. They were constantly referencing the fact that 'Recon' was coming out 'that winter'.

Which probably goes hand in hand with the Mythic Collection being cancelled and sat on for a year and split out to help sell Wars.

Omni

7rNTcYN.png

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/196199505

One can dream, right?

Calling BS. No way that it's happening.

I'd totally buy the trilogy on PC, but I don't see it happening at all. At most I'd expect a Windows 8 release - kinda like how they're doing Spartan Assault. Not too far fetched considering MS's history (Halo 2: Vista)

Karl2177

Uh, Do I have to insert the command into the cmd?

Here is the xml file I'm playing with, it's basically HaloBALL from Reach copied into the H4 Megalo script structure.

Wasn't HaloBall a Stockpile gametype, or am I remembering incorrectly?

Anywho, make sure you the folder you're in on the command line is the ksoft folder. Then type in
Code:
KSoft.Tool -env=blam -tool=gvar -mode=encode -game=Halo4 -path=C:\...\*gametype name(this will usually be "gf" followed by a bunch of other characters)* -offset=*most likely 0xD000* -name=HaloBALL -out=C:\...\gametypes\ -switches=01

Since we can have up to 4 "custom" folders I might have to make 4 suites of gametypes. Some are gonna be complicated as shit to get working, though.

From what the dudes over at sevensins have discussed, is it possible to change weapon projectile speed?

Wasn't HaloBall a Stockpile gametype, or am I remembering incorrectly?

Anywho, make sure you the folder you're in on the command line is the ksoft folder. Then type in
Code:
KSoft.Tool -env=blam -tool=gvar -mode=encode -game=Halo4 -path=C:\...\*gametype name(this will usually be "gf" followed by a bunch of other characters)* -offset=*most likely 0xD000* -name=HaloBALL -out=C:\...\gametypes\ -switches=01

I must be doing something wrong :(

I type the location and hit enter but I'm getting an error message.

Type:
Code:
chdir .\KSoft

Then type what I had above.

If I already have the xml file, should I decode or encode it?

I typed this:

Code:
KSoft.Tool -env=blam -tool=gvar -mode=encode -game=Halo4 "-path=C:\Users\usuario\Desktop\Megalo\gfq0a86b4vy545555i2uwv3nst10wababaeaaaaaa" -offset=0xD000 -name=HaloBALL -out=C:\Users\usuario\Desktop\Megalo\

and I'm getting this error:

One can dream, right?
The only thing that makes this seem remotely plausible is Batman Arkham Asylum and Bioshock 2 (along with Minerva's Den DLC) showing Steam achievements recently, the latter DLC not being on Steam at all. With Microsoft even abandoning GFWL on their own titles I don't doubt that we might be seeing removal patches for games in the near future.

Wtf happened:

nFPNHnd.jpg
zzh7NL4.jpg

I mean, I know the final product will vary from prototypes, but that second one looks like a Hasbro toy, not McFarlane.

On another note, Mini Slayer is ridiculous. Its particularly awesome when someone glitches in as full size and you assassinate them.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Wtf happened:

nFPNHnd.jpg
zzh7NL4.jpg

I mean, I know the final product will vary from prototypes, but that second one looks like a Hasbro toy, not McFarlane.

On another note, Mini Slayer is ridiculous. Its particularly awesome when someone glitches in as full size and you assassinate them.

Wow, that's a huge decrease in quality. D:

Karl2177

If I already have the xml file, should I decode or encode it?

I typed this:

Code:
KSoft.Tool -env=blam -tool=gvar -mode=encode -game=Halo4 "-path=C:\Users\usuario\Desktop\Megalo\gfq0a86b4vy545555i2uwv3nst10wababaeaaaaaa" -offset=0xD000 -name=HaloBALL -out=C:\Users\usuario\Desktop\Megalo\

and I'm getting this error:
In that scenario, the offset isn't 0xd000. I can't really tell where it is though. If you have the xml, you encode. If you want to get the xml, you decode.

Wtf happened:

nFPNHnd.jpg
zzh7NL4.jpg

David needs a new Jackal toy avatar.

wwm0nkey

wow Megalo can do a lot (from GunGame)

Features:

18 different weapons: Gravity Hammer, Energy Sword, Shotgun, Scattershot, Magnum, Storm Rifle, Assault Rifle, Needler, Light Rifle, Carbine, Battle Rifle, Sticky Detonator, Railgun, Sniper Rifle, Binary Rifle, Spartan Laser, Rocket Launcher, and the SAW.
By default, the weapon progression is randomized every single game. This can be customized, see below.
Your score indicates which tier you are currently on. Tier 17 is the last tier, and the first player to complete it wins.
After completing tier 17, the game will wait for three seconds in case the winner gets stuck with a plasma grenade or is assassinated at the last second.
Players go through a short (one second by default) cooldown period after getting a kill before receiving a new weapon. This means that quick multikills (e.g. killing two people with one rocket) only promote a player once.
When receiving a new weapon, players will flash with a green Regicide explosion. (This does not affect a player's shields or health in any way; it is only visual.)
Melee kills and generic grenade explosion kills do not count toward promotions.
If you successfully demote a player, then you receive a Vengeance medal. A custom statistic tracks these and can be viewed after the game ends.
If enabled, players can be demoted to tier -1 (not via suicide), where they receive an Incineration Cannon as a handicap.
Several different customizable options and trait sets, detailed below.
Weapon tuning settings from matchmaking!

Trait Sets:

Cooldown Traits: Applied to players during the cooldown period before weapon upgrades. By default, this only prevents damage, but can be used to e.g. give players a temporary radar.
Final Tier Traits: Applied to players who are on the final weapon tier and who are about to win. By default, this shows a waypoint over the player's head.
Leader Traits: Your standard leader traits from Slayer gametypes. Applied to players in the lead. Overrides all but powerups. By default, these do nothing.

Options:

Weapon Progression: Controls the weapon progression order. This defaults to Randomized, where the progression is switched up every single game (but all players in the game follow the same weapon order). Other options include Weak to Strong, where players start with a Gravity Hammer and must reach the SAW, and Strong to Weak, where players start with the SAW and must reach the Gravity Hammer.
Assassination Vengeances: Controls how players are affected by assassinations. By default, this is set to Two-Way, where assassinations demote the target and promote the killer. Other options include Promote Killer, Demote Target, and Disabled.
Sticky Vengeances: Same as Assassination Vengeances, but for sticky kills. Defaults to Demote Target.
Tier -1: If enabled, then players can be demoted to tier -1 (not via suicide), where they receive an Incineration Cannon. Defaults to Enabled.
Cooldown Time: Controls the time between when a player gets a kill and when they receive their new weapon. Defaults to 1 second.

Forge Labels:

gungame - If this is set on an object and "Game Specific" is set to TRUE, then the object will only spawn in Gun Game.
gungame_del - If this is set on an object, it will be present in every gametype except for Gun Game.
gungame_hide - If this is set on an object, it will be made invisible in Gun Game and objects (except for projectiles) will not be able to pass through it. Just for fun.

Special thanks goes out to everyone who helped me test and to everyone who has been actively involved in the gametype modding community. You guys rock.

Ghazi

That's a weird war sphinx in the video, looks cool though. It's nice to see how far they've come from some concepts. If there's more concept art for the sphinx's let me know since this is the only one I know of. It looks similar to the "in-flight" concept though.

GhaleonEB

Here are some higher quality screencaps from the Halo One trailer. Press site just uploaded the video recently.

jblhhV63LYu0Ur.png
During the live stream, this was the shot that made me think it was a Halo game and that was the Chief. Something about the rocks and the reason to hide the entire set of features on the character made me think, Halo.

Caayn

Wow. Why would a MS subsidiary promote their rival company? And 343 has put this there but not commented on it? I thought this would have been discussed more on here.
Indeed, why not promote/create the game for their own products like WP. It seems really strange to promote a competitors product in your own products.

During the live stream, this was the shot that made me think it was a Halo game and that was the Chief. Something about the rocks and the reason to hide the entire set of features on the character made me think, Halo.

Same. It really reminded me of a Halo Skybox.. I instantly thought "The Ark". And then the Forerunner thing came out of the ground and it reminded me of that giant cut sentinel from Halo 3 at first.

I was still surprised when it was Halo even after thinking that.

(Btw, congrats on the mod!)

My special brand of lore whore stupidity made me think it was Halo when I saw the shockwave in the sand the Seeker made. It looks identical to one in Reach at the end of the Package when the underground glacier explodes.

Top Bottom