• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Champions Bundle shouldn't exist because almost no one plays the game and even if it raises the population, it'll be only for a couple of days.
DLC absolutely should exist, and it's absurd for you to say otherwise. If you're questioning the charge of much-needed smaller maps to the loyal fans that have stuck with the game, then I can see an argument. With a population as low as this, forcing people to pay even more money to this game for one good map that will ultimately be ruined by AA's and another that has gameplay-altering facets of it is poor form.

Charge for the skins, make the maps free as a thank you to the remaining players of the game, earn some good will from Halo fans who aren't as receptive to what 343 has offered to this franchise.

Gui_PT

DLC absolutely should exist, and it's absurd for you to say otherwise. If you're questioning the charge of much-needed smaller maps to the loyal fans that have stuck with the game, then I can see an argument. With a population as low as this, forcing people to pay even more money to this game for one good map that will ultimately be ruined by AA's and another that has gameplay-altering facets of it is poor form.

Charge for the skins, make the maps free as a thank you to the remaining players of the game, earn some good will from Halo fans who aren't as receptive to what 343 has offered to this franchise.

I don't like this Squidhands. I like the hateful one better.

BTW I did mean the bolded, I should stop making joke posts
Even though they're always amazing

Fuck this DLC. Armour, gametypes, armour mods and 2 maps?

Yeah cool. If there was a thriving population and a decent Halo game to support it Id be all over it.

We've all seen how previous DLC has been handled, playlist wise. Solo games won't show new maps. The fuck Im gonna pay for new maps that I can only play with a full party. Which in itself is impossible to even round up these days as no one plays the game.

Oh but there's also Spartan Assault.

Yeah, Halo's really in great hands here guys.

Super Street Fighter 4 : Arcade Edition is on sale on Live right now. Whatever points/money you were gonna spend on this Halo bullshit, spend it on Street Fighter instead.

Yeah cool. If there was a thriving population and a decent Halo game to support it Id be all over it.

We've all seen how previous DLC has been handled, playlist wise. Solo games won't show new maps. The fuck Im gonna pay for new maps that I can only play with a full party. Which in itself is impossible to even round up these days as no one plays the game.

Super Street Fighter 4 : Arcade Edition is on sale on Live right now. Whatever points/money you were gonna spend on this Halo bullshit, spend it on Street Fighter instead.

Or wait until Ultra comes out. or just buy a new Knifeparty Album

I don't like this Squidhands. I like the hateful one better.

BTW I did mean the bolded, I should stop making joke posts
Even though they're always amazing
Don't worry, I'm still highly irritated with this game and the people who are controlling it.

Just make your joke posts funny. ;-)

Salt everywhere.

Understandable salt.

Quite simply, not enough people purchase the DLC to get maps to show up in matchmaking, and sadly 343 (and Bungie before them with Reach) haven't forced/manufactured a way for players to actually get to play the content they paid for.

I regret purchasing the map pack pass not because of the quality of the maps or my opinion of Halo 4, but because they are not a part of matchmaking, so it's a complete waste of money.

Then, on top of that, 343 is releasing a new DLC pack with only 2 maps in it, which isn't exactly incentive to pour more of their money into the game.

TCKaos

Do this so I can shit on you and feel good about myself, and then get wrecked by anyone who actually plays this game. You will fear my wake-up Shoryuken.

you a bitch

don't make me come over there you toking junior

Immersion was bad. You should feel bad for liking it!!

How much for SF4 atm?

€15 for Games on Demand version of Super Street Fighter 4 w/ the Arcade Edition upgrade packed in.

The standalone Arcade Edition DLC upgrade is €14.50. DO NOT BUY THIS!!

Get the game+DLC for €15. The whole thing isn't laid out very well and one of my friends bought the DLC alone like an idiot.

Gui_PT

€15 for Games on Demand version of Super Street Fighter 4 w/ the Arcade Edition upgrade packed in.

The standalone Arcade Edition DLC upgrade is €14.50. DO NOT BUY THIS!!

Get the game+DLC for €15. The whole thing isn't laid out very well and one of my friends bought the DLC alone like an idiot.

$15 worth of space allards. Disc version is $40, I think. When the Ultimate DLC goes on sale it'll be $15 and the disc version will be $40, so you're saving money if you buy it now and wait for the DLC.

Thanks guys.

1f42fc82932d3894c1fe5f4c1be2283c.gif

It was the most solid of the three albums imo. In Silico had higher highs (but lower lows) and it just barely beats out Hold Your Colour. It was nectar. Delicious, consistently high-quality bassy nectar.

1f42fc82932d3894c1fe5f4c1be2283c.gif

It was the most solid of the three albums imo. In Silico had higher highs (but lower lows) and it just barely beats out Hold Your Colour. It was nectar. Delicious, consistently high-quality bassy nectar.

In Silico beats out HYC??? Okay. Nevermind the Halo posts you make.

This right here has convinced me you're insane.

In Silico beats out HYC??? Okay. Nevermind the Halo posts you make.

This right here has convinced me you're insane.

What? Fuck no.

Immersion ~= Hold Your Colour > Voodoo People (Single) > In Silico > Live at Brixton Academy > All other singles

In Silico has some amazing high points like Propane Nightmares and the opening to Granite, though. It has too many meh songs to do any better than 4th place.

Also, to make sure I'm talking about Halo: what bits of Halo 4 do you think 343 actually did right as far as staying faithful goes? I'm a big fan of Reclaimer's famous interior section and the design of the Cryptum as staying true to traditional Forerunner architecture.

Cyclone, Ozzy and Fuch: limit your posts to 600 words.

daedalius

Maps should really be free, as to not split the community up.

If they want to charge, charge for cosmetic stuff.

Unfortunately, the bar was set long ago on charging for maps, and it probably isn't going to change anytime soon.

Unfortunately, the bar was set long ago on charging for maps, and it probably isn't going to change anytime soon.

It was sort of mitigated when we got Forge, but quality control's the main issue. Even with the Community Cartographers, you still can't get the public to think any Forge maps are good when you've got people wallhacking, cloaking and flying through every crevice.

It's not the best solution, but I'd be willing to pay for a Trials-style "Forge+" that offered a bunch of extra options and additional community content browsing features just as long as the products of SuperForge were made available for everyone, such as putting Cragmire HD in BTB Heavies regardless of who owns Forge+ and so on.

IMO selling maps worked for games like lost planet because it was user lobby based, matchmaking really sucks for people with mixed installed map packs, just one guy without the map and you will never see it.

Also IMO selling maps works when you only have a few rival games on the market, right now there is one billion shooters and with halo being the trihard of the pack right now, selling maps should be the last thing it does.

Make the maps free please 343, I want to play them, if you have too give paying members a bonus skin or two since you can do that now.

Fuchsdh

What? Fuck no.

Immersion ~= Hold Your Colour > Voodoo People (Single) > In Silico > Live at Brixton Academy > All other singles

In Silico has some amazing high points like Propane Nightmares and the opening to Granite, though. It has too many meh songs to do any better than 4th place.

Also, to make sure I'm talking about Halo: what bits of Halo 4 do you think 343 actually did right as far as staying faithful goes? I'm a big fan of Reclaimer's famous interior section and the design of the Cryptum as staying true to traditional Forerunner architecture.

Word limits coming from you is funny :)

I do think the interior of Reclaimer actually is one of the few times since the original game I really had a sense I was somewhere *new*. It's a brilliant sequence with a lot of callbacks to the original Control Room and those tight CE corridors.

In terms of "faithful", though, what do you mean? As I've said before they've done an excellent job expanding the fiction while tying in all the old stuff (they even did as good a job as you possible could reconciling Reach, which I thought was a lost cause, but hey.) In terms of visuals? I've definitely complained on here that they didn't need to redesign iconic things like the Covenant (at least as far as their anatomy), the Pelicans, FUD, etc. As far as *new* stuff I do like Infinity and their updated weaponry, etc.

Haha this week's championship is so bad, FFA swat, best ping wins!

Why can't we have a reasonable championship instead of this tripe? was this a men in suits decision?

Word limits coming from you is funny :)

I do think the interior of Reclaimer actually is one of the few times since the original game I really had a sense I was somewhere *new*. It's a brilliant sequence with a lot of callbacks to the original Control Room and those tight CE corridors.

In terms of "faithful", though, what do you mean? As I've said before they've done an excellent job expanding the fiction while tying in all the old stuff (they even did as good a job as you possible could reconciling Reach, which I thought was a lost cause, but hey.) In terms of visuals? I've definitely complained on here that they didn't need to redesign iconic things like the Covenant (at least as far as their anatomy), the Pelicans, FUD, etc. As far as *new* stuff I do like Infinity and their updated weaponry, etc.

amBWD8Zp1L

thatsthejoke.png

Can be anything from the awesome jump physics that Halo 4 brought following Reach's NEVER FORGET High Ground bunny-hops to story bits to anything inbetween. Just anything that seems suitably Halo and not tacked-on, high-budget blockbuster AAAA game nonsense like the Covenant redesigns or SOROH POLMOR.

Fuchsdh

amBWD8Zp1L

thatsthejoke.png

Can be anything from the awesome jump physics that Halo 4 brought following Reach's NEVER FORGET High Ground bunny-hops to story bits to anything inbetween. Just anything that seems suitably Halo and not tacked-on, high-budget blockbuster AAAA game nonsense like the Covenant redesigns or SOROH POLMOR.

Iknowthatsthejoke.cr2

There's a lot of things, it's easier to pick out what I didn't like than what I did.* Fundamentally Halo 4 is a good game, but I can see where people find it disappointing because it holds such excellent company in the series. There's almost nothing in the campaign I disagree with in theory--"Chief butts heads with brass, Cortana sacrifices herself to save Chief, the Librarian continues being a conniving jerk but the Didact's an even bigger jerk", but the problem was the execution wasn't there, especially for some of the big gambles they made. I'm sure most people here wouldn't have spelled out "Cortana sacrifices herself to save Chief" as "she does this Tinkerbell thing and then the Chief survives a nuke going off in his hands... but we won't explain it." Science fiction is basically about space magic, but it only comes off as the latter if you mess up.

*I really think the space section in Halo 4 was overall more interesting than the segment in Reach. I would have loved a section where you had a bit more maneuvering room, but overall I think the Starfox aspect was simply something more interesting to do than Reach's combat. Were it that we had fought in a Longsword, though...

(Also I've always found that shot odd. The debris is in the way so you need see the hole he falls down. I'm not sure why they didn't just knock Arby off the edge properly. Then again I've found some of the visual decisions in Bungie's cinematics a bit odd--lots of random axial shots, violation of the 30 degree rule, etc. They sometimes feel a little sloppy.)

What ruins FFA swat is the use of small maps, a portion of your deaths will be people spawning behind you just after you sweeped it out because spawn points.

Actually surprised they are not forcing you to own map packs to enter.

I wanna do swat FFA championship anyone got any xblive time?

What's the prizes for entering

Your soul.

Also fable the Journey Kinect

No problemo, however my last 8 posts combined don't even total 600 words :)

You don't go back and fucking put some effort into counting them to prove a point! Why even humour that shit? Jeeesus.

I had a look at 3 pages and made a quick guesstimate, it's not like I actually word counted them mate :) Anyhow at least Warher usually puts some effort into his posts. I used to check out his weapon ideas and what not, so I give him the time of day to actually read or reply to his posts. He reminds me of a number of stoner friends from Halo 2, no offense intended Warher mate it's meant to be a friendly compliment.

The new HGS avatar has just arrived.

Championship Bundle comes out August 20th, as posted over at Waypoint
NEW MAPS, SKINS, GAME TYPE AND MORE!
We are thrilled to announce the Halo 4 Champions Bundle! Coming August 20th, this bundle comes with tons of brand new content like armor and weapon skins, new armors, and two maps, including the return of The Pit, remade for Halo 4 as Pitfall. The Champions Bundle will also introduce Ricochet, a new ball game type. And there's more! Watch the trailer to see it all in action.

Madness

Best would be to discount or make free the earlier maps with each subsequent release. So after the release of majestic, Crimson should have been free or dropped in price etc.

But it's Microsoft, they'd want to monetize as much as possible. Remember Epic games during Gears 1? Microsoft forced them to make their maps cost money. Ideally they wanted it to be free like they did with the futureweapons tie in. And soon, Epic and Gears became one of the most monetized and microtransaction heavy games ever and Cliff no longer cared because he has two lambos.

With the launch of the new maps they should at least make crimson and majestic free now and discount the third pack and then make the free maps required for all.

Ozzy, are you related to zoojoo by any chance?

Never met the bloke (speaking of online meetings), although I did spot some posts by a Waypoint member of the same name earlier this month. I take it zoojoo liked Halo 4 and posted here as the minority, just like me...mate :)

Never met the bloke (speaking of online meetings), although I did spot some posts by a Waypoint member of the same name earlier this month. I take it zoojoo liked Halo 4 and posted here as the minority, just like me...mate :)

Nobody has ever posted like you. You are a new breed of terrible poster. You dont even take a side you just slrp and then go "I agree with your point however the games good!"

Its like not even worth talking to you because we can present a million terrible facts about Halo 4 and you'd go "Yeaaaa but Halo 4 is really fun!"

Probably why most people here have you on ignore and dont care about anything you say.

GSO Ozzy. HGS!!! HGS !!!

Nobody has ever posted like you. You are a new breed of terrible poster. You dont even take a side you just slrp and then go "I agree with your point however the games good!"

Its like not even worth talking to you because we can present a million terrible facts about Halo 4 and you'd go "Yeaaaa but Halo 4 is really fun!"

Probably why most people here have you on ignore and dont care about anything you say.

GSO Ozzy. HGS!!! HGS !!!

You know I nearly bought your opinion as fact, nearly. Would read again :)

I've been making clearer claims about what I like more recently, I think I've been getting better at that after Heckfu's heckling of me trying to be unbiased. I play Devil's Advocate often, can't help it. The weird part is only a few days ago I posted that I rated Halo 3 ranked objective as my all time favourite, I thought this post was pretty definitive as to what I like, not unbiased or SLRPing at all.

Here's my dream Halo 4 launch line up (also posted similar not long ago):

1. Ranked vs. Social split.
2. Clean smaller maps like Halo 2 or 3 objective e.g. Ivory tower, Zanzibar, Lockout, Burial Mounds, High Ground
3. One sided objective.
4. Less hand holding for CTF waypoints, no dropping etc.
5. Toggles over developer managed matchmaking with core playlists/team sizes.
6. No instant respawn.
7. Local search filter.
8. Dedicated servers.
9. Streaming & commentating features.
10. Developer global tournaments with LAN finals.
11. Less USA-centric in terms of networking/marketing/in game exclusives.
12. Audio mixing controls e.g. music, effects & dialogue.
13. Some playlists without progressive features e.g. fixed loadouts.
14. Split map design between those without sprint/AA's and those with sprint/AA's.
15. Keep the CGI quality.
16. Increase the open exploration and less on the rails missions.
17. No bullet sponges in campaign, improve AI or enemies. Equal effects e.g. you kill an Elite and his weapon does the same damage it did to you.
18. Infinity should be its own playlist not spread amongst. In fact any new features should really be new playlists rather than trying to overhaul the entire game with a single developer vision.
19. Vote variants should be locked to map/gametype/setting and toggles drive more of that pre-selection.
20. A playlist with baseline mods on steroids for all players e.g. resupply+recharge+resistor+dexterity+stability
21. Fuck Forge and go PC editing with self publishing and a faster development lifecycle with Community Cartographers.
22. Developer should create some DLC (say 30%) from community creations of PC editing.
23. DLC should become free 3 months after going on sale and then become required downloads to promote variety and retain population.
24. Clans support with tournament entries affecting in game rank.
25. In game cinematics for SPOPS style play beyond campaign should be done like Reach and keep your progressed/customised character/weapons in the action. Drop CGI here and create a sustained cadence with quality content e.g. 3-5 missons per month like an ongoing campaign.
26. The audio remix contest was awesome.
27. Marketing facts have to be far clearer and earlier than the Halo 4 marketing campaign.
28. Videos like the community invite or weapon tuning streaming are highly welcomed.
29. In game opt-in voting polls that link directly with forum polls for game features. Have players up or down vote what they like or don't like and use this for development resources moving forward.
30. Bring assault back! It's too good and missed very much.

Just for you Warher, only approx. 500 words :)

Booshka

You know I nearly bought your opinion as fact, nearly. Would read again :)

I've been making clearer claims about what I like more recently, I think I've been getting better at that after Heckfu's heckling of me trying to be unbiased. I play Didact's Advocate often, can't help it.

fixed.

PNut

Banned
I play Devil's Advocate often, can't help it.

why do that when all the evidence is there that Halo is dead or dying slowly and slowly everyday? Soon you wont have anyone to write paragraphs responses to if 343 keeps this up. Cyclone may be your only mate left to play devil's advocate with.

Top Bottom