• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
only need to put down six dollars. Plus free shit.

I will buy the virtual bling with that complete package. Assorted micro-transactions are to be expected (what took so long?) but being able to buy "everything" in a single pack, at a decent price... yeah that's worth supporting. This whole thing could have been terrible, but instead it seems quite sensible.

And, well, the Pit too.

My Allards are yours. This time.

TCKaos

Is that true?

As far as I know the SPARTAN-III models and their rig are still on the disc, as are the variants used for Noble Team, as seen here. Jorge's model and rig are also on the disc but not his biped, which was different from the S-IIIs.

There's a great deal of recycled assets from Reach, seeing as the game is based on it, but that isn't inherently a bad thing. From what I've heard a great deal of Covenant assets were recycled but you can't really tell without looking for it.

Well to be frank, Ricochet on the Pit(fall) looks righteous.

Also, you should release a recording of the gametype being played by two more balanced teams. That game was pretty one-sided.

TCKaos

kiss my butt I love football. No excuses. We made sports themed game type and armor perm to go with it.

seachickens, playoffs, 2013. Xboxtradamus.

You should implement that version of Griffball where the ball holder can't move, give it rounds and name it "American Griffball."

EDIT:

Also, what's the viability of making some of the levels used for SpOps available as Forge Pallets? Specifically maps like Apex and Reclaimer which could have some awesome vehicle combat.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
You should implement that version of Griffball where the ball holder can't move, give it rounds and name it "American Griffball."

EDIT:

Also, what's the viability of making some of the levels used for SpOps available as Forge Pallets? Specifically maps like Apex and Reclaimer which could have some awesome vehicle combat.

totally different network model. Geo possible but would need substantial reworking.

Conor 419

Banned
I'm back motherfuckers.

Great, so we're getting The Pit in the 4th map pack, once again incompetent Microsoft have put short term profits ahead of the overall good of the series, and rather than delivering The Pit straight up on launch, like it should have been, it's getting wheeled out for a cheap buck, where it'll have no impact on the series at all.

Worst entertainment announcement of all fucking time.

Stinkles

I'm back motherfuckers.

Great, so we're getting The Pit in the 4th map pack, once again incompetent Microsoft have put short term profits ahead of the overall good of the series, and rather than delivering The Pit straight up on launch, like it should have been, it's getting wheeled out for a cheap buck, where it'll have no impact on the series at all.

amazing lack of hyperbole.

TCKaos

totally different network model. Geo possible but would need substantial reworking.

jbjEvvCLqRgcEl.jpg

But Frankie, that means we'll never have glorious Warthog battles where the Lich was on Apex.

I'm back motherfuckers.

dkr-banefistcatch2.gif

Impossible.

Fuchsdh

amazing lack of hyperbole.

Come on Frank, he's been trying just so gosh darn hard.

Steel skins look amazing. It's like the more refined versions of the gold-plated bling guns in Army of Two.

Suggestion for NextHalo: Keep a smaller, nicer set of armor designs and just let people go crazier with the emblems, skins, and weapons. (Bringing back tertiary detail colors too!)

Mk V
Mk VI
ODST
Recon
Scout
EVA
CQB
Soldier
Recruit
GUNGNIR

All you need.

I'm back motherfuckers.

I was admitted into hospital this week because I had a serious asthma attack, I spent my birthday in hospital and I also found out some other really depressing shit that I never wanted to hear. One of my TB HDD's loaded with TV shows broke and my GF is losing her Job.

Your ban not being perma is literally the worst thing to happen to me this week.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I was admitted into hospital this week because I had a serious asthma attack, I spent my birthday in hospital and I also found out some other really depressing shit that I never wanted to hear. One of my TB HDD's loaded with TV shows broke and my GF is losing her Job.

Your ban not being perma is literally the worst thing to happen to me this week.

#dead

That sucks though. Sorry to hear.

Conor 419

Banned
Oh, and '60 FPS for Halo, yayyyyyyyy'

Yeah good one guys, fell right into that one didn't you. 'Oh look guys, the first thing we're going to announce for our new Halo game is directly influenced from the fundamental STAPLE of the entire Call of Duty series'

yayyyyyyyyyyyy

"Oh my, did we mention that we lied about all the 'careful planning' we had for this series? The trilogy is now a saga! We didn't have a fucking clue where we were going to take the series till last week! Gary the janitor said the new series of The Apprentice was kinda cool. we'll probably just go with that, LOL."

Oh, and that's not all! We're formally announcing a TV series, directed by a guy renowned for ruining large franchises like Star Wars, what could possibly go wrong! I mean, Microsoft certainly has the experience for such endeavours, after the fucking resounding success which was Spartan Op's!

Oh btw did we mention the next Halo's a shitty tablet game!

yayyyyyyyyyyy

Halo's dead!

yayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

Shadders

Laughing so hard, but this was a really sad post. Hope you're holding up ok.

Conor 419

Banned

Sorry to hear chums.

Spielberg has never really been associated with Star Wars, as far as I know...

I meant IJ, but too late the mistake's been made.

Criticizing Halo for moving to 60 FPS because COD is at 60 FPS.

The actual worst thing I've ever read on GAF, or really anywhere else to be honest.

Halo 4 is not a perfect game by any means but I still enjoy it. Looking forward to the new maps next month and Legendary Slayer... whenever that comes out.

Conor 419

Banned
Criticizing Halo for moving to 60 FPS because COD is at 60 FPS.

The actual worst thing I've ever read on GAF, or really anywhere else to be honest.

Yeah you're being unreasonable. It's not a criticism of the decision itself, but a criticism of the core underlying philosophy which drove this decision to be the first announcement they made for what will be the most significant Halo game since Halo 3. 60 FPS being a bigger deal than everything else they have planned for the next Halo game is quite frankly, nothing short of disastrous. It would be equally unreasonable to suggest that Microsoft should be given the benefit of the doubt with regards to what else they might have in store for the title, as seen from E3, they are run by absolute nutters who can't be trusted.

Madness

What's there to be really salty about with this announcement? We're getting one of the most asked for remakes, plus some armors we've always wanted.

Now yes you can say it should've been there day one, but it wasn't.

So the only way to make that right, is to make it available no? How can anyone give 343 crap for maintaining post launch support? They could have easily said, we've already got 3 map packs, some new playlists etc. That's it, but they're giving us a hit more.

As I keep saying, at this point, you're either going to play Halo 4 as it is on not at all. It's not going to change. At best we can hope for changes with Halo 5, which, going by the past several months, I'm more hopeful of now.

Oh god, why.

Elzar banned, Conor unbanned, dream come true for you no? Lol. Jk.

Shadders

Yeah you're being unreasonable. It's not a criticism of the decision itself, but a criticism of the core underlying philosophy which drove this decision to be the first announcement they made for what will be the most significant Halo game since Halo 3. 60 FPS being a bigger deal than everything else they have planned for the next Halo game is quite frankly, nothing short of disastrous. It would be equally unreasonable to suggest that Microsoft should be given the benefit of the doubt with regards to what else they might have in store for the title, as seen from E3, they are run by absolute nutters who can't be trusted.

To be honest, I suspect the 60fps announcement was a reaction to the recent news that Killzone on PS4 will run at 30fps and nothing to do with COD, MS probably wanted to point out Halo would run at 60 as part of their corporate one-upmanship with Sony.

Alternatively, they just wanted to point it out because it's actually a pretty big deal and will really improve the way Halo looks and plays.

Stinkles

To be honest, I suspect the 60fps announcement was a reaction to the recent news that Killzone on PS4 will run at 30fps and nothing to do with COD, MS probably wanted to point out Halo would run at 60 as part of their corporate one-upmanship with Sony.

Alternatively, they just wanted to point it out because it's actually a pretty big deal and will really improve the way Halo looks and plays.

I found out in this post that killzone will be 30fps, if indeed that's true.

we have been working on making this a thing for longer than ps4 has existed.

engines don't really react to pr.

there will be plenty of ps4 60fps shooters.

Reason you say?

Some things that reason may dictate:
-Reason may tell you that they aren't going to get into specific features about a game that's 17 months away on hardware that isn't out yet.
-Reason may tell you that as E3 was largely about games for their next Xbox, people were commonly highlighting things that the new hardware allowed them to do, including an increase in frame rate.
-Reason may tell you that those things applied to the new Halo game on the X1, thus why they announced a technical aspect that they could share about the game at that time that they knew fans would be looking forward to.
-Reason may also tell you that they probably have a suite of new features for their new game that they will announce at a more appropriate time, some big and some small.

This is coming from someone with little faith that the next Halo is going to be what I want out of a Halo game. I'm just using my brain a little bit.

-----------------

Curious and sort of related: Does anyone actually give a shit about Killzone with BF4 being a launch title for both systems?

Curious and sort of related: Does anyone actually give a shit about Killzone with BF4 being a launch title for both systems?

Looks pretty, but its Killzone which has come to mean. Bland story, Good AI, Shitty everything else.

I'm not really super looking forward to any launch games. KI and DR3 look the most fun. Forza 5 is instabuy. I'll spend more time with BF4 and CoD:DoG

Really looking forward to that Halo 2 Anniversary. Right Frank?

Conor 419

Banned
Reason you say?

Some things that reason may dictate:
-Reason may tell you that they aren't going to get into specific features about a game that's 17 months away on hardware that isn't out yet.
-Reason may tell you that as E3 was largely about games for their next Xbox, people were commonly highlighting things that the new hardware allowed them to do, including an increase in frame rate.
-Reason may tell you that those things applied to the new Halo game on the X1, thus why they announced a technical aspect that they could share about the game at that time that they knew fans would be looking forward to.
-Reason may also tell you that they probably have a suite of new features for their new game that they will announce at a more appropriate time, some big and some small.

This is coming from someone with little faith that the next Halo is going to be what I want out of a Halo game. I'm just using my brain a little bit.

There are plenty of evolutionary features that would have been both far more technically impressive and philosophically satisfying to Halo fans than the announcement of Halo ? running at 60 frames per second. Why not announce something that would feel genuinely appropriate for the Halo series, for example

- Emphasis that the next Halo will return to delivering tuly open, large scale, organic combat encounters,
- Larger scale for BTB, 64 players etc
- A prioritisation in taking the unparalleled artificial intelligence the series was (once) known for, even further.
- The benefits that social interconnectivity and stronger processing would provide for Forge and Theater
- Custom Game Server Lobbies

60 FPS is nice, but there are way more obvious ways of selling the next Halo game on a technical level outside of a smoother framerate, the fact it didn't strike them to announce one of these first is highly questionable, particularly as it means they wont be willing to sacrifice the framerate for any of these, which doesn't seem right for Halo...

There are plenty of evolutionary features that would have been both far more technically impressive and philosophically satisfying to Halo fans than the announcement of Halo ? running at 60 frames per second. Why not announce something that would feel genuinely appropriate for the Halo series, for example

- Emphasis that the next Halo will return to delivering tuly open, large scale, organic combat encounters,
- Larger scale for BTB, 64 players etc
- A prioritisation in taking the unparalleled artificial intelligence the series was (once) known for, even further.
- The benefits that social interconnectivity and stronger processing would provide for Forge and Theater
- Custom Game Server Lobbies

60 FPS is nice, but there are way more obvious ways of selling the next Halo game on a technical level outside of a smoother framerate, the fact it didn't strike them to announce one of these first is highly questionable, particularly as it means they wont be willing to sacrifice the framerate for any of these, which doesn't seem right for Halo...

GO PLAY HALO PC

OverHeat

« generous god »
I found out in this post that killzone will be 30fps, if indeed that's true.

we have been working on making this a thing for longer than ps4 has existed.

engines don't really react to pr.

there will be plenty of ps4 60fps shooters.

So the game is really far along then?????

Top Bottom