• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

With new perks and cosmetic items coming, I can't help but think that the original plan was to add more specializations with the map pack...
I wish they would have done that instead of microtransactions, more specializations would have been welcomed by the people who still play =\.

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't think they mentioned this at the panel yesterday, but they are adding two new armor mods ("perks") with the TU when the DLC drops.

Top track, go to 9:30

Finaly something that lessens the delay till shield rechargement.

But as a perk it is weird. well I get mostly Slayer Pro now if I want to play slayer, right now I have the feeling if I don't want Infinity I don't get it.

Sooo.. anything happened already for Bungie Day? Pretty "boring" for now

Isn't that what Shielding does, though?
As far as I know Shielding does reduce the time to actually reload the shield, this one reduces the time to wait for the reload

Finaly something that lessens the delay till shield rechargement.

But as a perk it is weird. well I get mostly Slayer Pro now if I want to play slayer, right now I have the feeling if I don't want Infinity I don't get it.

Sooo.. anything happened already for Bungie Day? Pretty "boring" for now

As far as I know Shielding does reduce the time to actually reload the shield, this one reduces the time to wait for the reload

That could be an interesting perk to place in the no custom loadout gametypes. It *could* help with one of the issues many players have had with the time to start recharge. Although it could also be problematic with sprint.

With new perks and cosmetic items coming, I can't help but think that the original plan was to add more specializations with the map pack...
I wish they would have done that instead of microtransactions, more specializations would have been welcomed by the people who still play =\.
Yeah I was pretty confident of new specialization (10 new ranks, weapon skins, armor, and a perk) with each DLC was going to be a thing.

Surprised they didn't do that, people eat that shit up.
No that decreases the time it takes to start recharging.
Nah, doesn't shielding just make the shield recharge faster once it starts recharging?

Homeboyd

Yeah I was pretty confident of new specialization (10 new ranks, weapon skins, armor, and a perk) with each DLC was going to be a thing.

Nah, doesn't shielding just make the shield recharge faster once it starts recharging?
I actually don't know. Never used it. In the podcast they said one increases the rate, the other decreases the time it takes to start recharging. And you can stack them.

Then again I wasn't listening and am hungover so I have no idea what's going on.

IHaveIce

Banned
That could be an interesting perk to place in the no custom loadout gametypes. It *could* help with one of the issues many players have had with the time to start recharge. Although it could also be problematic with sprint.
Well Sprint's removal is discussed for the V5 settings of throwdown, so it may get taken out.
But I don't think the no custom loadout gametypes will go away from resupply and explosions ( Ithink it was them)

Yes

I actually don't know. Never used it. In the podcast they said one increases the rate, the other decreases the time it takes to start recharging. And you can stack them.

Then again I wasn't listening and am hungover so I have no idea what's going on.

Yeah I think the new one is the later.

A 3rd new armor mod?

Enhance your War Games experience with 3 all-new content packs for one special price, plus limited-time exclusive bonus content only available for those who purchase the “Halo 4” Champions Bundle. The bonus content gives you an excellent selection of upgrades that simply cannot be passed up, including an armor mod: the Resistor Tactical Package (specialized armor mod that allows Spartans to maintain their full mobility and dexterity while taking incoming fire), new weapon skins, new armor skins, and new Spartan stances for your player card. And, with the “Halo 4” Champions Bundle, you get the 3 content packs as well: the Infinity Armor Pack sets your Spartan up with legendary new armor, the Steel Skin Pack brings elaborate steampunk style to your UNSC, Covenant, and Forerunner weapons, and the Bullseye Pack delivers 2 new maps, a sports-themed Spartan armor, and 2 week early-access4 to an insane new competitive gravball game type called “Ricochet”.

So it gets rid of stopping power, then?

I'm in disbelief that they're adding more perks to this game. It's a complete U-Turn to the steps they've made in the right direction in the last couple months.

I feel the same way. Just when I think that 343 is starting to understand what makes Halo multiplayer (or just anything that's competitive, really) good, they show that they still just don't get it.

FyreWulff

Halo 2/3/Reach:

3 man hog rolling around your base. You line up the rocket launcher, BOOM, Triple kill! and then you collect the weapons they dropped

Halo 4:

3 man hog rolling around your base. You line up the rocket launcher, BOOM. And now all 3 guys had the ejection mod on, survive a rocket to the face, and DMR you to death and take your rockets for destroying their hog.

Or you laser a banshee.. who also has rockets, and rockets you while he falls with jetpack.

it's just..

i can't

senador

Banned
Pitfall sounds awesome, Vertigo looks decent, skins and armor great. More armors mods? Meh. Really hope they are part of TU for all and not part of the paid DLC.

Gui_PT

343 y

tumblr_lpj5847z3l1qhccbb.gif

Ramirez

I know, it had so much before.

It was bright at least, new one does look drab, undeniable really.

Also, lol @ new perks.

And we thought Halo 5 had a chance! All we can hope for at this point is Halo 2 Anny with MP ported over, and I think we all know how much of a chance that has of happening. ;(

Purplemage

Neo Member
Eject perk!? What the fuck. Thats all I need in BTB, more mantis and banshee domination.

I can understand the shielding perk, I think a lot of people have been clamoring for a quicker recharge. Heck even the no stopping ability might help people like me who enjoy rushing up while being shot. It's quite difficult to get close to a DMR or BR user. So maybe I can pull off more double beat downs again, ala Reach? But that eject perk? That sounds too powerful, by a long shot.

But...did we really need these?

Ramirez

Eject perk!? What the fuck. Thats all I need in BTB, more mantis and banshee domination.

I can understand the shielding perk, I think a lot of people have been clamoring for a quicker recharge. Heck even the no stopping ability might help people like me who enjoy rushing up while being shot. It's quite difficult to get close to a DMR or BR user. So maybe I can pull off more double beat downs again, ala Reach? But that eject perk? That sounds too powerful, by a long shot.

But...did we really need these?

But that was one of the actual good things about Halo 4.

Top Bottom