• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Gui_PT

In my opinion Halo CE actually was the most simple Halo, everything today is too cluttered by bullshit.

You know what I mean though. I don't want their version of a simplified Halo.

It should be pretty clear by now that their approach isn't working at all.
Any professional person should have the ability to look at their product and not only realize that something is wrong with it but also understand when changes have to be made.

The fact that they stick with their mentality and refuse to admit the game is dead is really worrying for the rest of the franchise.

Mace Griffin

Neo Member
In my opinion Halo CE actually was the most simple Halo, everything today is too cluttered by bullshit.

It has the least gimmickry but the most actual complexity and depth in terms of gameplay, the characteristics of a great game, unfortunately developers don't seem to get this anymore.

Madness

It's obvious that a exactly what infinity is... Allow someone to use all the weapons with personal ordnance, by randomizing global ordnance, you make it so no one knows what's coming and so the top players can't hold the hill for rockets but the guy who keeps dying and respawning might get them right near him.

Give them perks to change up mid game and give them the tools to overcome better players. Oh there's a great warthog driver/gunner combo? Equip your loadout with PP/stickies and let them have it. Oh, don't know where players are, here's an armor ability that let's you see through walls. It's actually pretty fucking ridiculous just how shitty Halo 4 is with it's launch gameplay.

Gui_PT

Halo don died.

It is true though. Unfortunately.

Whether you like the game, hate it or just dislike it, this game is dead. Especially compared to previous Halo games.

What they tried to do is understandable. They're a business and as any business they need money to survive. So what's their best bet? Try to cater to as many people as you can. The problem is that when you do that, you just get a mixed mess of dozens of random things people(kids) like in videogames.

You tried to pull more people in 343, it didn't work. Now try to cater to the actual Halo fans.

Make a Halo game.

TheOddOne

Interview with Quinn regarding changes to Judgment and why it was different from the original Gears trilogy. So just remember, he was only really a map designer in Gears 3, but lead designer for MP in judgment supposedly.
No, he wasn't. Jonathan Heckley was the lead MP designer on Judgment. Quinn was just a designer. Quinn had as much input as Creative Director Cliff Bleszinski. Which was barely anything. The overall game designer was Oliver Barder, the original was Adrian Chmielarz before he left (Much of his ideas stayed though, also his vision for multiplayer).

Meh, this witchhunt is really terribly conceived. Pointing fingers for the sake of pointing fingers.

Madness

No, he wasn't. Jonathan Heckley was the lead MP designer on Judgment. Quinn was just a designer. Quinn had as much input as Creative Director Cliff Bleszinski. Which was barely anything. The overall game designer was Oliver Barder, the original was Adrian Chmielarz before he left (Much of his ideas stayed though, also his vision for multiplayer).

Meh, this witchhunt is really terribly conceived. Pointing fingers for the sake of pointing fingers.

What witchhunt? I haven't said anything about Quinn or blamed him for Halo 4... I simply said he was a map designer for gears 3 and was "supposedly" a lead designer for judgment. That's how the article I just read described him. They called him the multiplayer lead on Judgment. So I think he'd have some input on the way it's played. He was pretty much the face of Judgment multiplayer, numerous interviews, talked about all the design decisions, not far fetched to say he had a hand in them or believed in them. Not a witchhunt to criticize him for how multiplayer on another game turned out.

Don't know why you have a stick up your ass with me or my posts lately.

Interesting thing is that when I said everything as I said now, just after last tune up, everybody was hatin' me, now, everybody is telling the same what I'm telling since begining.

TheOddOne

What witchhunt? I haven't said anything about Quinn or blamed him for Halo 4? I simply said he was a map designer and was supposedly a lead designer for judgment. That's how the article I just read described him. They called him the multiplayer lead on Judgment. So I think he'd have quite a lot of input on the way it's played. Don't know why you have a stick up your ass with me or my posts lately.
You will probably take this the wrong way and I don’t blame you if you get mad, so here it is.

Have you ever stopped and evaluated your post once and while? Like some self censorship? Take a second just to look over what you just typed? Often, like ¾, your overall posts are just random unnecessary stuff that really doesn’t need even included in posts. If you want to get a point across, then do it, but do it without all the fluff and drive the point home. Heck, look at juices , we kid a lot with him and about him, but he sure knows how to really drive the point across without having to really make excessive daily random posts. His ‘population is dropping’ posts are hilarious, but freaking are so sharp that it ignites even more discussion on what is so wrong about Halo 4.

I know you are very passionate, but you have to know when you’re being a total annoyance. Heck, I can be a real excessive guy sometimes, but then there are times where I’m just popping in for a simple hello or a smallish detailed reply. Halo 4 and 343 deserve all the hate it is getting, and nobody should really censor themselves from saying it, but do it one good stab is better than several small stabs.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
i dont understand how in Legendary slayer, i can get a br, hit 3 shots and get mowed down by an AR in the BR's effective range.
Yeah, all the guns have been buffed to comedic levels, I was mowing down people with less than a third of a clip of the SAW.
I thought spawning with an AR was supposed to leave you defenseless against BRs. Make up your mind, HaloGAF.
AR is god-tier now.

Enfinit

Yeah, all the guns have been buffed to comedic levels, I was mowing down people with less than a third of a clip of the SAW.

AR is god-tier now.

Has the AR been buffed further than it already has been for Legendary slayer, or is it the same as the usual ridiculous slayer gametypes?

Also, go back to Dany you fool.

Ghazi

I just don't understand how they thought it was fair to buff the damage of the AR/SAW so much and decrease aim assist. It's not like you need to be pinpoint accurate with the goddamn thing to hit people. I think they should've gotten a smaller damage buff to compete a little bit alongside the other weapon buffs but that's it. The AR and SAW dominate everything in close and mid range and the BR is only really useful at mid long-long range when AR's are in play.

I just don't understand how they thought it was fair to buff the damage of the AR/SAW so much and decrease aim assist. It's not like you need to be pinpoint accurate with the goddamn thing to hit people. I think they should've gotten a smaller damage buff to compete a little bit alongside the other weapon buffs but that's it. The AR and SAW dominate everything in close and mid range and the BR is only really useful at mid long-long range when AR's are in play.

then you have to deal with the Random spread on the BR

The OddOne killed Halo.

He built the coffin, I broke the rules of Hell by speaking from beyond the grave. The blood gods were not pleased and killed Halo as a result.

It's typical Team Salt bullshit. Halo's been dead since X and as a result the vocal haters are preaching for naught for a couple of years. When the community takes a particularly negative downturn, they immediately go "I TOLD YOU GUISE" even though we've been seeing the shit happen for ages but they want to be treated like kings because they somehow found the missing link. Oh, and to add to the fun, Team SLRP tries to make a counterpoint by saying "NUH-UH I KNEW IT WAS DEAD I WAS JUST PRETENDING" and gets all defensive and shit.

This community a bitch.

That the BR is overpowered, balance is fucked, players are literally forced to camp.

Big Team Slayer is practically unplayable now. Literally.

EDIT2: I was recording one round last night. Haven, all 4 of them camping, 2 of them using active camo, in corners with shotgun and sword... What the f..?!?!??!?!

AR has a little luck factor thrown in a medium range but it will still best a BR if you miss one burst, you are dead son.

Really the BR should have stayed 5 hit and the DMR dropped a peg, instead they buffed every weapon up to DMR levels and increased kill time on every weapon, which helped 'balance' weapons out but also broke Halo and turned it into even more of a cod clone.

Halo plays best when you don't die in 1.2 seconds from across the map.

Also can we have some maps without a sniper rifle please 343, I know it's a pro power weapon but why does it have to appear on every map out there.

That the BR is overpowered, balance is fucked, players are literally forced to camp.

EDIT2: I was recording one round last night. Haven, all 4 of them camping, 2 of them using active camo, in corners with shotgun and sword... What the f..?!?!??!?!

BR promotes map movement. /s

Prior to the update, when did the extreme range of the DMR and stickies/plasma pistols in loadouts make BTB any more playable?

Also, please don't use 'literally' when the word doesn't apply to the context of your sentence.

I really don't like the way you spout shit.

pOlU2iM.gif

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13
  4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  5. GTA IV
  6. NBA 2K13
  7. Assassin’s Creed II (Free for Gold Members until July 31, 2013)
    [*]Halo 4
  8. Battlefield 3
  9. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  10. Skyrim
  11. Modern Warfare 2
  12. Borderlands 2
    [*]Halo: Reach
  13. Gears of War 3
  14. NCAA Football 14
  15. Spartacus Legends
  16. Assassin’s Creed III
  17. Forza Motorsport 4
  18. Madden NFL 13

http://majornelson.com/2013/07/24/live-activity-for-week-of-july-15/
down the list Halo falls. did reach move up/down?

FyreWulff

IHaveIce

Banned

The BR is overpowered? Lol yes clearly....come on

Risen

Shoot your over powered BR mayne...

Players are in no way forced to camp. Players that camp... camp... players that don't... don't. The guns have nothing to do with it. The idea that they do is complete horse shit. Some people will sit in a corner with a shotty, while others will run around an area of the map aggressively pushing halls and corners. The very same thing that some people say forces them to camp is the very same thing that allows others to aggressively run a map.

That updated BR now means you have something that helps you get over all the crap that is in the game. That over powered AR now has a place in the weapon sandbox. Sure it can shred at what was traditionally a rifle only range... but if I land my four, the AR dies at that range... if I miss, I die. It's the same at all but the closest ranges between the two.

Kid loading out cammo sitting in a corner with a shotty...? He better not miss.

On a map with longer open sight lines? The DMR and Light Rifle decimate BR's at range. On a smaller map full of mid range encounters? Have good aim? The Carbine shits...

The game is a mess... there is no doubt, but there's also no doubt the current iteration of H4 is by far more playable than the initial release.

Gui_PT

Hehe.

Gui do you still play the game sometimes? Add me and carry me in legebdary slayer pls

I hop on randomly twice a week but I'd play more often if I had folks to play with.

Won't play Legendary Slayer though, I'd rather go naked horse riding with sandpaper as a saddle.

Yes, but the problem is that there are more players that camp than that dont, and it kills gameplay and it forcing players to stop playing.

What I got from my type of gameplay, i got slaughtered every time when i get to campers, it's really frustrating. Even Promethean Vision does not help. I see them, ok i need to kill them now, and i cant do that because there are 3 of them with ordinance drop weapons.

TheOddOne

He built the coffin, I broke the rules of Hell by speaking from beyond the grave. The blood gods were not pleased and killed Halo as a result.

It's typical Team Salt bullshit. Halo's been dead since X and as a result the vocal haters are preaching for naught for a couple of years. When the community takes a particularly negative downturn, they immediately go "I TOLD YOU GUISE" even though we've been seeing the shit happen for ages but they want to be treated like kings because they somehow found the missing link. Oh, and to add to the fun, Team SLRP tries to make a counterpoint by saying "NUH-UH I KNEW IT WAS DEAD I WAS JUST PRETENDING" and gets all defensive and shit.

This community a bitch.
I still don't believe that the world is round. I still think it's flat.

Can't believe they ruined Longbow with all these vehicles. I freaking blame you, cat.

I still don't believe that the world is round. I still think it's flat.

Can't believe they ruined Longbow with all these vehicles. I freaking blame you, cat.

I give them one suggestion - one suggestion - add a Needler Shotgun to top mid. And what do they do? Add Banshees and Scorpions.

KEVIN

Top Bottom