• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

I don't get you, no. Explain?

What I do get are the people that somewhat still enjoy playing Halo 4 discussing the pros and cons of a new map pack and items with the upcoming console transition.

What I don't get is people that wrote off Halo 4 6 months ago still telling us why they don't like Halo 4. That's who my statement was to. We get it, move on. I wouldn't think 2 new maps and some armor were going to bring those people back anyways. See if Halo 5 is more your cup of tea.

I think for a lot of us this isn't about Halo 4 so much as Halo 5 and beyond. We want to see signs that 343 is coming to grips with the series of poor design choices they made with H4's multiplayer. We're looking for some tangible reason for hope as it relates to future entries in the series.

Hearing that two new potentially game breaking perks are on the way does little to inspire confidence...

What I do get are the people that somewhat still enjoy playing Halo 4 discussing the pros and cons of a new map pack and items with the upcoming console transition.

What I don't get is people that wrote off Halo 4 6 months ago still telling us why they don't like Halo 4. That's who my statement was to. We get it, move on. I wouldn't think 2 new maps and some armor were going to bring those people back anyways. See if Halo 5 is more your cup of tea.

Would rather complain now than watch as halo 5 goes down the same way

3 steps forward
4 steps back
3 steps sideways

You should! It's really good. Don't go into it expecting Halo-quality combat, though. There's some strategy to it, but it's mostly "shoot at dudes till they drop". The combat is still fun, just in a hectic, sloppy way. The real fun of the game is in co-op, so make that happen if possible. I'd be down to play with you.
Awesome. Playing Bulletstorm right now, which is full of sloppy-but-fun gunplay. I'll be ready for Borderlands very soon.

Fracas

#fuckonami
You should! It's really good. Don't go into it expecting Halo-quality combat, though. There's some strategy to it, but it's mostly "shoot at dudes till they drop". The combat is still fun, just in a hectic, sloppy way. The real fun of the game is in co-op, so make that happen if possible. I'd be down to play with you.

3 steps forward
4 steps back
3 steps sideways

Awesome. Playing Bulletstorm right now, which is full of sloppy-but-fun gunplay. I'll be ready for Borderlands very soon.

I may be able to play if you need a third. Franklinator probably could too.

GhaleonEB

There are a fair number of Halo fans who want to like Halo, and want to like Halo 4, but well, it's Halo 4. When new stuff is announced, it's reasonable that marginally attached fans will express their delight or disappointment accordingly. Discussion from them (hi!) is just as okay as from anyone else. Just ignore it if you don't like it.

Edit: v Yup, that too, Gui.

Gui_PT

There are a fair number of Halo fans who want to like Halo, and want to like Halo 4, but well, it's Halo 4. When new stuff is announced, it's reasonable that marginally attached fans will express their delight or disappointment accordingly. Discussion from them (hi!) is just as okay as from anyone else. Just ignore it if you don't like it.

And we're looking at these changes as a window to Halo 5. If they keep making bad decisions with this game, we can assume they'll do the same with the next one,

FYC

Banned
Christ, I need to play some Halo to cheer up after hearing about Ryan Davis. I'm on the verge of tears.

I don't have a headset atm but if any of you want to add me I'm Godofnerdyness... Y'know, with a y. Stupid mistake when I made my gamertag :lol Let me know you're from GAF if you add me.

Anyways if there are any future meetups for H4 I'd love to tag along.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Christ, I need to play some Halo to cheer up after hearing about Ryan Davis. I'm on the verge of tears.

I don't have a headset atm but if any of you want to add me I'm Godofnerdyness... Y'know, with a y. Stupid mistake when I made my gamertag :lol Let me know you're from GAF if you add me.

Anyways if there are any future meetups for H4 I'd love to tag along.

Ryan was a funny, warm, charismatic guy. I am super bummed.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Oh I get that Ghal, folks like you and some others, it's the ones that do the drive-by shit on Halo 4/343 with no reasoning posts I was more referring to, which I believe you can identify. I'm always up for good discussion, the troll posts are what get old from time to time.

And we're looking at these changes as a window to Halo 5. If they keep making bad decisions with this game, we can assume they'll do the same with the next one,

Indeed, I have no issue with this discussion.

What happened to Halo 1 with Halo 2. (Most forgivable because Halo 2 was an incredibly fun game)
What happened to Halo 2 with Halo 3.
ODST without multiplayer AND/OR FF Matchmaking.
What happened to Halo 3 with Halo Reach.
What happened to Halo 4.

If you take a step back and acknowledge all the positives/negatives that have occurred from game to game, you probably won't have much faith in Halo 5. Honestly, Halo is one of my favorite franchises, but it's one of my most disappointing because of the constant refusal to respect the YEARS and YEARS of knowledge of what makes a fundamentally great Halo game.

It's crazy to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a negative nancy but it's difficult for me to trust anything Halo devs say anymore due to a severe lack of transparency and increasing shadiness. I understand how PR works, I get all that.. but so many little things in their speech whenever 343/Microsoft say something just makes me uneasy.

I haven't seen this mentioned as I'm probably one of the only few who cares about this kinda stuff, but look at the Q/A from RTX for example. Someone asks about how long this bundle was in development for so Young mentions how it hasn't been too long (around 4 months) and is pretty much answering the question from a real, humble perspective. Then Frankie interrupts and starts changing the tone of his response by saying it's been in development for a long time, "months and months" to quote exactly. Didn't Frankie just mention something about hyperboles the other day on here? You don't deserve any flack for this Frankie, so please don't take it as an attack. It's just how I feel.

I don't know man, I will always love the Halo universe, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't seriously concerned for the direction of this franchise.

Edit: v Yup, that too, Gui.

^

Nebula

I can't remember if it was Frankie or another GAF member. Leakers said you can't zoom in forge mode and the person replied with "they must be unfamiliar with the controls" or something along those lines, which suggested, to me at least, that you could in fact zoom. Made me wary of comments about the game before release from 343 employees anyway.

I'll have to dig it up.

TCKaos

Stopped watching at "Invasion was amazing"

Invasion was the best part of Reach and offered an awesome narrative based engagements. The issue was the lack of support both at and after launch which offered no variation in those engagements. When we finally got more Invasion maps (which I think was the month before Halo 4 launched, maybe even a week or two before) they were more of the same (Territories/Territories/CTF) presented in the same way on sub-par maps. The Elites not having an answer to the Magnum and spawning with Plasma Pistols didn't help, either.

Why didn't they talk about these new perks at the panel? Embarrassed?

Putting in a mod to disable stopping power (something which was a fix to the scandal of Reach's double beatdown) as DLC whilst completely ruling out a descope option and classic flag settings tells you all you need to know about 343 and how much you should 'trust them' with this once superlative videogame.

Omni

I liked the beta invasion more than retail release. Those two weeks or whatever were the most fun I got out of Reach.

Why didn't they talk about these new perks at the panel? Embarrassed?

Putting in a mod to disable stopping power (something which was a fix to the scandal of Reach's double beatdown) as DLC whilst completely ruling out a descope option and classic flag settings tells you all you need to know about 343 and how much you should 'trust them' with this once superlative videogame.
Well said. You'd have to buy an Xbox One to continue with the franchise. Good timing for those who care about such things.

Nebula

Yeah Microsoft have done nothing but disappoint recently, and the flagship franchise has all but crumbled in my eyes. I hope we all, those who dislike Halo 4 and the direction it has taken that is, find something worthy of filling the void the lack of Halo is going to leave.

I guess I'm saying I'm done. Might trade my Halo 4 in tomorrow and get shot of it for good.

Aggrotek

You know I'd be in too Kittens.

Invasion was fun but because it requires special maps its useless. It could work really well as a foundation for a Battlefront style Halo Game with the same tight controls but bigger maps and a higher player count.

I'd like to see a title like ODST(spinoff, experimental) based around another group of Spartans separate from chiefs story (maybe Noble Team and Thom) which explored what MP could be, likewise with a title like that out Halo could scale back to being that focused arena game people want.

It's never going to happen because its a huge amount of work and money but its a pipe dream of mine.

InvisibleKnight

Neo Member
QFT
I don't get it. No seriously, what the hell is up with this terrible decision making?
Is 343i still following what they planned before the release of the game? If so, why?
Or did they lost faith in getting back the old fans and now they just care about the new audience?

They did a balance overhaul with the Turbo update so what is keeping them from going even further and address all the remaining complaints?

And why there isn't a proper banhammer in place yet (idlers, modders, cheaters)?

Ghazi

Wait a minute, 343 employees don't even know their own Armor Mods? Holy shit lmfao he said they're adding a new mod that speeds the rate at which your shields recharge rather than speeding up how long it takes to start recharging like the one already in the game. The thing is that the one in the game only speeds up how fast it recharges.

LOL.

Also Halo has entered Pay to Win with the one in the bundle, people get an advantage over people who don't pay (even if it's timed).

I can't believe I supported this, Bungie would be disappoint.

I paid $100 to buy a game where I still need to spend more money to have new content and I'm at a gameplay disadvantage rather than just not having maps or cosmetics.

Ken

pay2win? there's no winning in this game.

Invasion was fun but because it requires special maps its useless. It could work really well as a foundation for a Battlefront style Halo Game with the same tight controls but bigger maps and a higher player count.

I'd like to see a title like ODST(spinoff, experimental) based around another group of Spartans separate from chiefs story (maybe Noble Team and Thom) which explored what MP could be, likewise with a title like that out Halo could scale back to being that focused arena game people want.

It's never going to happen because its a huge amount of work and money but its a pipe dream of mine.

invasion was boring because it was just bits of existing objective gametypes spliced into a single match

Wait a minute, 343 employees don't even know their own Armor Mods? Holy shit lmfao he said they're adding a new mod that speeds the rate at which your shields recharge rather than speeding up how long it takes to start recharging like the one already in the game. The thing is that the one in the game only speeds up how fast it recharges.

LOL.

Also Halo has entered Pay to Win with the one in the bundle, people get an advantage over people who don't pay (even if it's timed).

I can't believe I supported this, Bungie would be disappoint.

I paid $100 to buy a game where I still need to spend more money to have new content and I'm at a gameplay disadvantage rather than just not having maps or cosmetics.

I dont want to play Borderlands in Halo.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Wouldn't this mean you are only hitting people?

No, it means he's not shooting, I guess.

Or maybe he's playing on Impact or something.

18FDBA4F-DD4F-4E80-A18F-47D6CDEA43D4-1058-000001FF3682EC3F_zpsa843b29b.jpg

Top Bottom