• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Karl2177

not helping. ...at all.

Aight. If you're using the Beam Rifle, don't scope. Being 100% serious, you can hit a target with the Beam Rifle at almost any range without scoping. For the Forerunner Sniper, just be patient and only aim for the body. No sense in wasting a shot aiming for the head. If you're using the human sniper, try and move with the person you're aiming for. Auto aim will like to snap you to them a bit more if you can move with them. And with all of them there's a large amount of shame in using in combination with Camo, but since it allows you to exploit it, do it.

Aight. If you're using the Beam Rifle, don't scope. Being 100% serious, you can hit a target with the Beam Rifle at almost any range without scoping. For the Forerunner Sniper, just be patient and only aim for the body. No sense in wasting a shot aiming for the head. If you're using the human sniper, try and move with the person you're aiming for. Auto aim will like to snap you to them a bit more if you can move with them. And with all of them there's a large amount of shame in using in combination with Camo, but since it allows you to exploit it, do it.

Don't scope with the human sniper either. It's not as epic auto-aim not scoped as the beam rifle, but it's still pretty easy to no-scope.

HTupolev

How was double xp P2W?
All you had to do was play a few matches to unlock everything with our without DXP.

Double XP was really no big deal.
...besides encouraging kids to purchase Doritos and Mountain Dew.
It was "not P2W" and "not a big deal" in the exact same way that timed perks are "not P2W" and "not a big deal." You spend money, you unlock stuff a bit sooner. Similar things.

TCKaos

It was "not P2W" and "not a big deal" in the exact same way that timed perks are "not P2W" and "not a big deal." You spend money, you unlock stuff a bit sooner. Similar things.

Not to mention until there was a near-nuclear meltdown there was no way for purchasers of non-limited edition copies of the game to have any of the armor mods except for Stealth and Wheelman at launch, which even then still took time, and even then wasn't available for everyone except for those who played the first week. It's only recently that anyone who purchased a copy of the game in, say, the December Christmas rush would be able to use any of the armor mods other than those two.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Ok. I will basically bow to my mediocrity.

malfcn

Locking the perks was a trash decision. Are they all unlocked by now?

But again, the DXP and pre-order stuff didn't bother me because after 5 matches you would be on even playing ground. If it was like CoD and you could buy or grind faster for a Prestige 800 level nuke gun, then that would be some shit.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We may or may not have just recorded an episode of HaloGAF Radio.

Sorry it took so long. I'll edit and publish it tomorrow :)

Gui_PT

I liked the idea of invasion. The worst part of it was the weapons cache on all spartan defense maps on the third phase.

Invasion was the best part of Reach and offered an awesome narrative based engagements. The issue was the lack of support both at and after launch which offered no variation in those engagements. When we finally got more Invasion maps (which I think was the month before Halo 4 launched, maybe even a week or two before) they were more of the same (Territories/Territories/CTF) presented in the same way on sub-par maps. The Elites not having an answer to the Magnum and spawning with Plasma Pistols didn't help, either.

I like the idea of Invasion but the implementation and maps were just horrible

Scatter shot would be nice if the whole rebound off walls to get people in cover actually worked well, i'd like to see a future version revised to travel further and maybe rebound more then once before the particles fade out, maybe even amp the shot if rebounded?

I personally can't kill with it very well, always feels like I need 3+ shots to take someone out even up close.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Re Quote. Beam rifle isnt the problem. The actual snipe is. I couldnt hit air with it if i was in an oxygen tank. I get plenty of body shots but getting headshots when it counts is just not happening for me.

gAg CruSh3r

Re Quote. Beam rifle isnt the problem. The actual snipe is. I couldnt hit air with it if i was in an oxygen tank. I get plenty of body shots but getting headshots when it counts is just not happening for me.

Practice makes perfect? I have no problem getting head shots. I'm not a god with the weapon but I can get head shots when needed.

Start practicing using Team Snipers and turtling from a distance and slowly branch out to closer and closer levels of combat.

One thing that helped for me a lot: turn down your aim sensitivity 2 or 3 levels. It does wonders to help you not overshoot. Rely on simple gestures while aiming rather than trying to do exaggerated movements to suppress multiple people. Additionally, try not to "twitch shot" and rely on aim assist like you can in Reach and 2. Instead, lead your shots like you would a Halo 3 battle rifle. It only takes a few simple gestures to get a shot in place. If you predict correctly, you'll be rewarded with an easy shot - Spartans will walk into your crosshairs, rather than you trying to move your crosshairs onto them. To help with the frustration, try not to pick off people using Sprint until you're confident enough in your leading to accurately get headshots.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I play on high sensitivity and im pretty accurate with everything but that damn weapon. I guess i should just get my shit together and practice more.

I play on high sensitivity and im pretty accurate with everything but that damn weapon. I guess i should just get my shit together and practice more.

I typically play at aim assist level 10. The thing that fucks me over is the inability to modify the vertical aim sensitivity. And yeah, practice makes perfect. Just hop into Snipes for a bit and pray for good connections.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I typically play at aim assist level 10. The thing that fucks me over is the inability to modify the vertical aim sensitivity. And yeah, practice makes perfect. Just hop into Snipes for a bit and pray for good connections.

It pisses me off extra cause i was pretty good with it in H3.

Implying that your current control settings are working wonders for you...

Oh snap.

TCKaos

Isnt Ricochet kinda already like assault? Im pretty sure a real assault can easily be made with that gametype.

Arm/disarm time is permanently instant despite there being a setting for it. They've known this since before launch and have yet to patch it.

This is also assuming that Ricochet is based on Griffball, which it appears to be.

Moa

So is there any reason why Spartan Ops is still locked away for Silver & offline players?

I guess originally they made it online only so people couldn't go offline and just change their Xbox's date to unlock the next Episode & Chapters early but now that it's finished, surely we can change it up now?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So is there any reason why Spartan Ops is still locked away for Silver & offline players?

I guess originally they made it online only so people couldn't go offline and just change their Xbox's date to unlock the next Episode & Chapters early but now that it's finished, surely we can change it up now?

Dem Gold monies.

FyreWulff

'
Mode was subsidized by Gold. It was stated it would have cost extra money if it had not been gated behind Gold.

edit: daedalos'd

Tawpgun

#Halo4NoDRM

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Damn, played with an old ass Reach team tonight. I was playing with 2 of them when the 3rd hopped into my stream and was watching us play for a while. Then he ran to Gamestop and bought a copy of H4 and got on to play with us. Had a lot of fun tonight.

TheOddOne

Art dump! Artist labels it as concepts for H4 Crimson map pack. Strange, because most of the artwork looks to come from the second part of Spartan Ops season 1.
Infinity

InfinityEngine02.jpg

InfinityEngine03.jpg

InfinityEngine04.jpg

InfinityEngine06.jpg

Coolant Room (?)

CoolantRoom01.jpg

Jewel (?)

Jewel01.jpg

Jewel02.jpg

Sentinel Factory

SentinelFactory01.jpg

SentinelFactory02.jpg

SentinelFactory03.jpg

SentinelFactory04.jpg

SentinelFactory05.jpg
Seems to show a lot of disgarded ideas. It's concept art, so that is not too suprising.

a) The Infinity section seem to have more going on. Possible that there might have been a outside section?
b) I can't see anything that was taken from the 'Jewel' artwork. Maybe the idea became the level 'Harvester'? Could also be work for 'Fortress'.
c) Sentinal Factory became 'Lockout' I guess. Again, it seem to be grander and had more going on.

Miss opportunities all around :(

Stop looking weird at me Ellis.

Damn, played with an old ass Reach team tonight. I was playing with 2 of them when the 3rd hopped into my stream and was watching us play for a while. Then he ran to Gamestop and bought a copy of H4 and got on to play with us. Had a lot of fun tonight.

Any Halo is fun with friends. I had something similar when my old Halo 2 clan founder played Halo 4 early on, crazy catch up after an eternity of not even seeing him online.

That Gamestop run shows true dedication though!

IHaveIce

Banned
It sounds in your posts like you could change the aim assist. Sens 5 here.

Played on 10 for a long time, saw pros all play around 4-5 and changed mine to look why.

Never going back

Tawpgun

Tashi sells copies! Give this man a job!

I liked the beta invasion more than retail release. Those two weeks or whatever were the most fun I got out of Reach.

Agreed. The mode was really fun, but it changed for the worse IMO.

Art dump! Artist labels it as concepts for H4 Crimson map pack. Strange, because most of the artwork looks to come from the second part of Spartan Ops season 1.

Seems to show a lot of disgarded ideas. It's concept art, so that is not too suprising.

a) The Infinity section seem to have more going on. Possible that there might have been a outside section?
b) I can't see anything that was taken from the 'Jewel' artwork. Maybe the idea became the level 'Harvester'? Could also be work for 'Fortress'.
c) Sentinal Factory became 'Lockout' I guess. Again, it seem to be grander and had more going on.

Miss opportunities all around :(

Stop looking weird at me Ellis.

Really cool stuff. I wish the art translated to the game better.

Btw, can we lock one of these Halo threads and move discussion to just one? Its weird and confusing discussing Halo 4 in two threads.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Agreed. The mode was really fun, but it changed for the worse IMO.

Really cool stuff. I wish the art translated to the game better.

Btw, can we lock one of these Halo threads and move discussion to just one? Its weird and confusing discussing Halo 4 in two threads.

Also, are we still using the HaloGAF thread? It hasn't been posted in for days.

Top Bottom