• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

tj hazuki

I love playing Black Ops 2 more then Halo4 and im a halo fan, but I enjoy watching Halo 4 more than CoD. Especially this tournament I was more engaged with AGL8 than I was with MLG Anaheim and the $1mill championships.

Ghazi

Well in CoD MLG if they're playing TDM or Hardpoint they're spending 80% of the match sitting behind crates and headglitch areas.

Thankfully Halo doesn't have that happen often.

Fuchsdh

WTF? Did you just watch this go to a 6th series and then with almost no time left on CTF Adrift Naded and Ninja went clutch and the 3rd flag cap from 2 all was literally sniped on the capture point? They had like 1 second to actually finish the cap.

That's boring to watch? Fuck you're hard to please mate. Triple's by Naded, Ninja with grenade stops and then a flag/snipe with a final second cap...oh my I don't know what you're watching! Even Ghost said he wasn't ever dreaming of such a series and Ghandi saying you can't write this sort of quality tournament finals.

Personally I find all FPS not that fun to watch, and that's said as someone who primarily plays FPS. With games like StarCraft and DotA the camera is spectator-friendly so I always feel like I know what's going on, which I think is part of it.

Personally I find all FPS not that fun to watch, and that's said as someone who primarily plays FPS. With games like StarCraft and DotA the camera is spectator-friendly so I always feel like I know what's going on, which I think is part of it.

A fleshed out spectator mode could provide some new and interesting features. I'm curious if tournment organisers ever considered using Forge mode for their games so they can have a real time floating cam?

Doesn't Forge allow you to limit the number of monitors at one time? It could reduce the accidental D-pad entering monitor mode this way for the actual players, just a thought out loud.

daedalius

daedalius literally every post you make is complaining about people bitching

MAYBE PEOPLE SHOULD STOP BITCHING

I've tried to watch DoTA several times (or LoL), but I just can't get into it.

DoTA is at least kind of fun to play, sometimes. Spectating it, eh; to each their own I guess.

Starcraft is pretty fun to watch usually. I was actually really surprised how much I enjoyed watching the EVO tournament though. Fighting games are great for spectating.

MAYBE PEOPLE SHOULD STOP BITCHING

I've tried to watch DoTA several times (or LoL), but I just can't get into it.

DoTA is at least kind of fun to play, sometimes. Spectating it, eh; to each their own I guess.

Starcraft is pretty fun to watch usually. I was actually really surprised how much I enjoyed watching the EVO tournament though. Fighting games are great for spectating.

You know you're doing what you're complaining about right? Complaining.

daedalius

tumblr_inline_mnh0gyeR531qz4rgp.gif

Madness

Do they put the highlights from these AGL tournaments up on YouTube or something? Like the best plays of the day, the final match etc.

Do they put the highlights from these AGL tournaments up on YouTube or something? Like the best plays of the day, the final match etc.

You can watch the last few rounds of the tourney here:

http://www.twitch.tv/arenagamingleague/b/433871678

Personally, the actual Halo at this tournament was highly entertaining for me, but I won't be watching the next one if the on-screen graphics are the same as this one. So fucking terrible.

Jet packs are fun for the people racking up cheap kills. Not fun for the people being killed. It breaks the whole purpose of having a map. It hasn't been balanced in the last two games it never will be unless you can't shoot while flying.
This makes too much sense. Why can you shoot a gun while flying around, controlling a jet pack, but you can't shoot a gun while sprinting? Not that anything in halo really makes sense or is based on reality. Making the jet pack more like sprint would be a good compromise in that regard.

hai guys

Enfinit

Personally, the actual Halo at this tournament was highly entertaining for me, but I won't be watching the next one if the on-screen graphics are the same as this one. So fucking terrible.

I don't understand why they're so awful. Why is the actual gameplay only on 1/3 of the screen? Why the hell is there advertisements in a quarter of the screen if we're getting constant commercials in between games and sponsor shout-outs mid-cast? All they need is a simple ESPN-style scoreboard for the series on the top of the screen, if that. The score of the current game is already on everyone's HUD.

It's like a middle school IT class made the stream layout. And the sad part is it's considered a step in the right direction from the last stream.

Also, GoldenBoy and Ghost are fucking awful casters. Bravo and U4iX 4 lyfe.

i miss puckett

This makes too much sense. Why can you shoot a gun while flying around, controlling a jet pack, but you can't shoot a gun while sprinting? Not that anything in halo really makes sense or is based on reality. Making the jet pack more like sprint would be a good compromise in that regard.

hai guys
Remove jet pack from load outs, make it a power up on map to control.

Problem solved.

AGL was good, I didnt get to see today though but the last two days were good.*

*For what they have to work with (Shitty 4)

Oh yea I guess that overlay has to go that was bad.

TCKaos

hai guys

The big issue for me isn't that players can shoot while flying (they can't strafe, so it isn't a huge deal unless they've got rockets or some shit), but it's that the jetpack completely, without exception, breaks every single map in a myriad of ways. People move unnaturally around the map and can get to positions they should have no business being in.

Reflection rockets, entirety of Swordbase, the ability to jetpack to to Laser on spawn via mancannon on Ragnarok, the list goes on and on.

The only way to prevent this is to make every map in to some corridor shooter like Adrift, but Adrift fucking blows.

TCKaos

Overlay was ridiculous. Also, nightvision camera on the current player??

I think that was an episode of Ghost Hunters going on in another part of the building. The entire event was a séance to summon the ghost of Halo 2. They've sent the footage to be reviewed by an expert so we won't know what's on the tapes for a few weeks.

Personally, I enjoyed this AGL stream more than the past ones, including the layout. It can still be much better though.

So are killcams ever going to get fixed...? It's really aggravating to see how you died, only to be denied that curiousity by a player's ridicule that isn't even near your body.

Sucks to think that precious resources and time were put into a chunk of the game that still does not work.

That works too.

Why helloooo there. Haven't seen you around in a while B]

TheOddOne

hai guys
I heard you want juices to be hired. You're okay in my book.

I don't understand why they're so awful. Why is the actual gameplay only on 1/3 of the screen? Why the hell is there advertisements in a quarter of the screen if we're getting constant commercials in between games and sponsor shout-outs mid-cast? All they need is a simple ESPN-style scoreboard for the series on the top of the screen, if that. The score of the current game is already on everyone's HUD.
my thoughts. you read them.

It's like a middle school IT class made the stream layout. And the sad part is it's considered a step in the right direction from the last stream.

I don't see how it is, really. It's all wasted space.
Also, GoldenBoy and Ghost are fucking awful casters. Bravo and U4iX 4 lyfe.
I don't mind GoldenBoy except for the times when it's obvious he knows less about Halo. But after 3 years or whatever, Ghost hasn't improved; everything is about reflecting on yesteryear, whatever the latest TU/343 announcement is, and 50/50 calling out the wrong shit on stream. Oh, yeah, and the SCATTERSHOT IS AMAZING OMG IT'S SUCH A GREAT WEAPON AND TAKES SKILL HURR DURR!!!!!!!!!!!

7leFPK1.png

Oh yea I guess that overlay has to go that was bad.

Overlay was ridiculous. Also, nightvision camera on the current player??

Effin' A, Cotton.

Personally, I enjoyed this AGL stream more than the past ones, including the layout. It can still be much better though.

Name one thing about the layout that was either an improvement or actually useful to a viewer who isn't a complete dumbass.

Not calling you a dumbass, but anyone with a brain could get the very limited useful info that was presented by simply watching the stream/listening to commentary.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
My biggest issue with the layout is that the player screen size was too small. I did however like that I could see which players are on each team. Makes it easier for the teams that change rosters often and for the up and coming teams.

lololol Formal gave APG a fat lip.

My biggest issue with the layout is that the player screen size was too small. I did however like that I could see which players are on each team. Makes it easier for the teams that change rosters often and for the up and coming teams.

Yea layout helped me too since I'm unfamiliar with all the teams however they need to transition to fullscreen after a bit.

Yea layout helped me too since I'm unfamiliar with all the teams however they need to transition to fullscreen after a bit.

I'd like to see a premium edition where you can simply see a quad view of each team or click on one to make it full screen. Essentially giving you online editing control of the action. It potentially could be a free stream for what "they direct" vs. a paid stream that is interactive at your own wishes.

I think it's a nice difference between TV broadcast for instance but all the commentary, advertising and listen could remain. Further there is absolutely nothing stopping Twitch or the tournies/sites from developing an interactive feature where you can switch the feed and/or the audio e.g listen in or commentary or individual players/team listen switching etc.

Get creative.

I'd like to see a premium edition where you can simply see a quad view of each team or click on one to make it full screen. Essentially giving you online editing control of the action. It potentially could be a free stream for what "they direct" vs. a paid stream that is interactive at your own wishes.

I think it's a nice difference between TV broadcast for instance but all the commentary, advertising and listen could remain. Further there is absolutely nothing stopping Twitch or the tournies/sites from developing an interactive feature where you can switch the feed and/or the audio e.g listen in or commentary or individual players/team listen switching etc.

Get creative.

Tech/financing reasons make that almost impossible for AGL.

Them directing the feed is probably much easier on everyone.

Does Adrift CTF really need to be to 5? Games the most boring part of AGL IMO.

IHaveIce

Banned
Why are you guys still involved with this game

I'm trying to let go, you can too
Halo 4 on pro level is interesting.

Really good tourney but wanted Infamous to take it all, just really dislike Ninja.

But they deserved it. Pro players and community persons have to learn to ignore twitch chats and not take them too serious lol some are competing for years and you still can get in their head with only one troll tweet or something.

Screen overlay was terrible, long waiting times were terrible.

Wonder how Ambush will come back next tourney

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Guys something amazing just happened to me, the game placed me in a DLC map, the first time in about 50 games this week.

If I hadn't already pre-paid for it I don't know if I would have bought a single DLC, definitely would have stopped after the first. I think there's still maps, even included maps, I haven't played on yet (just got my 50 :p)

Complain-ception. We need to go deeper

Name one thing about the layout that was either an improvement or actually useful to a viewer who isn't a complete dumbass.

Not calling you a dumbass, but anyone with a brain could get the very limited useful info that was presented by simply watching the stream/listening to commentary.

Beat, but I just like streams with layouts that are simple and clean to read. Most streams suck with overlaying that info on the player screen, so organizing the two in a way that doesn't feel cluttered is why I liked it over the previous AGL streams.

WHO YOU CALLING A DUMBASS BRO?!

Gui_PT

Posting your own tweets is the new write your novel at starbucks in a mac so people see you and think you're intelectual

If I hadn't already pre-paid for it I don't know if I would have bought a single DLC, definitely would have stopped after the first. I think there's still maps, even included maps, I haven't played on yet (just got my 50 :p)

I finally hit 100 last night and have only really played dlc maps 15-20 times out of hundreds, it was more common when the first map pack hit before christmas but after that, nope.

The current DLC playlist had about 170 people in it last night at my peak time, I tried searching but it was taking ages so I gave up and went back to trolling haven legendary with 6 rockets.

Tawpgun

Hey what is the deal with the map bundles?

Ricochet is only given a week of exclusivity right? All I want is ricochet and the pit.

Would be nice, but 343 did outline the season pass completely before launch, so we did know what we were getting. I'd never turn down more free content though.

paying for Armor mods and game types is bad. But anyone with the season pass deserves to get the Champions bundle. considering 2/3 map packs were shitty, and we only get DLC maps in the low population DLC playlist.

Top Bottom