• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Tawpgun

Nah I gotta agree with cyclone, we did know what we were getting, shame I only liked one of the map packs. What would be cool is if they offered a discount for season pass holders.

Also I'm actually looking forward to the ricochet gametype it sounds like a lot of fun. 343 should give nokyard early access to make maps for it.

But knowing 343 we'll end up playing ricochet on asymmetrical maps.

Nah I gotta agree with cyclone, we did know what we were getting, shame I only liked one of the map packs. What would be cool is if they offered a discount for season pass holders.

Also I'm actually looking forward to the ricochet gametype it sounds like a lot of fun. 343 should give nokyard early access to make maps for it.

But knowing 343 we'll end up playing ricochet on asymmetrical maps.

Cant wait for Ricochet on Abandon and complex./s

Adrift and Solace may be interesting, and i hope AGL or w/e picks up ricochet for competitive play. as long as Ghost is nowhere near it.

- Multiplayer maps should be free, especially for a title that has such a dwindling population.
- Factor the cost of the post launch support when making the game in the first place.
- Discontinue the insulting practice of sticking new and on-disc gametypes behind a paywall for any length of time.
- Charge for armor perms if it's absolutely imperative to charge for something beyond the $60+ game that fans are so willing to shell out to your franchise.

Enfinit

I don't mind GoldenBoy except for the times when it's obvious he knows less about Halo. But after 3 years or whatever, Ghost hasn't improved; everything is about reflecting on yesteryear, whatever the latest TU/343 announcement is, and 50/50 calling out the wrong shit on stream. Oh, yeah, and the SCATTERSHOT IS AMAZING OMG IT'S SUCH A GREAT WEAPON AND TAKES SKILL HURR DURR!!!!!!!!!!!

GoldenBoy has a good voice for casting, the only thing that bothers me is his lack of knowledge on what I'm watching. It's like watching Gus Johnson broadcast international soccer.

As far as Ghost goes, his voice is slightly irritating, and some of the quips he slides in mid-stream is beyond annoying. Anytime someone uses a Suppressor it's constant "Hey it's the suppressor that's Quinn's favorite weapon shout out to Quinn him and I are friends he works on Halo 4!" Not to mention the constant reminder of "Hey, I'm Ghost and I made these settings we're using and the Throwdown playlist!" It's a bunch of slrping and it gets frustrating.

GoldenBoy has a good voice for casting, the only thing that bothers me is his lack of knowledge on what I'm watching. It's like watching Gus Johnson broadcast international soccer.

As far as Ghost goes, his voice is slightly irritating, and some of the quips he slides in mid-stream is beyond annoying. Anytime someone uses a Suppressor it's constant "Hey it's the suppressor that's Quinn's favorite weapon shout out to Quinn him and I are friends he works on Halo 4!" Not to mention the constant reminder of "Hey, I'm Ghost and I made these settings we're using and the Throwdown playlist!" It's a bunch of slrping and it gets frustrating.
Ghost Slrps hardcore. i was banned from Beyond because i told ghost exactly what i thought of him

Or be free for the ripped off LE owners or some kind of discount.

This. I bought the LE and it was lacklustre

Gui_PT

Champions Bundle shouldn't exist because almost no one plays the game and even if it raises the population, it'll be only for a couple of days.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Or be free for the ripped off LE owners or some kind of discount.

How are the LE owners "ripped off" when MS detailed everything that was in the LE before the game shipped? Just curious. I would have liked a bit more in the LE but I did think they did a solid job of telling us exactly what we'd get, and how many map packs we'd get with the season pass.

Champions Bundle shouldn't exist because almost no one plays the game and even if it raises the population, it'll be only for a couple of days.

What? So DLC shouldn't exist for the people that do play because there aren't that many of them? Gui pls. The DLC will get me to jump back into 4 for a bit, so I am anticipating it.

How are the LE owners "ripped off" when MS detailed everything that was in the LE before the game shipped? Just curious.

Early access perks were for everyone who played the first week of the game.
Avatar LE digital content (even the Console unicorn avatar armor) was put on the marketplace.
You couldnt download the season map packs right away, had to wait till MS fix it unlike people who doesnt buy it.
First map pack was "accidentally" released for everyone who had the early perks code.
LE price dropped drastically.
DLC maps are mostly non existant in popular playlist, here take a forge map instead.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Early access perks were for everyone who played the first week of the game.
Avatar LE digital content (even the Console unicorn avatar armor) was put on the marketplace.
You couldnt download the season map packs right away, had to wait till MS fix it unlike people who doesnt buy it.
First map pack was "accidentally" released for everyone who had the early perks code.
LE price dropped drastically.
DLC maps are mostly non existant in popular playlist, here take a forge map instead.

Huh, being that I play BTB, I see the DLC maps all the time. The LE was worth it to me just for the few bucks I saved versus buying the non-LE and then buying map packs separate. I'm hoping for a return of the Legendary edition for Halo 5 though (and it being good).

In my experince, playing with a party that all have the DLC means you always get at least 1 DLC option to vote on.

When I ever played solo I never see any DLC maps in matchmaking.

I mean obviously if your in a party, and 4/8 players already have the DLC before even start searching your more likely to play it.

But you would think with the games awful low population being the hardcore Halo 4 fans that more people would have the maps.

Regardless there needs to be a new system in place for DLC in Halo 5. I'd be all over the Halo 2 method of pay to get em early, or wait to get them free.

Unfortunately thats impossible with MS at the helm.

In my experince, playing with a party that all have the DLC means you always get at least 1 DLC option to vote on.

When I ever played solo I never see any DLC maps in matchmaking.

I mean obviously if your in a party, and 4/8 players already have the DLC before even start searching your more likely to play it.

But you would think with the games awful low population being the hardcore Halo 4 fans that more people would have the maps.

Regardless there needs to be a new system in place for DLC in Halo 5. I'd be all over the Halo 2 method of pay to get em early, or wait to get them free.

Unfortunately thats impossible with MS at the helm.

Unlike COD, DLC maps pack are the first ones to show and the "vanilla" maps are rare to show.

Tawpgun

Also, can we have BTB pro gametype in skirmish?

I had some really fun skirmish time yesterday but was still bs'd by aa's and loadouts

People can't swallow the fact that they bit the bullet and bought a LE before release. Yeah, you don't like the game but looking for a discount on the next dlc is so lame.

A discount for Season Pass holders sounds awfully fucking like a Season Pass. Shit lads, can you try thinking about what you're saying sometimes?

DLC in Halo is a complete waste of money for me because they never ever show in matchmaking.

No interest in these two new maps because of that.

TCKaos

There are people who want Ricochet as an AGL gametype... what the fuck.

I could actually see it working with static loadouts and weapon spawns. I could see Sanctuary Ricochet being pretty neat if you modify the bases slightly to make it harder to toss the ball in.

IHaveIce

Banned
There are people who want to play Halo 3 in 2013... what the fuck.

Id love to get The Pit though. That map was great in Halo 3. I just don't want to pay money for armour and perks. Feels wrong man...
Well if Halo 3 wouldn't feel so muddy I would play the shit out of it right now
to break up the monotony of Slayer after Slayer after CTF. Gods know we need to inject some life into gametypes when all ghost forces us to play is Slayer and CTF. hell i would like Oddball or Dominion.

shit
There is Extraction. And well Oddball proved to be played very boring and bad at AGLs, Dominion? Nope I don't see it working for competive play. KOTH is also taken out because of the Hill glitch. It is not his faul, he just wants gametypes that actually work somehow

It has a lot of competitive potential. Its going to depend on the maps and adjustable settings. I can see it happening though

I could actually see it working with static loadouts and weapon spawns. I could see Sanctuary Ricochet being pretty neat if you modify the bases slightly to make it harder to toss the ball in.

Hm maybe with perfect maps, but I don't see it being played exciting so anyone wants to watch it on tourneys. All I saw of it screamed like a different version of Grifball.

IHaveIce

Banned
Way different than Grifball. There are guns and its played on normal maps

Well I would like to be proven wrong, but what I saw didn't make me feel like it would be fun to watch.

I dont want to see stuff again that plays as boring as Oddball Skyline on Prolevel.

TCKaos

Think of it more like Oddball except you have an actual objective instead of just holding the ball. You've got to push and control the map so that you can move the ball in to position to score.

And 343 makes everything look like Grifball because they're bad at and hate Halo.

Think of it more like Oddball except you have an actual objective instead of just holding the ball. You've got to push and control the map so that you can move the ball in to position to score.

And 343 makes everything look like Grifball because they're bad at and hate Halo.

pretty much. they admit to playing their competitors more than their own game.

daedalius

Way different than Grifball. There are guns and its played on normal maps

Also, "GOOAAALLLLLLL!"

I think Ricochet will be a lot of fun to play, seeing it at AGL would be interesting... don't know if it would fit into the main circuit of gametypes though. But who knows.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I ain't hatin'. I just feel like it's a waste of money/time for everyone involved.

On the business end, maybe. Then again it's two maps and some armor stuff. I doubt it took too much effort.

On the player end new content is always welcome.

Milking that beaten horse yo. next month it will be the "Halsey is Evil, sarah palmer is Based God" bumper stickers

I must be in the minority not thinking releasing maps is milking. Apparently those who hate Halo 4 want it just to disappear and want DLC scrapped. If you are referring to the armor then I can see that a bit more. New maps for a multiplayer shooter isn't milking anything though.

On the business end, maybe. Then again it's two maps and some armor stuff. I doubt it took too much effort.

I must be in the minority not thinking releasing maps is milking. Apparently those who hate Halo 4 want it just to disappear and want DLC scrapped. If you are referring to the armor then I can see that a bit more. New maps for a multiplayer shooter isn't milking anything though.
Armor and having to pay for a gamemode and Armor mods.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Armor and having to pay for a gamemode and Armor mods.

That makes more sense. You can buy the maps separate from all that though right? The gametype also comes out for everyone after 2 weeks. So you could basically just buy the maps and not support the added content.

I was one that always wanted Bungie to make more armor for DLC though, so I'm not terribly shaken about armor as DLC here. I think some of it should have been in the retail release though.

paying for Armor mods and game types is bad. But anyone with the season pass deserves to get the Champions bundle. considering 2/3 map packs were shitty, and we only get DLC maps in the low population DLC playlist.

They should allow for season pass purchasers to at least play the gametypes when they drop, maybe not the maps or armor DLC (except Mk.V - that should be free for EVERYONE 343.........................).

I ain't hatin'. I just feel like it's a waste of money/time for everyone involved.

100% agree. All this does is lower The Pit's chances of appearing in the next Halo game just like Headlong being wasted on Reach :\

There are people who want Ricochet as an AGL gametype... what the fuck.

Hell yeah! Been wanting this kind of gametype for years and now that we can throw the ball, seems like an obvious inclusion to Halo's gametypes. Could be interesting in competitive play over the current OddBall, so maybe the next Halo game could add a toggle to enable/disable throwing.
And maybe for the flag too.

That makes more sense. You can buy the maps separate from all that though right? The gametype also comes out for everyone after 2 weeks. So you could basically just buy the maps and not support the added content.

I was one that always wanted Bungie to make more armor for DLC though, so I'm not terribly shaken about armor as DLC here. I think some of it should have been in the retail release though.

the gametype may come out but there are no guarantees that it will be in MM besides in a DLC playlist.
whats the use of having a gametype if there aren't maps to play it on?

Risen

I think people would have less of a problem if a DLC map pack was filled with quality maps for versus game play. If map packs are full of anything but that, they come off as just another release to suck up a tad more cash. Most of the complaints go away if people feel like they are getting value. It's probably why you don't have much of an issue... you feel like there is value there for you, where many others look at it and go "what is this shit"?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I think people would have less of a problem if a DLC map pack was filled with quality maps for versus game play. If map packs are full of anything but that, they come off as just another release to suck up a tad more cash. Most of the complaints go away if people feel like they are getting value. It's probably why you don't have much of an issue... you feel like there is value there for you, where many others look at it and go "what is this shit"?

Makes sense. I figured most would be elated to see The Pit return, and the other new map looks solid so far. I just don't see this as anything malicious besides trying to make an extra buck off armor perhaps.

Saying "it shouldn't exist" is just a bit far off for me, as new content for a game I play is always welcome, especially in map form for a multiplayer shooter.

Top Bottom