• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Arm/disarm time is permanently instant despite there being a setting for it. They've known this since before launch and have yet to patch it.

This is also assuming that Ricochet is based on Griffball, which it appears to be.

God damn, how do they just keep leaving out obvious shit like this? Its baffling. Didn't they ever play a Halo game before?

AvalonX

Neo Member
Was thinking about picking up the digital download of Halo 4, it's still $39.99. I thought it might have dropped to $20 by now.

Also, are we still using the HaloGAF thread? It hasn't been posted in for days.

Well there's this Halo 4 thread for Halo 4 discussion, the Halo|OT| (HaloGAF?) for general Halo discussion, the off-topic HolaGAF thread (HaloGAF?) which originally was for HaloGAF people to talk about everything except Halo, which I think some people moved over to HGS. Way too many for me. I just stick to Halo 4 and Halo OT for my fill.

FyreWulff

Beta invasion was more fun for me because there because people just played and you got new games constantly due to only having one round.

When the retail Invasion got slowed down and then became the home of killgrinders everywhere, it got pretty un-fun. I still don't know why only Grifball, of all gametypes, has lameduck round detection. That should be in every round-based gametype.

Lame duck detection in Invasion would be: if you skunk the other team and then complete the first phase, the game ends and awards you the victory. If they got one and you get to 2, the game ends.

Lame duck detection, in my personal opinion, would make objective a lot more palatable for the general populace, and make it less abusable. I can't blame people for never wanting to play a CTF match again after they waste 10 minutes of their life being spawnkilled.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
BRING BACK THE GRANADE LAUNCHER!
bloodbrothersisso3.gif

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Dude, the pro pipe was badass. I still miss Reach a little, maybe I'll go back and play it later.

Honestly it was pretty bad ass. If you waited a few seconds after the initial scrim and lobbed one down the hallway you'd almost always get someone.

AvalonX

Neo Member
Funny to see you want to pick up halo 4 when you have an avatar like that. haha

Favorite series ever. Protest the changes. Just can't shake the itch to play sometimes. I own the game already, just wanted the digital.

Funny thing, I got matched up against a camo sniper the other day. He wound up on my team a later match. He continued to taunt me even though we were now on the same team. I finally asked him wtf his problem was and he told me how much he owned me etc.

My only reply was, ...you play invisible with a sniper ...and you are proud of it?

BRING BACK THE GRANADE LAUNCHER!

Have the new Grenade Launcher be a hybrid with the Sticky Detonator:

Press RT - functions like remote mine that sticks to any surface (Sticky Detonator)
Hold RT - grenades bounce around and explodes when you release (Grenade Launcher)

Simple. Elegant. Halo.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/07/10/The-Halo-Bulletin-71013.aspx

Bravo said:
The Champions Bundle will include a sneak peak to the Resistor armor mod, which allows players to retain full mobility despite taking fire for a few moments. The armor mod will eventually be made available to all players in Halo 4 Matchmaking free of charge.

Halo 4 Armor Mod Update

In addition to the Halo 4 Champions Bundle Bonus Content, we’ll be releasing two additional armor mods free of charge for the community to enjoy. We’re currently planning on releasing these one day before the Champions Bundle releases on August 20, and you’ll immediately be able to incorporate these new mods into your loadout and experiment with them.

• Survivor ejects you out of a vehicle if it’s about to explode.
• Recharge decreases the time it takes for your shields to recharge.

We’ll have more information about these armor mods at our San Diego Comic-Con panel, and we’re excited to announce that fans at SDCC will have a chance to experiment with them at the Xbox Gaming Lounge. Read on for more Comic-Con details later in the Bulletin.

For now, let’s dive into the Matchmaking portion of this week’s Bulletin for some juicy details about the Global Championship playlist and more!

Bravo said:
At PAX East, we announced that we were working on a new playlist named Legendary Slayer. After much iteration, discussion and playtesting, we’re excited to announce that it is (almost!) here and (almost!) ready for your enjoyment. Legendary Slayer is a variant that focuses on basic gameplay with only one loadout, on-map weapons and motion tracker enabled. Here are the key settings:

4 vs. 4 Slayer
Default starting weapon (Assault Rifle)
No armor abilities
Motion Tracker enabled
All weapons and grenades located on map (no initial, random or personal ordnance)

The singular loadout is:

Starting weapon: Assault Rifle
Secondary weapon: None
Armor ability: None
Grenades: Frag x2
Support upgrade: Explosives
Tactical package: Resupply

We’re excited to deliver a brand-new experience to Halo 4 Matchmaking that will focus on even starting weapons and map control, with players fighting to gain control of all rifles, power weapons and each map’s power positions. The Legendary Slayer playlist launches Monday, July 15, on the following maps, which have been custom-created specifically for this playlist:

If Legendary Slayer was BR/AR starts...it would actually be Legendary. Looks pretty good though. That AR start hurts my heart even though this AR is the best in the series.

Juicy details, fuck that those arent juicy details. I'm Juices I'm Juicey, BRS are JUICY.

NOTHING ABOUT THAT UPDATE IS JUICY!

YOU BRING DISHONOR TO MY NAME.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Legendary slayer actually sounds awesome. I'll be there.

Also, I just figured out that all the armor mods and buffs are 343 kind of being like, "We can't figure out how to balance this game, but here you have a go at it." That shit sucks.

DeadNames

Banned
Legendary slayer actually sounds awesome. I'll be there.

Also, I just figured out that all the armor mods and buffs are 343 kind of being like, "We can't figure out how to balance this game, but here you have a go at it." That shit sucks.

PP and stickies ruining vehicle combat?

Here's a perk that lets you live immediately after.

Jesus, is this game even Halo anymore?

Top Bottom