• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'd play if we had an actual decent team.

This game has many problems but the biggest problem to me is the sheer amount of idiots who have no idea how to play it.

You have no idea how depressing it is when i jump on and end up close to the top score.

Fuchsdh

from the universe that brought you smg starts

Except the AR is actually useful in most situations save med-long range.

I really hope they just stick to one or two utility weapons on map though. It's a mess having carbines, light rifles, BRs littering the maps.

Striker

Except the AR is actually useful in most situations save med-long range.

I really hope they just stick to one or two utility weapons on map though. It's a mess having carbines, light rifles, BRs littering the maps.
AR only seemed more powerful because the melee has since been increased. AR rush and melee will be common and assuredly annoying.

As for weapons on maps, Carbines and BR's seem okay, but I wouldn't put more than two types on the map, so that would leave off DMR and LightRifle.

Gui_PT

I remember Halo 3 on Valhalla with AR spawns. Most fun I've ever had playing Halo.

I thought they hired Bravo to actually help make the multiplayer good? While a few(few few) changes have been welcomed, this game is just going downhill with most of the decisions they've been making.

I don't understand how professional people can make these decisions and think they're improving the experience for players.

Get it all out of your system now, 343. Dump all your ridiculous anti-Halo ideas on the floor of this dwindling game, pour the gasoline of more bullshit perks and insta-SWAT switches on it all, and strike the match of microtransactions so we can dance around the fire and rejoice in the idea of your next game being nothing like this blight on the world of Halo.

Gui_PT

Guys I just randomly came up with an idea. I called it.. uhm... Regendary Slayer

4 vs. 4 Slayer
Default starting weapon (Battle riflle)
No armor abilities
Motion Tracker enabled
All weapons and grenades located on map (no initial, random or personal ordnance)
No Sprint

The singular loadout is:

Starting weapon: Battle Rifle
Secondary weapon: Assault Rifle
Armor ability: None
Grenades: Frag x2
Support upgrade: Explosives
Tactical package: Resupply

I don't know, what do you guys think?

DeadNames

Banned
Guys I just randomly came up with an idea. I called it.. uhm... Regendary Slayer

4 vs. 4 Slayer
No armor abilities
Motion Tracker enabled
All weapons and grenades located on map (no initial, random or personal ordnance)
No Sprint

The singular loadout is:

not accessible enough.

IHaveIce

Banned

4 vs. 4 Slayer
No armor abilities
Motion Tracker enabled
No Sprint

The singular loadout is:

Sounds good it will be releases in 2015 behind a paywall of dlc.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm confused by the new armor mods.

• Survivor ejects you out of a vehicle if it’s about to explode.
• Recharge decreases the time it takes for your shields to recharge.

I swore we already have one that decreases the time it takes for shields to recharge. Is the new one to decrease the time it takes for your shields to start recharging?

Also Legendary Slayer sounds awesome.
EDIT: Those AR starts though.....hmmmmmm

I'm confused by the new armor mods.

• Survivor ejects you out of a vehicle if it’s about to explode.
• Recharge decreases the time it takes for your shields to recharge.

I swore we already have one that decreases the time it takes for shields to recharge. Is the new one to decrease the time it takes for your shields to start recharging?

Also Legendary Slayer sounds awesome.
EDIT: Those AR starts though.....hmmmmmm

There is a difference between time it takes to start recharging and the rate in which your shields recharge.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
There is a difference between time it takes to start recharging and the rate in which your shields recharge.

I know, that was my question. The way Jess noted the NEW perk made it seem exactly like the one we have now (making shield recharge faster after it starts recharging), and I was wondering if it actually was a new perk to make the time before it starts recharging shorter, which I assume it is.

Naked Lunch

Sprint needs to be gone from Legendary. The more I play H4, the more I realize the fast speed is the biggest thing that makes it not feel like Halo to me.

Ghazi

I know, that was my question. The way Jess noted the NEW perk made it seem exactly like the one we have now (making shield recharge faster after it starts recharging), and I was wondering if it actually was a new perk to make the time before it starts recharging shorter, which I assume it is.

So the new perk is going to cloud the combat even more because it's going to be harder to predict if our enemies' shield have begun recharging yet or not, great.

THANKS OBAMA!

Striker

Why can't things be called like they traditionally have been, Team _____. In Reach they put out Super Slayer, we kept hearing things about Turbo for the TU, they still put Pro in playlists and describe it as "classic", and here's Legendary. Why can't it just be Team Slayer?

Why can't things be called like they traditionally have been, Team _____. In Reach they put out Super Slayer, we kept hearing things about Turbo for the TU, they still put Pro in playlists and describe it as "classic", and here's Legendary. Why can't it just be Team Slayer?

Because 343 doesn't know what they're doing.

AvalonX

Neo Member

4 vs. 4 Slayer
No armor abilities
Motion Tracker enabled
No Sprint

The singular loadout is:

They made a game like this in the past, they called it Halo.

Halo 4: Marketing Evolved

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Sprint needs to be gone from Legendary. The more I play H4, the more I realize the fast speed is the biggest thing that makes it not feel like Halo to me.

I always felt like Halo had relatively high player speed which was a part of its more arena like gameplay, and thus no need for sprint. It's more a problem of the way sprint changes gameplay and balance period rather than a problem of speed (although I also see what you mean, sprint is too useful for me not to enjoy as long as its there)

I'm pretty sure it's this:
-New perk reduces time it takes fore the shields to start recharging
-The original perk reduced the take it took for shields to charge once they had starting recharging

Booties

Banned
I can't believe we waited months, had to endure Tawpgun talking about how great legendary slayer is going to be, then got AR starts after half a decade or debate. WTF are you doing Bravo? Why do you have a job when this is your big idea?

AvalonX

Neo Member
Well the folks at 343 aren't interested in that.

Nope:

JPFJlpI.gif

Halo

IHaveIce

Banned
I can't believe we waited months, had to endure Tawpgun talking about how great legendary slayer is going to be, then got AR starts after half a decade or debate. WTF are you doing Bravo? Why do you have a job when this is your big idea?

Yep.. all the months of teasing.

I created this gametype on day 1 in customs with BR starts.... 2 weeks later and I modified it to no sprint.

I called it "Team Slayer"

Nebula

I kinda wished HaloGAF regulars wouldn't have posted in that Xbone Halo wishlist thread just to see what people outside our little slice of heaven wanted to change.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Fuck yea. I know my first impulse when given a weapon designed to dispatch someone outside of my effective rock throwing range is to club them to death with it.

Top Bottom